Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit (42791 Views)

Festus Keyamo Reacts As Atiku Loses To Buhari At The Supreme Court / Atiku Loses Polling Unit To Buhari / Atiku Loses 800,000-Member South-West Campaign Group To Buhari, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Carmal90(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:

North Central?

Kwara, APC will win, PDP 2nd
Benue, LP will win, PDP 2nd
Plateau, LP will win, PDP 2nd
Kogi, APC will win, PDP 2nd
Niger, PDP will win, LP 2nd
Nassarawa? LP will win, PDP 2nd
If things stay as it is today.
LP can't win any North Central state..
Just my prediction

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by garfield1: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
Obi will win Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa, get good vote in Kogi. Northcentral is a Christian majority region and Fulani herdsmen terrorists have killed them enough so they can't massively for Atiku neither will they vote a Muslim-Muslim- Muslim ticket.

Tinubu will win Kwara state only in the North central, bookmark this page

Tinubu will win niger and kogi
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Carmal90(m): 11:00am On Jul 23, 2022
Jack500:

This sore loser!

February is here, Tinubu will win Borno and Yobe next year in Atiku region, you will see
Atiku might win ondo,osun, and oyo in South west

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by garfield1: 11:00am On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:

North Central?

Kwara, APC will win, PDP 2nd
Benue, LP will win, PDP 2nd
Plateau, LP will win, PDP 2nd
Kogi, APC will win, PDP 2nd
Niger, PDP will win, LP 2nd
Nassarawa? LP will win, PDP 2nd

Apc will win or come second in nasarawa.pdp has no structure in niger
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by franchasofficia: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

I like this but tinubu will win nc or come a close second.same thing in ss
On what basis will Tinubu win NC a Christian majority region that have been ravaged by Fulani herdsmen terrorists which the incumbent APC government allowed to roam about freely?

Most APC supporters are only banking on using the power of incumbency to rig the election, which they call political structure, nothing else.

So my permutations are mostly based on INEC delivering at least 80% free and fair election in 2023, if not then Tinubu might likely win via massive vote rigging and vote buying
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by onuman: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Atiku Obsession has began!

Then Permutation kicks in..if Atiku does this, then Pitobi will do that!

Atiku is only hoping that Obi and Tinubu divide the votes from the south and Middle Belt for Atiku to win.

Tell Tinubu to step down for Obi so that Nigeria shall be rescued from PDP and APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2022
vicdom:

. In Anambra alone, buhari had just 1% of the total votes cast. Obi secored 590k against 50k that buhari got

It was 552k against 33k.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Carmal90(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:
There is something people are not taking into consideration about Atiku. Dude is a feather weight politician who is only relying on looted funds to remain relevant.

Atiku does not have any demographic base he can rely on, unlike other heavyweight politicians, and I will explain:

1. Atiku is from a micro-minority ethnic group; unlike the general belief that Atiku is Fulani, he is not and Northern feudal system that reverence Fulanis know that fact, and that's why they hardly vote for him.

2. Atiku is a moderate Muslim; moderate Muslims don't get massive support in the North. Except Aminu Kano during the years after independence, no other moderate Muslim has enjoyed mass appeal to them. That was Atiku hurriedly deleted his message that earlier condemned the killing of Deborah. He immediately realized that Northern Muslims like fanatical muslim leaders and thus immediately reversed himself.

3. Aside Bat, majority of Nigerians see Atiku as one of the most corrupt politician today. What gave him credibility during the last election was Obi his Vice.

These factors are the reasons why Atiku has been finding it difficult to win as president and it's likely to torpedo his attempt once again in 2023.

If Atiku was Hausa or Fulani from NW, he would have succeeded with ease. For someone that has been a major contestant since 1993, about 3 decades now, it is unbelievable that he has remained a runner up. How many people even know that Atiku stepped down for Abiola in SDP? Labour Party's vice Presidential candidate was still a youth corper then!

Now that Buhari is not on the ballot, Atiku would naturally have had an easy ride to Aso rock but those structural defects I mentioned is why he is likely to fail again. Unfortunately for Atiku, Obi his backbone then is now his opponent on the ballot and has pulled majority of voters that would have gone to Atiku.

Atiku has only contested i.e on ballot paper just twice, and on one occasion, on a mushroom party..
Buhari that you rate high, contested and lost election 3 TIMES.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by vicdom(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2022
Carmal90:

You shouldn't bother, because I strongly believe he will struggle to win Anambra state, that is if it possible sef
Lol... can we bet?
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by adioolayi(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2022
Amumaigwe:

Physician, heal thyself first.

cheesy cheesy grin...
So na the "had" be your own issue...you left the substantial issue and picked on Had...

It's fine...the message is clear anyways
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by garfield1: 11:05am On Jul 23, 2022
Vote4ObiDatti:
There is something people are not taking into consideration about Atiku. Dude is a feather weight politician who is only relying on looted funds to remain relevant.

Atiku does not have any demographic base he can rely on, unlike other heavyweight politicians, and I will explain:

1. Atiku is from a micro-minority ethnic group; unlike the general belief that Atiku is Fulani, he is not and Northern feudal system that reverence Fulanis know that fact, and that's why they hardly vote for him.

2. Atiku is a moderate Muslim; moderate Muslims don't get massive support in the North. Except Aminu Kano during the years after independence, no other moderate Muslim has enjoyed mass appeal to them. That was Atiku hurriedly deleted his message that earlier condemned the killing of Deborah. He immediately realized that Northern Muslims like fanatical muslim leaders and thus immediately reversed himself.

3. Aside Bat, majority of Nigerians see Atiku as one of the most corrupt politician today. What gave him credibility during the last election was Obi his Vice.

These factors are the reasons why Atiku has been finding it difficult to win as president and it's likely to torpedo his attempt once again in 2023.

If Atiku was Hausa or Fulani from NW, he would have succeeded with ease. For someone that has been a major contestant since 1993, about 3 decades now, it is unbelievable that he has remained a runner up. How many people even know that Atiku stepped down for Abiola in SDP? Labour Party's vice Presidential candidate was still a youth corper then!

Now that Buhari is not on the ballot, Atiku would naturally have had an easy ride to Aso rock but those structural defects I mentioned is why he is likely to fail again. Unfortunately for Atiku, Obi his backbone then is now his opponent on the ballot and has pulled majority of voters that would have gone to Atiku.

You have correctly captured everything.it is what I have been trying to point out all this while.tinubu will thrash him up north.cc kyase,ojuntana,fergie001, majole
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Carmal90(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

He did.atiku won four states in the north which are plateau,benue and taraba which are christian dominated.in Adamawa,Christians made him win.he failed woefully in Muslim areas

I don't think any Nigeria politicians can defeat buhari in North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Babaken(m): 11:06am On Jul 23, 2022
majamajic:
Obi is a force , a movement !

Am Obidient !

AM ON PETERSIDE
VERY OBIDIENT.
NIGERIA MUST MOVE FORWARD.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Soso990240(m): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

The votes belonged to PDP, and not because Obi was running mate.

In 2007, Ojukwu was on the ballot, and yet he was beaten in the Southeast by Yar'Adua, a Northern Muslim.

Obi is not even popular outside Anambra state.
This is to clearly tell u that the Southeast doesn't vote based on sentiment. They vote candidate and not party. But Tinubu supporters will always ask why Southeast is not supporting Tinubu and supporting Obi. Guess what, even PDP Governors in Southeast can't stop the people from voting Obi, same Way Rochas couldn't get votes for Buhari as Imo Governor.. there is nothing PDP about Southeast now, a party that betrayed them with their zoning formula. Save this post. PDP won't get 20% votes in Southeast

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by garfield1: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2022
Carmal90:

I don't think any Nigeria politicians can defeat buhari in North.

Only shehu yaradua and ahmadu bello can
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Carmal90(m): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
Now I see that you are a kid, sorry i made mistake replying a minor, my bad undecided

You people have issues when you don't see who will swallow your lies.

As you are not replying me again, I pray I didn't die starving..
Nonsense
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2022
Omonieme:
Atiku is not really strong politically. That's not to say he doesn't have his own structure and area of strength but overall, Atiku's isn't that strong a politician. And that's why Obi's candidature will do more harm to his presidential bid than any other factor. If it was to be an Atiku/Obi ticket again in d forthcoming elections, then Atiku should have been writing his inaugural speech cause the SE and SS which are PDP and by extension Atiku's major voting block would have been on lock with a sprinkling of votes from the SW, at least 50% of votes from the NC, majority of votes from the NE and whatever they could get from the NW would have been enough. But nah! He now has to share his major bloc with Obi.... And it shows his lack of calculation. Knowing Obi to be an asset whose candidature would split his votes, why didn't Atiku reach out to him when he started hearing rumors about an Obi presidential bid and convince him to join him on a repeat of the 2019 ticket? With Buhari not contesting, the north would have given him a good number of votes. Add that to his bloc votes and he'd have been home and dry.
lol Atiku won't win NE. APC own the big NE states. Atiku will win Adamawa, Bauchi and Taraba, APC will win Yobe, Gombe and Borno. I'm almost 100% certain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Jack500: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2022
Carmal90:

Atiku might win ondo,osun, and oyo in South west

Really! We shall see, I think the guber election is deceiving you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by franchasofficia: 11:08am On Jul 23, 2022
garfield1:

Tinubu will win niger and kogi
Tinubu will win only Kwara in NC. He will come 2nd in Kogi. Bello is not even supporting him, so Bello might not work for him
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Carmal90(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2022
vicdom:

Lol... can we bet?
About what?

Let be explicit, we can make this happen.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Carmal90(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2022
Jack500:

Really! We shall see, I think the guber election is deceiving you

Lol..
Let's wait sha
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by garfield1: 11:11am On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
On what basis will Tinubu win NC a Christian majority region that have been ravaged by Fulani herdsmen terrorists which the incumbent APC government allowed to roam about freely?

Most APC supporters are only banking on using the power of incumbency to rig the election, which they call political structure, nothing else.

So my permutations are mostly based on INEC delivering at least 80% free and fair election in 2023, if not then Tinubu might likely win via massive vote rigging and vote buying

Elections cannot be 80% free everywhere,say 50%.north central is not Christian majority.kwara and Niger are Muslim dominated,kogi has slightly more Muslims.benue is 95% christian,plateau is 80% Christians,abuja is 50 50.if kwara and Niger gives tinubu bloc votes,he wins nc considering that other states wi share votes
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2022
Soso990240:
This is to clearly tell u that the Southeast doesn't vote based on sentiment. They vote candidate and not party. But Tinubu supporters will always ask why Southeast is not supporting Tinubu and supporting Obi. Guess what, even PDP Governors in Southeast can't stop the people from voting Obi, same Way Rochas couldn't get votes for Buhari as Imo Governor.. there is nothing PDP about Southeast now, a party that betrayed them with their zoning formula. Save this post. PDP won't get 20% votes in Southeast

No region votes based on sentiment as much as the South East.

For them, it is PDP, and always PDP. Put Osama in PDP against Nnamdi Azikwe, and they will vote PDP (and by extension, Osama).

The most predictable region as far as politics is concerned.

In Anambra state, it is APGA (regionally) and PDP (nationally).

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by kelly72: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2022
twilliamx:
LINUS Obi.. A man that is riding on made up stories to win election. He said he saved money. If you know how to use money, your money will always be at work. He couldn't even increase the IGR of Anambra. The same way Jonathan lied that he has no shoes, Buhari claimed he was mr integrity, integrity we no see, I no get house abroad, them Don show him house for abroad, I no get pass 2 watch, them Don show him 3rd watch, a man who said others are corrupt but, took states funds and invested in family business. Nigeria no get better candidate. Nothing will change as long as the useless constitution is what is guiding us. The only people that will still enjoy this country in 2023 are the politicians.

Obi increased the IGR:
Because workers in the State began to receive their salaries regularly as at when
due, tax deductions also regularly swelled government revenue. Revenues from
changes in land administration, market management and transport sector reforms
contributed immensely to the revenue base of the State. These reforms were done
with a human face in order not to put undue pressure on citizens unlike other places
where State government see poor citizens as cash cows. You now know why Obi never
borrowed a dime as governor nor owed anybody for 8 years?

Obi used money:
Because Peter created massive IGR, plugged almost all looting loopholes and channeled
funds into the right places, he was able to put songs of praise on the lips of every Anambrarian;
Anambra still has the best network of inner city roads, rehabilitated and rebuilt both
infrastructure and curriculum in primary and secondary schools resulting in the State churning
out the best performance in both WAEC and JAMB all through his reign and beyond, turned many
general hospitals around, supported SMIES and attracted giant manufacturers such as Innoson, SabMiller
Imbaev BV and the Orient Refinery ongoing at Otuocha.

Obi saved money:
As workers were never being owed and no creditor breathing down on his neck, infrastructure was
being built, schools and hospitals being rebuilt, re-equipped and modernised, businesses running
smoothly in a well secured Anambra and looting of public money being blocked, Obi found time
and resources to save for the future of the children of the State, every responsible government or
individual saves, only drunkards argue about that so don't worry when you hear them say it was a bad
thing for Obi to save, they've nowhere to place their hands, so they place them on their knees.

In 2007 while leaving office, the then Lagos State governor hurriedly passed a law awarding himself and
any other ex Lagos governor nearly N1 billion[ as yearly pension. Almost every other governor in Nigeria at that time
followed suite and did the same, approving humongous sums of poor people's money for themselves as pension.

In 2014 when Peter Obi was leaving office as governor of Anambra State, he refused to pass this law and refused
to collect any pension from the State till today. He said it would be criminal to abuse public trust so brazenly
by taking away billions from the ordinary people of Anambra after they had paid him salary for 8 years.

Obi never took any land belonging to Anambra State. Who else can boast that about his former governor??
There was no security vote for him during his tenure. Who else can boast that about his former governor??
There was no office of first lady. Who else can boast that about his former governor??
All his local and international flights were in the economy class like any poor citizen. Who else can boast that about his former governor??
Neither him nor any of his commissioners was ever indicted or charged by EFCC, ICPC or Police. Who else can boast that about his former governor??

So who among the top 3 presidential candidates for 2023 election really LOVES the Nigeria people?

Be the judge.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Jack500: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2022
vicdom:

Shut up!! say Shettima will win and not Tinubu. Why didn't Tinubu contest with his ACN party all these while since he has been nursing presidential ambition?? Because he knows he's not a force at all. He only gave Atiku and Ribadu ticket at some point, why didn't he contest?? he wants to ride on Buhari's structure to win cheesy

You are the one that need to shut the hell hole.

If your brain has been working, you should know that it is foolishness to compare Obi with Tinubu, Tinubu develop ACN to a party that has gorvenors and even elective position outside south west.
You useless Peter Obi was moving from one party to another, don't worry, your delusion wil be cure totally next year February, we will know who is who then.

Emotional ipobian analyst, I will be here to mock you.
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by garfield1: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
Tinubu will win only Kwara in NC. He will come 2nd in Kogi. Bello is not even supporting him, so Bello might not work for him

Tinubu will win Niger.apc dominates Niger...bello doesnt have any choice than to work for him.okun yorubas will vote tinubu while ebiras and igalas will divide votes
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Adanco: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2022
Atiku Lost pooling unit but won his State which is better
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Jack500: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2022
franchasofficia:
Be realistic. I know u guys are only banking on rigging as your sure bet for APC to win.

If you analyze the situation of Nigeria, follow up trends of events and the mindset of Nigerians currently, APC can only win NW cos of Buhari, SW cos of Tinubu being a Yoruba and then get good vote in NE cos of Boko Haram Shettima and Northern Muslim fanatical reasoning towards issues of life.

If INEC can deliver 80% free and fair election in 2023, APC will either come 2nd or 3rd.

But because of rigging and the incumbency power, APC will not be that easy to defeat in 2023, but to win will most likely not be a reality for APC. The election will most likely enter runoff if Kwankwaso doesn't step down

Which run off, are you talking about? Has their been any run off in any presidential election?
You guys don't know politics,
If APC win SW + NW, what's remaining again this region has the highest voters in Nigeria.

And how will Obi win north Central, you have not explain that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by garfield1: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2022
Spirit04:
lol Atiku won't win NE. APC own the big NE states. Atiku will win Adamawa, Bauchi and Taraba, APC will win Yobe, Gombe and Borno. I'm almost 100% certain.

Apc or nnpp will win bauchi
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by saintrow1: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=vicdom post=114994169][/quote]

Just another biased bullshit from the children of hate and jealously. They are doomed asual
Re: Throwback: Obi Wins His Polling Unit, Atiku Loses Polling Unit by Socialsunny14(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=vicdom post=114994169][/quote]
Atiku lost his polling unit the same way BUHARI lost in aso rock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Dares Saharareporters, Says Sowore Will Go To Jail / The Moment Police Arrested Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Attack On Kwankwaso’s Convoy / Navy Admiral Daniel Ikoli Is Dead. He Was Found Dead In His Lagos Home

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.