Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard (66690 Views)

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate / Labour Party To Unveil Baba-Ahmed As Obi’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Umar Ganduje Might Be Tinubu's Running Mate (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by deltaprincess(f): 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Grade A' Olodo calling another person Olodo?

Wetin Jason nor go see for Nairaland... grin

You will be reminded when Tinubu wins the election. Enough said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by deltaprincess(f): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
Nilon:
you are a useless woman

It is your mother and your sisters that are useless!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by buckeyemedia: 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2022
olas24u:

So I have to tell you why you see a lot of them there ?it's because of the structural adjustment programme of IBB regime,that is why you see them.they left during the period.
Like I told you previously your knowledge is quite limited.

Go & read the memoirs of Olaudah Equiano known for most of his life as Gustavus Vassa was a writer and abolitionist according to his memoir, from the Eboe (Igbo) region of the Kingdom of Benin (today southern Nigeria).

Enslaved as a child in Africa, he was taken to the Caribbean and sold as a slave to a Royal Navy officer. He was sold twice more but purchased his freedom in 1766.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Perfectnumber6(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/breaking-shettima-confirmed-as-tinubus-running-mate/

These Apc are banking on Rigging the 2023 elections.. But e go shock una if Apc wins then the end of Nigeria ... Write it down .
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by PlayMaker14: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2022
deltaprincess:

You will be reminded when Tinubu wins the election. Enough said.
Omoté, nor dey deceive yourself...

You wan dey live life go back?

Tinubu mean backwardness.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by idsamoo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
tonididdy:

...is that enough justification for a ruling party to pick a one-sided ticket?
You have no idea the balance osibbanjo as VP created between the Christian and Muslims? Do you ?
Christians are persecuted on a daily in the North even with a Christian as VP, let alone when there is no representation at the top !
Anyway you are obviously a Muslim, why should I make you see reasons to anything undecided

Am a Christian bro,my point is all these am a Christian politician in nigeria make no difference ,they are all deceiving us .Osinbajo a pastor for that matter will only be seen among the poor during election period because he needs their votes,after elections you will not hear anything from him again.I am no supporter of any of them,be it apc pdp,Muslim Muslim or whatever..I have given up in this country I swear down.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by olas24u(f): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Go & read the memoirs of Olaudah Equiano known for most of his life as Gustavus Vassa was a writer and abolitionist according to his memoir, from the Eboe (Igbo) region of the Kingdom of Benin (today southern Nigeria).

Enslaved as a child in Africa, he was taken to the Caribbean and sold as a slave to a Royal Navy officer. He was sold twice more but purchased his freedom in 1766.

Maybe you want me to lecture you
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by idsamoo(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
Truthisunique2:
what is different in tinubu that he has to offer you which he hasn't through buhari

What is their tinubu have to offer you when he want to continue from buhari shoe

What incompetence does tinubu have for a sick frail old man that is career politician

You lots are really clever by half, if it's a radical shift from the normal Carrier politicians we can negotiate this double religious ticket

Not when a dieing tinubu that have nothing to offer is who you Campaigning for
Am not a supporter of any politician..I have given up in this country bro.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by deltaprincess(f): 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Omoté, nor dey deceive yourself...

You wan dey live life go back?

Tinubu mean backwardness.

If backwardness is what you use to measure Lagos, which is today the 4th largest economy in Africa and a model of progressive governance initiated by Tinubu, then I’d rather be backward than what Anambra is today.

Tinubu governed Lagos, he established a blue print of continuous growth and development which several successions use as yardstick.

Now compare Lagos to Anambra and tell me which state is actually backward. Even though Anambra is an oil producing state.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by PlayMaker14: 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
deltaprincess:

If backwardness is what you use to measure Lagos, which is today the 4th largest economy in Africa and a model of progressive governance initiated by Tinubu, then I’d rather be backward than what Anambra is today.

Tinubu governed Lagos, he established a blue print of continuous growth and development which several successions use as yardstick.

Now compare Lagos to Anambra and tell me which state is actually backward. Even though Anambra is an oil producing state.
At the bolded....

You're indeed a confirm circus clown.

Just read the truckload of bullshit you typed.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Sarsaproko: 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
post=114597091:

Go and check last presidential result

Apc won. Even with Buhari's incompetence..
Now the landlord of Lagos is contesting. He is definitely going to win lagos state..
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Sarsaproko: 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
Iykolysis:

because Lagos has heavy Igbo population

Tinubu can not lose in Lagos. It's impossible..
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by flamingREED(m): 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
Samunique:

Like how ?

To punish Nigeria again ?

I am not sure what 2023 would bring.
However I'm sure that christians would revolt if Tinubu triumphs.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Drating1: 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
another1:

And Tinubu and his chosen vp will improve Nigeria?
I cant answer that but we should just give them a try
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by another1: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
Drating1:
I cant answer that but we should just give them a try
My brother you free to vote whoever that pleases.
Me I knew who I'm voting.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by plaindealer: 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
To start with, the competition is going to be between labor and PDP, the elements in both parties are all PDP.

Obviously, their divided and diluted vote means easy victory for the apc across the board, even without this calculation, Atiku can not win anything and Obi is in even more narrow and precarious situation for obvious reasons apart from the fact that he's inconsequential..

That being said, Tinubu's VP choice is madterstroke, not that I expect Atiku and Obi’s people to see how this decision just crushed their chances, but they will get the message as time goes on..
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Omodua(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
seunmsg:
Congratulations to Senator Ibrahim Shettima. Looking at the level of loyalty and commitment he showed to Tinubu during the primary election, I’m not surprised at his nomination. He’s an excellent administrator and a loyal party man. He will make a good Vice President. With this, Tinubu’s presidency is a done deal.

With his nomination, APC should win Borno, Yobe and Gombe clearly. The party should also come second in Adamawa and with LP gaining momentum in Plateau and Taraba (two traditional PDP states), APC should win North East slightly over Atiku.

You always amaze me with your slurred analysis.

In your pilloried mind, Tinubu will win Presidential elections, come 2023,abi?

You're carrying your joke too far. You will be shocked by 12noon on election day, Atiku has already cruised to victory.

Muslim/Muslim ticket by APC has made it easier for Atiku.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Omodua(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
seunmsg:
Congratulations to Senator Ibrahim Shettima. Looking at the level of loyalty and commitment he showed to Tinubu during the primary election, I’m not surprised at his nomination. He’s an excellent administrator and a loyal party man. He will make a good Vice President. With this, Tinubu’s presidency is a done deal.

With his nomination, APC should win Borno, Yobe and Gombe clearly. The party should also come second in Adamawa and with LP gaining momentum in Plateau and Taraba (two traditional PDP states), APC should win North East slightly over Atiku.

You're carrying your joke too far. You will be shocked by 12noon on election day, Atiku has already cruised to victory.

Thank you Tinubu for the gaffe.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2022
What are the fate of Christians in Nigeria? This ought not to be so Muslim-Muslim ticket not a good agenda.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by olas24u(f): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2022
buckeyemedia:

Centuries by angelfallz(m): 8:33am On Jul 22, 2021
Dear Nonny,
Itsekiris and the Binis had Igbo slaves for centuries before British colonialism. After the British banned slavery, we were forced to set them free. Some of them returned to Igbo land, others remained with us and gradually formed a new language called ******* (an Itsekiri word which we used to call them while they were our slaves). There are about 200,000 ******* still with us.
(I will not reveal the name of this tribe called *******, because I do not want to offend them, but they are in Delta state)
If they speak, an Igbo person will understand some of what they say, while Itsekiris, Binis and even European Portuguese people will understand them too. Those of them who chose to return to Igbo land have Igbo names that sound like Itsekiri or Benin names, for example Iweka, and many names beginning with Oba or Iken.
That is how some of our names and also Benin names went into the Igbo lexicon.
We have century old carvings in Ode Itsekiri and Benin depicting Igbo slaves, which we sold to the Portuguese via our ancient pre colonial port called Ogidigben. The grandfather of the present Oba of Benin showed some of these carvings to the world famous British anthropologist, Sir David Attenborough in 1973. The video is on YouTube. When you see the carving, even you will have no doubt that the person is Igbo.
Because of the sheer number of Igbo slaves we sold at Ogidigben, the Portuguese named the town Escravos, which means slave in Portuguese. Till today, many people still call Ogidigben Escravos.
We also sold slaves in another town called Burutu, which the Portuguese renamed Forcados (meaning forced labourer, which is a nicer way of saying slaves).
Obviously, I am not too proud of this history. I wish it never happened. History is not always pleasant. I am only revealing it to you because you are getting the wrong idea of linkages between our two peoples.

https://www.facebook.com/111647580740689/posts/312326730672772/

Reno's explanation on how the Igbos came to be slaves of the Bini and Itsekiri
https://www.facebook.com/111647580740689/posts/3
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2022
buckeyemedia:
It seems you are new to politics? Bola Tinubu wrote what, Which master plan?

Master plan that helped him acquire a private jet, or can one afford a private jet with Mobil Oil & Lagos State pension?

I was born in Ikoyi & grew up in Victoria Island Lagos State, not everyone is hypnotized by all these Bola Tinubu Nonsense.

Lagos was extremely prosperous before Tinubu came to power in 1999, & extremely prosperous after he left power in 2007, & will still continue to prosper.

I believed they wrote this story for you.
I have been monitoring your comments on this topic and felt there is no need for me to educate or correct you because based on your antecedents I would be wasting my time.

In few minutes time, I will come back to you. You spoke about Awolowo selfishness on Akintola, you spoke about Tinubu's becoming president without Ndigbo's support and few other jargons .

You are doing this because of your primitive selfishness based on your crude uncivilized intention of imposing your consensus candidate which failed. You can do well by educating me on how Buhari became President when he was rejected by the IBOS.

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by toplinetrtrend: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2022
seunmsg:

I’m not even a Muslim to start with. If you’ve followed this handle for sometime, you should know by now that I don’t give a fvck about religion.

But you give a fvck about tribal bigotry?

So, how do you differ from a religion bigot?
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by deltaprincess(f): 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
PlayMaker14:
At the bolded....

You're indeed a confirm circus clown.

Just read the truckload of bullshit you typed.

I don’t expect someone with your cerebral threshold to understand such statements. My apologies!!
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
Omodua:

Thank you Tinubu for the gaffe.

Firstly, you never wish Tinubu well. Secondly, you know your Peter Obi can never win Presidential election.

Your only wish is that Tinubu should not rule over you. Your main prayer is that Tinubu should not be allowed to contest election, while your second prayer is for Atiku to win.

As a trained intelligent analyst, you only have one wish, which has been your wish from time immemorial from MKO Abiola, Obasanjo and now Tinubu and that wish is for Yoruba never to rule over you.

Also, you don't want cordial relationship between the Core North and South West.

The North knows the IBOS hate the Yorubas and have always antagonized the Yorubas . The IBOs antagonized Abiola and Obj. Again, the North does not want power to come South and they know the IBO will not be acceptable to the North. Atiku and Northern power brokers know peter obi supporters are mainly IBOs and he cannot win. What the IBOS want is for Tinubu not to rule over them. They know IBOS are not after presidency but after an individual. This is very pathetic

1 Like

Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
Strikethem:
Lol, My father is from Oda town, Akure south, a royal family of Akosile.

My mother is from Akure north Isinigbo.

You see you are not more yoruba than I do.

They do not have patient for opposing views.

I humbly asked simple questions, you couldn't provide an answer.

You must be an Aboki cos a correct yoruba man won't deviate from the point of discussion.

If you can't provide answer to those questions, them let us end the conversation.

I'm from Ikere Ekiti where we say it just the way it is. God forbid that I should leave my own and support an Igbo. Your premise made no sense. If I were not Yoruba would I be defending Tinubu's candidacy the way I've been doing sine the beginning of this discussion? You are entitled to your choice of Peter Obi just I'm entitled to mine. There shouldn't be any bad blood in that. If as an Akure man you want to support an Igbo, that should be the least of anyone's problems. I'm not answering you again after this.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by tonididdy(m): 10:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
idsamoo:

Am a Christian bro,my point is all these am a Christian politician in nigeria make no difference ,they are all deceiving us .Osinbajo a pastor for that matter will only be seen among the poor during election period because he needs their votes,after elections you will not hear anything from him again.I am no supporter of any of them,be it apc pdp,Muslim Muslim or whatever..I have given up in this country I swear down.
You are not a Christian.
You maybe from a Christian home but you have long deviated from your upbringing.
Otherwise....u won't say any of those gibberish you wrote
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by effido666: 10:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
I think u are the only one seeing me like God which is not normal shocked
olumide4christ:

Have you become God or taken over God's position to make this judgement?
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by idsamoo(m): 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
tonididdy:

You are not a Christian.
You maybe from a Christian home but you have long deviated from your upbringing.
Otherwise....u won't say any of those gibberish you wrote

You that has not deviated I can really see the true reflection of christ in your way of life by writing trash ,we know your type,ye hypocrite .
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by UltiMax(m): 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
I don't know if it is poverty mentality or pure tribalism.
How can the so called leaders of tomorrow, full-blooded youths that are considered smart, intelligent and enlightened be clamouring and campaigning vigorously for shaky/sick grandpas to rule over them. Sometimes you should think they are cursed.

Cursed with bad and inefficient rulers.
This is exactly the same way they presented Buhari to us, and this is the result- poor performances in all spheres of the economy.
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by Goldenkrezi: 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
olas24u:

Today I won an obi supporter and he will support tinubu ,after he got facts .

Bruh I don't give a bloody fvck!
Re: Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard by JeffRock: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
God ain't sleeping bro.
Allahisarapist:
All Christians in Nigeria lets stand up now and stop what is about to befall Christians if we allow Apc to win.
I think we all have heard the news about what is happening in southern Kaduna
What impetus, that a ruling power has to relegate the Christians from the scheme of things.
Ask yourself is Nigeria a Muslim country?
As a true yoruba Christian I and my family are obediently yusuful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Chicago State University Reconfirms Tinubu's Certificate / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up / President Kagame Blocks A Nigerian On Twitter For Proposing To His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.