Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity (29202 Views)

Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" / COVID-19: FG To Get $750m Loan From World Bank For States — Zainab Ahmed / Gloomy Outlook For States As Federation Account Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:
They're changing that now, that's what the bill is taking care of.
Note: 'What's obtainable now' is being changed.

i for say oooh. thankiu
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by kristo123: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
Promzy99:

exactly what's on my mind.

in PH, my former place of residence, there use to be this man that had generator plants, which he uses to generate n distribute power to about 5 streets in where PHCN has refused to give them power for almost 2years in PH.

do u knw that one day, PHCN mobilized some force men, troops in trucks. they came bundled the man, disconnected all his supply lines, and whisked away with his about 4-5power generating plants...

that was when I realized that it will be very hard for this country to see forwardness...

Am happy with this Bill. Watch as Power Generation will be a thing of competition and its challenges will be crippled.

Very true
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by inforesource: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
Trash...
Why did you say thrash? Do you understand the bill?

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by OfoIgbo: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
Commentor:

Will you shut up.

Do you even understand the processes that must be taken before a bill is passed?

Do you know the number readings and commitees that might sit before a commitee report is made?

You cannot pass a bill overnight.

Isn't it conveniently coincidental that Buhari approved 100 million dollars for Siemens to commence operations in fixing Nigeria's electricity mess, and the senate approved a bill to improve Nigeria's electricity process in the immediate aftermath of Obi's trip to Egypt and the revelations he brought to the public space, with regards to how unserious the Nigerian government had been, with matters regarding Nigerian electricity supply?

Immense congratulations to Peter Obi for positively affecting the nation even before 2023.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by lexy2014: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2022
Gbogbowa:
They have just woken up after Obi has gotten the solutions, they are welcome

What solution did obi get?

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by lexy2014: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Isn't it conveniently coincidental that Buhari approved 100 million dollars for Siemens to commence operations in fixing Nigeria's electricity mess, and the senate approved a bill to improve Nigeria's electricity process in the immediate aftermath of Obi's trip to Egypt and the revelations he brought to the public space, with regards to how unserious the Nigerian government had been, with matters regarding Nigerian electricity supply?

Immense congratulations to Peter Obi for positively affecting the nation even before 2023.

Pls what did obi achieve by going to Egypt? What revelation did he bring to the public space?

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Commentor: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Yeah.

Obi also used a car yesterday as a result, the president decided to use a car as well.

Thanks to Obi.

Same Obi was governor for 8 years but did absolutely nothing sbout electricity.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Gabang445: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2022
Ohh!!
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Should we have a bet? Money does not have to be involve but I will remind you of this when Buhari sign the bill.

ok

wait, so this illusion never clear for una eyes yet !
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Godful: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2022
What is obtainable now is that any power that is generated must be put on the national grid for transmission and distribution.”
this is still nonsenze, allow each state generate and distribute without going through national grid. Ded on arrival
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by bdek(m): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Any power generated must be sent to the shocked shocked shocked national grid. this will likely be an issue that will block this progress
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by 81HECTORS(m): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
grin
Believe me, some states may not know what electricity is any more
grin grin grin grin sorry for Abia state.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by olas24u(f): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Gbogbowa:
They have just woken up after Obi has gotten the solutions, they are welcome

Tinubu was the first to bring IPP ,the singular act ,gave birth to this decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by OfoIgbo: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
Commentor:

Yeah.

Obi also used a car yesterday as a result, the president decided to use a car as well.

Thanks to Obi.

Same Obi was governor for 8 years but did absolutely nothing sbout electricity.

Obi was the governor of Anambra state. He was never the president of Nigeria, and was never the minister of power for 7 years.

Now that he is running for presidency, he has confounded all these monkey lookalike and sh!tting president wannabes.

I really thank Peter Obi for exposing the immense rot in the system. Thank God, even this incompetent government is carrying out some actions, as recommended by Peter Obi, in his interactions with the public.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Entanglement: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
Promzy99:

https://dailytrust.com/senate-passes-bill-for-states-individuals-to-supply-grid-electricity
wonderful! I see nepa lossing businesses.
I see light bill reducing.

I see windmill project all around.

That I see in 2050

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by MarketDispatch: 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
MMWandali:
Let's go and start our own private power coy

But how will someone make money if you generate and connect it to national grid?

Should it not be if I generate, I can supply 2000 houses for example and collect money from them
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Fishers2fishers: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2022
Good one
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Parachoko: 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

ok

wait, so this illusion never clear for una eyes yet !
What illusion are you talking about? Even Buhari is in support of this bill.

This is the only way for us to remedy this power situation while also working on a nation wide solution to it.

I hope the National Assembly will work on and pass the bill as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by MMWandali: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
MarketDispatch:

But how will someone make money if you generate and connect it to national grid?

Should it not be if I generate, I can supply 2000 houses for example and collect money from them

Of course, that will be your contribution to National electrification

Even from 200 houses,
.. and you expand gradually
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by yommygift15: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
The only reasonable bill in this administration if scale through.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by adeolamighty: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Did you read the part where they want the power generated moved to National Grid for distribution? It means we haven't gotten the solution, distribution is a major issue in Nigeria
Exactly what I was thinking too. Nigeria cannot move forward when what the Federal government wants is moving our wealth and resources to the centre.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by deleo16(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Promzy99:

exactly what's on my mind.

in PH, my former place of residence, there use to be this man that had generator plants, which he uses to generate n distribute power to about 5 streets in where PHCN has refused to give them power for almost 2years in PH.

do u knw that one day, PHCN mobilized some force men, troops in trucks. they came bundled the man, disconnected all his supply lines, and whisked away with his about 4-5power generating plants...

that was when I realized that it will be very hard for this country to see forwardness...

Am happy with this Bill. Watch as Power Generation will be a thing of competition and its challenges will be crippled.

waooo
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by loswhite(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Did you read the part where they want the power generated moved to National Grid for distribution? It means we haven't gotten the solution, distribution is a major issue in Nigeria
Go and read again
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Powersurge: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
Trash...

Explain!
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by do4luv14(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Go and read that part again, this time slowly,

"What is obtained now", is not in the bill, or is it

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Rick9(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
Awesome bill. Let the competition commence, this would force the discos to sit up.
Bunch of rascals.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by do4luv14(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
What illusion are you talking about? Even Buhari is in support of this bill.

This is the only way for us to remedy this power situation while also working on a nation wide solution to it.

I hope the National Assembly will work on and pass the bill as soon as possible.

The NA should not work on anything, they should pass the bill Asap,

What is there to work on again, or you want them to inserted clause that will now render the bill useless, as they had been doing before
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by capnies: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
Mrkumareze:

HE SAID NOW THAT IS WHAT IS OBTAINABLE, BUT THE BILL WILL ALLOW STATES N COMPANIES TO GENERATE AND DISTRIBUTE. READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by decub: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
So they expect me to invest heavily in power, generate it, and put it on the National Grid? We still haven't gotten there. Why not the excess instead?
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by nesphil(m): 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
Power Generation is not the major problem but Power transmission and Power Distribution. States like Akwa Ibom whose Power Plant @Ibom Power Company Limited is generating more megawatts than the State can consume, doesn't have problem with Power Generation but, they have problem with Transmitting to the National Grid by Transmission Company of Nigeria(TCN) and then, the DISCOs will now decide when to give them their light and when not to give them their light. So as they are still talking about generating and sending the power to the national grid is a sign that the problem is still not going to be solved. What they should do to solve the problem is to; give States the power to Generate, Transmit and Distribute their power.
Promzy99:

https://dailytrust.com/senate-passes-bill-for-states-individuals-to-supply-grid-electricity
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Johnboom: 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
I am already generating power for my home. I don't depend on national grid. Solar to the rescue. We even generate our water ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Presidential1: 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2022
As long as it will be put on the national Grid... Them never wan solve our power problem .. shikinan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Wont Support Jonathan, He Can't Win - APGA Lagos Chapter / Is President Buhari Now Speaking In Tongues?, By Audu O. Audu / Zulum, Abdulrahman And Kashim Shettima Visit Seyi Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.