Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books (60726 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / UNIMAID Lecturer Makes Students To Hold A Snake To Earn A Mark / Solomon Yusuf, Kidnapped UNIMAID Lecturer Writes Letter To Wife, Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Lastborn0074: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2022
A very sad commentary. When we tell them to vote PETER OBI come 2023, they argue with their ancestors.
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by orikoku: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2022
Capuchinho:
If you think the Government is not BOKO HARAM then tell me the meaning of BOKO HARAM

It means Western Education is forbidden..

I'm laughing at the undergraduate youths. It's time School Unions take over the streets

The government is BOKO HARAM
I sight your comment. Seems you right. School unions should take over the street. But trust me you won't see them. Reason bubu call Nigerian youths lazy youths.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 19, 2022
SmellyNyash:
APC and their stewpid supporter's will never know peace in their life.

May life treat them the way APC are treating Nigerians. So sad

And may them be flushed out by the God of vengeance..

Anybody supporting APC will forever suffer even there is money he or she made from APC let that money then no peace at all..

Cos money can't buy peace..

They will all suffer endlessly
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:44am On Jul 19, 2022
citadels:
My cousin who read nursing in university of sokoto and midwifery same school managed private hospital work for years then was on contract with bayero uni. Teaching hospital for years just got a job in a hospital in Norwich �� last year she said to me she is not coming back to Nigeria �� forever and she is doing fine.

We did video call yesterday and my sister is so fresh and light who when she was in Nigeria was very skinny and dark like core northerner.
Nursing is hot cake all over the world
Sure ticket to leaving this country

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by JJuanMiguel: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2022
Aurielfinizu:

And may them be flushed out by the God of vengeance..

Anybody supporting APC will forever suffer even there is money he or she made from APC let that money then no peace at all..

Cos money can't buy peace..

They will all suffer endlessly
This lecturer is a staunch APC supporter, just like many other lecturers. They join hands and elect useless leaders then turn around and start crying while demanding for this and that.
He's frustrated now that hunger has set in.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Judolisco(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:

That's even an understatement

Imagine a whole PhD holder saying education is no longer important

The system has failed him and so many others

We're in a deep mess
same thing the president said last week
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Obidientful: 10:57am On Jul 19, 2022
Oga Dr. If u like invite Boko Haram to come and bomb your office, that's your business
I know very well U are one of those learned Northerners that played significant role in bringing the evil spirit in Aso-Rock to power. When U were busy convincing your students to vote Buhari in 2019 knowing full well he hasn't done anything within his 4yrs in office.
The best thing to do now oga Dr is to collect Tinubu Agbado and corn use hold belle, then vote Labour party ( Peter Obi) so that your life will be Useful from next year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by enemachris(m): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2022
We don't need to blame him, the situation under the present APC government is quite frustrating. The system failed woefully. undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by bonnyhope: 11:04am On Jul 19, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:
See what the government has reduced the education sector to

What's the hope of the common man?

Dr. Othman Abubakar of English Department University of Maiduguri wrote this on his timeline ����

With the destruction of university education in Nigeria today, and the starving of university lecturers by the insensitive APC government, I no longer need these books. Those that still believe that education in Nigeria is important, please come to my office at the address below and buy these books at your own price l am available in the office from 9am to 5pm daily including weekends.

Access Address :
Department of English and literary studies
University of Maiduguri.

Sign. Dr Abubakar Othman
grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:05am On Jul 19, 2022
i hope he sells his Quran too. undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by greypencils: 11:10am On Jul 19, 2022
The problem with educated northerners, Nigeria has so much pampered them, basically getting most of what they have ever achieved educationally through grants and scholarships. By that, they have learnt to be so dependent on the government that they can't stand on their own compared to a Southerner who climbed the ropes based on his own merit, sweat and money,no federal scholarships anywhere.
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Svoboda(m): 11:18am On Jul 19, 2022
ASUU strike did not start today. In the 80s and 90 s, they were incessant strikes by university teachers. It will not also end today, as long as there is contention for govt resources by other sectors. If govt were to remove education subsidies, most nigerians wont be able to afford universiry education, and govts university payroll is constantly increasing with more student entrants.
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by JONSYN7154: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2022
When the number 1 in APC didn't go to school why won't education be downgraded.

Shame to anybody that will vote APC again.

Sai Peter Obi

Sai labour partly
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Aduroja123(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:

They are always supporting blindly even when they themselves are suffering from the effect of bad governance

Exaclty my anger towards these yeye APC supporters oo Suffering and smiling RUBBISH
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 19, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:

Even the politicians can't explain the level of madness that cause their followers to keep hailing them , despite the fact that they're obvious failures
Please go to that bar opposite your house and take any drink you want. Make sure it's cold oh!
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2022
tommy589:
See his level of disenchantment

If someone that has a job and had high hopes pursuing a career in academia feels this way,I can not imagine the feelings of his age mates that are jobless
Hmmmmmmm very deep man! Are you a sea diver?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Tundex911: 11:45am On Jul 19, 2022
WTF

9ja ti tan
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by cybersoldiers: 11:45am On Jul 19, 2022
God1000:
Too bad, he's frustrated and pained.

But discouraging nigerians from going to school isn't right.

Education is very important, whether you use the certificate to work or not

This ASUU strike every now and then is totally unacceptable.

The stakeholders in our education sector should do the needful and find a lasting solution to the problem bedeviling the system.

Where is the education?

When APC has made education inaccessible to Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Neddyogu(m): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2022
Is he not part of the problem? Is it not ASUU members that would stand as returning officers and read out fraudulent figures for these parties? Don't the ASUU members fraternise with politicians emerge as VCs?
Las Las everybody go chop breakfast. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Eniitankorede: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2022
SmellyNyash:

Your Obituary will be the worse. Show me any negotiation he has successful ended in his life? He was impeached because he was not a good negotiator. He kept running from PDP to APGA to PDP to Labour be a he cannot negotiate. Now in Labour that’s factionalised yet he cannot negotiate with the factions. He is a awful talker without being a doer. He is a colossal failure as a leader.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Kdon2: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2022
almarthins:

And ngige that tasted university, what is he doing about ASUU strike ?

The man was just playing hide and seek with ASUU

That's what buhari want him to do
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by staga: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2022
Svoboda:
ASUU strike did not start today. In the 80s and 90 s, they were incessant strikes by university teachers. It will not also end today, as long as there is contention for govt resources by other sectors. If govt were to remove education subsidies, most nigerians wont be able to afford universiry education, and govts university payroll is constantly increasing with more student entrants.

Name a year in the 1970s and 1980s when ASUU went on strike.
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Johnjanrt: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:

Wow

I hope you do so

I'm a student there

I don't know him though since I'm a science student

What level?
All the best though.
Ensure to be Made before leaving Unimaid.
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
Elections will come and he go still proudly vote based on sentiments..

We never see anything yet
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Johnjanrt: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
Introduce me to the side hustle too. Unemployment harsh.
backnbeta:

Baba is not starving...he is just frustrated!

BTW, My books are also available... I'm getting more serious with my side hustle undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by kingyakos: 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2022
Was it not last month or a month before last month that Buhari donated one million dollar to a Taliban afganistan government.....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by Svoboda(m): 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
staga:

Name a year in the 1970s and 1980s when ASUU went on strike.

You may refer to history for elaboration. Also, i never mentioned the 70s.
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by maasoap(m): 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
SmellyNyash:

Obi has nothing to offer other. Simple
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by almarthins(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
Kdon2:

That's what buhari want him to do

He has no honour by dancing to buhari's tune. He should just honourably resign. Every thing no be money and position
Re: ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books by lexy2014: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2022
God1000:
Too bad, he's frustrated and pained.

But discouraging nigerians from going to school isn't right.

Education is very important, whether you use the certificate to work or not

This ASUU strike every now and then is totally unacceptable.

The stakeholders in our education sector should do the needful and find a lasting solution to the problem bedeviling the system.

That's not all. The lecturer is low on cash. Selling those books will greatly improve his cash liquidity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Former US Teacher Of The Year Arrested For Having Sex With 17-Year-Old Student / Chigozie Ekenze, IMSU Best Student Gets N13.7M Scholarship From Rochas Okorocha / If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.