Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! (3479 Views)

Breaking News!!! See The State With The Longest Coastlines With The Oceans!!! / Breaking News!!! See The Three Tribes That Make Up Rivers State!!! / See The 10 Largest Tribes In Nigeria!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by paramakina202: 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
Graysons:
Oga bring evidence of how majority of Okrikans speak igbos. There are Okrikans on this forum and I will confirm from them.

I said many if not majority speaks Igbo language in Okrika,read and comprehend.
I am not sure of majority but I know for certain many Okrikians speaks and understand the language.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Graysons: 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2022
paramakina202:

I am not sure of majority but I know for certain many Okrikians speaks and understand the language.
where is your evidence?
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by paramakina202: 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
Graysons:
where is your evidence?

Well a little search will give you plent results like this.

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Graysons: 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2022
paramakina202:

Well a little search will give you plent results like this.
This is not enough, Wikipedia can be edited. If you want, I can you show screen shot of Okrika people language before it was edit by your Igbo brothers. I can even mention you on that thread
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by paramakina202: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2022
Graysons:
This is not enough, Wikipedia can be edited. If you want, I can you show screen shot of Okrika people language before it was edit by your Igbo brothers. I can even mention you on that thread

Then don't be lazy and do your own independent research you will certainly get same result.
You Ijaws like to deny anything Igbo in Rivers state and Niger Delta in general even when it is obvious like a write watch.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Graysons: 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
paramakina202:

Then don't be lazy and do your own independent research you will certainly get same result.
You Ijaws like to deny anything Igbo in Rivers state and Niger Delta in general even when it is obvious like a write watch.
See the screenshot here.
Noted it was originally post by worworboy,in 2021, before you igbos went and edit it. Bring real evidence of Okrikan people speaking Igbo not some edited Wikipedia.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by paramakina202: 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
Graysons:
See the screenshot here.
Noted it was originally post by worworboy,in 2021, before you igbos went and edit it. Bring real evidence of Okrikan people speaking Igbo not some edited Wikipedia.

You are funny.You should have said I was the one that edited it.
Maybe I was the one that taught Patience Jonathan how to speak Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Graysons: 12:40am On Jul 12, 2022
paramakina202:

You are funny.You should have said I was the one that edited it.
Maybe I was the one that taught Patience Jonathan how to speak Igbo.
Oga it was edited,now go and bing me evidence of Okrika people speaking Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by paramakina202: 12:56am On Jul 12, 2022
Graysons:

Is it you that edited it?
Your only proof is also a screenshot from same Google search.
Go and ask Patient Jonathan how she learn Igbo language there are many of them.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Graysons: 1:41am On Jul 12, 2022
paramakina202:

Is it you that edited it?
Your only proof is also a screenshot from same Google search.
Go and ask Patient Jonathan how she learn Igbo language there are many of them.
Are you blind? Can't you see my screen shot? Mr man I lived in port Harcourt, i see Okrika people everyday I know the language of Okrika people and it's sounds nothing like Igbo,they don't even bear Igbo names,no trace of anything Igbo can be found in them,but you igbos went and edit their language on Wikipedia just to suit your narrative,that is desperation taken too far.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by ThankGodFriday(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2022
Graysons:
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by coputa(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
@666 Advocate If the ijaws are granted their own republic,where will be your capital and also how are you people going to include your kinsmen who are indigenous to other states,are they going to vacate their ancestral land to join the new republic.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by chrisxxx(m): 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
paramakina202:

You mentioned Wike,what about Chibuike Amaechi,Uche Okwukwu,Julius Agwu,Doncan Mighty etc...who are Ikwerre and proud Igbos?
A great percentage of so called Ijaw population is made of people of Igbo origin from King Jaja of Opobo to Tam David West to Asari Dokubo. most of occupants of Okrika and so on are of Igbo origin go history books and verify.Ijaw is a fake ethnic group period.
Stop these lies. The only person who is actually an outcast and an opportunist who claims to be Igbo is Uche Okwukwu. Amaechi has said severally he is Ikwerre man and not Igbo. Duncan Mighty said the same. Keep your Igbo to yourself. Do you know why Ikwerre man will be the last to accept to being Igbo? Ikwerre people call anyone who does not know culture as Igbo(Isuama). For this reason it is easier to use spoon to empty the Atlantic than for an Ikwerre man to claim he is Igbo.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by chrisxxx(m): 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
paramakina202:

Before the war Igbo Language was compulsorily taught in the schools. This made it the common language of the region. Not only in Ogoni but other Niger Delta areas.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by paramakina202: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
chrisxxx:

Before the war Igbo Language was compulsorily taught in the schools. This made it the common language of the region. Not only in Ogoni but other Niger Delta areas.

That is not true,Igbo language was only taught in Igbo areas.Nobody taught Igbo language to Efik and Ibibio dominated areas or even in Yenagoa.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Idiko1: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
GreatBoss:
Niger Delta is owned by atleast 30 tribes.
The Ijaws control this Region.
Times without number different groups have cried out that Ijaw Marginalize and lord it over all Niger Delta groups.

Where Ijaw occupy in the Niger Delta is as big as Igbo land and Ijaws are now tired of playing big brother roles to the Niger Delta groups hence the issue of Ijaw Republic for only Ijaws unjustly balkanized into Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States when all Ijaw areas are fully together and share perfect boundaries with each other and are not scattered by God.

The Ijaw Republic is bigger than the 51 smallest countries in the world including Israel and Rwanda.
Ethnicity Ijaw 100 percent.

These are the 10 largest tribes in the Niger Delta

1.Ijaw
2.Ibibio
3.Urhobo
4.Bini
5.Annang
6.Esan
7.Afenmai
8.Ogoni
9.Ikwerre
10.Efik

Only Cross River State have over 15 tribes.

The above post is another foolish insinuation from Ijaw.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by paramakina202: 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
[s][[s]s][s]
chrisxxx:

Stop these lies. The only person who is actually an outcast and an opportunist who claims to be Igbo is Uche Okwukwu. Amaechi has said severally he is Ikwerre man and not Igbo. Duncan Mighty said the same. Keep your Igbo to yourself. Do you know why Ikwerre man will be the last to accept to being Igbo? Ikwerre people call anyone who does not know culture as Igbo(Isuama). For this reason it is easier to use spoon to empty the Atlantic than for an Ikwerre man to claim he is Igbo.
[/s]
[/s][/s]

Bleep off!

I have no time to drag rubbish with you.Ikwerre can go to hell who cares anyway.
Stupid people feeling like they are something special.

Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by SeamT: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
4teenblaq:

Don't just come online and start spewing what you don't know. when you are refuted you run to insult.. We are even more culturally closer to ibos than Bini.
We have some Bini cultural affinities and also Igbo affinities..

The way Bini marries is not the same way Ika man marries.
Keep reading trashes from divide and rule people.
Sorry About the insult dat was my lowest. Both marriages are same. Their culture are same. Only the aniocha have same marriage system as the Igbos. That doesn’t mean they are not Igbos. Every group tends to have influence from a closer neighbor were trades happens
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by 4teenblaq: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2022
SeamT:

Sorry About the insult dat was my lowest. Both marriages are same. Their culture are same. Only the aniocha have same marriage system as the Igbos. That doesn’t mean they are not Igbos. Every group tends to have influence from a closer neighbor were trades happens

No we don't marry or do marriage like Binis.. You can make enquiries on that.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Arda1000(m): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
SeamT:

don’t be silly!
Culturally,musically,traditionally physically and linguistically they ain’t no difference between Igbos in South South and their kinsmen in South East,(both live in the same geographic location)share same border,eat the same kind of food,and I have had the opportunity to to go to different places in the so called Niger Delta,since am kind of a person that looks to observe,I have observed (Onitsha people are the same with most of their kinsmen in Anioma/Asaba/Ibuzor/Ngwa people are the same with Obigbo people/Egbema are the same people with,Etche/omuma )
State doesn’t change who people are,DNA,features,diets are there to support that theses people are from the same source.
State is artificial for example am from Ebonyi and my parternal (Ikwo)lineage is still Abia state,oh yea someone from My side was once a governor in Abia state(Ogbannaya Onu).
It still amazing how people like you are still dumb in this internet era(even if you are not good in the internet please kindly travel)
Up till today,there’s no difference between Owerri and ikwerre when it comes to traditional marriage dem go bill u tire but surprisingly na big achievement for an ikwerre man to marry from owerri .
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by SeamT: 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
4teenblaq:

No we don't marry or do marriage like Binis.. You can make enquiries on that.
Is there actually any significant difference between the marriage in the east and that of the south south. I’ve had d opportunities to attend different marriage from different tribes in delta state and they all follows a similar pattern. But you may be right there might be some details that eluded me.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by SeamT: 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
Arda1000:
don’t be silly!
Culturally,musically,traditionally physically and linguistically they ain’t no difference between Igbos in South South and their kinsmen in South East,(both live in the same geographic location)share same border,eat the same kind of food,and I have had the opportunity to to go to different places in the so called Niger Delta,since am kind of a person that looks to observe,I have observed (Onitsha people are the same with most of their kinsmen in Anioma/Asaba/Ibuzor/Ngwa people are the same with Obigbo people/Egbema are the same people with,Etche/omuma )
State doesn’t change who people are,DNA,features,diets are there to support that theses people are from the same source.
State is artificial for example am from Ebonyi and my parternal (Ikwo)lineage is still Abia state,oh yea someone from My side was once a governor in Abia state(Ogbannaya Onu).
It still amazing how people like you are still dumb in this internet era(even if you are not good in the internet please kindly travel)
Up till today,there’s no difference between Owerri and ikwerre when it comes to traditional marriage dem go bill u tire but surprisingly na big achievement for an ikwerre man to marry from owerri .
Stop being sentimental. Nobody is trying to steal a member of the Igbo nation. It’s normal for every subgroup within a nation to practice a different culture from the other. Even people from ebony practice a different culture from that of anambras and they are fully Igbos. So rest please, I’m just stating what their way of life is.
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Iceberg3: 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
How can urhobo be larger than Benin?
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by 4teenblaq: 3:06am On Jul 13, 2022
SeamT:

Is there actually any significant difference between the marriage in the east and that of the south south. I’ve had d opportunities to attend different marriage from different tribes in delta state and they all follows a similar pattern. But you may be right there might be some details that eluded me.

Yea
Re: Breaking News!!! See The Niger Delta 10 Largest Tribes!!! by Arda1000(m): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2022
SeamT:

Stop being sentimental. Nobody is trying to steal a member of the Igbo nation. It’s normal for every subgroup within a nation to practice a different culture from the other. Even people from ebony practice a different culture from that of anambras and they are fully Igbos. So rest please, I’m just stating what their way of life is.
ain’t sentimental about anything please kindly list one cultural difference from the bolded?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Celebrate Openly After Defeating Security Men In Imo / LP Youths After Seeing Ondo And Oyo Youth Walk For BAT / Ifeanyi Okowa Refused To Pray Like Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.