Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity (29208 Views)

Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" / COVID-19: FG To Get $750m Loan From World Bank For States — Zainab Ahmed / Gloomy Outlook For States As Federation Account Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by openmine(m): 12:35am On Jul 23, 2022
Commentor:

Yeah.

Obi also used a car yesterday as a result, the president decided to use a car as well.

Thanks to Obi.

Same Obi was governor for 8 years but did absolutely nothing sbout electricity.
In fairness to Obi and other present or former governors,it wasn't profitable or sensible to build a generating plant only to be instructed by the FG that such generation must go through the national grid in accordance to a constitution that puts power generation, transmission and distribution on the exclusive list...in other words,power supply is under the control of the FG!
With the bill signed into law,states governors wont need to build Gencos,they will just issue licenses to private power companies who will provide gencos,trancos and discos for the citizens of that state while remitting taxes to the state government!

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by openmine(m): 12:36am On Jul 23, 2022
Godful:
What is obtainable now is that any power that is generated must be put on the national grid for transmission and distribution.”
this is still nonsenze, allow each state generate and distribute without going through national grid. Ded on arrival
That is what we presently have now which the bill has already corrected!
Read from the start of the content!
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by openmine(m): 12:39am On Jul 23, 2022
decub:
So they expect me to invest heavily in power, generate it, and put it on the National Grid? We still haven't gotten there. Why not the excess instead?
Na wa for una ohh cheesy
Abeg go read the contents again

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by openmine(m): 12:42am On Jul 23, 2022
writeprof:
What is obtainable now is that any power that is generated must be put on the national grid for transmission and distribution.”

This statement rubbishes that Bill! Which national grid? Who does business like that?
Read the content again!

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by openmine(m): 1:03am On Jul 23, 2022
Na wa ohhh grin grin grin
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by chigoizie7(m): 3:17am On Jul 23, 2022
Gbogbowa:
They have just woken up after Obi has gotten the solutions, they are welcome

Bro, this bill is trash ooh, the major problem with power in naija is not generation but transmission.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by chigoizie7(m): 3:25am On Jul 23, 2022
Promzy99:

exactly what's on my mind.

in PH, my former place of residence, there use to be this man that had generator plants, which he uses to generate n distribute power to about 5 streets in where PHCN has refused to give them power for almost 2years in PH.

do u knw that one day, PHCN mobilized some force men, troops in trucks. they came bundled the man, disconnected all his supply lines, and whisked away with his about 4-5power generating plants...

that was when I realized that it will be very hard for this country to see forwardness...

Am happy with this Bill. Watch as Power Generation will be a thing of competition and its challenges will be crippled.

Lol, bro there is a clause in that bill, that whatever you generate must be added to the national grid, from what you have narrated, the problem was not generating power but transmission and sabotage. If you generate 1kw and then add it to the national grid, even that areas where your plant was situated might not have light without transmission.

Imagine a village of over 500 homes using a 300kva that is supposed to be be loaded 247? Do you think it can work? If they like let them generate over 1000megawats , if there is not proper transmission, na still nonsense. How many transformers in Nigeria is bought by phcn or discos? 90% were bought by individuals including the cables for the wiring. Baba we still have a very long way, how many people in naija have prepaid meters? How many people will check mate the illegal connections done by people?
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Tundex911: 3:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Funny enough all those money to implement since 1960 son enter water

Fuvk administrations
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Whizkay(m): 6:23am On Jul 23, 2022
Businesses who generate electricity for their own use can now sell excess electricity to neighbors for extra income. It means a lot of houses and estates can also go off the grid and generate their power. I hope the bill gets signed as quickly as possible

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by ajailer(m): 6:40am On Jul 23, 2022
openmine:

Bro please read the statements before the highlighted...Suswan was referring to the current system of electricity transfer through the national grid!

Thanks mate for correcting my wrong impression, now I fully understand what the bill is really about. grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by ajailer(m): 6:41am On Jul 23, 2022
erico2k2:

I think the wordings is wrong.What they meant is what is on ground now as at today.So they have said nothing new rather than tell us some Discos have been taken over by banks.I saw this coming anyway cos I cnt see them making any money

Thanks, now I got it
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by k2money(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2022
chigoizie7:

Lol, bro there is a clause in that bill, that whatever you generate must be added to the national grid, from what you have narrated, the problem was not generating power but transmission and sabotage. If you generate 1kw and then add it to the national grid, even that areas where your plant was situated might not have light without transmission.

Imagine a village of over 500 homes using a 300kva that is supposed to be be loaded 247? Do you think it can work? If they like let them generate over 1000megawats , if there is not proper transmission, na still nonsense. How many transformers in Nigeria is bought by phcn or discos? 90% were bought by individuals including the cables for the wiring. Baba we still have a very long way, how many people in naija have prepaid meters? How many people will check mate the illegal connections done by people?
Don't discourage people with your low compression. What is obtained now is to transmit to the grid and the bill is about to abort that.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2022
The foools gave Siemens $100m for the distribution end. The question is; is distribution the problem, or electricity generation is the problem?
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 23, 2022
MMWandali:
Let's go and start our own private power coy

More like power decoy.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Promzy99:

exactly what's on my mind.

in PH, my former place of residence, there use to be this man that had generator plants, which he uses to generate n distribute power to about 5 streets in where PHCN has refused to give them power for almost 2years in PH.

do u knw that one day, PHCN mobilized some force men, troops in trucks. they came bundled the man, disconnected all his supply lines, and whisked away with his about 4-5power generating plants...

that was when I realized that it will be very hard for this country to see forwardness...

Am happy with this Bill. Watch as Power Generation will be a thing of competition and its challenges will be crippled.

You never realised all the while that the main function of govt in Nigeria is to make sure the country doesn't work?

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by chigoizie7(m): 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
k2money:

Don't discourage people with your low compression. What is obtained now is to transmit to the grid and the bill is about to abort that.

Until it does, for now, whatever I wrote was based on what’s on ground.

We know how long it took them to finally pass this bill, only God knows how long it will take them to abort that clause as you said.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by k2money(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
chigoizie7:

Until it does, for now, whatever I wrote was based on what’s on ground.

We know how long it took them to finally pass this bill, only God knows how long it will take them to abort that clause as you said.
Let say it the way it is not twisting the news.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For States, Individuals To Supply Electricity by crazymommy(f): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:

They're changing that now, that's what the bill is taking care of.

Note: 'What's obtainable now' is being changed.

You this scammer...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila / CBN Worries Over Low Participation Of South East In Its Intervention Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.