Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K (67724 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / Happy New Year To You, Your New Year Job Is Here / End Of The Year Job Test Questions And Answers PROMO. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by perez100: 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
While some people think the money is much but so many guys are making more than that a month trading FX stuff, Diamond, Gold, Platinum etc. You have to patiently build your money and start living a comfortable life. As easy as A B C D
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by DispatcherLagos: 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
Munamoqel:
friendly with the wild fire up and down abi or the winter that u can freeze to deaths

I'm not going to Australia or Denmark.

Haven't heard of wild fire in Canada before
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by pocohantas(f): 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
BennyDGreat:

There are actually rich Nigerians in UK but very few...peeps like Alexander Amosu, The Ozumba Mbadwises...all of dem dey on code

Sure there are, but the majority are just “comfortable”. I have many friends and former colleagues there. I am talking of the average Nigerian relocating in their late 20s and 30s with 60% of required funds. Not Mbadiwe’s.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
They are planning for the future of their kids
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Munamoqel: 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’m in America but I can assure you that Whites in Europe or America wouldn’t relocate to Nigeria for that amount of money. The 34,000 Europeans in Nigeria includes families of expats and are there because they were probably offered astronomical amounts of money. If the amount the guy was being paid was so desirable to Whites, no Nigerians would hold those positions because Whites would’ve gone there and taken them all.
really come to Lagos some even earn less .what do you think is the salaries of British white in British international school lekki ? There even an Italian that sell shawarma in polysonic mall apapa he still here and am sure he doesn't make 24m per year. How about the one in international NGO .the 24m make them live like Kings with Driver ,cook and security's they can't afford that even with 500k income in America.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Munamoqel: 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

I'm not going to Australia or Denmark.

Haven't heard of wild fire in Canada before
you don't know anything . When you enter _20 you go know was up .you are still in fool paradise .
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by DispatcherLagos: 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
Munamoqel:
you don't know anything . When you enter _20 you go know was up .you are still in fool paradise .
And you know all these from your cave at ogbomosho?
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Khafsun: 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
WatchYourSix:
.who da heck leaves 24 million per year job for masters in uk..

Thats a senior management remuneration ...
make una no dey cap any how jarè....People always like fabricating worst case scenarios to prove a point ..
Lol. It's called strawmanning

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by TolaniLuv: 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

Is Lagos my village?

If your village is not Lagos! I would suggest you should move to UK and leave that 24M yearly job
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Basicend: 11:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
Omihanifa:

Don’t mind them. Another Twitter fairytale who go abandon 24million naira per year salary and travel to UK to go start afresh? When it not as if such a person is under a spell.

With 24million naira per year you can rub shoulders with a politician in Nigeria nah

Lol. . Which politicians. . ?

How much is 24 million to an average Nigerian politician?

He can't Rob any shoulder with them bro. .

A Nigerian politician can get that money just in 1 day. .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by DispatcherLagos: 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
TolaniLuv:

If your village is not Lagos! I would suggest you should move to UK and leave that 24M yearly job
I'm not a fan of European countries, I'm sorry....I prefer America
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2022
Munamoqel:
really come to Lagos some even earn less .what do you think is the salaries of British white in British international school lekki ? There even an Italian that sell shawarma in polysonic mall apapa he still here and am sure he doesn't make 24m per year. How about the one in international NGO .the 24m make them live like Kings with Driver ,cook and security's they can't afford that even with 500k income in America.
I hardly follow all these dreamers dey argue nonsense.
I do business with multinationals with a lot of European staff(many are my friends),most earn 1.5-1.8m per month and are very happy with it and won't leave those jobs without a fight.
One of the many advantages of those expats in Nigeria is they not having to pay income tax to their countries,infact most pay zero tax and they love it so much.
When you start hearing Nigerians shouting japa and quality of life,know that they're not making any good money and their future has started looking bleak.
No one untop of his game relocates for any reason!
As for the 24m relocation story,just ignore.
You're leaving Nigeria for oyibo to employ you as what?you will definitely land low end jobs and survive most likely,rather than thrive.
As for the girl that quoted you,I ignore people like that cos they're always very unrealistic and want to use the fact that they're in America to feel better about themselves over someone in Africa.Their biggest achievement is being abroad.
The question you should have asked her is how much is in her account as at now,since she claims its so easy to make money in America.
Clowns.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2022
pocohantas:
All of you making noise over 24m per annum. That is 2m a month for a family man in Lekki. His wife is a Branch Manager. That doesn’t mean she is an AM or even a Manager. She could as well be an ABE or a BE.

Some of you had banker mothers and customer fathers. They were considered rich in their time, but now, all they have is a country home and old glory.

Are you telling me that you wouldn’t like it if your parents made this same move 35 years ago when it was easier?

I don’t know of UK though. I have honestly never met anyone from the UK that is that “rich”. Just comfortable at best. Americans are the main ballers I see. Even on Upwôrk, American clients pay the highest most times. But then, money is not always the (only) motive.

You’re right about that. The myth of working 2-3 jobs like a dog is just a lie people tell unless someone is in either country illegally.
Example: Amazon in the UK and US will hire just about anyone over age 18 who is in the country legally.

Here in the US, Amazon’s minimum wage is $15 per hour, even for people working from home and it’s $10-11.76 per hour in the UK.
A couple without any higher education in the US legally who are authorized to work can stay home and each work 40 hours a week for Amazon (overtime is optional and sometimes unlimited). So without working any overtime:

USA
$15/hr x 40 hours/week= $600 x 2= $1,200/ week
$1,200/week x 52 weeks/year= $62,400 annually in the household

UK
$10/hr x 40/wk= $400 x 2= $800/wk
$800/wk x 52 weeks/yr= $41,600 annually in the household

USA
Overtime = 1.5 of hourly salary
Amazon Overtime for a Minimum Wage Worker in the US is $22.50 per hour

UK
Amazon Overtime for the lowest paid worker is $15/hour

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by NemoDatQuod(m): 11:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
It may not be a fabrication. Last September, one of my best friends left Nigeria and a salary of N36m with a bank and came out here with his wife and children for a masters degree. He is about completing his thesis and has no plans of going back to Naija. If you are hardworking, professionally educated and you are not a Nigerian thief, you will quickly realise how so very dangerous that country is.

Moreover, N36m is about £48K in Pounds. An individual who is a professional should be able to make at least twice that in a year, after a masters degree. Their children will go to schools that have already been paid for by the taxes taken from every citizen. They will be relatively safe compared to Nigeria. Naturally, they have had to give up some stuff to come here. The huge house in Lagos and the camaraderie between friends and neighbours in Nigeria which they may not be able to replicate here. But at least they will still be alive and their children will have a chance at life, meaningful life where if you work hard, you can become the best you can be. And you don't have to become a Nigerian thief to be successful.

WatchYourSix:

make una no dey cap any how jarè....People always like fabricating worst case scenarios to prove a point ..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 11:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You’re right about that. The myth of working 2-3 jobs like a dog is just a lie people tell unless someone is in either country illegally.
Example: Amazon in the UK and US will hire just about anyone over age 18 who is in the country legally.

Here in the US, Amazon’s minimum wage is $15 per hour, even for people working from home and it’s $10-11.76 per hour in the UK.
A couple without any higher education in the US legally who are authorized to work can stay home and each work 40 hours a week for Amazon (overtime is optional and sometimes unlimited). So without working any overtime:

USA

UK

USA

UK

Remove living expenses and IRS money and tell us how much will be left.
If you want argue ,you can start by telling us how much you've saved in dollars since when you moved to America since you say its so easy to make money in the states.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 12:02am On Jul 21, 2022
That’s what they like to tell themselves
1stGenAmerican:

Nobody in the US or the UK is working 3 or 4 documented jobs in a 24 hour day and the rent aren’t very many who work 3 or 4 jobs in a month. Stop it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:02am On Jul 21, 2022
Munamoqel:

None of them left Europe to go to Nigeria simply to earn those salaries.

You aren’t being truthful. Someone earning $500,000 in the US can easily hire a driver, cook, and security and live like a king HOWEVER nobody in the US usually hires drivers, cooks, and security. People earning much less than that in the US and Europe live much better lives.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Talawaka: 12:03am On Jul 21, 2022
Kingcalls:

9.50 an hr ... 9.50 x 8hrs = 76 pounds a day
75 pounds × 22 days/month =1670/month
1670 pounds x 12 months = 20000 pounds

You don't get paid for an hour long break when you are on minimum wage! grin

37.5 hrs working week
Daily Gross: £71.25
Weekly Gross: £356.25
Monthly Gross: £ 1,543.75
Gross Income: £18,525
Taxable Income: £5,955
Tax: £1,191
National Insurance: £1,145
Annual Take Home pay (from July 2022 onwards): £16,188.54

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:03am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:
That’s what they like to tell themselves

They like telling themselves that people move abroad and have to work 3 and 4 jobs?
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:05am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
If you want argue ,you can start by telling us how much you've saved in dollars since when you moved to America since you say its so easy to make money in the states.

After taxes and expenses, there would be a sufficient amount left to live a very good life and save a bit. Then in February, this same couple would probably receive a tax refund check and if they have any children, they would receive a sizable tax refund of over $5,000 which may double if they had more than one kid.

After taxes $48-50,000
Rent @ $1,000-2,000/month
Electricity, phone, etc $700/month

Even at $48,000 after taxes and $2000/month rent (which can be much lower) and $7000/month expenses, they would still have approximately $15,600 left over.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:07am On Jul 21, 2022
NemoDatQuod:
It may not be a fabrication. Last September, one of my best friends left Nigeria and a salary of N36m with a bank and came out here with his wife and children for a masters degree. He is about completing his thesis and has no plans of going back to Naija. If you are hardworking, professionally educated and you are not a Nigerian thief, you will quickly realise how so very dangerous that country is.

Moreover, N36m is about £48K in Pounds. An individual who is a professional should be able to make at least twice that in a year, after a masters degree. Their children will go to schools that have already been paid for by the taxes taken from every citizen. They will be relatively safe compared to Nigeria. Naturally, they have had to give up some stuff to come here. The huge house in Lagos and the camaraderie between friends and neighbours in Nigeria which they may not be able to replicate here. But at least they will still be alive and their children will have a chance at life, meaningful life where if you work hard, you can become the best you can be. And you don't have to become a Nigerian thief to be successful.

chief,getting a £96k white collar job in the UK no be beans,the average is around £50k.
And I mean professional jobs.
Remove tax and living expenses and you'd see that someone earning N36m in Nigeria will save way more.
Your friend is either not making N36m like he claims or isn't sure of the longevity of the job that paid him that.
Most of the people I know with secure jobs of 2.5m a month in Nigeria have their wives and kids in Canada and they're funding them from here.
Make una take am easy!

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Talawaka: 12:08am On Jul 21, 2022
NemoDatQuod:

Moreover, N36m is about £48K in Pounds. An individual who is a professional should be able to make at least twice that in a year, after a masters degree.

So a masters degree will automatically attract £96, 000/ year?
You are having a royal laugh... grin grin grin
You ain't got a clue.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:08am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

After taxes and expenses, there would be a sufficient amount left to live a very good life and save a bit. Then in February, this same couple would probably receive a tax refund check and if they have any children, they would receive a sizable tax refund of over $5,000 which may double if they had more than one kid.
Can you define very good life madam?
It's like you like to throw words around anyhow.
Someone on minimum wage will live a very good life in the US? grin
People(Nigerians)in this income bracket in the US are barely surviving.
They're still renting rooms or shared spaces,zero mortgage and are taking buses and eating McDonald's and fucking ratchet Akata losers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by NinjaXmetahuman: 12:09am On Jul 21, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Well if he sees better offer and if he thinks the country have more to offer him than naija then he's free to move.
But if I get 24 million job per year for this naija and vampire and zombies dey kill fo Street,i no fit leave ooo.
Na to go buy better ammunition and start playing real life COD.
One Hand on steering and the other hand on my gun ready to shoot any bagger I sight.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Kaiser20: 12:11am On Jul 21, 2022
Fake news just for entertainment. Good script anyways
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by kodemann: 12:11am On Jul 21, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Just say you don't know people.
24m per annum is like 2m per month. If you check it, boys that are working remote jobs are earning way more. For someone to earn that amount in Nigeria, they must be good at something. That same something will get them better offers out there. SO when you talk, pls remember that your circle of friends shape the way you see the world. Don't use that to judge.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:12am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
Can you define very good life madam?
It's like you like to throw words around anyhow.
Someone on minimum wage will live a very good life in the US? grin
People(Nigerians)in this income bracket in the US are barely surviving.
They're still renting rooms or shared spaces,zero mortgage and are taking buses and eating McDonald's and fucking ratchet Akata lose

Typical Nigerian who resorts to insults and obscenity when challenged.
Big lies. Big, big lies. They tell those lies so they won’t have to send money home to families. No grown ass people are renting rooms.
See above where I calculated where a couple can still have over $15,000/year after expenses and in smaller cities, they would stay with more.
I’m 1/2 Nigerian but I was born here so call me an Akata. What I earn in one year will probably take you 10 years to earn. Who is the biggest loser?
I no longer care to debate with such a negative person who resorts to insults and obscenity just because they’re called out on lies. Stay out of my mentions. Goodbye

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Talawaka: 12:12am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
chief,getting a £96k white collar job in the UK no be beans,the average is around £50k.
And I mean professional jobs.
Remove tax and living expenses and you'd see that someone earning N36m in Nigeria will save way more.
Your friend is either not making N36m like he claims or isn't sure of the longevity of the job that paid him that.
Most of the people I know with secure jobs of 2.5m a month in Nigeria have their wives and kids in Canada and they're funding them from here.
Make una take am easy!

The average wage in the UK is a long way off from £50,000/year too. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 12:16am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
why would anyone give you their personal information like that?

Even if they did y’all would say it’s a lie anyway. So what’s the point?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 989900: 12:17am On Jul 21, 2022
₦2m/month is a good place to start/build something on, but ₦2m/month is not all that rosy to survive on: "mo' money, mo' problem".

Folks earning ₦5/month and above still complain.

That said, their decision won't mostly be strictly about money.

ATEOTD, it's their decision, they may live to be forever happy about it, or live to regret it (it's life) . . . it's their decision, they have the full picture -- we don't.

Money is not everything.

P.S. For those trying to compare figures between 1st world countries and Nigeria, please, always take into consideration purchasing power parity (PPP): ₦700,000 income in Okitipupa could be = $7,000 in New York.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:17am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Typical Nigerian who resorts to insults and obscenity when challenged.
Big lies. Big, big lies. They tell those lies so they won’t have to send money home to families. No grown ass people are renting rooms.

See above where I calculated where a couple can still have over $15,000/year after expenses and in smaller cities, they would stay with more.

I no longer care to debate with a negative person who resorts to insults and obscenity just because they’re called out on lies. Stay out of my mentions. Goodbye
Smaller cities means smaller income.
For you to make good money in smaller cities,get ready to work like Jackie.
So to you $15k savings a year(highly debatable) is so big abi?
How much do you think someone serious with life earning 24m a year in Nigeria can save?
If e no save 12m ,make I know wetin cause am.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by NinjaXmetahuman: 12:19am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

USA

UK

USA

UK

and when you remove tax, expenses and bills people hardly pay in Nigeria, what's left?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria / Differences Between Tradesmen And Non Tradesmen As Regards To Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.