Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) (64719 Views)

Ekiti Fake Wedding Reception (highlights) / A Nigerian Wedding I Attended / A Nigerian Wedding I Attended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by mytime24(f): 10:25am On Jul 09, 2022
H
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by atutoe: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2022
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by ObaChris(m): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2022
BUSINESS OF COUSRE

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by myike2(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2022
You buy asoebi, you pay for transport fare, you give offering…all because of someone wen you no know (your colleague’s sister). I’m sure that colleague is what you said she is, a colleague, and not even a FRIEND, let alone her sister. Yet, in that very unsafe Nigeria, you went outside the borders of your state, not even within your state. Why are you then complaining?
Una get luck sef say the driver of the bus, with all that anger, no carry una dey go where una no know cheesy

16 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Weezy463: 10:33am On Jul 09, 2022
Ok12345:
I don laugh tire grin grin
aiswear!
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by NobleSeed(m): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2022
where him dey way them dey eat the flesh ?grin grin
Youngwiz71:
Lol the patient dog eats the fattest bone..... Just calm down, food go soon done grin

2 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Biglittlelois(f): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2022
What a wedding cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Biafranodogwu55: 10:33am On Jul 09, 2022
U never see anything grin

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2022
She should just return your Asoebi money.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by NaijaCover(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2022
Nothing No Go See
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Traplord09: 10:36am On Jul 09, 2022
Na lie, not for naija. If you patient here for this country , especially when you come spiritualize am say you dey hear from God, you go suffer, you go hear wheen cheesy you go look up the sky look for help you fit no see any.

The best thing wey God give you wey go prevent you from suffering, na to start using your brain if not you are OYO.

Who invitees or invite you people... To the wedding

grin grin cheesy grin
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by nokspos: 10:37am On Jul 09, 2022
what makes you call the op fake human being. ? must you hate on everything
Fiscus105:

Fake human being narrating fake story of fake marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by akosh005: 10:38am On Jul 09, 2022
Not a fake wedding.... that's called inconclusive wedding since item 7 was not shared.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Psalmistproject: 10:38am On Jul 09, 2022
This sounds like you are a teacher bro.

Take a chill pill one day you too go hammer.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by edungene7: 10:38am On Jul 09, 2022
OP you opening the books of lamentation because of owanbe food is a national embarrassment some things are not for public consumption be guided

3 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by akpunda86: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2022
exstreve:
Lol.

Going by your story, I assume you work in a private school and she's a fellow staff. I see absolutely no reason why you had to make such journey for a person you're not so close to. Anyways, lessons learnt, but you should have collected the bigi na, lol.

Most private schools mostly a most don't know but wen my wife was in a private if teacher in Ur section must.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by thatigboman1: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:

I'm not sure it wil last long....it looks like the man was forced, the husband put on white sneakers on the suit.
why will your welfare or social committee be involved in the wedding of a colleague's sister? In my organisation, the committee only collect contribution for something involving the member - wedding, child birth, burial etc. If it involves member's family, they only organise transportation which staff that will attend will pay.

5 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by miqos02(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2022
Ishilove:
Buhahahahahahaha!!!!! This is funny cheesy

Nobody forced you to pay offering. The kind of person that once I notice you're trying to squeeze me for every penny I have in the name offering, I'll lock up with my face like granite and not move from my seat.

As for travelling from Ekiti to Akure, if you're not my blood sibling then no way in God's green earth will I cross the state borders in the name of attending wedding. I'll wire my donation, buy your aso ebi and even buy you gifts but I will not travel out of my location to any part of this unsafe country for a wedding ceremony. Never

Can't even remember the last time I attended a party
same here, who party epp ? Even close relation parties, I dey bone am.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Rexymania(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2022
What do you expect in a broke church?

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by femiasaolu2014: 10:40am On Jul 09, 2022
How was it a fake wedding though?

I am still searching for that part or did you bury the lede somewhere I missed?

2 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Jemex003: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:
Good evening Nairalanders, please don't mind my Grammer, I'm not a grammarian
One of our colleagues at work invited all members of staff to her sisters wedding in Akure..

The whole staff bought the ASO EBI which was sold 3k, and also paid 2k for the transport which was deducted from my salary.
On the wedding day, we left Ekiti around 8am and got to Akure around 10:20am, the lady welcomed us and directed us to the church venue,the program has not started when we got to the church, they are still waiting for the groom to arrive, the groom set in around after 11, and the program lasted for about 4hrs, throughout the program the pastor was just seeking for donation to build his church, the floor of the church has not been plastered likewise the buglary and Windows, the pastor was just looking for a way to empty our pocket by seeking for donation.

What surprise me most was that when it was time for the couples to receive their wedding ring, they spent about 25minute before the groom showed up, I saw people running after the man as he was looking for a way escape , immediately when the program, we expected the woman to bring our food, I was shocked when the woman said our food is still on fire, they are just preparing our food around 3:00pm, I was boiling with anger, what kind of thing is this? I only took bread and beans in before leaving the house, there is no way of feeding us.

I felt pity for the nursing among us, their kids has been exhausted and now looking like hungry lion, I don't have money on me again, I spent the last penny in paying offering.., I felt like crying that moment, but had to hold myself, I have wasted my time all the way from Ekiti..

Typing.........

You must be one of Labour Party noise maker. Who will believe your lies. We’re not fool here like you.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by jojothaiv(m): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2022
H0didon:
As long as i am in Nigeria, nothing suprises me again.
As our Ancestors would say " If you no wise for 9ja, you no fit wise for anywhere".
Seconded..
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by rezzy: 10:44am On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:

I'm not sure it wil last long....it looks like the man was forced, the husband put on white sneakers on the suit.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by jojothaiv(m): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
No vex! You too for try collect your share make una go finish the cooking for house grin.
Normal normal that person that invited you guys deserves to be whooped with strong bamboo stick
Infact if na me the manager sef no go sleep
We go beat each other starting from the 1st floor to the last floor.

Dj! 2 cups of palmwine to cool myself
Barman! Play me"the wedding party" by Desmond tutu and Eminem.
grin grin grin
This manchi na weyrey...
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by diplomat058(m): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

I hope you're not a teacher teaching people's innocent children, with the bullshit you wrote up there

It'll be very disappointing if you are a teacher and don't know where to put a ''full stop'' or a ''comma' in a sentence.

Please note that sentences end with ''full stops/periods'', and not ''commas''.

LooL you're the half-baked one here, mate! A sentence doesn't necessarily have to end with a full-stop. If conjoined with another sentence, you can have comma, or even a semicolon to indicate continuity

LooL

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Listenverywell: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:
Good evening Nairalanders, please don't mind my Grammer, I'm not a grammarian
One of our colleagues at work invited all members of staff to her sisters wedding in Akure..

The whole staff bought the ASO EBI which was sold 3k, and also paid 2k for the transport which was deducted from my salary.
On the wedding day, we left Ekiti around 8am and got to Akure around 10:20am, the lady welcomed us and directed us to the church venue,the program has not started when we got to the church, they are still waiting for the groom to arrive, the groom set in around after 11, and the program lasted for about 4hrs, throughout the program the pastor was just seeking for donation to build his church, the floor of the church has not been plastered likewise the buglary and Windows, the pastor was just looking for a way to empty our pocket by seeking for donation.

What surprise me most was that when it was time for the couples to receive their wedding ring, they spent about 25minute before the groom showed up, I saw people running after the man as he was looking for a way escape , immediately when the program, we expected the woman to bring our food, I was shocked when the woman said our food is still on fire, they are just preparing our food around 3:00pm, I was boiling with anger, what kind of thing is this? I only took bread and beans in before leaving the house, there is no way of feeding us.

I felt pity for the nursing among us, their kids has been exhausted and now looking like hungry lion, I don't have money on me again, I spent the last penny in paying offering.., I felt like crying that moment, but had to hold myself, I have wasted my time all the way from Ekiti..

Typing.........

Such a regretful event lol Did you guys finally eat?
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by SAMBARRY: 10:46am On Jul 09, 2022
Ishilove:
Buhahahahahahaha!!!!! This is funny cheesy

Nobody forced you to pay offering. The kind of person that once I notice you're trying to squeeze me for every penny I have in the name offering, I'll lock up with my face like granite and not move from my seat.

As for travelling from Ekiti to Akure, if you're not my blood sibling then no way in God's green earth will I cross the state borders in the name of attending wedding. I'll wire my donation, buy your aso ebi and even buy you gifts but I will not travel out of my location to any part of this unsafe country for a wedding ceremony. Never

Can't even remember the last time I attended a party
exactly.a country where security isn't taken seriously, kidnappers keep having a field day kidnapping wedding guests on their way back from a wedding.omo I nor go attend o.na apology and gift go end am and If you no accept my apology,na you sabi.i no send you.my life is more valuable to me than your wedding and no be say if them kidnap my enemy you fit do anything about it.

These days na virtual wedding I attend.i have DELIBERATELY stabbed 2 colleagues wedding and 1 of them reported me to my boss.i no send.i tell am say I dey do laundry and by the time I was finished I was already tired.till today he no follow me talk because of that and I don't give a f,vck.if your wedding venue is not a close distance where I will spend N200 max ( to and fro) as transportation, I'm not going because attending wedding in itself a sacrifice and very stressful.you have to be someone I love and value deeply to do that for Because I go pay make-up artist for gele and make up, still pay for aso ebi and tailor including driver.after working Monday to Friday? Never!

3 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by moredolu(m): 10:46am On Jul 09, 2022
It's a pity, I guess the purpose was achieved likely that your colleague must had bought lots of aso-ebi from other staffs and see this wedding as an avenue for you people to buy her own. Thank God you got home safely grin sad
omolola100:
We all felt dejected, our town visiting still far from Akure, we have leave on time because of the security situation in the country, we don't know when food will be ready..

We all left the church in annoyance, they have cancelled the reception,. You have to take care of your guest separately.

Our drivers face is not accommodating at all, we did not allow him to finish the Baron,
His driving was reckless throughout the journey,he was driving with anger, we cautioned him, but remain adamant, we got home safely..
It was later we got to know that the husband was forced to do the wedding, none of his family members came to the wedding, the lady is a single mother.

The woman came to school on Monday , and we are all expecting her to apologise to us but to my greatest surprise, she started yelling at us that she does have any fault, she complained we should have waited for the food to get ready before leaving, she did not even say a single sorry..
She gave everybody a bigiapple, but I returned my own drinks back to her, i requested from the social committee to give me the #500 I contributed..
It's not all ocassion that we should always attend...
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Arysexy(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2022
Keep voting incompetent leaders that make you not to have money to buy yourself snacks.

I can't attend any wedding or burial with hope if eating. It's a privilege not a right if they offer you food

Please what made the marriage fake? I'm lost
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by IamGreen1(f): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

The pastor kept emotionally swindling the congregation of their money and you fell for it giving out your last penny. No be better hungry bin waya you.

I swear, God sef know say I won't drop a kobo cheesy.

chii8:
Lolzzz..... before I go any party I must chop Wella for house. grin

My dad do go with his drinks and tumbler, if it is family we carry our food from home.

3 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Oloruntobi4382(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2022
OJODEL10:
Okun oooooooooo
this kind wedding na tire me ooo if they never get money to do am why they no wait
the pastor tooo
no be by force to di elaborate wedding stop do parlour relax yourself
greeting in ekiti
okunooo ora oooo

Sounds like Yagba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Marries 40-Year-Old Woman (Photos) / Nwanta Anayoeze Sprays Money From A Briefcase At Wedding Event. Photos / Groom Stands On A Groomsman To Kiss Bride (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.