Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) (45797 Views)

Major Roads Gov Soludo Is Constructing In Awka(photos) / 4th Longest Bridge In Nigeria Ready In Akwa Ibom State.. Photos / Recreational Park At Agulu Lake That Anambra State Government Is Constructing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by nesphil(m): 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
Akwa Ibom State is Rising...
May God Almighty continue to bless AKS with visionary, selfless, and good leaders.
Akwa Ibom Ayaya

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Akharmony: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2022
AkwaMoney... Wakada on the go, God bless the state and them beautiful Obebe.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Bobloco: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
Norwichsailor:
Akwa-ibom ado OK!
But more needs to be done to make the state an economic hub.

Akwa Ibom ayaya

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Madmax7: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2022
Lol .....this governor had done nothing you should say all thanks to Godswill Akpabio cos he was the one that gave us good roads,good health care, airport and our beautiful stadium lot more to Akpabio...quote author=Manson1 post=114843272]Commendable. Akwa ibom is a very nice place to be.. Was in oron in mid 2020 and early 2021 for a building project.... If you talk about good roads and infrastructure then you'll have to give it to them... Kudos to their governor [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by daygee12: 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
Manson1:
Commendable. Akwa ibom is a very nice place to be.. Was in oron in mid 2020 and early 2021 for a building project.... If you talk about good roads and infrastructure then you'll have to give it to them... Kudos to their governor
They blessed with good governors, Godswill akpabio performed wonders too

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Gkay1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
Kudos to the governor not like oyetola who has nothing to show us for complete 4 years and expecting to rule again. God punish devil

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Reference(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

But jobs are next to non existent there, and the electricity supply in some areas are still piss poor.

Because these so called leaders just do not know to create jobs.
From the picture you can see the project lead is an 'expat'; meaning a project that is white elephant, using scarce resources for big budget works. That is the most expensive way to work.

Governments should rather invest in the kind of public works that are force multipliers, that employ the citizens enmasse, spur small scale industry and enhance the skillset of the people at the level they are, so that those skills can be independent sources of future value.

Meaning that if I am a governor all the big budget projects will be PPP, Contractor Financed and run.
A poor state has no business building a humongous bridge for multiples of billions if it will not convey goods and services worth multiples of billions, if not..... who will pay for the maintenance.

These are just money pits and will drain the states resources in the future just as the unproductive highways in Nigeria is showing this country 'shege' each year to keep them motorable.

There are few critical thinkers in offices of government.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Echoban: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
ChiefAfonja:
Tinubu see your mate

You were rather pushing drugs in Chicago

The money spent on Red and blue light rail alone can feed ur state Federal allocation for a year without economic breakdown on the state.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Madmax7: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
All thanks to Godswill Akpabio!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by sinola(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
white elephant project....!
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
AMI3:
But some people are still against Udom.

Most time I keep asking myself y?

This man is trying for Akwa Ibom
becos his not sharing money .. Dude has more projects than Akpabio by far

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by loswhite(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
Rayjnr:

Thank you, they say this and that about akwa ibom and cross river but in reality these development does not change the economy of the common man there
What do you want the government to do? If you have good infrastructure alot private car owners do Bolt and Uber. Please advice what you would do differently?
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by DAwest7: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
Manson1:
Commendable. Akwa ibom is a very nice place to be.. Was in oron in mid 2020 and early 2021 for a building project.... If you talk about good roads and infrastructure then you'll have to give it to them... Kudos to their governor
I served in Ukanafun local government area very nice road connecting Anang zone together

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
...and someone is always deceiving us every 4 years that he'd construct 4th mainland bridge from the island to ikorodu. The deceit had been on since 1999. Sanwoolu has started deceiving gullible lagosians already with same 4th mainland bridge construction grin.

Tinubu told us in 1999 that he'd construct a state-owned airport and 4th mainland bridge for lagosians. Between 1999 and now, Delta constructed their airport , Anambra constructed their own, so also did Bayelsa. Shamefully, Ebonyi as poor as they are, constructed their own airport of international standard yet, our leaders are still singing same old song. They'd say, we know how to get them every 4 years... never again. All the aforementioned states built their airports each without even making noise.

Now, see Akwa Ibom constructing something similar to the 4th mainland bridge. I doubt if the bridge from the island to ikorodu is as long as this. Our IGR is much more than what Akwa Ibom is getting. Never again will all these deceits get me and my family. Those who still want to be deceived, good luck to you. Its Obi all the way.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Norwichsailor(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
Fortruth:

Something like this in England that una love to watch their EPL, it is not even news worthy….

But for Niggers in the zoo of course they are hailing what a leader should be doing as usual as USUAL…
Biafran please focus on ur states and leave us zoo people alone. Thanks
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Norwichsailor(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
Rayjnr:

Exactly my point, how all these will transform into jobs for the people is what the government should now strive to achieve.
We'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day. Lest we forget the state was created in 1983 and is already better than atleast 30 out of the 36 states in most areas

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by benitwater(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
Manson1:
Former governor also did a very nice jobs on akwaroads.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Kinzo0917(m): 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Manson1:
. Unlike my delta state who receive the same allocation like Akwa ibom, yet no meaniful development in delta state. E no go better for Okowa
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by 66spirit(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2022
Norwichsailor:

We'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day. Lest we forget the state was created in 1983 and is already better than atleast 30 out of the 36 states in most areas

1983 you say?
Where d You get info sef?
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
AMI3:
But some people are still against Udom.

Most time I keep asking myself y?

This man is trying for Akwa Ibom

Senator Akpabio started it when he was Governor but abandoned, Gov. Udom Suppose to finish it latest in his first term but delayed it till this moment.

Gov. Udom is too elistist arrogant with so much ego, &he's trying so much to foist his puppet/stooge on the people, so as to cover his tract, but AKS are wise enough to choose their own homeboy Governor by themselves come 2023.

Sincerely, Even The OP, Ilaumoh is not in tandem with the Governor's succession plan, but he is only doing his Job.

In case anybody want to quote me, this is my LGA, I know better than anybody else in this State &AKS politics!
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Akpan107(m): 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
Manson1:
Thank you sir...

You are always welcome to the state,

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
Good one

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Emperorx: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
wiseone28:
But you kill and eat slithering things like snake?
God forbid
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by naija4life247: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
ChiefAfonja:
Tinubu see your mate

You were rather pushing drugs in Chicago

What was your own father doing then? No insult, no fight, just a curious question

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
Rayjnr:

Thank you, they say this and that about akwa ibom and cross river but in reality these development does not change the economy of the common man there
Honestly, that's the real situation there. How can a state like enugu have more available jobs than AKS. A whole akwa ibom oh. Sha, our leaders don finish us.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by wiseone28: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
Emperorx:
God forbid
Then stop being concern on what people put into their stomach..

What is taboo for you is food to another and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by pacespot(m): 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
With so many construction companies in the country right now, I wonder what is stopping Nigerian government from embarking on large scale construction works in the real estate to address demands for accommodations in the country. This will employ millions of graduates and government can be responsible for their salaries if the construction companies cannot afford to pay them, at least they will be better at contributing to the GDP than corrupt civil servants and politicians, and I think this is a better initiative at empowering the youths than N-power where many graduates are just collecting salaries with nothing to show for the value they add to the economy.

Most of Nigerian graduates that are leaving the country to advanced countries like Canada are employed in construction firms or as farmers. I wonder why government cannot do the same here in Nigeria

Nigeria and Africa have a huge youth population, but most of these young people productivities are transferred into advanced countries. The ones that are in Nigeria are either less productively engaged or are into all sorts of crimes.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Rayjnr: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Honestly, that's the real situation there. How can a state like enugu have more available jobs than AKS. A whole akwa ibom oh. Sha, our leaders don finish us.

Exactly, but if you talk some will start arguing
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ilaumoh:
becos his not sharing money .. Dude has more projects than Akpabio by far

Stop posting rubbish, He is not sharing money, but he is spending the money with cabals&others who share the same ideology, trying so hard to impose Umo Eno, tell me why he isn't paying retired primary school teachers gulfing more than 33Billion Naira, he just approved just 1billion out of the sum which is just like a drop in an ocean.

Gov. Udom is Stingy naturally, arrogant, feeling i-too-know, with so much ego doesn't care how you feel.

He is typical Onna Man.

He only cares about the Elites.

I only support his completion agenda, he should complete all his projects he started.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Hunchogee: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
saintkeppy:

Stop posting rubbish, He is not sharing money, but he is spending the money with cabals&others who share the same ideology, trying so hard to impose Umo Eno, tell me why he isn't paying retired primary school teachers gulfing more than 33Billion Naira, he just approved just 1billion out of the sum which is just like a drop in an ocean.

Gov. Udom is Stingy naturally, arrogant, feeling i-too-know, with so much ego doesn't care how you feel.

He is typical Onna Man.

He only cares about the Elites.

I only support his completion agenda, he should complete all his projects he started.
and you started by insulting him ?
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
Reference:

Because these so called leaders just do not know to create jobs.
From the picture you can see the project lead is an 'expat'; meaning a project that is white elephant, using scarce resources for big budget works. That is the most expensive way to work.

Governments should rather invest in the kind of public works that are force multipliers, that employ the citizens enmasse, spur small scale industry and enhance the skillset of the people at the level they are, so that those skills can be independent sources of future value.

Meaning that if I am a governor all the big budget projects will be PPP, Contractor Financed and run.
A poor state has no business building a humongous bridge for multiples of billions if it will not convey goods and services worth multiples of billions, if not..... who will pay for the maintenance.

These are just money pits and will drain the states resources in the future just as the unproductive highways in Nigeria is showing this country 'shege' each year to keep them motorable.

There are few critical thinkers in offices of government.
Abi oh. İf we talk nah they will start reminding us of our "potopoto republic" or even wishing genocide on us.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2022
Okowa come see wetin your mate dey do. Fake road master

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far / Wife Of British D.O.in The East Being Carried By Two Able Bodied Men In 1940(pic / Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.