Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. (22921 Views)

The State Of Hostels In Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo / Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / Federal Poly Nekede, Owerri, Admission List Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Rgp92: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2011
GOGO STUDENTS, fight for your right. Some idiots here are saying violents is not always the answer. IN NIGERIA, VIOLENTS IS THE ANSWER. I hope this riot spread across the Country, all the current politicians in Nigeria must die!! GOGO AGAIN STUDENT!! Do you best! kill them all
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by bashydemy(m): 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2011
But it sayd Fedpoly ede
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by sweetguy10(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2011
Demented moderators , what has EDE got to do with this ?
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Texther(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
E ya, sorry4 u oooo
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by airmark(m): 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2011
Igbo students on rampage!!!
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Leffe2010: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2011
hacney or what you call ur self why the aye you are very silly
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by daniellle(f): 12:28am On Jul 30, 2011
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by mekaboy(m): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2011

BUT WHY THIS INCREASE IN SCHOOL FEES? WHERE DO THEY EXPECT THE PARENTS TO GET THE MONEY FROM ? GOVT THAT PROMISED 18K MINIMUM WAGE COULD NOT FULFILL THE PROMISE, HOW DO THEY EXPECT THIS MONEY TO BE PAID

WITH ALL THE OIL AND WEALTH NIGERIA HAS THE POOR MASSES SUFFER MORE, HOW COME WHAT IS MEANT TO BE A BLESSING TO US HAS TURNED OUT TO BECOME A CURSE ?

STUDENTS SHOULD BE MORE DIPLOMATIC, WRITE PETITIONS , GO TO THE NEWS PAPERS , GO TO THE TELEVISION AND RADIO, I AM SURE THE SCHOOL AUTHORITIES DONT WANT TO MAKE HEADLINES.

MAY GOD HELP US.

Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by dayokanu(m): 12:52am On Jul 30, 2011
Is Odechukwu Reetardeen Jonathan the moderator of NL?

Or why is Home page reading Ede instead of Nekede
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by lagcity(m): 1:31am On Jul 30, 2011
Igbo ppl, una see una life for big screen? grin Igbos can never be civilized. it is just not in their blood grin grin
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by tunnytox(m): 1:36am On Jul 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Is Odechukwu Reetardeen Jonathan the moderator of NL?

Or why is Home page reading Ede instead of Nekede

The moderator i believe is a die hard GEJ fan so i'm not surprised its a shame though cos she be fine girl grin grin
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by dayokanu(m): 2:34am On Jul 30, 2011
Which of the moderators be fine gal?

I go like shine her Kongo
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by CyberG: 5:34am On Jul 30, 2011
Well, they will have to pay for the damages now. Kai, the days of "aluta" and congress at Amphi, Ife! I think addressing the people involved would be a better strategy not burning your school bus and buildings. Simply, now they will have to pay more.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Abanicwise(m): 7:22am On Jul 30, 2011
If truly life was lost in inevitable protest dt later degenerated into violence, it was highly regretted though, but what do u think would av bn d best form of machinery to be put in place to register ur grievance, pain and/or displeasure in a savage (LAWLESNESS) nation of ours. Some folk were clamouring and suggesting dialog, haven forgotten dt dialog is only an instrument in resolving conflict and can only triumph and sail through in a nation where there are listening leader and law as check, not a mere book to d inhabitant. I read and learnt from a NL'der "silviagiva" dt d Irate student resolve into dis crude and primitive means of getting things done when it became inevitable. Going by d NL'der I quoted, there was SUDDEN IRRATIONAL 100% INCREMENT IN D SCHOOL FEE in february, this mark d beginning of d Irate student plight and struggle. if truly d Rector believes in dialog, she shld av since proffer a reasonable solution to ameliorate d discomfort of
dis student, butshe chose to turn a
deaf ear instead. D student was said to hav gone haywire when all hope appears to av bn dashed, when d school authority slated friday as d deadline for d expulsion of defaulter in d payment of d exorbitant fee without regard to financial capacity of d parent and inabiity of student to meet up.
This is no less compare with d rancour btw federal Govt. And labour union(NLC) in d minimum wage saga (#18,000. Buy two bags of rice with no money to transport it home) d labour Union has since threaten industrial action twice but called it off on d two occasion at d 11th hour all dis in d name of dialog. If u follow d trend, they dialog, d dialog culminated into an agreement, d agreement result into bill and d bill has bn sign into law since 24th march this year uptill dis very moment it has not bn honoured, this is d highest govt. Of d land breaking it own law, just 2 days ago labour threaten another industrial action. Truly Labour has strike as there own last resort weapon, what does d poor student has as their own last resort rather than protest which degenerate to violence, protest they say, is d voice of d unheard. If the school management av there way and these helpless students are eventually expel from d school not because of poor academic
performance but reckless, irrational and
selfishness of some glutton group of people, then what become of them, they turn and metamorphosed into frustrated half baked hoodlums and political thugs for our wicked political leader, this is so, so unfair. This is not AMERICA, it is Nigeria so let do it in our own way,for that is d only way/language our greedy, vissionless, and irrational leaders understand I beg. We alwaz want to emulate d western world but d hidden fact is we don't have viable, dependable, reliable and strong institution like they do. here, our leaders are bigger than our our institutions. I stand corrected.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by shegzy4luv(m): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2011
this is nekede,imo state not ede,osun state,let this people stop making silly mistake while posting.my own school is a school of peace.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by DPOPE4(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2011
Ar there students within d school. Any idea of when we shall resume?Ar there students within d school. Any idea of when we shall resume?
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Sike(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2011
dayokanu:

So U like better Thing?
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by tunnytox(m): 8:42am On Jul 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Odunnu nau grin grin
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by fuke(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2011
@poster,

This is about Nkede Owerri not Ede.

please change the home page title as you may be inadvertently

driving wrong Nairalanders there.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by DPOPE4(m): 9:41am On Jul 30, 2011
lagcity:

Igbo ppl, una see una life for big screen? grin Igbos can never be civilized. it is just not in their blood grin grin
u must b mad. Y must u say dat
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by xynerise: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2011
@fuke. The mistake is from the dizzy moderator not me. undecided
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Outstrip(f): 3:48am On Jul 31, 2011
Yes burn everything down. I am sure that will make them reduce the fees. Where do they think the money to replace all these damages? From the increased fees of course
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Afanna1: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2011
airmark:

Igbo students on rampage!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by dgb4(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
this was damn serious,

please any news on their resumption date?
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Amiblaze(f): 6:45am On Sep 05, 2011
those pple dat ar sayin dat nekedites has 2 b purnished ar saying it because dem no dey our skul.so if rector increase skul fees or not it dos nt affect dem.dats y deh wil 4get dey mouth hear 1 day.
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by dgb4(m): 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2011
please does any onek know when Federal Poly Nekede will resume?
Re: Serious Riot In Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. by Istillfuckyou: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
airmark: Igbo students on rampage!!!
this igbo may kill u one day

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNN Graduate Makes Groundbreaking Invention / How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. / Enem Aniemeka, NAF Officer Emerges Best Doctoral Student At Babcock University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.