Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,492 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:50 PM

Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? (765 Views)

He Slept With A Widow One Week After D Death Of Her Husband. "IS THAT WRONG? / My Girlfriend Prefers Telling My Friend Her Problems. / Telling My Girlfriend "i Love You" Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by sweetme123(f): 1:03am On Jul 30, 2011
Hello everyone. Its me again oh. Well, it happened that since i met my bf who is now my fiance, i told him all about me. All he needed to know because b4 we started our relationship i told him that all i want is a friend. Was not ready 4 a relationship. He happily agreed to be my friend with no intension whatsoever to sleep with me. According to him, he said he was also in search of a true friend. We started dating some months down the road. but b4 then, i downloaded all my experiences, good and bad. i was very comfortable telling him all about me since my mom nd i do not have such relationship. He is my advisor, my teacher, my friend and my fiance. But u know, i heard sometimes its best we women keep some certain secrets to our selves because the man can become a monster tomorrow. embarassed

He is always there for me. He is more than a friend. A father, a mother, a brother nd a sister. Should i minimize the way i run my mouth? i believe if u love someone, and agrees to marry him/her, secrets do not exist. how true is that?
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by nanidee(f): 1:15am On Jul 30, 2011
Well, its a two-way thing. I say this because:

Your telling him every single thing helps him to really love you for who you are, as opposed to loving you for who he thinks you are. Moreover, when you do this, you feel relaxed, because you know you aint got nothing to hide and nothing to defend. No need looking above your shoulders.

But then again, it could backfire on you too, because some childish guys could use your words/stories against you.

Note : The brotherly part of him is rather different from the lovers/boyfriend side, so whereas you may be telling him something as a 'friend', his boyfriend side would start some silly analysis.

My point is BE WISE!!
wink wink
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by iice(f): 6:11am On Jul 30, 2011
I agree with nanidee on the be wise thing.
There are people in our lives who can be trusted with our secrets and others no.
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by InkedNerd(f): 6:32am On Jul 30, 2011
OP, nanidee is right.
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by Mynd44: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2011
Just a little thought, does he tell you everything about him
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by MrsChima(f): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2011
What I don't get is why would you NOT TRUST YOUR FUTURE husband? If you trusted him enough to SAY yes to his proposal why wouldn't you trust him enough to tell him things about you?

I am not saying go in details about YOUR LIFE but keeping things hidden can actually backfire when and if you have a shaky past. Some people have too many bones in the grave that WON'T stay buried.

Be honest with him with COMMON SENSE.
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by claremont(m): 7:36am On Jul 30, 2011
@OP: Whether you tell him or not, he is eventually going to find out about all your hidden skeletons anyway. The mere fact that you are contemplating NOT telling him certain things indicates a lack of trust on your part, which means you don't even know how someone you are marrying reacts to issues.
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by pendo89(f): 8:45am On Jul 30, 2011
^^^
I agree with you.Hidden skeletons will keep popping up every now and then, whenever a situation arises,unless both of you go leave in Space.
The life you lived,the friends,the places you visited, they are all here with us and you will come across them in the course of your relationship/marriage. But be wise because some people have done pretty weird things which may ruin the relationship.
Please disclose some grave details like crime or yeah those really bad things.Those will always come back to haunt you.
If asked I would not hide a thing from a good friend.But I guess its coz I know how I have lived my life.
cheers.
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by sweetme123(f): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2011
@ Nynnd 44, yes he tells me everything about himself. His past and what he is aiming.
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by Mynd44: 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2011
sweetme123:

@ Nynnd 44, yes he tells me everything about himself. His past and what he is aiming.

Good for you. But how are you sure
Re: Telling My Finance Every Single Thing About Me. Is That Wrong? by andyanders: 1:17am On Aug 02, 2011
Poster, go back and check the heading of your subject matter.  Finance or Fiance?

Telling your partner some of your secret is good, but be careful. Only you know where your pant is torn .Keep some of your secret for now. Some men gets funny when they have enjoyed greater part of you. Be wise.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Y We Go Into Relationships / Tiredddddddd Of The Relationship / He Is 23 And Has Never Used The Word ''I Love You''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.