Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket (25732 Views)

Emmanuel Bwacha Denies Backing Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War / David Abioye Lists Qualities Of A Pesidential Candidate That Should Be Voted For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2022
lovinagbad:
By the time Tinubu wins, Christians should not be shouting that they are marginalized like Biafra people because you never voted for BAT

As much as I find the hue and cry over muslim-muslim ticket to be declasse....the fact is, in Nigeria, you cannot get many things done without the assurance that someone who shares your religion or your tribe is holding a top job.

That's why people are angry with Tinubu.

You would be annoyed if it was Osibanjo and a christian vp holding apc's ticket.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Heterodox(m): 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
So that's how Jesus taught this businessman.

By their fruit you shall know them
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
Heterodox:
So that's how Jesus taught this businessman.

By their fruit you shall know them

Has nothing to do with busienss, and everything to do with access to jobs, contracts, projects, etc.

Nigeria is that type of country where you cannot attract a project to your community unless someone comes from the area, or at least shares the same religion.

All this arises from the fact that we run an economy based on oil...not one based on taxes and manufacturing. That means that whoever is in charge has the means to provide benefits for his people...be it village, tribe or religion...from the sharing of the oil money.

A Muslim will say the same thing about APC choolsing a christian-chrisitain ticket. At the end...it is all about the kudi. They will even throw in tales of how the evil Muslims are comming to islamise them, or how the Chrsitains have had a plan to christianise Nigeria in place since 1994....

Keeep in mind that them pastors and imams have flocks to cater for, and if the flock feels left out of the sharing of the national cake because their son is not 'in seat', they then advocate for their flock.

It's wrong. (I've just finished criticisng it on this thread) But this is Nigeria. Where my home village did not get a certain project until someone who came from a nearby village got elected as governor....and immediately....
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by whizzler: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2022
Aidejay:

Your god only knows how to stop people's political ambition.

8 years Buhari was there and a pastor was beside him. But your god didn't stop Buhari's heart so that his chosen one and royal priesthood can become president.

See mad reasoning!!!
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Heterodox(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Has nothing to do with busienss, and everything to do with access to jobs, contracts, projects, etc.

Nigeria is that type of country where you cannot attract a project to your community unless someone comes from the area, or at least shares the same religion.

All this arises from the fact that we run an economy based on oil...not one based on taxes and manufacturing. That means that whoever is in charge has the means to provide benefits for his people...be it village, tribe or religion...from the sharing of the oil money.

A Muslim will say the same thing about APC choolsing a christian-chrisitain ticket. At the end...it is all about the kudi. They will even throw in tales of how the evil Muslims are comming to islamise them, or how the Chrsitains have had a plan to christianise Nigeria in place since 1994....

Keeep in mind that them pastors and imams have flocks to cater for, and if the flock feels left out of the sharing of the national cake because their son is not 'in seat', they then advocate for their flock.

It's wrong. (I've just finished criticisng it on this thread) But this is Nigeria. Where my home village did not get a certain project until someone who came from a nearby village got elected as governor....and immediately....
I agree with you.

It's business for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by seunayantokun(m): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2022
The terrorists party go collect.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Ojuntana: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
Subsidywise20:

It is what most of you screaming about it imply. That's how politics is played. You don't use exact words at all.

Also, what I get from most of the people screaming Muslim-muslim is that in the event Tinubu wins, it means that Muslims will try the islamisation project....

The same argument was made under Buhari....

All in all, I am tired of hearing the religion excuse...Muslim or christian, and it annoys me most Nigerians cannot see past religion.,
Again!! Putting words in people's mouth just so you can nail them to the cross. Did CAN say Muslims are evil or Babachir Lawal for example who has been one of the supporters of Tinubu presidency? Do you mean asking for your rights from those who seek to deny you of your rights means you hate them? I'm sure you're one of those who opposed Endsars protest. Double faced people like you are not easy to spot especially with your shenanigans? Asking for a mixed faith ticket in a religiously sensitive country like Nigeria is not because of hatred. It is to foster peaceful coexistence and a sense of belonging without which there can be no meaningful progress. Get it straight. And I don't know who you've been talking to but opposition to the Muslim Muslim ticket is to prevent relegation of a large section of the society to second class citizen, giving them a voice where it matters most and not any islamization. Buhari who was accused of Islamization had a Christian VP. So maybe you should change the company you keep.

I am not voting for Tinubu.
I'm sure you expect me to believe that while it can be easy for me to say that is what you imply with your outburst against CAN. I can also say almost all those I know who have opposed CAN do so because they intend to vote Tinubu so I count you as one of them. You see how it is now?

And then CAN too should take your advice. As should MURIC, and most of you Obidients.

As for me, I am not voting for TInubu, Obi, Atiku or Kwakwaso. APC and PDP memebrs they are...and they are responsible for the mess our economy is in right now. No thank you, and I am no bigot.

I'm Obidient? And you know that because.... See how you easily label people but pick offense when you're labelled. If you are not voting them then campaign for your preferred candidate instead of attacking people who are expressing their preference.

So, why are ye voting for Datti Ahmed as Obi's VP...is he not the same religion as those where gilrs were kidnapped...

Plus girls are kidnapped in predominantly Chirstian southern Nigeria. Should you complain if a Muslim throws this argument back at you?

You see why I spoke the way I speak?

Again!! How did you arrive at Obi/Datti as my voting choice man?!! You're really a case in jumping guns.
Your argument here is silly as it is very inept. Can you mention anywhere in Southern Nigeria where girls have been kidnapped on account of their faith? I thought you're smarter than this?!!

CAN is free to choose who they want to choose...but for consistency sake, they should not support any party that does not run a christian-chrisitian ticket...otherwise it would be hypocritical.
In one breath you say CAN is free to choose and in the next breath you give conditions for them to choose. Yet you are preaching against hypocrisy grin grin What exactly are you on about?

Ah, the guy thinks I am a demon. Rwoar!
Well, only a demon accuses people unjustly just like Satan did to Job. CAN is preaching against same faith ticket and you condemn them for not preaching against mixed faith ticket. Can you tell me what exactly you want CAN to support? Is Christian-Christian not same faith? It's obvious you guys just want to attack CAN because you can not because you have any cogent point.

Well, I want Nigerians to vote for a party that isn't APC, PDP, LP, NNPP or SDP. If we can vote in a completely new set of people...like in ADC or PRP....then we can see if they do better than the old.

ADC grin grin Do you know the presidential candidate of ADC? Dumebi Kachikwu. Younger brother of Ibe Kachikwu former minister of state for petroleum who refused to remove fuel subsidy and get our refineries working. He was once accused of tax fraud in the US and was once arrested by EFCC for a bribery saga in Delta state.
So you see, you're just going about forming enlightened and sanctimonious but actually not better than the average gbenga on the street. You denigrated LP, SDP and highlighted ADC whose present candidate has links to APC grin grin So much for your big big grammar.

The thing is, you Christians are too afraid. You do not know the power you hold from serving your God.

Vote for Obi. But don't pretend that voting for Obi means you are voting against Islam, when a Muslim is his VP. Or that it makes thee a better christian than those of us who want nothing to do with either Obi or Tinubu or Atiku.
No sir. We are not afraid. We are only watchful and vigilant because it is people who say all's well when a fire is burning on their roof that end up consumed by it!
I might vote Obi and I might not. But don't demonize those who vote Obi as hating Islam or whatever wacked theory you have up your jaundiced brain. Since you prefer Dumebi Kachikwu grin grin, I wish you best of luck but leave CAN alone to fight for we Christians as we expect them to and as the SCIA also does for Muslims
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by aribisala0(m): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2022
Pierohandsome:
Abiola happened to be the first Yoruba to play this politics of religion,he chose a Muslim deputy in the person of Kingibe,even though people voted him,he won but never ruled. God stopped him because he was trying to go against Christians.

Now Tinubu,another Yoruba is repeating same mistake,even if he wins,he won't rule. Same way God stopped MKO Abiola, He will stop Tinubu too. Infact the people have already stopped Tinubu.

It is pathetic that even core northern Muslims and Fulanis respect Christians more than Yoruba Muslims.

The only thing God sees to stop in Nigeria is Muslim Muslim ticket of Abiola??
. God thought Abacha was a better option?
That same God does not stop herdsmen kidnapping or all the other evil in Nigeria but is interested in Nigeria once it comes to Muslim Muslim ticket? After 62 years what has God done for Nigeria that is positive? All you can say is God stopped Muslim Muslim ticket
God will not help Tinubu and he will not stop him . Do not bring God into politics childishly.
Why did that same God not give you sense
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Whois(m): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
Read what you wrote, you agree one Nigeria is a scam too?

lovinagbad:
By the time Tinubu wins, Christians should not be shouting that they are marginalized like Biafra people because you never voted for BAT
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by kingyakos: 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
Bluezy13:

Including cajoling...or rather manipulating the congregation to vote your choice simply because the religious reservation they have for portfolio, I guess ?
That's what is playing out here.

Bros, u don't have to blame the religious leaders, their faith has been tampered with, something has been misplaced and with the daily killing of Christians which sprouts through politics. You and me don't know who's the next victim, it might be someone related to us or our friends and if the uprising of the Christians will put an end so be it . MM tickets means disunity
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Fahdiga(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
Sunday2021:
I am from kaduna that is why iam against this Muslim Muslim ticket with all my life. El rufai succeeded in bringing Muslim Muslim ticket because of a high level of rigging that took place in 2019. Now the present apc governor candidate also go for a Muslim Muslims tickets. I don't want Nigeria to go the same way kaduna did. In kaduna we have 23 local government areas. The ratio in terms of major religion is 12:11. But these same people decided that Christians who are majority in 11 local government don't deserve to be deputy governor.
If Tinubu succeed in his Muslim Muslim ticket then Christian should know that no Christian will ever rule this country. Turkey was a Christian country but now is an Islamic country with sharia been practiced.
I say again! Any Christian that vote for a Muslim Muslims ticket of APC will carry a generational curses to his family.
You made sense here. Clap for yourself.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Sunday2021: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
You made sense here. Clap for yourself.
hahahaa, I always make sense.
I am against Muslim Muslims ticket
I am against ipob
I am against division of the country.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Fahdiga(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2022
Sunday2021:
hahahaa, I always make sense.
I am against Muslim Muslims ticket
I am against ipob
I am against division of the country.
Trash. You are not even against Boko Haram meaning you are one of them.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Bluezy13(m): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
kingyakos:

Bros, u don't have to blame the religious leaders, their faith has been tampered with, something has been misplaced and with the daily killing of Christians which sprouts through politics. You and me don't know who's the next victim, it might be someone related to us or our friends and if the uprising of the Christians will put an end so be it . MM tickets means disunity

My dear, Tinubu is not the president elect.
If they don't like him, they should not vote him. It is as simple as that.
Instead of manipulating the masses not to vote him. After all, their God always has a plan and whatever will be the outcome is according to his will.
Isn't that what Christianity teaches ?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Dorakay93(m): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
Bluezy13:

You lack understanding.
You are deluded by your own reasoning alone.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by wowcatty: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
Ika tan ka la ko lo nka koko, meaning the way you harvest okra isn't the way you harvest cocoa. Though Eko will always be but Lagos will be reduced to rubble and your lineage can finally go home.
and you can finally face your demons chasing you out of your region.

As if that will stop you from insulting the Muslim religion and their prophet in less than 1 hr.
Pierohandsome:

Now Tinubu,another Yoruba is repeating same mistake,even if he wins,he won't rule. Same way God stopped MKO Abiola, He will stop Tinubu too. Infact the people have already stopped Tinubu.

It is pathetic that even core northern Muslims and Fulanis respect Christians more than Yoruba Muslims.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Bluezy13(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2022
Dorakay93:

You are deluded by your own reasoning alone.

You just told me your problem.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
Subsidywise20:

No response, therefore mockery.

Good afternoon. The way you terrorists and muslims cry on about.....
No to Druggie-Terrorist.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by PharmacyStore: 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
Very interesting
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Bloodofthelambo: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
Bluezy13:
Which fire

“We have never tried to introduce religion into politics, but if they introduce it, we will tackle it."

But you are introducing politics into religion.

The church is now a platform for political rigmarolin. Every cleric ceasing opportunity to smuggle in political sentimentality during sermons.
with all due respect madam, shut your mouth,
Muslims can mobilise for their Muslim candidates but Christians should fold hand and allow minority religions choose who leads them.? Nosense
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Dikegodspower(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
Danielle09:
Every NEWS condemning Tinubu is always making front page

Cant Nairaland just be neutral

It should make front page because Tinubu should be condemned and stone to death for blasphemy, but our God is a merciful God
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2022
Newton2024:
No to Druggie-Terrorist.

I agree.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Dorakay93(m): 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2022
Bluezy13:

You just told me your problem.
Someone is telling his congregation the exact ways things are ,u said he's manipulating them. He shud have folded his hands or tell them otherwise.
If he tells them otherwise, u will still come here and say otherwise.
How else do u want him to conscientize his church members
Nonsense thinker wey u be!!!
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Goldymafia: 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
Bluezy13:
Which fire

“We have never tried to introduce religion into politics, but if they introduce it, we will tackle it."

But you are introducing politics into religion.

The church is now a platform for political rigmarolin. Every cleric ceasing opportunity to smuggle in political sentimentality during sermons.
oga shutup and look at the state of the nation before you cap rubbish....religious unrest everywhere and u choose one religion to represent everybody how does it make sense
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Goldymafia: 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Good

Since the new line is that we should condemm Mulsim-muslim ticket of APC

1.Let Bishop Abioye also condemn Peter Obi for choosing a Muslim vice presidential candidate...since it shows he is working hand in glove with a muslim.

2.Let him also condemm Okowa for agreeing to be Atiku's VP , since he is serving a muslim

3.Let him also condemm Bishop Idahosa for agreeing to be Kwankwaso's VP, since he is serving a muslim too.

4.Let him condemm all their supporters who are christians, for supporting a Muslim candidate

Because that is the logical conclusion from condemning APC's muslim-muslim candidate.

Before anyone starts...I ain't voting anyone from APC or PDP because they have left this country in a mess, and that includes Obi and Kwankwaso. Especially Tinubu because he was not that great as a governor of Lagos, and he still has issues...including Alpha beta and so forth.

And no, I am no APC supporter. I support candidates who will

1.Remove subsidies on fuel and petrol completely. Not partially

2.Remove subsidies on power....

3.Actually fight corruption.

4.Improve or have a plan to improve our tax to gdp ratio.
pick a Christian and our right in this nation is protected that what's we are after
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2022
Goldymafia:
pick a Christian and our right in this nation is protected that what's we are after

God is the guarantor of our rights, not a 'Christian leader'

Otherwise, Buhari would be by Christian standards a good leader, since he guaranteed rights of christians would be protected by choosing Osibanjo as his VP.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Goldymafia: 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
christistruth01:

A Challenge was put to Oyedepo with Withnesses on hand to deny that he and his first wife had lived in Ilorin and that Oyedepo fled to kaduna after he told his in-laws that she had died till today he has not yet produced her dead body neither does anyone know where he buried her

Oyedepo is yet to deny it
bros xtians have move pass this your lies...go relax he no dey work again
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by FullBlastLight: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2022
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by FullBlastLight: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
Aidejay:

Your god only knows how to stop people's political ambition.

8 years Buhari was there and a pastor was beside him. But your god didn't stop Buhari's heart so that his chosen one and royal priesthood can become president.

Mumu!cool
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Bluezy13(m): 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
Goldymafia:
oga shutup and look at the state of the nation before you cap rubbish....religious unrest everywhere and u choose one religion to represent everybody how does it make sense

You are stúpid.
Don't mention me again, you are not worth my attention.
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by FullBlastLight: 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
Danielle09:
Every NEWS condemning Tinubu is always making front page

Cant Nairaland just be neutral

Sharrap!

Mumu! cool
Re: Bishop David Abioye Condemns Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Bluezy13(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
Dorakay93:

Someone is telling his congregation the exact ways things are ,u said he's manipulating them. He shud have folded his hands or tell them otherwise.
If he tells them otherwise, u will still come here and say otherwise.
How else do u want him to conscientize his church members
Nonsense thinker wey u be!!!

You mentioned the wrong person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Loved Up Photo Of Wike And His Wife / Segalink Shares Video Of El-Zakzaky Preaching Against Killings, Nigerians React / Barr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor Petitions Police CP; ACP; Emeka Ofor To British Authority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.