Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) (64691 Views)

Ekiti Fake Wedding Reception (highlights) / A Nigerian Wedding I Attended / A Nigerian Wedding I Attended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by RichAbujaGuy: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2022
"One of our colleagues at work invited all members of staff to her sisters wedding in Akure.."

Pure shamelessness inviting colleagues to such a precarious situation. sad
Monday morning soon come. wink
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by mignone(f): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2022
dmk23:

Why remove party money from your salary? It shouldn't be so, na by force to go party?
Hmmm ... you really don't want to know what goes on in these private establishments, schools especially.

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Ebenezer4141(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2022
tellwisdom:
Op, who gave you 500? But you are poor. sad

World richest man i hail o!!
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Emeka71(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:
We all felt dejected, our town visiting still far from Akure, we have leave on time because of the security situation in the country, we don't know when food will be ready..

We all left the church in annoyance, they have cancelled the reception,. You have to take care of your guest separately.

Our drivers face is not accommodating at all, we did not allow him to finish the Baron,
His driving was reckless throughout the journey,he was driving with anger, we cautioned him, but remain adamant, we got home safely..
It was later we got to know that the husband was forced to do the wedding, none of his family members came to the wedding, the lady is a single mother.

The woman came to school on Monday , and we are all expecting her to apologise to us but to my greatest surprise, she started yelling at us that she does have any fault, she complained we should have waited for the food to get ready before leaving, she did not even say a single sorry..
She gave everybody a bigiapple, but I returned my own drinks back to her, i requested from the social committee to give me the #500 I contributed..
It's not all ocassion that we should always attend...
Wait o untop all the money you spent?
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Mayeldah(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2022
Your colleague's sister's wedding and all of una attend?

Una no get work! From Ekiti to Ondo for that matter

Who does that?

3 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Chuknovski(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2022
OJODEL10:
Okun oooooooooo
this kind wedding na tire me ooo if they never get money to do am why they no wait
the pastor tooo
no be by force to di elaborate wedding stop do parlour relax yourself
greeting in ekiti
okunooo ora oooo

We in kogi greet okun too, our tribe is okun, therefore okun baba
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by mignone(f): 11:40am On Jul 09, 2022
cayorday89:

For the kind of party narrated above, you will still be wrong unless you overchop and still carry extra to go along. We no go go party wey go frustrate us.
Me I once bought roasted plantain (booli) & g.nuts as extra to a retirement party.
There was more than enough food though &I even served cos twas our boss' party but I decided nt to taste ordinary water there.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Udemzy05: 11:43am On Jul 09, 2022
Lol.. This is one lesson I've learnt when it comes to item number 7 in weddings.

Don't allow one family to handle the food, even if you're doing it at the bride's church and they tell you to give them money so they will be in charge of all the cookings , don't ever agree to that arrangement.

The bride's family should handle theirs and the groom's family handle their own cooking,if you're inviting another group of people outside the family,make sure you give them money or probably make some contributions among each other to cook their own food.

Food dey always cause issues for wedding, in fact unavailability of food go make people tag your wedding as unsuccessful. grin

You can't satisfy everyone but make sure you satisfy most of them.

3 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by IgOga(m): 11:51am On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:

I'm not sure it wil last long....it looks like the man was forced, the husband put on white sneakers on the suit.
grin grin grin is this a comedy skit

2 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by naija4life247: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2022
exstreve:
Lol.

Going by your story, I assume you work in a private school and she's a fellow staff. I see absolutely no reason why you had to make such journey for a person you're not so close to. Anyways, lessons learnt, but you should have collected the bigi na, lol.

My colleagues in my office know me very well, even if your party is next street, I will not come. There have been more than 25 weddings, naming ceremonies, burials, e.t.c. I attended none, but I bought Aso-Ebi for all of them so that they will not think it is poverty that is my problem.

We are colleagues, not friends. I know my friends. Even those that thought that they were my friends in the office, they were surprised that I did not attended their occasions. One did wedding at a big Anglican Church which is four houses from my house, I still did not attend. People should learn to separate work from friendship. While still at my current office, I did a child naming ceremony and my grandmother's community carnival like burial, I invited no single office mates. Na work I come do for office, no be friends I come make.

6 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Nnamebuka: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2022
sharpwriter:

You are in the spirit. My own small church love feast don teach me lesson many years ago. Imagine a love feast in not so big church and some youths were not served. #poorplanning

Food dey but the servers (female choir and co workers) were busy serving themselves and church elders and elderly members instead of allowing food to go round by serving from row to row.

Till today I never believed I couldn't eat that jollof rice that day. It was during xmas/new year or so. My younger brother was wiser, he don chop jollof wey our mama cook before him leave house.

Me relied on the sweet mouth of the pastor since the previous week say everyone go chop tire cheesy not knowing I was fooling myself. These pastors na Pounded Yam dem chop sef.

That their jollof get salad with cream and I no taste am, Chai! angry angry

The thing be say some of us wey regret na adult youth and young youths wey cool wey no dey forward and wey no be church workers, we just believe say dem plan well, so we no hustle for the food that day.

And I didn't expect we'd be hustling for food in a not so big church. I get one malt but in decency, I had to pass it across to the first person in the row in expectation that it will be served round, alas! I miscalculated. As the server dey serve, na so dem go call am comot, serving don end be dat.

In short, na two buttermint sweet reach me wey I carry comot for the church that Sunday. angry angry angry

My younger brother just dey laf me cheesy grin
I was seething with anger and disappointment with red eyes. Na my mama jollof I come back come eat angry

Since that day, any occasion I wan go, church or wedding or funeral ceremony, I must chop something before I comot house.

We too dey self centered in this part of the world.

I still dey vex o even as I'm typing and anytime I remember that day angry
Your own come funny pass the op own. I was laughing like mumu grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by dgee1(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2022
Take a look at the rubbish you typed. That she works in a school does not necessarily mean she's a teacher. And for your information: you also commited some punctuational and grammatical blunders in this your well-written rubbish. Ewu!

We4all:

Why are you surprised? She already mentioned ‘Ekiti’. So, you shouldn’t expect much from her. People from that region can graduate with first class but will still be unable to write properly in English.

3 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Positiveme2020: 11:56am On Jul 09, 2022
I don't expect to eat at parties,I grace the occasion and leave early.

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by mignone(f): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2022
myike2:
You buy asoebi, you pay for transport fare, you give offering…all because of someone wen you no know (your colleague’s sister). I’m sure that colleague is what you said she is, a colleague, and not even a FRIEND, let alone her sister. cheesy
Thank you o. This is Y one older colleague &others ganged up against me dt yr - 2013 or so. She came from another unit (in d same dept tho)&announced dt her younger bro was getting married.I kept mute cos I knew I wasn't interested.
Normally, ppl wld be asked to contribute money; at sm point before then, I'd said no&dt I'd personally gift whoever I'm interested in his/her party. dt caused a stir &I was reported to d boss;they thought I'd budge bt I maintained my stand&d boss even supported them- in civil service o.
A month or so later, d woman came back&said she tot d wedding wld come first bt nw, d lady had put to bed. Now it's naming ceremony &nt wedding anymore.
In short, I shocked them all to their disbelief cos I was d youngest of them then. Since then, I was left alone.
Funny thing is nt all these ppl are comfy with those ideas o bt they can't just put their foot down.

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by naija4life247: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2022
We4all:

Why are you surprised? She already mentioned ‘Ekiti’. So, you shouldn’t expect much from her. People from that region can graduate with first class but will still be unable to write properly in English.

I need to see your medical certificate of mental fitness because you don't sound mentally stable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by tiswell(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:
We all felt dejected, our town visiting still far from Akure, we have leave on time because of the security situation in the country, we don't know when food will be ready..

We all left the church in annoyance, they have cancelled the reception,. You have to take care of your guest separately.

Our drivers face is not accommodating at all, we did not allow him to finish the Baron,
His driving was reckless throughout the journey,he was driving with anger, we cautioned him, but remain adamant, we got home safely..
It was later we got to know that the husband was forced to do the wedding, none of his family members came to the wedding, the lady is a single mother.

The woman came to school on Monday , and we are all expecting her to apologise to us but to my greatest surprise, she started yelling at us that she does have any fault, she complained we should have waited for the food to get ready before leaving, she did not even say a single sorry..
She gave everybody a bigiapple, but I returned my own drinks back to her, i requested from the social committee to give me the #500 I contributed..
all the drama cos of common ordinary simple 5h shocked
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by phemmyfour: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:
Good evening Nairalanders, please don't mind my Grammer, I'm not a grammarian
One of our colleagues at work invited all members of staff to her sisters wedding in Akure..

The whole staff bought the ASO EBI which was sold 3k, and also paid 2k for the transport which was deducted from my salary.
On the wedding day, we left Ekiti around 8am and got to Akure around 10:20am, the lady welcomed us and directed us to the church venue,the program has not started when we got to the church, they are still waiting for the groom to arrive, the groom set in around after 11, and the program lasted for about 4hrs, throughout the program the pastor was just seeking for donation to build his church, the floor of the church has not been plastered likewise the buglary and Windows, the pastor was just looking for a way to empty our pocket by seeking for donation.

What surprise me most was that when it was time for the couples to receive their wedding ring, they spent about 25minute before the groom showed up, I saw people running after the man as he was looking for a way escape , immediately when the program, we expected the woman to bring our food, I was shocked when the woman said our food is still on fire, they are just preparing our food around 3:00pm, I was boiling with anger, what kind of thing is this? I only took bread and beans in before leaving the house, there is no way of feeding us.

I felt pity for the nursing among us, their kids has been exhausted and now looking like hungry lion, I don't have money on me again, I spent the last penny in paying offering.., I felt like crying that moment, but had to hold myself, I have wasted my time all the way from Ekiti..

Typing.........
Just because the food wasn't ready on time, you tagged the wedding "fake". Hungry man's mentality, you probably didn't give the couple any gift.

Stop attending wedding, birthday etc with the entitle mentality of taking your lunch there. Always eat before going out and have enough money on you to take care of yourself.

Food serves in such occasion is a privilege just to honor your presence and entertain you for keeping you for long. It's not mandatory

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by oliverwrites: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

I hope you're not a teacher teaching people's innocent children, with the bullshit you wrote up there

It'll be very disappointing if you are a teacher and don't know where to put a ''full stop'' or a ''comma' in a sentence.

Please note that sentences end with ''full stops/periods'', and not ''commas''.
Exactly my thought
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by ImoleNaija: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2022
Stargurl20:
No dey put mind for party food

Abi ooo. I dey always chop belleful before leaving home.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by SimeonOTC(m): 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2022
sharpwriter:

Hahahahahahaha..... Nnkan ń bẹ ó.. Both the lady and the guy dey mad. You no even thank God say you chop beans and bread comot house, if not you go see wheen. cheesy cheesy

guy i take God beg you, NO USE LAUGH KILL ABEGGGgringringrin

2 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by ken045501: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2022
So all these things you write is because they said food is on fire . Mtcheww
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by FuckDModz: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2022
grin

Another dumb Ekiti woman.

Shey wedding na bukka hut?

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by harmargedon: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:

at least you can add Ondo State to list of States that you have visited

2 Likes

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by texannaija: 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2022
H0didon:
As long as i am in Nigeria, nothing suprises me again...

As our Ancestors would say " If you no wise for 9ja, you no fit wise for anywhere".

Same here. If you are a Nigerian and you never dey used to that “watchword” then you are sleeping on a bicycle….
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by funmise007(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2022
I trust d kind team I move with to events weddings...if naa this kind wedding we go don know tey tey d kind person we wan go follow do party arrange for ourselves...and if the wedding to dull we don bounce comot go enjoy awa self or go home jeje find better or different thing to do
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by mignone(f): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2022
Positiveme2020:
I don't expect to eat at parties,I grace the occasion and leave early.
Esp burials.
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:
One of our colleagues at work invited all members of staff to her sisters wedding in Akure..

The whole staff bought the ASO EBI which was sold 3k, and also paid 2k for the transport which was deducted from my salary.
On the wedding day, we left Ekiti around 8am and got to Akure around 10:20am, the lady welcomed us and directed us to the church venue,the program has not started when we got to the church, they are still waiting for the groom to arrive, the groom set in around after 11, and the program lasted for about 4hrs, throughout the program the pastor was just seeking for donation to build his church, the floor of the church has not been plastered likewise the buglary and Windows, the pastor was just looking for a way to empty our pocket by seeking for donation.

What surprise me most was that when it was time for the couples to receive their wedding ring, they spent about 25minute before the groom showed up, I saw people running after the man as he was looking for a way escape , immediately when the program, we expected the woman to bring our food, I was shocked when the woman said our food is still on fire, they are just preparing our food around 3:00pm, I was boiling with anger, what kind of thing is this? I only took bread and beans in before leaving the house, there is no way of feeding us.

I felt pity for the nursing among us, their kids has been exhausted and now looking like hungry lion, I don't have money on me again, I spent the last penny in paying offering.., I felt like crying that moment, but had to hold myself, I have wasted my time all the way from Ekiti..

Typing.........
Op I blame you for your predicament, me? When I don stay 1h 30m, I don find my escape root, and I dey plan how much I go give for church, if na #50, no Yahoo pastor can make it #51
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by fineboynl(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
The topic is misleading and it's not what I was expecting.

From the expression. It looks like you are the only one complaining. That means you put mind for the food.

Any body that goes to party for the food will also has something to say like this.

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Arizoner: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2022
sisisioge:
Nothing as saddening as morons throwing parties they could not afford! It is usually stressful for the stakeholders who invested time, money, emotions and other resources in them. Imagine buying aso ebi and even transporting oneself across boarders only to have the experience you had especially with the risk on the highways nowadays. Chai! Accept my sympathy...no let next time happen biko.
when are we getting married? I want to deposit my seed in your vagina
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by ikpumbe(m): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2022
omolola100:

Typing.........

Kpele

How are you doing now
Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by Ekpekus(m): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
chii8:
Lolzzz..... before I go any party I must chop Wella for house. grin
Facts!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Fake Wedding I Attended Last. Week(my Experience) by SecretReporter(f): 1:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
Mindlog:
"It was later we got to know that the husband was forced to do the wedding, none of his family members came to the wedding"....I doubt that marriage lasting long
marriage measuring tape, weldone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Marries 40-Year-Old Woman (Photos) / Nwanta Anayoeze Sprays Money From A Briefcase At Wedding Event. Photos / Groom Stands On A Groomsman To Kiss Bride (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.