Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,494 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit (42786 Views)

Festus Keyamo Reacts As Atiku Loses To Buhari At The Supreme Court / Atiku Loses Polling Unit To Buhari / Atiku Loses 800,000-Member South-West Campaign Group To Buhari, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Bilabong(m): 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mirriamvic:
Election are not won on social media
I kept wondering what they meant

Thank you Atiku for clarifying that.
90%of northerners are not on social media in this 21st century.
They enslaved their own people and keep them of social media for their Political gains.

Chief was that election conducted online?
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by kelly72: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
twilliamx:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arbiterz.com/can-peter-obis-economic-records-stand-a-data-challenge/

https://www.nairaland.com/6963772/anambras-poor-igr-obi-obiano/5#115005798

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-igr-between-obi-and-obiano/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/ngos-give-reasons-for-poor-igr-in-anambra/amp/

No be me talk am. Check some of the date. The truth is most people supporting obi are just doing so based on sentiment. The man is the most incompetent of the lot

Lol....na today APC politicians have been sponsoring mock news in the newspapers to try to reduce Obi?
Find an Anambra person around you and ask okay. We are talking about feats that are real, not Joe Igbokwe fictions.

Igbos don't praise or follow politicians, but if you find one politician they are praising, join them, the man is real.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Indispensable85(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
afesco:

His Mathematics teacher should be blamed.

Lol....... maybe he's the one that didn't pay attention.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Jack500: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Enyimbafc:
The 5 core yoruba states apart lagos have the lowest number of registered voters in the country about 9,721,921 as of 2019 upon having one of the highest number of non indigenes in those states who also register for pvc.While south east with the lowest number of non indigenes has about 10,057,131 registered voters.Lagos has the highest number of voters in Nigeria about 6million+ thereby increasing southwest number of registered voters.Most of this voters are non indigenes residing in lagos e.g igbos,hausa,ijaws etc.Remove non indigenes voters cards,and sw will be competing with Katsina in number of register voters.

Thrash and balderdash. So Lagos is a South south state abi? Your sense will return in February

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by AminuRano87(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Omonieme:
And, this is why I laugh whenever people claim the 2019 elections were rigged and why Atiku's comical case of an Inec server where he won will still always baffle me. Like dude, you lost your polling unit, narrowly won ur state with less than 2 percent and the elections generally followed predicted trends. There's no where Atiku ought to have won that he didn't win. Core north, Buhari won as predicted. I was actually surprised by the low margin of victory Buhari recorded in the SW. And yet they thought Atiku won. Lol. Someone who stayed on the queue, his own people saw him and still didn't vote for him. How's that possible sef? Me, I'll win my polling unit in any election I'm standing for. And as for Kwankwaso, that one na another noise maker. Someone who as the incumbent senator lost his senatorial election thinks he stands a chance for presidency.

Kwankwaso didn't contest for Senate in 2019. He contested for presidential ticket in PDP and when he lost to atiku he didn't contest for Senate. He put Hon. Aliyu Madaki as senatorial candidate of PDP in his constituency.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by DontBullshitMe: 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Acidosis:

This just shows that Northern Muslims are truly extremists and their extremism is kinda disgusting and barbaric.

How can Muslims in Adamawa vote Buhari in 2019 against Atiku? This is not about Atiku's personality or what he failed to do. Nigeria was already a mess in 2019.

The truth is if Buhari decides to come back again, he'll still win in the north. That's how barbaric and ediotic some of them are.
You are calling people "barbaric" and "idiotic" for their voting decisions?

Honestly, I think you need to look into a mirror for the real definition of the word.

Shameful.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by JealousCobra(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
hurryup123:
But this time around Buhari is not contesting

Obi will reciprocate what Buhari did there, does Atiku have value- voters in his state??

Obi was the reason Atiku got up to 12+m votes across the nation in 2019, and he knows it but won't admit it publicly.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Enyimbafc: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jack500:

Thrash and balderdash. So Lagos is a South south state abi? Your sense will return in February
Do you see were i wrote south south or u can't see again.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Enyimbafc: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jack500:

The total number of votes from Anambra state,is greater than the total number of votes Apc and Buhari got to win sw.The difference is about 270k votes
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by 2loadedguy: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
Soso990240:
Same thing i have been saying.. even if Obi doesn't win(which i don't pray for), Atiku is definitely not winning. i am yet to know where Atiku will get his block votes from. Allowing Obi to leave was wrong.. but i know Wike,Ugwuanyi(Enugu) and other Wike supporters forced Obi out of PDP to give Wike edge in the Presidential primaries and VP slot.. now everything don backfire. Na Atiku go come suffer d lose. I am yet to know d region where Atiku will get his major votes from.
You have sense bro, atiku will not even win in the NE where he came from. The major voting blocs are the kanuri states like borno and yobe where shettima is from. Tinubu deliberately chose shettima to counter Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by twilliamx(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
kelly72:

Lol....na today APC politicians have been sponsoring mock news in the newspapers to try to reduce Obi?
Find an Anambra person around you and ask okay. We are talking about feats that are real, not Joe Igbokwe fictions.

Igbos don't praise or follow politicians, but if you find one politician they are praising, join them, the man is real.

Na u Sabi... Mock news since 2010? Why bother
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by ursullalinda(f): 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
vicdom:

Read again, this time, slowly, don't be in a haste, you will understand that you and the person you quoted are on same page.

Hahaha upper cut......you won't kill me with laugh
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by snapshot: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

The votes belonged to PDP, and not because Obi was running mate.

In 2007, Ojukwu was on the ballot, and yet he was beaten in the Southeast by Yar'Adua, a Northern Muslim.

Obi is not even popular outside Anambra state.
ok,no wahala,by God's race you and I shall be alive to see the outcome of 2023 results.In 2018 a was vigorously campaigning for Atiku,but in 2023 I am Obidient and millions of Nigerians too,will vote Obi.If the truth must be told the emergence of Obi will affect the fortunes of PDP more than it will affect any other party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Oluwalifted: 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Both him and Tinubu will eventually lose to labour party in the next presidential elections in Nigeria tongue
Dreamer!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by ifycoly: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
exactly my brother. this will tell us what's going on. https://twitter.com/SalifuAhmed_/status/1550511122599534598?s=19.
snapshot:
ok,no wahala,by God's race you and I shall be alive to see the outcome of 2023 results.In 2018 a was vigorously campaigning for Atiku,but in 2023 I am Obidient and millions of Nigerians too,will vote Obi.If the truth must be told the emergence of Obi will affect the fortunes of PDP more than it will affect any other party
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by RexTramadol1: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
Parachoko:
Atiku is also overestimating himself.

At least he’s still sure of top 2

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by RolexOfGeneva(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Megabig:

He lost his own booth to an opponent that is not from his booth or even local government. How una de take defend people sef. Haba
Buhari lost in Aso rock to Atiku. So what's the big deal now?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Acidosis(m): 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

You are calling people "barbaric" and "idiotic" for their voting decisions?

Honestly, I think you need to look into a mirror for the real definition of the word.

Shameful.

Your voting decision can be ediotic. If you take pride in voting a man that chooses (either by his actions or inactions) to make your life miserable, then you and your voting decisions are barbaric.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Soso990240(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

No region votes based on sentiment as much as the South East.

For them, it is PDP, and always PDP. Put Osama in PDP against Nnamdi Azikwe, and they will vote PDP (and by extension, Osama).

The most predictable region as far as politics is concerned.

In Anambra state, it is APGA (regionally) and PDP (nationally).
That's shows u don't know them, u clearly talking out of sentiment. Rochas in APGA defeated an Ohakim incumbent Governor in PDP. Peter Obi in APGA defeated Mbadinuju an incumbent Governor in PDP. Ibos voted for Obasanjo in PDP, a party founded by Ekwueme.. even when Ojukwu was contesting, not for sentiment, but because of June 12 and what i means for our democracy.. even ibos voted for Abiola too. Even Ogbonnaya Onu stepped down for a Yoruba man to contest in their party. Now, Ibos voted massively for Yaradua massively, because it was the turn of the North and based on his credibility. So, where is the sentiment in all that? Seems u are still an underage that doesn't know history..go and study ur history book
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Slurity(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Both him and Tinubu will eventually lose to labour party in the next presidential elections in Nigeria tongue
Whoever think Obi will win any state in Yoruba land and Northern Nigeria is leaving in the past around 52 years ago. Great joke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by buckeyemedia: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
Soso990240:
That's shows u don't know them, u clearly talking out of sentiment. Rochas in APGA defeated an Ohakim incumbent Governor in PDP. Peter Obi in APGA defeated Mbadinuju an incumbent Governor in PDP. Ibos voted for Obasanjo in PDP, a party founded by Ekwueme.. even when Ojukwu was contesting, not for sentiment, but because of June 12 and what i means for our democracy.. even ibos voted for Abiola too. Even Ogbonnaya Onu stepped down for a Yoruba man to contest in their party. Now, Ibos voted massively for Yaradua massively, because it was the turn of the North and based on his credibility. So, where is the sentiment in all that? Seems u are still an underage that doesn't know history..go and study ur history book
Peter Obi a true definition of a real political hobo, after he won his polling unit for pdp, he still ran away from the party, like he ran away from APGA?
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by buckeyemedia: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
Slurity:
Whoever think Obi will win any state in Yoruba land and Northern Nigeria is leaving in the past around 52 years ago. Great joke
These ipobians turned Obidients only reason from a biafra state of mind.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by ebbo(m): 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
Obi will win Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa, get good vote in Kogi. Northcentral is a Christian majority region and Fulani herdsmen terrorists have killed them enough so they can't massively for Atiku neither will they vote a Muslim-Muslim- Muslim ticket.

Tinubu will win Kwara state only in the North central, bookmark this page

This is not true my brother, pdp or Peter obi can only win benue,taraba and Plateau in North Central. Tinubu will win in Nasarawa, Niger,kwara and kogi.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
We can't be too sure. Vote buying and rigging using security and inec is still possible.

I don't want to reveal how election can be rigged even with the BVAS, it will give criminals an idea
Oga it can't be rigged.Take that to the bank
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by ebbo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:

North Central?

Kwara, APC will win, PDP 2nd
Benue, LP will win, PDP 2nd
Plateau, LP will win, PDP 2nd
Kogi, APC will win, PDP 2nd
Niger, PDP will win, LP 2nd
Nassarawa? LP will win, PDP 2nd

Lol funny u,how can pdp win in Niger state? No one knows lp in nassarawa state,i repeat nobody knows peter obi nassarawa. U guys are dreaming wallahi. Nasarawa with an APC governor and with Muslims majority. Maybe there is one Nasarawa in South east that we don't know of.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by afesco: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Indispensable85:

Lol....... maybe he's the one that didn't pay attention.
It is possible because even my little baby won't make dt kind of error because u don't need to be good at mathematics to knw percentage
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by majole: 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ojuntana:

You will just swallow things without logically analysing it.
The person you quoted said:
1. Atiku is not fulani. He made this allegation without proof and failed to mention his tribe. He then claimed he's from a micro- minority. Well, Shettima is also from a minority tribe. Besides that, Atiku is already well known across the North based on his political antecedents while Tinubu is relying on the Buhari-induced APC popularity.
2. Atiku is a moderate Muslim. While that might be true, Tinubu is also regarded as such.
Shettima who is expected to back him up is not also regarded as extremist in the mould of an El-Rufai for example. In the NE where both hail from, who is the bigger name between shettima and Atiku?
3. He already agreed that BAT is easily seen as the most corrupt politician today while Atiku is second to him so I don't see how that works against Atiku.
Now, Tinubu, if he wants to win MUST win the North. He does not have the luxury OBJ or GEJ had of being popular in the South. In fact I've said it, if Tinubu wins, he'll be the first president in Nigerian history who won without support of the zone he represents.
But he has to do that by winning in both NE, NC and NW. This he will be the first to beat a big politician in his own zone.

Whether he'll be able to do this is left to be seen but from facts on ground presently, Tinubu does not hold any advantage over Atiku in the North. Maybe things will change when campaign starts though

Who is this guy? The most unbiased analysis I've seen from a Nigeria
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Ratorichie(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=vicdom post=114994169][/quote].

Labour Party has been in existence for over a decade. They even won a governorship election through Olusegun Mimiko in ONDO STATE.
When Atiku decamped to Action Congress, the party was barely a year old. I can remember vividly, that decampment suddenly catapulted that Party to National Consciousness.
Despite having an existential running battle with his then Boss, Obasanjo, who vowed that ATIKU'S Name will not be on ballot and had him disqualified by INEC.
This disqualification was overturned by the SUPREME COURT just 9 days to the Presidential polls and with millions of ballots printed without His name, ATIKU CAME A CREDITABLE THIRD WITH OVER 3 MILLIONS VOTES.
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE RUSHING TO THE PUBLIC TO EMBARRASS YOURSELF.
ATIKU IS A POLITICAL HEAVYWEIGHT ANY DAY!
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Igboslayer: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
YourMrBoo:

Obituary people!?!

Well To shock you, Obidients are still alive and well with their dignity in tact bc there is dignity in labour.

It's an irony that tinubu urchins who don't like to labour but push drugs are now dead and buried with their obituary poster posted in osun government house.

This thing really pain you oooo continue to LABOUR in vain…children of hate and perditions. Zoogerian looking for votes in Nigeria…you weep as usual.

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by colonelwealth(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=vicdom post=114994169][/quote]

God bless you for telling the truth.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Soso990240(m): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Peter Obi a true definition of a real political hobo, after he won his polling unit for pdp, he still ran away from the party, like he ran away from APGA?
Intelligent people will always tell u that a political party is just a vehicle to ur political destination. Once u see that their ideology contradicts Urs, leave the party.. But most of una no dey intelligent enough to know that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess / Petrol Price Will Crash In One Month — Marketers / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.