Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? (7623 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / Naija Girls Says Nothing Wrong In Having More Than one Boyfriend... SHOCKING!!! / Do You Regret Ever Dating Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by MeGaStReEt: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2011
Yes! go outside and look for your own
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by MrsChima(f): 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2011
Nayah:

Mrs Chima you might be right but you have to pointed out that the guy who will leave his GF for her best friend is also a fool wink

In this case, we are talking about EXES.  If the girls were friends while she were going through her sorrows with her man and AFTER THE BREAK UP the friend swoops in and presents herself WERE NEVER HER FRIEND in the first place.  

Why would you continue be friends with someone that is dating someone that causes you sorrow regardless if it is mutual or not?  Breakups is never easy nor fun as my friend I would expect you to understand and help me through it not bleep the man I am grieving over.  

Now you see my point?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by drlawng(m): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2011
Too close for comfort. But then again never say never. There are too many intangibles to consider. One size doesn't fit all. I will say it depends.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Cuddlemii: 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2011
@op

I hate people using God as a yardstick for non sense. You could have written your story without referencing God. If you had God, you don't need Doyin or Bose, your friends ex to find love.

Go and get your own copy. God has given you authority to match on snakes and scorpions so you should be courageous enough to approach another spirit filled sister.

If you end up dating Doyin then you are not better than Femi only that your own wrapper has god wax written on the fabric, what a deception.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Nayah(f): 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2011
Yes Mrs Chima got it wink
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by espn(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2011
@poster you should follow your mind, but remember what goes around comes around, would you accept the same thing, if yes its a free world, and am quiet sure you have been hoping to date dis lady in ? for a long time, you just using dis opportunity to get what you have always desired all along, but be just and fair in whatever you do, make your decision yourself, cos no one would be there when the table turns around, mind you it might be your best friend and your fiancee, that's just the truth, it hurts.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by hackney(m): 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2011
It can be very awkward.

I was once in such a situation where a good friend's ex even wanted a child.
My friend had relocated to somewhere in europe and the fine chick was kind of lonely .
It felt awkward in all kind of ways: i couldnt hang with her alone anymore,Couldn't bear to sleep with her and wasnt sure
what to say to her when she called.

she was clear that she just wanted to have a child.
I explained that i couldn't bear to know that my child was somewhere growing up but she didnt see it that way at all.
Some countries have very lax family values.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by geolabious(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2011
Thanks you all i really appreciate it

Femi ma friend,  i dont really think he will be angry like that
cos he has so many moneylovers, 

Nairaland should be my first place to share this ,  than sharing it among
ma college mates who nearly push me to d wall

Eva since ma first gf betrayd me i actually replace her with ma g.p
and am actually seeing wondas,  though i still think of her but not like b4
She left sometimes arnd August upto a year nawh but i stil think of her
and pretend not to be, by not calling her,

Doyin changed the story be diverting the feelings
I started having feelings for her since the day i saw her on d RCF podium takin d bible study
Uhmm to be candid its rare seein a girl lik dat in ma school UNAAB

All i need is some1 who wil replace ma 4ma gf

I will appreciate if u guys can teachme how erase all this feelings of a thing

If i count the nos of times i thinks of ma 4ma gf it would hav form Local Gov. Area
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by swaggerboi2011: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2011
dont see anything wrong but i guarantee you that you will regret it later,, as long as you dont have a short time in school, dating a girl in same department with you is just setting up a disaster,,i recently had a case like this before but it went good when we agreed on just being friends, even when we already made the mistake of intimacy and i really regreted going that far up till now,
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by tunpiker: 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2011
oga ge oju 'mbe ki se erue shocked plenty girl dey 4 campus y ur frnd ex? he will neva bliv u dnt av her while they were dating bro let d sleaping dog lay n keep ur frnd tongue
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by tunpiker: 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2011
oga ge oju 'mbe ki se erue shocked plenty girl dey 4 campus y ur frnd ex? he will neva bliv u dnt av her while they were dating bro let d sleaping dog lay n keep ur frnd tongue
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Natasha2(f): 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2011
yep actually everything is wrong  cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by medjai(m): 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2011
Another 'ex' case. With all these endless 'ex' stories, maybe it's time we had an 'ex' board.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by ceasyc(f): 4:02am On Jul 29, 2011
@TOPIC- yup, thats just so bloody WRONG!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Nobody: 4:11am On Jul 29, 2011
Ewww
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Roland17(m): 4:24am On Jul 29, 2011
@geolabious

You are bold enough to refer to Femi as your best friend!!! yet u go in public to paint him black becos of lapses u also have? if he was ur casual friend i would certainly not have a problem with that. am not even bothered that u want his girl, but must u smear him in public to achieve your goal? what does friendship mean to u? u should be ashamed of yourself, Green snake under the Green Grass. i know them very well, i can smell them from a distance, and guess wat, i strike them on the head before the take another breath,
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 29, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I can see somebody desperate.   lipsrsealed

Ladies!  Pay attention! 

This is the reason why you don't tell your GIRLS everything or anything about your MAN.  Because SOME of them would take your man with the quickness soon as they see sorrow on your behalf they are plotting to take your man. 

I am not saying all but ALL FRIENDS aren't good friends.  Remember that.  Keep your good and real friends closer and push the bitches out.

Mz. Darkskin said it best: "Trust no nigga and fear no bitches".

wink wink cool cool cool cool
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by aquita(m): 7:35am On Jul 29, 2011
@ poster, if you love her, go for her.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Concept(m): 9:12am On Jul 29, 2011
No be today the feeling start, U don dey eye the babe before katakata burst between dem sef, take your eye comot. open your eyes wide many ladies out there with qualities that surpass hers. Try to live without stigma.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by geolabious(m): 9:36am On Jul 29, 2011
Concept:

No be today the feeling start, U don dey eye the babe before katakata burst between dem sef, take your eye comot. open your eyes wide many ladies out there with qualities that surpass hers. Try to live without stigma.

Hahahaha the feelings started when she left him
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by DaDoctor: 9:42am On Jul 29, 2011
@ OP, FROM ELDERS POINT OF VIEW U HAD BEEN EYEING THAT SAME GAL!
HOPE U ARE NOT THE CAUSE OF THEIR BREAK UP? GUYS CAN BE FUNNY YOU KNOW.
THEY CAN EXPOSE A PALLY JUST TO GET HIS CHIC.

**Just my tots oh!!!***
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by geolabious(m): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2011
Roland17:

@geolabious

You are bold enough to refer to Femi as your best friend!!! yet u go in public to paint him black becos of lapses u also have? if he was your casual friend i would certainly not have a problem with that. am not even bothered that u want his girl, but must u smear him in public to achieve your goal? what does friendship mean to u? u should be ashamed of yourself,  Green snake under the Green Grass. i know them very well, i can smell them from a distance,  and guess wat, i strike them on the head before the take another breath,

Hahah baa FEMI not his real name, And i didnt come here to publicizes him
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by geolabious(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2011
Da Doctor:

@ OP, FROM ELDERS POINT OF VIEW U HAD BEEN EYEING THAT SAME GAL!
HOPE U ARE NOT THE CAUSE OF THEIR BREAK UP? GUYS CAN BE FUNNY YOU KNOW.
THEY CAN EXPOSE A PALLY JUST TO GET HIS CHIC.

**Just my tots oh!!!***

Hahaha Doctor Honestly speaking i just like her but the breakup brought the feelings dat all

Lets think of it habaaa ma friends gf its absurd and disgusting
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by DaDoctor: 10:16am On Jul 29, 2011
geolabious:

Hahaha Doctor Honestly speaking[color=#990000][s] i just like her but the breakup brought the feelings dat all[/s]Lets think of it habaaa ma friends gf its absurd and disgusting [/color]

Yes i get u clearly. You were really praying and hoping it happened some day and it has happened rite?

MENNNNNNNNN!!!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by mckane1: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2011
[color=#000099]If u say he is your best frnd, then i think u need his aproval. I.e, u shouldnt start behind him. Talk 2 him make him understnd your feelns nd plans 4 d relatnshp nd if he is truly your frnd, he wil oblige u if he doesnt ve intrest in d said girl anymore. Bt if he refuse, out of selfishnes, follow your heart bro. Bt mind u, jst make sure d girl is worth it nt jst in apearance bt in d inside. So that 2moro, u can b proud of your decision even tho it cost u a friend.[/color], I agree with this talk
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by geolabious(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2011
Da Doctor:

Yes i get u clearly. You were really praying and hoping it happened some day and it has happened rite?

MENNNNNNNNN!!!

And u call that a prayer, well am not such
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Osas006: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2011
Get a girlfriend and loose a friend is ur choice nd if he's still friend with U Watch out!! He might ave other bad intentions
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by stainny: 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
why would you do that? that means you have been eyeing the man/woman. well i agree with Mrs. Chima
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by MrsChima(f): 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
Of course. cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2011
Answer:: Yes

Reason:: It leaves the opinion that they had been shagging each other way before d'break-up
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Best Friend’s Ex? by donn1: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
yes, it is wrong. unless he is not your best friend. if you know the guy from a distance, go ahead.but if he is your main guy, you will be left wondering if he bleeps her better than you, if his dick is bigger than yours etc. bottomline, paranoia and hell for you.

also, you will be left with the stigma of dating  your best friend's ''sloppy seconds''.think about it.
Don't bring that God this, God that into it to justify your actions.

Someone said "all is fair in love and war".true though. also, sun tzu said "He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight".

clearly, this is the one you shouldn't get into. find another girl and  preserve your friendship and you will be alright,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inspired By True Life Story: Love And Fail BY STEPSGUIDE / Sleeping With A Married Woman Or Sleeping With A Cousin? / 5 Signs You’re Not The Only One She’s Sleeping With.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.