Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please (1935 Views)

New Scam Alert: Please Inform Your Loved Ones (pic) / Please Is Crowd1 A Scam?help / Lady Shares The Photo Of A Man To Confirm His Relationship Status Before Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by IAmSkinny: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
So I have a friend who's an aspiring musician. To be honest, he's very talented and posts some of his freestyles on IG.

Just recently, he was contacted on IG by one record label known as LinksMusic. They intend to sign him but I find it a bit uncomfortable and fear it might be an elaborate scam.
They have a website but when you Google "LinksMusic", nothing related to the record label ever shows up. They have an office address here:
1755 Broadway New York, New York 100112
Ironically, this is the same building that houses Universal music record label. Doesn't just make sense at all.

They even sent the young man an agreement containing the terms of contract and how much he's to earn from the deal but something tells me it's an elaborate scam.
Now they want him to come to this "reserved" address in Maitama, Abuja to sign the contract..........
The address is: 1, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja.
I think all these is a hoax and these people might try to harm the young man. Please anybody with valuable information about the record label, addresses and knowledge about this sort of scam should help expose them and save a life because the young man is totally convinced that they are genuine.
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by JONSYN7154: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2022
IAmSkinny:
So I have a friend who's an aspiring musician. To be honest, he's very talented and posts some of his freestyles on IG.

Just recently, he was contacted on IG by one record label known as LinksMusic. They intend to sign him but I find it a bit uncomfortable and fear it might be an elaborate scam.
They have a website but when you Google "LinksMusic", nothing related to the record label ever shows up. They have an office address here:
1755 Broadway New York, New York 100112
Ironically, this is the same building that houses Universal music record label.

They even sent the young man an agreement containing the terms of contract and how much he's to earn from the deal but something tells me it's an elaborate scam.
Now they want him to come to this "reserved" address in Maitama, Abuja to sign the contract..........
what's the address in maitama I can help you check. Am at lake Chad street.

2 Likes

Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by IAmSkinny: 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
JONSYN7154:
what's the address in maitama I can help you check. Am at lake Chad street.

1, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama.
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by JONSYN7154: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
IAmSkinny:

1, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama.
. OK. Not far from where I am. Just 10 minutes drive.

1 Like

Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by IAmSkinny: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
JONSYN7154:
. OK. Not far from where I am. Just 10 minutes drive.

Waaoo. I just feel there is something very fishy going on with those guys.
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by JONSYN7154: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
IAmSkinny:

Waaoo. I just feel there is something very fishy going on with those guys.
FAKE!! AM RIGHT THERE NOW. NOTHING LIKE THAT.
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by IAmSkinny: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2022
JONSYN7154:
FAKE!! AM RIGHT THERE NOW. NOTHING LIKE THAT.

Good bless you bro. Little wonder they keep referring to it as a "reserved" address.

The location is it like a hotel, an office place or restaurant
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by Boyfrancis7(m): 7:32am On Jul 22, 2022
They text me too. I've spent money trying to get covenant of allegiance. My lawyer did her best and the so called Mr john said is not accepted that he will look for a lawyer for me and now the lawyer is requesting for 15,000 which am not ready to pay.
My question is why will they do that to an up and coming artist? This is unfair they don't know what we pass through � right now I don't know what to do to myself anymore. I'm tried of everything
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by Boyfrancis7(m): 7:36am On Jul 22, 2022
God I can't believe this is happening right now.

Please can anybody help me check on Bentley records too
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by bmdmix15: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2022
Dey looking for form money
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by posty56: 7:48am On Jul 22, 2022
organ g harvesters
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by IAmSkinny: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
Boyfrancis7:
They text me too. I've spent money trying to get covenant of allegiance. My lawyer did her best and the so called Mr john said is not accepted that he will look for a lawyer for me and now the lawyer is requesting for 15,000 which am not ready to pay.
My question is why will they do that to an up and coming artist? This is unfair they don't know what we pass through � right now I don't know what to do to myself anymore. I'm tried of everything

That's actually the scam. They want you to use their so-called lawyer.
They don't give a fvck about you. All they care about is the 15k they're going to harvest from you.
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by IAmSkinny: 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2022
Boyfrancis7:
God I can't believe this is happening right now.

Please can anybody help me check on Bentley records too

Na them them
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by Spencermusic: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2023
Was there ever any update on this? They’ve gotten ahold of me to “sign” and apparently a representative from LinksMusic is coming to meet me to sign.

Did your friend ever follow up with the company to see what happened?
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by Timagex(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2023
Run o!!

grin
Re: New Scam? Help Me Confirm How Genuine This Is Please by Spencermusic: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2023
Timagex:
Run o!!

grin

I’m kind of interested to see how the whole scam plays out. Obviously I won’t sign but I’m curious to see how far it goes.

(1) (Reply)

65 Out Of 83 Women I Counselled Cheated On Their Husbands -daddy Freeze / Why Do Girls Act This Way. / Females Are Evil! . . .some

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.