Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku (27912 Views)

Atiku 100% Group To Deliver Over 2 Million Votes / 2023: PDP Can Win Without Wike, Atiku Tells Party’s BOT / Wike: Atiku Is An Elder, I Am The Most Experienced Of All The Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by AyakaDunukofia: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku is indirectly saying that Wike's denial of being Igbo relegated him to another level of a minority within the minority. Atiku needs every one vote from across the Geopolitical zones.

Wike no doubt is an Ikwerre man just as Ifeanyi Okowa is an Ika. But the two groups belongs to the ethnic Igbo language cluster. So the Hausa Fulani and the rest of Nigeria were taken aback when Wike attempted to lecture Nigerians that his names Ezebunwo Wike were not rooted in Igbo language. It caused an outrage. Thus, Atiku took another proud SouthSouth Igbo 'who can deliver'. in an election every single vote will matter so much.

4 Likes

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by WhizdomXX(m): 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
papmanxion:

As a delta state young man, best I can tell you is watch and see �
As a fellow Deltan, I tell you that pdp will not win Delta State in 2023.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by lordswill03: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
Wike will not like this
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by WhizdomXX(m): 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
AyakaDunukofia:
Atiku is indirectly saying that Wike's denial of being Igbo relegated him to another level of minority within the minority. Atiku needs every one vote from across the Geopolitical zones.

Wike no doubt is an Ikwerre man just as Ifeanyi Okowa is an Ika. But the two groups belongs to the ethnic Igbo language cluster. So the Hausa Fulani and the rest of Nigeria were taken aback when Wike attempted to lecture Nigerians that his names Ezebunwo Wike were not rooted in Igbo language. It caused an outrage. Thus, Atiku took another proud SouthSouth Igbo 'who can deliver'. in an election every single vote will matter so much.
A fulani will not succeed another fulani. Maybe in Kano it can happen. But not in the Nigerian federation.

1 Like

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by gidgiddy: 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
When Wike denied being Igbo, he made it impossible for anyone to pick him as VP

1 Like

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
Bomboiy:
One thing I am grateful for is that Atiku didn't pick Wike,Okowa will not even deliver Delta state.
If dream where another party win PDP in presidential election in Delta State, you don't need a prophet to tell is a malaria dream
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by bayelsaowei(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
See insult... grin
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Gunayo(m): 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
OLADD:

Nothing will happen. Atiku will win southsouth with or without Wike.
E go soon clear for your eyes. Keep hallucinating.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Myhusband(m): 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
Atiku opening wike wound

I've to be factual with the readers here, if Atiku had pick Wike, this election would have been a force contest, I mean wike will replace the loss of PDP in south south and southeast given the fact that some southeast and part of igbo speaking communities in south south will vote massively for PDP if PO is still in PDP

but with PO out of PDP, kwankwanso out of PDP, kwankwaso possibly working for APC, there is no how Tinubu will lose this election even if he pick traditionalist traditionalist as running mate
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by kernniejay(m): 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
Kingnelson9:
So Wike cannot deliver?
What a shame ! I suggest that Wike should decamp to LP because that's the winning party for the presidency next 2023.

These three are formidable, Osinbajo, Wike and Peter Obi. But Osinbajo is in a wrong party, Wike is under-utilized and last hope is PO.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Babastrong(m): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
[quote author=Totilopussylick post=114971043] Atiku also noted that he was driven by passion to serve the country. “I’m driven by passion and desire to give back to this country, I’m driven by the passion to give back to this country because of what the country has done for me.

After you and Obasanjo ruined Nigerians future For your own selfish interests.

You are now driven by passion to come back for more. You and APC will fail woefully tongue undecided tongue.
[ When atiku and apc are sinking, they will take peter obi along. Because there's no room for Biafra agendas in nigeria. We want a unifier. ]
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Adrian98(m): 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
WhizdomXX:

HE SHOULD OO.
NO OOOOOOO
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by prizeless(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2022
Itts so clear Atiku does not know what he is talking about
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by OderaOdesigo: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2022
Maxymilliano:

I find this demeaning and disrespect to Gov. Wike

Atiku's response only succeeded in exposing is level of intelligence in managing tricky situation as this. his response was supposed to douse the current situation and calm frey nerves but this type of reckless statement above can only aggravate the cracks in the party

Thank you so much, my brother. I’m really shocked at the sort of interview he did - throwing stones at almost everybody in this way.

The issue with Okowa’s selection goes deeper:
1. Why constitute a committee when it was apparent Olowokande was your choice from the beginning. He made people feel like their time was wasted.

2. Okowa was the one who connived with Obaseki and Duoye Diri to betray the agreement of all the Southern governors that power must return to the South in 2023.

That act of betrayal hurt Wike and many southern governors very badly. How can you expect them to now rally round such a person? It is complicated. How do you set a deterrent when you allow people to profit from the betrayal of their own peoples’s interests?

Meanwhile, Maximiliano, I remember say me and you rack well well last time around. I no know say you get sense like this. I forgive you sha cheesy grin grin
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by lovinagbad: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Atiku's response only succeeded in exposing is level of intelligence in managing tricky situation as this. his response was supposed to douse the current situation and calm frey nerves but this type of reckless statement above can only aggravate the cracks in the party

Why are you against his decisions. He said he picked who can deliver. BAT also chose who can deliver, the hell broke loose. Get your PVC instead of making noise online
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
I still believe Nigeria is this bad because of we the citizens.

Look at the way the people of Sri Lanka protested and fought for their right.

Believe me, nobody will do anything about this nonsense. I'm getting tired of this country.

How can they increase it from ₦5000 to ₦40000, the minimum wage is not even up to ₦40,000.

I still want to understand why the stuff will cost up to ₦40000, cause I am not understanding at all.

In a sane Country, people will protest hard for the IGP to resign or for him to be sack for this madness.

Buhari is a total failure. I'm sure he does not know most of what is happening in Nigeria sef. All his appointees just dey do anyhow.

Buhari has totally destroyed the country beyond redemption.
I honestly don't see any way the damages can be reversed.
We do not have the liver for Sri Lanka type of protest.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by LAFOCUZY: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2022
Lurdmax10:

https://punchng.com/i-picked-who-can-deliver-over-wike-atiku/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1658479423

Perhaps the unsaid reason is that given the tribal nature of Nigerian politics, Wike is a bad fit for Atiku. In my view he took a Niger Delta guy from Ibo extraction with the hope of winning votes from both south south and south east. It's as they say a political calculation.

Wike had made an open comment I read somewhere that he is not ibo despite ikwerre his ethnic people speak an extraction of ibo language and could be cousins. That statement and the fact he said that he is not looking to be vice president and some not very considerate comments he made about Atiku during the primaries might have been a strong argument for Atiku to come to that determination.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by lincs25(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
Is because you don't know. Go and do research
OLADD:
Stop spewing rubbish. If this was true why didn't Buhari revoke the contracts and the licences from him.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Otunbakayce: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2022
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Nwaetche(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
I must admit that you are probably 101% correct!

I am surprised that most commentators are not picking this salient point or rather ignoring this obvious point you have made.

Wike killed his political career the day he made that statement. It is good to ride on local sentiment "Ikwerre is not Igbo" in Rivers local politics characterised mostly by Upland/riverine diachotomy (otherwise subtle Igboid/Ijoid political jingoism -though no one dare say that openly). Wike was so naive to use that narative in National Politics where alliances are required and WAZOBIA ethnic affiliation unfortuantely are still formidable.

Like the Ikwerre's everyone knows that an average Ika person uses the same sentiment in local Delta politics but when they go on national most foremost politicians burnish their larger Igbo credentials to be taken serious by other larger ethnic groups. For instance, Obi Wali was a successful IKwerre politician because he managed the local Ikwerre/Rivers primordial ethnic sentiments much better. He is Ikwerre in Rivers but an Igbo at the national level. He was successful because he got huge support from Zik and other Igbo leaders during his time. Eze Woluchem was a foremost Ikwerre monarch but he used his Igboness to get Zik and Ebitu Ukiwe to help him get Bayelsa exercised in a way that favours the Igboid polical clusters till today.

Ameachi is more smarter. His political failures was belonging to APC which has been historically not popular in SE/SS geopolical zone due to hatred for Buhari type of politics of exclusion. I would never have recon how a supposedly experienced politician like Wike should make that statement ( I’m not Ibo) in public.

Granted he was forced by circumstances of IPOB but he could have stylishly withdrew or denied making such statement or say he was misquoted. He kept wearing Igbo Attire but his political opponents kept bringing up the topic. Tell me if you are an Atiku, would you want to go for someone that is antagonistic of his larger Igbo family in this context or rather a non-controversial personality who will not derail your compaign on issues about his ethnicity.

It is on record that Okowa just like other Igbo governors has been against IPOB and Biafra but they never went overboard of denying their Igbo heritage like Wike. IPOB just as other agitators as we all know is more of a political organisation rather than Igbo project as most Igbo elites do not support them. Other Nigerians including an ethnic Fulani like Atiku fully understand the tribal make-up of Nigeria and the political imperative of balancing.

The Fulani has always exploited this right from the days of Sarduana till Shehu Shagari. Buhari's attempt at alienating a major Ethnic group like the Igbo has being one of the reasons his government has been failing. He got distracted due to this fundamental error and we are seeing the result.

Wike is currently popular because he can throw money around. He would probably fade away once the election is over. His overbearing attitude is another major factor. He is a hugely divisive personality and does not have good relationship with Akwa Ibom, Edo and Bayelsa governors due to his seemly overbearing attitude.

In Rivers state, he has practically alienated the Ndoki's of Oyigbo, the Etches's and other Igboid group except his Ikwerre ethnic nationality. His foray in Ali Ekpeye is due to his wife coming from there and he does not fail to rob it on proud people of Ali Ekpeye's face that he is helping them because of his wife.

All his infrastructural development are mostly concentrated in his native Obio/Akpo forgetting that Obio/Akpo voting strength does not only come from the natives but mostly from other Rivers people and residents. His success has always been on exploiting the tribal faultlines in Rivers and people historical preference for PDP. He believe that money can buy everyone. He will soon be out of power and will not have any hand on the Rivers State treasure. As of today, PDP will win Rivers gubernatorial election due to the aforementioned reason and Labour will win Presidential.

As mentioned in one of my former quotes, PDP will win locally not just because of Wike alone but because of Rivers based tribal identity politics and PDP historical antecedent. His choice of SIM Fubara will also play a role in this context. Simi, the party's gubernatorial candidate is from Opobo/Nkoro and will be contesting mainly with an ijoid candidate from Kalabari. The Igboid group will be voting for Simi due to linguistic affinity which the PDP has historically exploited since 1999 and which will definitely come into play again.

After the election Wike would be consigned mainly to the murky back waters of Rivers politics and would likely loose influence. I do not see him humbling himself and working with his protégé Simi.

I am rather looking forward on how he would survive after 2023 with his brand of politics.

AyakaDunukofia:
Atiku is indirectly saying that Wike's denial of being Igbo relegated him to another level of minority within the minority. Atiku needs every one vote from across the Geopolitical zones.

1 Like

Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by erico2k2(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2022
Maxymilliano:

And they said Wike was too rude.wike atiku would have been likke PMB and Idaigbon govt.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by erico2k2(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
Nwaetche:
I must admit that you are probably 101% correct!

I am surprised that most commentators are not picking this salient point or rather ignoring this obvious point you have made.

Wike killed his political career the day he made that statement. It is good to ride on local sentiment "Ikwerre is not Igbo" in Rivers local politics characterised mostly by Upland/riverine diachotomy (otherwise subtle Igboid/Ijoid political jingoism -though no one dare say that openly). Wike was so naive to use that narative in National Politics where alliances are required and WAZOBIA ethnic affiliation unfortuantely are still formidable.

Like the Ikwerre's everyone knows that an average Ika person uses the same sentiment in local Delta politics but when they go on national most foremost politicians burnish their larger Igbo credentials to be taken serious by other larger ethnic groups. For instance, Obi Wali was a successful IKwerre politician because he managed the local Ikwerre/Rivers primordial ethnic sentiments much better. He is Ikwerre in Rivers but an Igbo at the national level. He was successful because he got huge support from Zik and other Igbo leaders during his time. Eze Woluchem was a foremost Ikwerre monarch but he used his Igboness to get Zik and Ebitu Ukiwe to help him get Bayelsa exercised in a way that favours the Igboid polical clusters till today.

Ameachi is more smarter. His political failures was belonging to APC which has been historically not popular in SE/SS geopolical zone due to hatred for Buhari type of politics of exclusion. I would never have recon how a supposedly experienced politician like Wike should make that statement ( I’m not Ibo) in public.

Granted he was forced by circumstances of IPOB but he could have stylishly withdrew or denied making such statement or say he was misquoted. He kept wearing Igbo Attire but his political opponents kept bringing up the topic. Tell me if you are an Atiku, would you want to go for someone that is antagonistic of his larger Igbo family in this context or rather a non-controversial personality who will not derail your compaign on issues about his ethnicity.

It is on record that Okowa just like other Igbo governors has been against IPOB and Biafra but they never went overboard of denying their Igbo heritage like Wike. IPOB just as other agitators as we all know is more of a political organisation rather than Igbo project as most Igbo elites do not support them. Other Nigerians including an ethnic Fulani like Atiku fully understand the tribal make-up of Nigeria and the political imperative of balancing.

The Fulani has always exploited this right from the days of Sarduana till Shehu Shagari. Buhari's attempt at alienating a major Ethnic group like the Igbo has being one of the reasons his government has been failing. He got distracted due to this fundamental error and we are seeing the result.

Wike is currently popular because he can throw money around. He would probably fade away once the election is over. His overbearing attitude is another major factor. He is a hugely divisive personality and does not have good relationship with Akwa Ibom, Edo and Bayelsa governors due to his seemly overbearing attitude.

In Rivers state, he has practically alienated the Ndoki's of Oyigbo, the Etches's and other Igboid group except his Ikwerre ethnic nationality. His foray in Ali Ekpeye is due to his wife coming from there and he does not fail to rob it on proud people of Ali Ekpeye's face that he is helping them because of his wife.

All his infrastructural development are mostly concentrated in his native Obio/Akpo forgetting that Obio/Akpo voting strength does not only come from the natives but mostly from other Rivers people and residents. His success has always been on exploiting the tribal faultlines in Rivers and people historical preference for PDP. He believe that money can buy everyone. He will soon be out of power and will not have any hand on the Rivers State treasure. As of today, PDP will win Rivers gubernatorial election due to the aforementioned reason and Labour will win Presidential.

As mentioned in one of my former quotes, PDP will win locally not just because of Wike alone but because of Rivers based tribal identity politics and PDP historical antecedent. His choice of SIM Fubara will also play a role in this context. Simi, the party's gubernatorial candidate is from Opobo/Nkoro and will be contesting mainly with an ijoid candidate from Kalabari. The Igboid group will be voting for Simi due to linguistic affinity which the PDP has historically exploited since 1999 and which will definitely come into play again.

After the election Wike would be consigned mainly to the murky back waters of Rivers politics and would likely loose influence. I do not see him humbling himself and working with his protégé Simi.

I am rather looking forward on how he would survive after 2023 with his brand of politics.

Bro long statement short.Okowa just used Delta state to secure a huge loan.money to be spent on election.Wike refused.tkt handed to Okowa as he hands in 120B.ontop Deltans head.end of topic.Ignore all the gibrish Atiku is chatting bout.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by PharmacyStore: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
Okay let's see how this plays out
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by DeleTaller: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Do you know Obi has just 2 cars?, just a single wrist watch and few pairs of shoe? Obi has always been prudent and highly principled, this is the type of man Nigeria needs, a man that can handle the economy with tight fist. Vote Peter Obi and Nigeria will get its status back in the league of great nations. Our health sector will be revived, jobs for teeming youth and corruption totally eradicated.

But Obi is not principled enough to live in Anambra but ran to Lagos to hide his head with his family. Obi was not principled enough when he invested state money in his family business.. Obi was not also principled enough when cash of 250million naira found in his car and IGP had to forced him to deposit the money back in Anambra account. Obi was not principled enough when he used the SARS to kill the youths in his state. Obinna is not an Obidient fellow but someone who knows how to brainwash his mumu followers.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by egbetokuns(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Do you know Obi has just 2 cars?, just a single wrist watch and few pairs of shoe? Obi has always been prudent and highly principled, this is the type of man Nigeria needs, a man that can handle the economy with tight fist. Vote Peter Obi and Nigeria will get its status back in the league of great nations. Our health sector will be revived, jobs for teeming youth and corruption totally eradicated.

Na OBI house u dey stay?
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by ponishah: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Assume you are Atiku, give us your ideal answer -------
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by Ofolete: 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
After Obi, Atiku is my candidate.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by ponishah: 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2022
Lurdmax10:
I hope this statement seats well with Wike.

How could anyone say Okowa can deliver over Wike?
And you are who again?
You think you are wiser abi?
And you know better than Atiku and others?
And hell yes, Okowa will deliver more than Wike, wait and see.

If you all saying this, are really humans from this planet you would not have thought of Wike for Atiku.
If Wike really has the value of dignity that you push to him, he would not have ever stooped that low seeking to deputize who he contested against.
It is ridiculous!
How could Wike have done that? You dont go begging your fellow contestant to accept you as his bestie, who does that?
In 2018, Wike fought like hyena for Tambuwal against Atiku for PDP's presidential ticket.
four years after, same Wike contested and fought like tiger against this same Atiku for PDP's presidential slot; has WIKE ever been on the same page with Atiku?
How can you choose someone who is always fighting against you as your deputy?
How can you also, attempt to convince your perennial political adversary to accept you as his running mate.
Una dey reason at all?
To me ATiku made the best choice and I will Vote him because of Okowa, that's my choice
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by garfield1: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
emmykk:

Peter obi will win Anambra state but you see all those other state he will struggle in them.

PDP will clear everything.

PDP stand 67% winning the next election

With ss and se,divided, the chance is lowest
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by ponishah: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
Gunayo:
Don't mind him. He will soon see the result of his comments during the presidential election in South South especially Rivers State.
Story,
no be only one vote you get?
As if PDP candidates in other elections will work for you.
Southsouth will vote for PDP as usual, Obi will get small, end of story.
Re: I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku by ponishah: 6:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Lol

In terms of performance, okowa does not com close to Wike

Well, am glad Atiku will never get the numbers of votes he got in 2019 in the South South.

Even if the PDP will win, the margin won't be up to 10%.
Which performance?
Start listing them ..... lets compare, dont say what you cant prove simply because of hate.
Una go just dey make una ogogoro joint blind argument.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Response When Asked How To Make Nigeria Productive (Video) / Okupe: Obi Won’t Attend Debates Where Tinubu, Atiku Are Absent / "From Mami Wata To Money Water" - Lalong Praises Tinubu's Creativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.