Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K (67707 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / Happy New Year To You, Your New Year Job Is Here / End Of The Year Job Test Questions And Answers PROMO. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:19am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:
why would anyone give you their personal information like that?

Even if they did y’all would say it’s a lie anyway. So what’s the point?

Exactly. The majority of the people I know make well over minimum wage and none are living hand to mouth. I see what you meant about them telling themselves what makes them feel better,

And you’re right again. If we posted salaries, expenses, and savings they’d call us liars so the point is moot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:19am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:
why would anyone give you their personal information like that?

Even if they did y’all would say it’s a lie anyway. So what’s the point?
Rest,most won't give because the digits aren't impressive.
If you know what you are doing in Nigeria,stay.
If you don't,move.
It's that simple.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by harsysky(m): 12:21am On Jul 21, 2022
With the comments I'm seeing, God, we have so many poor people in Nigeria. Infact, 95% of Nigerians are poor. Most of us are overwhelmed with that amount because majority are earning 250k and below. That man's children will thank him for taking that bold step to leave this country even with that 2million we think is so much money.

Our politicians can't even live on 10 million naira salary per month otherwise they wouldn't be stealing what they are stealing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 12:22am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

They like telling themselves that people move abroad and have to work 3 and 4 jobs?
my one job that I only go to 3 days a week is already doing me like I should reduce it to 2 days a week even grin

Who has time for 2-3 jobs? I understand that some low income families might need to do that once in a while but they are by far not the majority and when they do, it’s only temporary.

Africans here do very well from what I’ve seen. They are not traveling to remain at a $20/hr job indefinitely.

This nairaland and misinformation ehn.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:23am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Exactly. The majority of the people I know make well over minimum wage and none are living hand to mouth. I see what you meant about them telling themselves what makes them feel better,

And you’re right again. If we posted salaries, expenses, and savings they’d call us liars so the point is moot.
It's always what people they know make...
What of what you make?
It's easier to start from there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:23am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
Smaller cities means smaller income.
For you to make good money in smaller cities,get ready to work like Jackie.
So to you $15k savings a year(highly debatable) is so big abi?
How much do you think someone serious with life earning 24m a year in Nigeria can save?
If e no save 12m ,make I know wetin cause am.

Smaller cities still have the same wages for companies like Amazon.

I’m serious with life and you’ll probably say you are too but I’m 100% sure that I save more than you earn in an entire year. You’re a very negative person who tries hard to see the worst in everything so you’ll feel better about your life. Now I’m really finished talking to you. Stay out of my mentions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
Rest,most won't give because the digits aren't impressive.
If you know what you are doing in Nigeria,stay.
If you don't,move.
It's that simple.

Most won’t give digits because y’all will claim they are bragging. So let’s rest it.

I do agree that if you know what you’re doing you can stay back. I’m not an advocate for everyone to leave. But I won’t be among those doing salary mathematics to condemn those that leave .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by sunboy(m): 12:25am On Jul 21, 2022
Oh that’s annually? Yes I’d leave too, infact I left grin
But leaving for UK to go back to school ? Probably not.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:25am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:

Most won’t give digits because y’all will claim they are bragging. So let’s rest it.

I do agree that if you know what you’re doing you can stay back. I’m not an advocate for everyone to leave. But I won’t be among those doing salary mathematics to condemn those that leave .

Thank you. You sound like a person that’s very content with their own life and doesn’t have to believe others are suffering in order to be happy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Metrofox(m): 12:26am On Jul 21, 2022
If you know how much kidnapper ransom that guy fit don pay you'll not want to be in his shoes. You need to experience Nigeria sometimes, everything is not about money. May Nigeria never happen to you

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:26am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Smaller cities still have the same wages for companies like Amazon.

I’m serious with life and you’ll probably say you are too but I’m 100% sure that I save more than you earn in an entire year. You’re a very negative person who tries hard to see the worst in everything so you’ll feel better about your life. Now I’m really finished talking to you. Stay out of my mentions.
So every immigrant in the US will work in amazon right?
This your confidence sha,e no good to dey talk like this for faceless forum grin
Be careful of careless statements like these.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:30am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:

my one job that I only go to 3 days a week is already doing me like I should reduce it to 2 days a week even grin

Who has time for 2-3 jobs? I understand that some low income families might need to do that once in a while but they are by far not the majority and when they do, it’s only temporary.

Africans here do very well from what I’ve seen. They are not traveling to remain at a $20/hr job indefinitely.

This nairaland and misinformation ehn.

I believe everything you’re telling about your one job. Nobody relocates the right way to experience stress and a hard life.
I don’t know anyone here legally struggling so I believe that the people they speak of are either figments of their imaginations or relatives who lie about struggling so that they don’t have to remit large sums of money to family back in Ng, many of whom are ungrateful and entitled.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by sunboy(m): 12:31am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

You’re right about that. The myth of working 2-3 jobs like a dog is just a lie people tell unless someone is in either country illegally.
Example: Amazon in the UK and US will hire just about anyone over age 18 who is in the country legally.

Here in the US, Amazon’s minimum wage is $15 per hour, even for people working from home and it’s $10-11.76 per hour in the UK.
A couple without any higher education in the US legally who are authorized to work can stay home and each work 40 hours a week for Amazon (overtime is optional and sometimes unlimited). So without working any overtime:

USA
$15/hr x 40 hours/week= $600 x 2= $1,200/ week
$1,200/week x 52 weeks/year= $62,400 annually in the household

UK
$10/hr x 40/wk= $400 x 2= $800/wk
$800/wk x 52 weeks/yr= $41,600 annually in the household

USA
Overtime = 1.5 of hourly salary
Amazon Overtime for a Minimum Wage Worker in the US is $22.50 per hour

UK
Amazon Overtime for the lowest paid worker is $15/hour

I legit don’t like these calculations they don’t work and don’t compare well, especially that this is before tax and bills.

You have not factor in taxes, child care, if they nothing working they definitely might need a day care before their baby clock 5, car insurance ? Health insurance ?

These bills a very minimal in Nigeria, my friends in Nigeria pay full coverage for a year what I pay in a month. They don’t need to pay $600/month of day care, nor pay $150 monthly on care insurance, nor do they have to pay taxes per se in Nigeria, it’s very minimal.
UK healthcare is cheaper than we have in the US too… these calculations don’t really work in reality

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by KanwuliaExtra: 12:32am On Jul 21, 2022
24 Million a year? $40,000 per year with 2 kids?
POVERTY LEVEL!

Shyte money!

Like the job situation OR SECURITY situation is guaranteed.

No matter how wealthy you live in Nigeria, only if you have lost all fiber of humanity in you can you STAND the general environment of DISGUSTING POVERTY around you!

Please, travel and see HOW NORMAL PEOPLE live OUTSIDE NIGERIA.

You can only live comfortably in The Poverty Capital of the world if you have NO SOUL!

Lekki na your village?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:32am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:

Leaving a 24m a year job to go and start afresh in a place you've got no leverage is daft.
People also grow in Nigeria from 24 to 30 to 50 to 100,
No be only for Anerica them dey grow.
Anybody that earns that with income security won't even consider moving so I don't even know why I follow una dey argue.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by bigtt76(f): 12:32am On Jul 21, 2022
With such an income in Nigeria, you will live your life in perpetual fear cheesy

They always use bills and taxes to instill fear but the truth is if you don't indulge in frivolous subscriptions you won't be paying bills... Abi nor bi so? cheesy

sad
SlayerofSatan:
As seen on Twitter

https://twitter.com/kayodebakre8/status/1549470315998330882

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by sunboy(m): 12:35am On Jul 21, 2022
inoki247:
People think say outside sweet the way dem dey hear am ni I pray dem no regret dere steps....

Apart from insecurity nd some social amenities someone earning 2000usd in Nigeria monthly is beta dan someone earning 10k usd monthly in the state....

and living in doz country sef dere type of work be like slavery for my eyes people be doing 3 to 4 work in a day kilode...

as worst as Nigeria dey apart from having side hustle nobody fit du 3 to 4 work in a day in Nigeria....

When you start making 10k in the UK, come back let’s have that conversation again. Yeye talk
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:35am On Jul 21, 2022
sunboy:

I legit don’t like these calculations they don’t work and don’t compare well, especially that this is before tax and bills.

You have not factor in taxes, child care, if they nothing working they definitely might need a day care before their baby clock 5, car insurance ? Health insurance ?

These bills a very minimal in Nigeria, my friends in Nigeria pay full coverage for a year what I pay in a month. They don’t need to pay $600/month of day care, nor pay $150 monthly on care insurance, nor do they have to pay taxes per se in Nigeria, it’s very minimal.
UK healthcare is cheaper than we have in the US too… these calculations don’t really work in reality

People earning minimum wage usually qualify for subsidized childcare. Public schools are free. What I posted was minimum, most people are doing much better than that.
I don’t know anybody living the hard lives that Nigerians constantly talk about on here.

If your living expenses are so high why don’t you move back to Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by cococandy(f): 12:36am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
Leaving a 24m a year job to go and start afresh in a place you've got no leverage is daft.
People also grow in Nigeria from 24 to 30 to 50 to 100,
No be only for Anerica them dey grow.
Anybody that earns that with income security won't even consider moving so I don't even know why I follow una dey argue.
if they are really starting afresh then it’s different. But someone with a professional background, experience and skills will not technically be starting afresh. They might need a year or two to assimilate but they’ll be ahead in a few years and won’t regret it.

And like we already agreed on, it’s only for those who know what they are doing.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Basicend: 12:36am On Jul 21, 2022
Nonexisting:
Their regrets will be massive and I hope they don't commit suicide in near future.

Are you God that knows the future. . ?

Do you know the plans he has secured for himself ?

Do you know if they will be leaving UK in the next 1 or 2 years to another location?

Take it easy bro. . If God wants them to move on. . They will succeed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:38am On Jul 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
24 Million a year? $40,000 per year with 2 kids?
POVERTY LEVEL!

Shyte money!

Like the job situation is guaranteed.

That isn’t much money, especially with two kids.
All of these people missed the point you made. There is no job security or social safety net in Nigeria. If this person really exists, he can be fired from his bank job on any day and not collect one Naira in unemployment benefits or guaranteed severance.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:39am On Jul 21, 2022
Basicend:

Are you God that knows the future. . ?

Do you know the plans he has secured for himself ?

Do you know if they will be leaving UK in the next 1 or 2 years to another location?

Take it easy bro. . If God wants them to move on. . They will succeed.

Thanks because it seems he’s speaking misery and doom into the life of a stranger and doing such is known to backfire.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by SeaTrade(m): 12:40am On Jul 21, 2022
cococandy:
if they are really starting afresh then it’s different. But someone with a professional background, experience and skills will not technically be starting afresh. They might need a year or two to assimilate but they’ll be ahead in a few years and won’t regret it.

And like we already agreed on, it’s only for those who know what are doing.
A year or 2?
Which kind play be this?
You'll burn better 7-10 years to catch up,no jokes.
Have you also thought of what he or she could have done in Nigeria in that 10 years growth wise?
If you're young 18-24 without anything substantial or a clear cut achievable vision,you can move.
But anything above that is most likely setting oneself up for a lifetime of "averageness".
No be beans to leave third world country to go and be exceptional in the most capitalist nation in the world.
It happens on very RARE occasions.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by unmask: 12:40am On Jul 21, 2022
FirstSon01:
As the general elections draw nearer, the citizens look forward to choosing an amiable leader to take the reins of the nation and provide succor to the populace amid the lingering economic, security, religious and ethnic crisis in Nigeria.
A leader that can save Nigeria has emerged. His name is Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the best candidate in the three main parties.

Why you need to vote for Atiku/PDP.

We in the PDP have seen all it takes to move Nigeria forward and our candidate reflects it.

1) Atiku is not tribalistic or religiously inclined.
The other two candidates are very tribalistic and religiously inclined. PO drove northerners from Anambra, they've not forgotten. Tinubu feels christians are inconsequential but Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is a unifier, he married an Igbo Christian wife and has many youths, and a diverse community of people around him.

2) Atiku promulgated the new electronic electoral laws which produced a free and fair system.

3) Atiku us a seasoned businessman who's personal business has done way better than the other candidates. And he did it without using public funds. He hasn't being in power for about 20 years now, he has no political godson that's remitting to him, but he's still rich. He didn't owe workers salaries and save government money in his personal bank. He's not using public funds to bankroll his family.

4) Atiku is smart. He's resource oriented, that's why he doesn't make appointments based on political capabilities but on mental capabilities. That's why he chose Peter Obi in 2019 and Okowa now ahead of Nyesom Wike who is my political leader.

5) Atiku has the best chance to wrestle power from the APC and it's terrible ideologies.

Vote Alhaji Atiku Abubakar for president 2023!
No
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by sunboy(m): 12:42am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

People earning minimum wage usually qualify for subsidized childcare. Public schools are free. What I posted was minimum, most people are doing much better than that.
I don’t know anybody living the hard lives that Nigerians constantly talk about on here.

If your living expenses are so high why don’t you move back to Nigeria?

Haha subsidized childcare you said? You know how long it takes to get those benefits? What state are you in Abeg?

Public school is free from 4-5yrs depending on state, between age 1-5, when mummy and daddy needs to work where do you put the kid? Day care cost average of 600-1000/monthly.

Nobody’s complaining about their living expenses being too high or low… I’m just saying calculating income before taxes don’t work in real terms and they don’t compare at all to a place like Nigeria where most taxes and bills are non existent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:43am On Jul 21, 2022
Nigerians in the diaspora remit $19.2 BILLION to Nigeria every year.

If Nigerians abroad are struggling and living in miserable, poverty stricken conditions then how is such a large sum of money being sent home to their families while the people sending still manage to survive and send?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by sunboy(m): 12:44am On Jul 21, 2022
SeaTrade:
A year or 2?
Which kind play be this?
You'll burn better 7-10 years to catch up,no jokes.
Have you also thought of what he or she could have done in Nigeria in that 10 years growth wise?
If you're young 18-24 without anything substantial or a clear cut achievable vision,you can move.
But anything above that is most likely setting oneself up for a lifetime of "averageness".
No be beans to leave third world country to go and be exceptional in the most capitalist nation in the world.
It happens on very RARE occasions.

Let’s say he’s super smart and have good connect, he will still burn Atleast 2-3yrs lol and remember studying in the Uk is not automatic residency o, unlike Canada that have a straight path to residency.
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Kayyy: 12:45am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

After taxes and expenses, there would be a sufficient amount left to live a very good life and save a bit. Then in February, this same couple would probably receive a tax refund check and if they have any children, they would receive a sizable tax refund of over $5,000 which may double if they had more than one kid.

After taxes $48-50,000
Rent @ $1,000-2,000/month
Electricity, phone, etc $700/month

Even at $48,000 after taxes and $2000/month rent (which can be much lower) and $7000/month expenses, they would still have approximately $15,600 left over.

What about their medical insurance that will cover the family ?
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by KanwuliaExtra: 12:46am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

That isn’t much money, especially with two kids.
All of these people missed the point you made. There is no job security or social safety net in Nigeria. If this person really exists, he can be fired from his bank job on any day and not collect one Naira in unemployment benefits or guaranteed severance.

Exactly!
Forgetting that living in Lagos is not the most economical of places.

Which school will those children attend?

The dude had tasted INSANITY first class and knows he made THE BEST DECISION.
Any country on without security or rule of law is JUNGLE!
Nigeria na country? You can only live for the moment WITHOUT PLANS FOR THE FUTURE.
I don’t know how people can live in a constant state of insecurity and uncertainty.

24 millionN is nothing. Even with 100 million N a year, your problems will never be solved.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by Kraytur: 12:47am On Jul 21, 2022
E get waytin lizard see way make am use him 2 leg run

Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by sunboy(m): 12:47am On Jul 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
Nigerians in the diaspora remit $19.2 BILLION to Nigeria every year.

If Nigerians abroad are struggling and living in miserable, poverty stricken conditions then how is such a large sum of money being sent home to their families while the people sending still manage to survive and send?

You’re using minimum wage as a reference yet you are using a general statistics of money remittances smh

Abeg you get statistics for people who make $15/hr at amazon and how much they remit ?
Re: Nigerian Abandons N24 Million A Year Job, Relocates To U.K by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:49am On Jul 21, 2022
Kayyy:

What about their medical insurance that will cover the family ?

Do people in Nigeria typically have medical insurance that covers the family? How much do they pay per month for it?

In those figures, I actually factored low premium coverage from the Exchange because the scenario I gave was a minimum wage scenario and the cost was lower than the premium for Amazon employees. The majority of people I know have Employer-sponsored health coverage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria / Differences Between Tradesmen And Non Tradesmen As Regards To Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.