Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity (29492 Views)

Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" / COVID-19: FG To Get $750m Loan From World Bank For States — Zainab Ahmed / Gloomy Outlook For States As Federation Account Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by JosephXavier: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2022
T
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Ajla: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2022
Nice one
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by DEROX: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2022
wink the Adelekes will so much cash out if you know you know

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by newnigerdelta1: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
Trash...

He pain you,if yes the kill yourself
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Moh247: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2022
Good one
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by newnigerdelta1: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2022
Gbogbowa:
They have just woken up after Obi has gotten the solutions, they are welcome

See foolishness

3 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Throwback: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2022
Gbogbowa:

After Tinubu's IPP with Enron in 2000.

Where was Obi then?

This is a victory for Tinubu and his overall fight for State rights vs Federal rights.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by BrodaAgbaya: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2022
IYDigitskill:
Those pushing Obi recognise they're both doing it for tribal sentiment or religious responsibility. https:///errorinpoitics Nigeria is already useless, anybody promising is doing so at his very personal peril Nigeria obtained’t turn to Dubai in a single day! But we are able to get a few matters right on the manner to placed Nigeria on the street to greatness.

ode
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Elliotwaveforec: 11:00am On Jul 22, 2022
The best bill passed by the Senate. Thumbs up!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by SeriouslySense(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2022
smiley smiley Except that they pass laws they dont follow grin grin grin
Promzy99:

exactly what's on my mind.

in PH, my former place of residence, there use to be this man that had generator plants, which he uses to generate n distribute power to about 5 streets in where PHCN has refused to give them power for almost 2years in PH.

do u knw that one day, PHCN mobilized some force men, troops in trucks. they came bundled the man, disconnected all his supply lines, and whisked away with his about 4-5power generating plants...

that was when I realized that it will be very hard for this country to see forwardness...

Am happy with this Bill. Watch as Power Generation will be a thing of competition and its challenges will be crippled.

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by CommonSense1967: 11:01am On Jul 22, 2022
Gbogbowa:
Like Peter Obi-tuary turned Anambra into paradise?
Pls stop clowning.
Peter Obi-tuary will not even win a single local government not to talk of a single state.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2022
Promzy99:

https://dailytrust.com/senate-passes-bill-for-states-individuals-to-supply-grid-electricity

buhari will never assent to this bill.

i can bet my annual salary on it
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by SeriouslySense(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2022
wink wink
MondayOsunbor:

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Parachoko: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Did you read the part where they want the power generated moved to National Grid for distribution? It means we haven't gotten the solution, distribution is a major issue in Nigeria
There is no where in the article what you're saying is stated.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by oyeb15: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2022
Through dynamite, uranium or what
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by badoh(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2022
People should take their time to read and understand the content. They said what is obtainable now is that any power generated by states must be transmitted to the national grid, however, with this new bill, there wont be need for such again.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by adioolayi(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2022
Gbogbowa:

Lol... Listen to Atiku Abubakar if you haven't, Peter Obi was just feeding you with unfounded statistics.

Power generation and Transmission is something PDP started since OBJ era...the reforms was continued with completion of 9 Power generating stations by Jonathan...The next aspect is focus on Transmission...which is stalled by now and that explains collapse of lower grid.

We are generating ..but the transmission lines do not have the capacity to transmit the power generated. The government need to focus on this aspect.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2022
Obi has open their eyes nice one federal government
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Godfullsam(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2022
Long overdue
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
Trash...

Really
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by stanisbaratheon: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2022
If states can generate and distribute their electricity as they wish then we are moving forward.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by saintkeppy(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2022
A welcome development, I have been wondering why FG will prohibit States from generating power &distribute.

Power should be running like Telecommunications companies, States with Capacity to generate&distribute will guarantee steady power supply thereby encouraging economic activities in such states.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Parachoko: 11:08am On Jul 22, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

Should we have a bet? Money does not have to be involve but I will remind you of this when Buhari sign the bill.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by famouscargo4u: 11:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Promzy99:

https://dailytrust.com/senate-passes-bill-for-states-individuals-to-supply-grid-electricity

This is long overdue. Tinubu pioneered generation of independent power plant(IPP) in Nigeria. If it has been sustained by states across the country, by now, we would have been generating a lot and some states, like Lagos, Rivers etc would have been independent.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by donbrowser(m): 11:08am On Jul 22, 2022
Promzy99:

exactly what's on my mind.

in PH, my former place of residence, there use to be this man that had generator plants, which he uses to generate n distribute power to about 5 streets in where PHCN has refused to give them power for almost 2years in PH.

do u knw that one day, PHCN mobilized some force men, troops in trucks. they came bundled the man, disconnected all his supply lines, and whisked away with his about 4-5power generating plants...

that was when I realized that it will be very hard for this country to see forwardness...

Am happy with this Bill. Watch as Power Generation will be a thing of competition and its challenges will be crippled.

There's a statement in that article that says all power generated must be put on National grid or I didn't read well?
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Angelfrost(m): 11:08am On Jul 22, 2022
This should have been the first Bill passed in 2015...
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Reference(m): 11:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Indeed suffering is good for the soul.
Hardship is the only thing that can create common sense in this country and corrode sentiment.
See what has happened to the pricing of gasoline which is now different across Nigeria.
This is what we call restructuring by default.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:11am On Jul 22, 2022
transmit to national grid kee u dia.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Bankowner: 11:11am On Jul 22, 2022
This certainly is a parting gift for all the politicians who have stolen Nigeria dry and are about to resign from politics. They will use cronies and shell companies to invest in the power generation sector and still collect money from govt for doing so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Japan Donates 31 Ambulances To Nigerian Teaching Hospitals / Hadiza Jummai Ali Is Dead! Hameed Ali Loses Wife / Xenophobia: Buhari Receives Special Envoy’s Report, Reveals Next Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.