Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Share Your Unemployment Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Unemployment Experience (19416 Views)

Secret Ways To Kill Unemployment Forever / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by IyaTola: 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2023
Fab21:
It's crazy Experience...
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Fab21: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2023
IyaTola:

5 months after NYSC, I got a job at one Microfinance in Lagos. I needed to secure an accommodation in Lagos State because of the job, but to no avail. Eventually, someone linked me to a Church where I can manage...

I started the job Jan this year but it's not easy for me coming from work and sleeping inside a church.

Lagos Mosquitoes drilled me by sucking my skin & the blood simultaneously; well, it's their work, so they're delighted in doing that.

The work was rigorous and it's target-related work. Sometimes after a stressful day at work, I don't always feel happy going home because there's no time to rest in church, always lonely. ..
Once I got to the church to rest, there's always an evening service during the week & before you know it, it's already morning again.

The team lead at work would talk to you anyhow if you're behind target. They'll Drill you emotionally and mentally to the extent that you won't even be able to think about your personal life again.

I presume my Adversity Quotient was low then. So, I quit the job after 2 months. Coming back to my base, "You look so lean" that's the voices of people welcoming me.

Since then, I've not gotten any opportunity.
The Freelancing work comes once in a while and not frequent...

A coursemate called me last night asking for financial help but I couldn't help. I wish I can..

It's crazy I must say.
If you don't have a stable income, you'll look so stupid..

I wish job seekers success..

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by IyaTola: 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
Fab21:

5 months after NYSC, I got a job at one Microfinance in Lagos. I needed to secure an accommodation in Lagos State because of the job, but to no avail. Eventually, someone linked me to a Church where I can manage...

I started the job Jan this year but it's not easy for me coming from work and sleeping inside a church.

Lagos Mosquitoes drilled me by sucking my skin & the blood simultaneously; well, it's their work, so they're delighted in doing that.

The work was rigorous and it's target-related work. Sometimes after a stressful day at work, I don't always feel happy going home because there's no time to rest in church, always lonely. ..
Once I got to the church to rest, there's always an evening service during the week & before you know it, it's already morning again.

The team lead at work would talk to you anyhow if you're behind target. They'll Drill you emotionally and mentally to the extent that you won't even be able to think about your personal life again.

I presume my Adversity Quotient was low then. So, I quit the job after 2 months. Coming back to my base, "You look so lean" that's the voices of people welcoming me.

Since then, I've not gotten any opportunity.
The Freelancing work comes once in a while and not frequent...

A coursemate called me last night asking for financial help but I couldn't help. I wish I can..

It's crazy I must say.
If you don't have a stable income, you'll look so stupid..

I wish job seekers success..

it's quite tough for job seekers and annoyingly the pay is not commensurate with the job. I usually advice people not to be desperate to jump on an offer or a job, if you instinct tell your otherwise, don't take up the job.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Fab21: 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2023
IyaTola:
it's quite tough for job seekers and annoyingly the pay is not commensurate with the job. I usually advice people not to be desperate to jump on an offer or a job, if you instinct tell your otherwise, don't take up the job.

The pay was a little bit ok. 90k
I forget to explain that it's a 3 months contract job.

It's not easy for Job seekers.
You'll still need money to go for interview, T. Fare and Data.

Sometimes, money no go dey to even attend interview especially if it's outside the your State of residence...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by lavylilly: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2023
Fab21:

The pay was a little bit ok. 90k
I forget to explain that it's a 3 months contract job.

It's not easy for Job seekers.
You'll still need money to go for interview, T. Fare and Data.

Sometimes, money no go dey to even attend interview especially if it's outside the your State of residence...
Eyah sorry, what's the update now
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Fab21: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2023
lavylilly:
Eyah sorry, what's the update now

I'm managing somewhere...

It's not good to be idle..

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by BirtherOfKings(f): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2023
Job : ACCOUNT OFFICER, HYGIENE OFFICER AND MANAGER
ACOMODATION IS THERE FOR EVERYONE
EXPERIENCE: EXPERIENCE of working in a Farm is important for the manager . The cleaner can learn on the job
Qualification: account officer( BSC OR HND IN ACCOUNTING) MANAGER BSC OR HND WITH EXPERIENCE, CLEANER: NONE
Note: Age for the above position is 22-40 years SALARY( 55-60K) HYGIENE OFFICER( 40K) MANAGER-65-75K)
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their curriculum vitae to:
ekaette.obot@worknigeria.com OR CALL 09169976258
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Eagba(m): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2023
QuinModah:
The have seen that it's not working. Imagine all prayer cities or church camps are factories in Nigeria, do you think unemployment would be high?
You're correct.i also have an idea, let the government pass and implement a law that forces government as the biggest spenders, to always spend 80% of their budget on the local economy and let son be serious with their job.

And any company that decide to benefit from government contracts, should also spend 50% of their budget on the local economy.

The resultant effect will be massive, cos money will be flowing around looking for where to land.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Hamachi(f): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2023
Eagba:

You're correct.i also have an idea, let the government pass and implement a law that forces government as the biggest spenders, to always spend 80% of their budget on the local economy and let son be serious with their job.

And any company that decide to benefit from government contracts, should also spend 50% of their budget on the local economy.

The resultant effect will be massive, cos money will be flowing around looking for where to land.
After FIRS the bolded is the second most corrupt government agency in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Eagba(m): 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
Hamachi:
After FIRS the bolded is the second most corrupt government agency in Nigeria.
Ummm... As s people, I think we should be tired of leaving like animals. Even the bigger animals (our politicians) aren't they ashamed that even with their looted wealth, oyibo people no rated them?.
If government can fix SON, efcc, icpc, judiciary for start.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Hamachi(f): 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
Eagba:

Ummm... As s people, I think we should be tired of leaving like animals. Even the bigger animals (our politicians) aren't they ashamed that even with their looted wealth, oyibo people no rated them?.
If government can fix SON, efcc, icpc, judiciary for start.
The bolded is anther corrupt entity as long as you have cash, you will get judgement. I cannot share an experience here reasons best known to me. Happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Eagba(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2023
Hamachi:
The bolded is anther corrupt entity as long as you have cash, you will get judgement. I cannot share an experience here reasons best known to me. Happy Sunday.
same to you dear

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by QuinModah(f): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2023
Eagba:

grin pass which law? In Nigeria wake up from your dream

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Eagba(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2023
QuinModah:
grin pass which law? In Nigeria wake up from your dream
thank you

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Hamachi(f): 7:41pm On Apr 09
One will see a well dress graduate on suit working in a management role in a company.Meanwhile the pay is very low.
wink
Re: Share Your Unemployment Experience by Caleb15(m): 12:14am On Apr 10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Of The Best Ways To Answer "Why Do You Want To Leave Your Job?" / Should I Take Manager Job In A Filling Station Or Leave It / Free Job Aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers For Practice And Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.