Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit (42783 Views)

Festus Keyamo Reacts As Atiku Loses To Buhari At The Supreme Court / Atiku Loses Polling Unit To Buhari / Atiku Loses 800,000-Member South-West Campaign Group To Buhari, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by IbileIfe: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Both him and Tinubu will eventually lose to labour party in the next presidential elections in Nigeria tongue
Ignoramuses,
Majority of the voters with PVC are located in predominantly Islamic northern Nigeria and over 90% of them are not on the internet and unfortunately for Peter Obi the only political party logos they identify are the umbrella of the PDP and the broom of the APC.
They don't know much about the Labour Party.
It does not resonate with them.

Peter Obi is busy masturbating on Twitter, Facebook and Nairaland dancing "Soapy" with his "Obidients" while Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is already ahead in grassroots social community mobilization and sensitization of majority of the voters with PVCs in the south west and northern Nigeria through their wards.

Unfortunately for you and your fellow Ignoramuses, Peter Obi cannot campaign in the south east as Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is campaigning in the south west and northern Nigeria.

Majority of the Christians and Muslims in Nigeria will vote for the APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by ogatboy(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2022
Megabig:

He lost his own booth to an opponent that is not from his booth or even local government. How una de take defend people sef. Haba

Don't mind them. Someone that has never won his local government in ay election he contested. He's a serial looser, a title he'll carry to his grave

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Anetorfavour: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2022
vicdom:

Read again, this time, slowly, don't be in a haste, you will understand that you and the person you quoted are on same page.
nor vex my guy carry vawulence come thinking say na agbado urchin, e nor no say na e fellow comrade e dey para for
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Anetorfavour: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2022
Mirriamvic:

Atiku doesn't lie.
Besides, his Twitter account is being managed by probably a manager from South.
saying he Atiku doesnt lie is like saying Portable doesnt like talking too much. That alone is a paradox
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by solomon36670: 11:41am On Jul 23, 2022
I am laughing. I just dey laugh!I am laughing. I just dey laugh!...
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2022
Jack500:

This sore loser!

February is here, Tinubu will win Borno and Yobe next year in Atiku region, you will see
Sharaappp!! I am not the shamelessly beaten last Saturday
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2022
Carmal90:

If things stay as it is today.
LP can't win any North Central state..
Just my prediction
You are obviously not acquainted with exactly how things are today
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Enyimbafc: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

No region votes based on sentiment as much as the South East.

For them, it is PDP, and always PDP. Put Osama in PDP against Nnamdi Azikwe, and they will vote PDP (and by extension, Osama).

The most predictable region as far as politics is concerned.

In Anambra state, it is APGA (regionally) and PDP (nationally).
All these foolish kids that start voting in 2019.In 2011 which party won in Imo state.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Indispensable85(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

Buhari got 30k plus.it was Enugu he got 50k

Buhari did fairly well in the south east in 2019. I see Tinubu doing better there in 2023. The Apc structure in the south east is getting stronger.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

Apc will win or come second in nasarawa.pdp has no structure in niger
You and your nonsense analysis.PDP has no structures in the Niger state it ruled for 16 years?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2022
Indispensable85:

Buhari did fairly well in the south east in 2019. I see Tinubu doing better there in 2023. The Apc structure in the south east is getting stronger.
cheesy grin with Muslim Muslim ticket and a strong Peter Obi candidature?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
On what basis will Tinubu win NC a Christian majority region that have been ravaged by Fulani herdsmen terrorists which the incumbent APC government allowed to roam about freely?

Most APC supporters are only banking on using the power of incumbency to rig the election, which they call political structure, nothing else.

So my permutations are mostly based on INEC delivering at least 80% free and fair election in 2023, if not then Tinubu might likely win via massive vote rigging and vote buying
Elections can no longer be rigged.Tinubu does not have the capacity to buy votes across the country
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by twilliamx(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2022
Amumaigwe:

This one you did not express support for Yekini Amoda Ogunlere, it is like you don dey shame small for the guy's tattered political image.
Lol werey. I no get candidate oo.. I Don tire...
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

Elections cannot be 80% free everywhere,say 50%.north central is not Christian majority.kwara and Niger are Muslim dominated,kogi has slightly more Muslims.benue is 95% christian,plateau is 80% Christians,abuja is 50 50.if kwara and Niger gives tinubu bloc votes,he wins nc considering that other states wi share votes
Oga with the new electoral law the elections will be 95% free and fair and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do about it
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Throwback: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2022
Omonieme:
And, this is why I laugh whenever people claim the 2019 elections were rigged and why Atiku's comical case of an Inec server where he won will still always baffle me. Like dude, you lost your polling unit, narrowly won ur state with less than 2 percent and the elections generally followed predicted trends. There's no where Atiku ought to have won that he didn't win. Core north, Buhari won as predicted. I was actually surprised by the low margin of victory Buhari recorded in the SW. And yet they thought Atiku won. Lol. Someone who stayed on the queue, his own people saw him and still didn't vote for him. How's that possible sef? Me, I'll win my polling unit in any election I'm standing for. And as for Kwankwaso, that one na another noise maker. Someone who as the incumbent senator lost his senatorial election thinks he stands a chance for presidency.

I'm even more surprised than you that the same Southerners and Northern Christians that carried Atiku is cumming on INEC server on their heads, are the ones now inadvertently admitting that he wasn't politically strong compared to Buhari that defeated him.

They have finally admitted the truth about the 2019 elections that Atiku lost fairly.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Ojuntana: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

You have correctly captured everything.it is what I have been trying to point out all this while.tinubu will thrash him up north.cc kyase,ojuntana,fergie001, majole
You will just swallow things without logically analysing it.
The person you quoted said:
1. Atiku is not fulani. He made this allegation without proof and failed to mention his tribe. He then claimed he's from a micro- minority. Well, Shettima is also from a minority tribe. Besides that, Atiku is already well known across the North based on his political antecedents while Tinubu is relying on the Buhari-induced APC popularity.
2. Atiku is a moderate Muslim. While that might be true, Tinubu is also regarded as such.
Shettima who is expected to back him up is not also regarded as extremist in the mould of an El-Rufai for example. In the NE where both hail from, who is the bigger name between shettima and Atiku?
3. He already agreed that BAT is easily seen as the most corrupt politician today while Atiku is second to him so I don't see how that works against Atiku.
Now, Tinubu, if he wants to win MUST win the North. He does not have the luxury OBJ or GEJ had of being popular in the South. In fact I've said it, if Tinubu wins, he'll be the first president in Nigerian history who won without support of the zone he represents.
But he has to do that by winning in both NE, NC and NW. This he will be the first to beat a big politician in his own zone.

Whether he'll be able to do this is left to be seen but from facts on ground presently, Tinubu does not hold any advantage over Atiku in the North. Maybe things will change when campaign starts though

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by garfield1: 11:55am On Jul 23, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

You and your nonsense analysis.PDP has no structures in the Niger state it ruled for 16 years?

In presidential elections,has pdp ever won Niger state? Which popular leader does pdp have in Niger state?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Indispensable85(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

cheesy grin with Muslim Muslim ticket and a strong Peter Obi candidature?

My brother those who will vote for him will still do so. Those who will not vote him will never do eventhough he picks the Pope as running mate. The voting pattern of next year will come with lots of shockers. Most of the noise makers crying about Muslim-muslim ticket are those who'll never vote Tinubu. Why bother about them? The man has adopted his winning formula, let's see who's politically smarter by next year when the results will be read.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by leokid866: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2022
Enyimbafc:
All these foolish kids that start voting in 2019.In 2011 which party won in Imo state.
APC did not win Imo.....it was court judgement that installed Uzodinma, which is why our SE brothers have been calling him supreme court governor.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Enyimbafc: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jack500:

Which run off, are you talking about? Has their been any run off in any presidential election?
You guys don't know politics,
If APC win SW + NW, what's remaining again this region has the highest voters in Nigeria.

And how will Obi win north Central, you have not explain that
The 5 core yoruba states apart lagos have the lowest number of registered voters in the country about 9,721,921 as of 2019 upon having one of the highest number of non indigenes in those states who also register for pvc.While south east with the lowest number of non indigenes has about 10,057,131 registered voters.Lagos has the highest number of voters in Nigeria about 6million+ thereby increasing southwest number of registered voters.Most of this voters are non indigenes residing in lagos e.g igbos,hausa,ijaws etc.Remove non indigenes voters cards,and sw will be competing with Katsina in number of register voters.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by volid79644: 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Gfhf

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by afesco: 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Indispensable85:

You must have failed mathematics in high school. How's 50k votes 1% of the total votes cast? Lol......
But I agree with you that Atiku is not as strong in the north as people are presuming.
His Mathematics teacher should be blamed.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by twilliamx(m): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
kelly72:

Obi increased the IGR:
Because workers in the State began to receive their salaries regularly as at when
due, tax deductions also regularly swelled government revenue. Revenues from
changes in land administration, market management and transport sector reforms
contributed immensely to the revenue base of the State. These reforms were done
with a human face in order not to put undue pressure on citizens unlike other places
where State government see poor citizens as cash cows.

Obi used money:
Because Peter created massive IGR, plugged almost all looting loopholes and channeled
funds into the right places, he was able to put songs of praise on the lips of every Anambrarian;
Anambra still has the best network of inner city roads, rehabilitated and rebuilt both
infrastructure and curriculum in primary and secondary schools resulting in the State churning
out the best performance in both WAEC and JAMB all through his reign and beyond, turned many
general hospitals around, supported SMIES and attracted giant manufacturers such as Innoson, SabMiller
Imbaev BV and the Orient Refinery ongoing at Otuocha.

Obi saved money:
As workers were never being owed, infrastructure was being built, schools and hospitals being
rebuilt, re-equipped and modernised, businesses running smoothly in a well secured Anambra and
looting of public money had been blocked, Obi found time and resources to save for the future of
the children of the State, every responsible government or individual saves, only drunkards argue
about that so don't worry when you hear them say it was a bad thing for Obi to save.

In 2007 while leaving office, the then Lagos State governor hurriedly passed a law awarding himself and
any other ex governor nearly N1 billion[ as yearly pension. Almost every other governor in Nigeria at that time
followed suite and did the same approving humongous sums for themselves as pension.

In 2014 when Peter Obi was leaving office as governor of Anambra State, he refused to pass this law and refused
to collect any pension from the State till today. He said it would be criminal to abuse public trust that way
by taking away billions from the ordinary people of Anambra after they paid him salary for 8 years.

Obi never took any land belonging to Anambra State. Who else can boast that about his former governor??
There was no security vote for him during his tenure. Who else can boast that about his former governor??
There was no office of first lady. Who else can boast that about his former governor??
Neither him nor any of his commissioners was ever indicted or charged by EFCC, ICPC or Police. Who else can boast that about his former governor??

So who among the top 3 presidential candidates for 2023 election really LOVES the Nigeria people?

Be the judge.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arbiterz.com/can-peter-obis-economic-records-stand-a-data-challenge/

https://www.nairaland.com/6963772/anambras-poor-igr-obi-obiano/5#115005798

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-igr-between-obi-and-obiano/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/ngos-give-reasons-for-poor-igr-in-anambra/amp/

No be me talk am. Check some of the date. The truth is most people supporting obi are just doing so based on sentiment. The man is the most incompetent of the lot

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Enyimbafc: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
leokid866:
APC did not win Imo.....it was court judgement that installed Uzodinma, which is why our SE brothers have been calling him supreme court governor.
Oga i am talking of 2011 Rochas win under apga.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by System202: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Acidosis:

You can simply look up voting patterns in Christian and Muslim populated areas. I won't be surprised if Atiku won the majority votes in Southern Kaduna too.

Shut up, Adamawa Muslims voted for Atiku in 2019 its just that he lost his polling unit, Now that Buhari is not on Ballot those that supported Buhari will comeback to support Atiku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by YourMrBoo: 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bar1941:
He won his polling unit under PDP, a party that has structures but can never win it under LP, a structure less part. That is the simple fact Atiku stated and you guys should understand this.

If it's by structure, why haven't pdp win the gubernatorial elections of Anambra state abi the structure no like win Guber elections now!?!

APGA + APC faced Obi in that election yet he ganered 94% of the total vote count. This speaks volume of Peter Obi personality and what his personality can do for him.

Stop foolish cappings
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by YourMrBoo: 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
Igboslayer:
Haha hahaha hahaha Obituary people are still labouring grin grin grin

Obituary people!?!

Well To shock you, Obidients are still alive and well with their dignity in tact bc there is dignity in labour.

It's an irony that tinubu urchins who don't like to labour but push drugs are now dead and buried with their obituary poster posted in osun government house.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by franchasofficia: 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Elections can no longer be rigged.Tinubu does not have the capacity to buy votes across the country
We can't be too sure. Vote buying and rigging using security and inec is still possible.

I don't want to reveal how election can be rigged even with the BVAS, it will give criminals an idea

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Giftexx: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sowore won his pu too..
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by TheGift: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
hurryup123:
But this time around Buhari is not contesting

Good point. But it is still a major issue, when a man cannot win His polling Unit.

It's like saying a musician cannot sell his album to His own family, friends and Neighbors. It means even the people that know you the most don't rate you. It's shameful.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by 2loadedguy: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Carmal90:

Obi will win North Central?
Lol
Even me laughed out when I saw this. How will Obi win 25% in kwara, kogi, nasarawa and Niger that's predominantly Muslim states.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess / Petrol Price Will Crash In One Month — Marketers / Governor Adeleke Attends Davido’s Timeless Concert In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.