Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,629 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This (530 Views)

What Was The Hardest Language You've Learnt / Help: MS Excel / 6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2022
Am an aspiring data analyst still learning SQL though i plan on learning excel soon.i was bored yesterday so i decided to look into what was hard about excel and i have this flyer for a school waec performance.after 2 hrs,i was able to come up with this little graph.
what do you guys think about someone who neva learnt excel?

Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by digitite: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2022
Very cool. I will advice you to learn excel extensively and all its syntaxes.

A lot of companies applications / softwares still prefer's to use Excel format.
Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by airsaylongcome: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2022
digitite:
Very cool. I will advice you to learn excel extensively and all its syntaxes.

A lot of companies applications / softwares still prefer's to use Excel format.

Excel, Google Sheets and O365

1 Like

Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by GreatAchiever1: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
That's good.
Like you, I'm also an aspiring data analyst and currently learning excel before fully going into SQL.

If you now start learning excel seriously, you will achieve great things if you could pull this off with no prior knowledge of excel.
Keep it up.
Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by digitite: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Excel, Google Sheets and O365

There are lots of Datasets in Excel. Be a professional in one first.
Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2022
What u did, is it correct tho?

grin
Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by airsaylongcome: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2022
digitite:

There are lots of Datasets in Excel. Be a professional in one first.

Totally agree. But a lot of businesses a moving away from Desktop Excel to Cloud Excel. I spent 15 mins trying to craft a very nifty INDEX/MATCH function this week. A colleague hammered out a solution in 2 mins using FILTER. Learn Excel yes, but stay abreast of the very current trends. I was feeling like a Jackie Chan using INDEX/MATCH only to be told that there’s now XLOOKUP that can LOOKUP forward and backwards
Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by digitite: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Totally agree. But a lot of businesses a moving away from Desktop Excel to Cloud Excel. I spent 15 mins trying to craft a very nifty INDEX/MATCH function this week. A colleague hammered out a solution in 2 mins using FILTER. Learn Excel yes, but stay abreast of the very current trends. I was feeling like a Jackie Chan using INDEX/MATCH only to be told that there’s now XLOOKUP that can LOOKUP forward and backwards

Very cool. The moment you progress to Python, R and SQL, you will work on realtime solution and Excel would seem absolete to you. And you will come to regret why you wasted your time learning it. Just that it gives you a solid foundation.
Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by airsaylongcome: 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
digitite:

Very cool. The moment you progress to Python, R and SQL, you will work on realtime solution and Excel would seem absolete to you. And you will come to regret why you wasted your time learning it. Just that it gives you a solid foundation.

R and SQL did those in 2014. My recent work with Excel was really a low level effort to pump data into a DB. Logistics talk, how far?
Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by airsaylongcome: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
What u did, is it correct tho?

grin

Yeah, the pie chart is not very intelligible. What does English Language 11% mean?
Re: Never Learnt Ms.excel Before And I Did This by digitite: 9:27am On Jul 12, 2022
airsaylongcome:

R and SQL did those in 2014. My recent work with Excel was really a low level effort to pump data into a DB. Logistics talk, how far?

Learn Python too. Because it can be applied to the web, so that when a project comes up, you can be vetted for the team.

My Datasets for analysis are ( Mobile Money ); Logistics ( Air, Sea, Land and Rail Freight ).... Work on a prototype on a light file or URL.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Whatsapp Group / Robot Development And Automation VS Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning / Check Out My Plexox Picture App Made With React JS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.