Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Share Your Unemployment Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Unemployment Experience (19383 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Kjlionz: 10:13am On Jul 19, 2022
Ezemann:
I guess those living in Lagos have an advantage over those in other states. Akwa ibom state has been the worst hit with regards to unemployment. In uyo, the only job you can do is to be a private school teacher with as low as 15k monthly. After service in 2018, I worked in a private school on a pay of 16k. It couldn't do anything. So I resigned after a year and six months. I rode keke in town for about 3 years...till I got tired. I put it aside. I want to learn a skill. Akwa is the worst. Life generally is hard.

As an Akwa Ibomite who has lived in Akwa Ibom for the most part of his life, I can relate. The opportunities available are very limited, almost nonexistent.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by tonyson010(m): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
Kola5281:
A lot has really happened to me on this unemployment wahala since i finished service last year. I initially got a job as a credit officer in a microfinance bank, omooo i won diee for that work cos i didn't know it entails me walking around the whole state just to get customers to take loan and if i didn't meet stipulated target, my salary might get delayed. 2 month into the job, i had already had to resign cos of the hazard the job posed, imagine a young guy like me harassing a 70yr old men & women cos of default, it even got to the point I had accident but God saved me shaa, naso i leave the work ooo. 5 months later after sapa nearly killed me, i got another job in a Medical Lab working as a laboratory officer, i worked there for 6 months and i had to resign this month cos the pay was small and my employer wasn't ready to increase it, imagine graduate collecting 20K monthly ooo , i enjoyed the job just that the money can't solve anything at all, i had to accept the job cos i didn't wanted to sit at home doing nothing but the pay was too small...Now I'm currently searching for job, i have a BSc in Microbiology and i don't mind working anywhere as far as the pay is okay...my Phone number is 07043010958. smiley

it is not easy.
I pray you get something very good

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by tonyson010(m): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
Gadafii:
Was working in a bank, had two supervisors who were very good to me, one even pushed me to start working on admissions outside the country, the other just took me like her son, after three years working there, I wanted out but I was scared of unemployment tho I had little saving, I didn’t know how long it would take me to get another job besides I didn’t want to work in a bank again

Then they brought a new supervisor, this woman was fucckin toxic and lack the ability to manage staff, she even at some points told me she will make sure Dey sack me, accused me of some other things, I wasn’t the only that was being treated like that.

Nobody told me before I resigned, just woke up one day and sent mail to all staff that I no work again, after I left three other staff left within a space of one month

I stayed for two months without job, but I have gone back to further education and improve my self

It hasn’t been very very easy but I am grateful I left

great decision u made by going to further Ur education and develop urself.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by tonyson010(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
ThinkWISELY:

Thanks for your concern, I major in video production/directing, not presenting, these firms are strict with specialization, but many thanks still.

send a pm
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by sageb: 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ezemann:
I guess those living in Lagos have an advantage over those in other states. Akwa ibom state has been the worst hit with regards to unemployment. In uyo, the only job you can do is to be a private school teacher with as low as 15k monthly. After service in 2018, I worked in a private school on a pay of 16k. It couldn't do anything. So I resigned after a year and six months. I rode keke in town for about 3 years...till I got tired. I put it aside. I want to learn a skill. Akwa is the worst. Life generally is hard.

Another testimony
where is that Udom hypeman called Illaumoh aka Hunchogee?
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by sageb: 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
Kjlionz:

As an Akwa Ibomite who has lived in Akwa Ibom for the most part of his life, I can relate. The opportunities available are very limited, almost nonexistent.

Another testimony
where is that Udom hypeman called Illaumoh aka hunchogee?
Always hyping politicians that have failed their people.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by oyegokee30: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
Brand Representative needed in a Fintech Company.

A client is a Pan African Fintech firm within the buy now pay later business niche.

Our client is currently looking to recruit the role of Brand Representatives within
• Yaba,
• Surulere
• Ladipo market
• Alaba international
. Victoria Island
Lagos Island
Oshodi
Ikeja

This role require that you move within the above axis and use digital equipment to map out Street owners and Vendors to get transactions done.

Qualification:
• Only SSCE or OND Candidates are needed
• Must be able to use Android phones

SALARY
The salary for this is both Basic and Commission
• Basic Salary is 35,000
• Commission is 15,000 depending of numbers of Agents that is onboarded .

If this is of interest to you, Feel free to Chat this number up on Whatsapp +234 809 225 5199

Please Do not chat is you are not interested in the above. ( this is the only role Available)
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Joseph1505(m): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
A month without a job was so stressful but by the Grace of God I started freelancing and now making it big as a Copywriter

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by tonyson010(m): 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
ThinkWISELY:

Thanks for your concern, I major in video production/directing, not presenting, these firms are strict with specialization, but many thanks still.

WhatsApp me @ 08170713679.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by shegzy0514(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
Paramilitary11:
Please as soon as you see this. Let's try something out in Jos
I'm also in jos o, and I just finished my nysc. Currently looking for job.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Babyface92: 12:10am On Jul 20, 2022
Joseph1505:
A month without a job was so stressful but by the Grace of God I started freelancing and now making it big as a Copywriter

I'm interested in this, please can you put me through? How do I get across to you?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Bionica: 1:26am On Jul 20, 2022
Kjlionz:

Are you honest?

Can you be trusted with large sums of cash on a daily basis?

Would you like to start out a fresh career as a paid intern learning new and more relevant skills?

It would require you relocating to Lagos. Decent (dormitory-like) accomodation would be provided.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Bionica: 1:36am On Jul 20, 2022
Sylove:
Hmm, have really been holding this for long but think I found a way to share it.
A friend invited my hubby so they can do business togeda that was b4 I knew him, he quit his job as a manager in betnja as of 2014 and joined the guy.
At First everything was going well only for the guy to engage in yahoo and made more money which he used for the business expansion, he started been bossy at the same time jealous of my hubby's progress in his own part of the business, to cut the long story short they broke up and since then I have tried several applications but to no avail.
He got a job 25k worked for 4 months resigned, anoda one of 50k after 3mths the company relocated, for 3 years now I have been the one taking the responsibility and it's not funny at all. Sometimes I feel like going crazy.
Imagine with my little job taking care of the family with 2 kids. Hmm I am really tired
He is a graduate, studied urban and regional planning, good in interiors and knows how to draw.
Any body led by the spirit of God should help a sister.. Make i no go die b4 my time
Where is your location please?
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Kjlionz: 10:21am On Jul 20, 2022
Bionica:

Are you honest?

Would you like to start out a fresh career as a paid intern learning new and more relevant skills?

It would require you relocating to Lagos. Decent (dormitory-like) accomodation would be provided.

I am interested in this opportunity. How can I reach You to get more details?
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Bionica: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2022
Kjlionz:

I am interested in this opportunity. How can I reach You to get more details?
Quote me on a dead thread.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Threesha(f): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
Bionica:

Are you honest?

Hire people who are honest, KIND and strong work ethics don't settle with education and experience.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Bionica: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2022
Threesha:
Hire people who are honest, KIND and strong work ethics don't settle with education and experience.

Many thanks for this input.

That's my leaning now. Many years in hiring has shown me the bottom belly of our qualifications.

If you have the fortune of hiring a level headed SSCE candidate with the right attitude You can groom him to the heavens and PAY him/her commensurately. Unfortunately, majority of our tertiary level graduates feel too entitled and as such their cup is already filled leaving no space for new learning experiences. It's a very sad and painful recognition.

Once again many thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by PastorFire: 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2022
Make your own money.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by lavylilly: 2:35am On Jul 21, 2022
QuinModah:
Contract jobs are scam....... I wouldn't say much about this.
Explain
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Moshebolatan: 6:18am On Jul 21, 2022
I'm in need of a job
Location; Ogun State

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Threesha(f): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
Moshebolatan:
I'm in need of a job
Location; Ogun State
what's your experience and qualifications
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by QuinModah(f): 3:35am On Jul 24, 2022
Emeka71:
Hello babe; please can we talk
Yes
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by flatscreen(f): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2022
Bionica:

Where is your location please?
how can someone reach u? Am in lagos
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Ujunwa02(f): 10:26am On Jul 24, 2022
[quote author=Bionica post=114901613]

Are you honest?

Please I'm interested in this, I have a B.A in International Relations. Please how can I contact you
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by flatscreen(f): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Where in lagos are you? Am in interested.
Bionica:

Are you honest?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Joseph1505(m): 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
Babyface92:

Here is my number if you are serious about it.
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Hamachi(f): 6:41am On Jul 25, 2022
flatscreen:
Where in lagos are you? Am in interested.
position filled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Vacancies @ Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) - July 2014 / I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials / Shell Recruitment Day 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.