Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

I shall not die in Jesus name - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I shall not die in Jesus name (5052 Views)

I Shall Be Deactivating This Account Soon. It Is So Painful. / Doctor, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Fire Accident (Photos) / Couple Die In Aba After Eating Food From Wedding Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Richy4(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
JoviaIjune1:
OP please disregarded this my earlier comment.
I was drunk while typing this rubbish
grin grin

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by bukatyne(f): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:
Please I have a problem in my marriage. I need advice. Pls no insult.
I got married 2020 and did the court Marriage last month. My husband has been a wonderful husband and by God's grace I have been a wonderful wife and a mother. We have one child.
The issue I'm having in my marriage is anger management. When ever my husband gets angry, he says all sorts of things to me, like leave my house, you are a bad wife, different sorts of insults of which whenever we reconcile he apologizes sometimes.
He's the type that no matter the good things you do, once he gets annoyed, he abuse you verbally of which really hurts me. Last month we had an argument that resulted to a fight, her beat me like his fellow man and locked me out and ask me to leave his house. Neighbors intervened and we settled.
Something happened today. He came back home around 2.am this morning instead of the usual 11-12pm he usually arrive home. I wasn't happy, he tried to explain but I knew he was lying because my sister in-law already called one of his friends before he came back. So I wasn't happy with him but I didn't make trouble with him. So this morning I drank aju mbaise and hot drink on empty stomach, so it was affecting me and making me want to faint. So it happened that he was giving me money for something this morning but I felt like fainting so I threw the money on the floor and quickly fell on the bed. After few minutes, I regained myself and got up, all the while my husband never cared to know what the problem was. I got up and asked him for the money, he started shouting and insulting me that why will I trow money on the floor for him. I tried to explain to him what Happened, he never cared to listen. He started insulting me, saying I will leave his house, that he can't continue with the marriage, that he will kill me. Note, it's not the first time he has threatened to kill me. I don't know what to do. His family members have talked to him about this his attitude about marriage but he gets worse. Pls I need advice because this his "leave my house" and threat all the time is too much. Little issue that couples have and settle, my husband always make it a big deal. If he annoys me and I get annoyed and refuse to talk to him, he will vex and start insulting me and threatening me. Pls I need your advice, what do you think I should do? how can I change him because I don't want my marriage to crash?, we have a daughter and u wouldn't want her to grow in a divided home. Thanks

What makes your husband wonderful?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by GboyegaD(m): 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
Richy4:
<< You mean you were trying to pass out or u passed out infront of your spouse and he was just looking at u? shocked... And u said he's a wonderful husband?...
I will quickly double check the meaning of wonderful in a sec. Just incase the meaning has changed angry
<< Where una dey find these kind men wey shame dey gree fight come outside for neighbours to see?..... Again Which eyes una take dey look the neighbours that separated u guys?..

I keep wondering when I read some stories how some humans connect to aliens.

2 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by GboyegaD(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:
You don't know me or seen me before. This your conclusion is drawn from personal experience with someone not with everyone

You don't have to respond to all mentions for your sanity.

My advice is seek marriage counseling and ensure you both attend anger management classes. This will help you know how to manage the triggers and him how to manage his anger/emotions.

7 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Richy4(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
GboyegaD:

I keep wondering when I read some stories how some humans connect to aliens.
My brother I taya... People are indeed wired differently...I'm just trying to imagine myself in such situations...

I will just pack out of that premises because of embarrassment and shame... Fighting to the extent of attracting neighbours who came out to intervene.. and she said he is wonderful grin

10 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Saintmary(f): 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:
I got married 2020 and did the court Marriage last month. My husband has been a wonderful husband and by God's grace I have been a wonderful wife and a mother. We have one child.
The issue I'm having in my marriage is anger management. When ever my husband gets angry, he says all sorts of things to me, like leave my house, you are a bad wife, different sorts of insults of which whenever we reconcile he apologizes sometimes.
He's the type that no matter the good things you do, once he gets annoyed, he abuse you verbally of which really hurts me. Last month we had an argument that resulted to a fight, her beat me like his fellow man and locked me out and ask me to leave his house. Neighbors intervened and we settled.
Something happened today. He came back home around 2.am this morning instead of the usual 11-12pm he usually arrive home. I wasn't happy, he tried to explain but I knew he was lying because my sister in-law already called one of his friends before he came back. So I wasn't happy with him but I didn't make trouble with him. So this morning I drank aju mbaise and hot drink on empty stomach, so it was affecting me and making me want to faint. So it happened that he was giving me money for something this morning but I felt like fainting so I threw the money on the floor and quickly fell on the bed. After few minutes, I regained myself and got up, all the while my husband never cared to know what the problem was. I got up and asked him for the money, he started shouting and insulting me that why will I trow money on the floor for him. I tried to explain to him what Happened, he never cared to listen. He started insulting me, saying I will leave his house, that he can't continue with the marriage, that he will kill me. Note, it's not the first time he has threatened to kill me. I don't know what to do. His family members have talked to him about this his attitude about marriage but he gets worse. Pls I need advice because this his "leave my house" and threat all the time is too much. Little issue that couples have and settle, my husband always make it a big deal. If he annoys me and I get annoyed and refuse to talk to him, he will vex and start insulting me and threatening me. Pls I need your advice, what do you think I should do? how can I change him because I don't want my marriage to crash?, we have a daughter and u wouldn't want her to grow in a divided home. Thanks

I will not advise you.

I will insult you.

A man beats you up, threatens to kill you but you called it little issue.

Continue in your little issue until they bring out your dead body.

Shebi you nor wan get sense.

Better tell your parents so they can get ready for burial.

All those stories of women who were killed by their husbands, you nor wan believe abi. You don't have a wonderful marriage, you are in an abusive marriage with a cheating husband.

He's cheating on you (fact)

I will not type RIP for you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by 1Sharon(f): 3:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
You don't contribute financially that's why he disrespecting you like that. Seems you're completely dependent on him.

3 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Mercury12(m): 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2022
CYBERSOLDIERSre:
Madam, stop arguing with your husband. He's the head ...

Men, all of them won't tolerate arguments fromm their wives.
they won't listen. Stubbornness too much undecided
Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Blue86(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Which church do you attend together?

Go for counselling together there.
Or invite pastor and his wife to your home to counsel you both.

Pinkie2018:
Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by RightToReject(m): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
Everything you have tabled here revolved around thoughtlessness (insensitivity) on his part and your expectation of thoughtfulness from him instead. The truth is that only you here know whether he is truly dispositionally thoughtless or your bad attitude all this while has made him so towards you. For instance, at that point where he was giving you money that you claimed to have thrown on the ground; under normal circumstances, a thoughtful close person in his stead would have detected the slight changes in your demeanor even before giving you the money and would have accorded you both the emotional care and physical support you needed.

Well, if your attitude all this while has made him become thoughtless towards you, the onus lies on you to retrace your steps and work and walk yourself back to his mental nervous chamber so that you can start commanding his emotional care, this will take time to materialize but the end will be worth it.

If he is, however, dispositionally thoughtless, there is nothing much you can do to change him, especially since it is obvious that his "mumu button" is not under your command. The best you can do is accept the hard truth that he is a thoughtless person (which doesn't automatically make him an evil person) and stop expecting emotional care from him. To make him sit up a bit and for your mental health balance, deliberately stop taking him seriously even without treating him like an enemy and watch him adjust gradually.

5 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by GboyegaD(m): 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:
I just tire. We courted for a year plus before marriage. He has this attitude of 'if you are tired pack and go" which makes me wonder if he was really ready for marriage. But I'm just trying to make my marriage work. He doesn't understand that misunderstanding and quarrel is inevitable in marriage but how you manage it matters. Every little issue, insults and threats

Quarrels can be avoided if you both agree to avoid Quarrels. Issues must not be addressed at the moment they occur. There's always time and seasons for everything.

4 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by eyinjuege: 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
He's threatened to kill you several times, yet you're worried about your daughter living in a divided home.
He's beaten you mercilessly and even locked you out too.
You're your own worst enemy.
The man has shown you his hands and no matter how good of a person he may be in other areas, the issue of violence and anger has nullified all of that.
Osinachi do pass you as a good wife and mother. Her sweat even fed their family but where did it all end?
Give yourself brain o

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Gloriagee(f): 5:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
You're bothered about leaving the house of someone that wants to kill you undecided

8 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Gloriagee(f): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
Na thesis? Even Wikipedia article no do pass this your write up cheesy

RightToReject:
Everything you have tabled here revolved around thoughtlessness (insensitivity) on his part and your expectation of thoughtfulness from him instead. The truth is that only you here know whether he is truly dispositionally thoughtless or your bad attitude all this while has made him so towards you. For instance, at that point where he was giving you money that you claimed to have thrown on the ground; under normal circumstances, a thoughtful close person in his stead would have detected the slight changes in your demeanor even before giving you the money and would have accorded you both the emotional care and physical support you needed.

Well, if your attitude all this while has made him become thoughtless towards you, the onus lies on you to retrace your steps and work and walk yourself back to his mental nervous chamber so that you can start commanding his emotional care, this will take time to materialize but the end will be worth it.

If he is, however, dispositionally thoughtless, there is nothing much you can do to change him, especially since it is obvious that his "mumu button" is not under your command. The best you can do is accept the hard truth that he is a thoughtless person (which doesn't automatically make him an evil person) and stop expecting emotional care from him. To make him sit up a bit and for your mental health balance, deliberately stop taking him seriously even without treating him like an enemy and watch him adjust gradually.

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2022
Richy4:

grin grin

Richy that's not me angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Richy4:

My brother I taya... People are indeed wired differently...I'm just trying to imagine myself in such situations...

I will just pack out of that premises because of embarrassment and shame... Fighting to the extent of attracting neighbours who came out to intervene.. and she said he is wonderful grin

He is just that he needs learn this side of him. I don't know why some people have very bad anger issues and why some too don't know/understand self worth.
Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by churro: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:

I'm.sorry...i don't see anything wonderful about your husband..he abuses you emotionally and physically and has no atom of respect for you or your feelings. He threatens you to leave, so why don't you shock him one day and do so. Leave! Maybe it will bring him.back to his senses
Maybe not. Love yourself, give value to yourself. You only have 1 daughter. Better stay alive for her. You'll be fine.

11 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by DeeMain(m): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
Can you pour your heart to him concerning this issue and how it is making you feel and suggest that you both go for couple counseling and therapy?

2 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Richy4(m): 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
GboyegaD:

He is just that he needs learn this side of him. I don't know why some people have very bad anger issues and why some too don't know/understand self worth.
Yea..I believe the woman here is not an angel... She was basically provoking him to anger... No two ways about it...it could be her actions or inactions..

But that's not the reason why decent and classy individuals would do a show of shame infront of the neighbours...No matter how angry any one who values his self worth and dignity is, u can't do such in public...

The most amusing part is...The woman left the most important aspect of the issue at hand which is "I will kill you " and was busy talking about trivial issue of his statement "leave my house"...
She passed out and he stood there without doing anything.. if she dies, he might not mourn her for 2 weeks before..... I no wan complete the sentence because I tayaembarassed

2 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by ireneidiva(f): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:
yes a little girl
If your life is being threatened, you have to separate from the 'wonderful' husband.

8 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by EarnAp: 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Na here we dey o........cos lack of money dey spoil love

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Ozimariam440: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2022
Madam, you must respect your husband and stop argue with him 2.If he did something to you, don't attack him immediately. 3 always use wisdom to solve your problems. I believe you like to quarrell for every little thing. 4. Stop suspecting your husband. 5. Don't act on a report that you are not confirmed.
Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Kirkman: 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
You sef call his bluff and leave that sham of a marriage before you die put inside there with beatings and we will read you news here on nairalnad. I don talk my own. Better give yourself brain o!

3 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Emmanuel909090: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
Typing
Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by jesmond3945: 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:
you are putting your health, safety and wellbeing at the back burner just to please society and family. You think you are raising your daughter well but actually you are raising her in a toxic environment that might push her to the wrong hands. I always advise people learn to put your interest first, don't listen to what people would say. Let me tell if your husband kills you, he would replace you with another woman sharparly. If you are banking on the Nigerian justice system to bring him to account, my dear you are on a long thing. Warn him that if he says you should leave the house, that you would leave and never come back again.

7 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Ruke1989: 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:
continue assuming and if you must know, I took the aju mbaise and hot because I'm having irregular menstruation and homonial imbalance

The truth is that you are not working. If you were not a liability to him, he won't treat you that way.
Two, just like every dependent woman who cannot feed themselves or fend for themselves without sleeping with men or hooking a husband like tapeworm hooks the intestine, you will be ready to take beatings and even die in an abusive marriage than to separate because you are afraid to hustle and be financially independent
Three, we know women, once they are financially independent, they don't say this rubbish of I don't want my kids to be raised by single parent or lack paternal love. What wealthy women do is cheat and look for a way to separate so they can be free once they have a kid or two to train alone. So as a man I don't believe the reason for your preferring to stay in that marriage is genuine
Four, you can never change that man. Neither can your pastor or family elders. Time cannot change him. He is likely raised in an abusive home too so he has learnt it from childhood to adulthood and cannot change again since like a spell, abusive conduct followed him to adulthood. That's why they say a fool at forty is a fool forever. Because at forty you are an adult and whatever bad character you have learnt at that age will follow you to the grave
Five, don't say you are a Christian and can't separate. The bible doesn't teach so. The truth is that what keeps you attached to him despite his toxicity is the daily bread you get from him, your laziness and inability to hustle and be self dependent. Marriage no be job, go and find work so you get busy and don't have time for quarrel. Go and read how ekweme gospel singer died from abusive husband and get sense. Okay!
Six, top causes of quarrels in marriages are infidelity, finance and stupid character like that of you and your husband. Don't take nonsense from him, go get a job and contribute to the family financially. If after that he still misbehave, you should move out with your baby. Infact no threat. Just action. That way two of una go dey alright. Don't pack out expecting him to beg so you can say he begged me. That will be foolish. Cos he will not change. Osinachi went through such until the husband beat her and she later died from internal injuries
Seven, don't listen to your pastors on this. They don't know God. Some could counsel you to stick so if you die they could charge your family a fee to officiate at your service of songs. Pastors don't have your interest at heart. Whether you die or live, they will make their money by charging fee for the service of song or collecting your tithe. Be wise

6 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Justkatty(f): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
Please how is he wonderful?
Is it the beatings that made him wonderful or the threats?
C'mon your little daughter you're considering, God forbid anything should happen to you, your little angel you're using to stay in an abusive marriage would be taken away by someone else.
Marriage is not a do or die affair, if counselling is not working, biko give yourself brain.
You can't change a grown adult except he or she chooses.
Anger is deadly especially when one can't control it.

5 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Ruke1989: 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Justkatty:
Please how is he wonderful?
Is it the beatings that made him wonderful or the threats?
C'mon your little daughter you're considering, God forbid anything should happen to you, your little angel you're using to stay in an abusive marriage would be taken away by someone else.
Marriage is not a do or die affair, if counselling is not working, biko give yourself brain.
You can't change a grown adult except he or she chooses.
Anger is deadly especially when one can't control it.
Haven't you heard ladies love bad guys, cultists, agberos, thugs because they find the beatings, fucking and bullying romantic? And they only accept good guys after they are first bleeped and trashed by the cultists and good for nothing men? OP is one of such. Unfortunately, she wasn't wise like the others. She got stuck with her cultist boyfriend or maybe was trapped with pregnancy and didn't have the luck and time to switch over to the good guys before going the family way
Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Justkatty(f): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ruke1989:

Haven't you heard ladies love bad guys, cultists, agberos, thugs because they find the beatings, fucking and bullying romantic? And they only accept good guys after they are first bleeped and trashed by the cultists and good for nothing men? OP is one of such. Unfortunately, she wasn't wise like the others. She got stuck with her cultist boyfriend or maybe was trapped with pregnancy and didn't have the luck and time to switch over to the good guys before going marriage knocked
I just pray she doesn't realize late before having a rethink.
So unfortunate some good women ends with bad men.

2 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by Mindlog: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pinkie2018:

He will certainly kill you, his threats to murder you is not a slip of the tongue but since you want to continue to bear Mrs, just inform your family where you will want to be buried then after your husband have been sentenced to life for murder, I hope your mother is still around to take of your daughter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by cococandy(f): 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
So what makes him a good husband?
Pinkie2018:

4 Likes

Re: I shall not die in Jesus name by GboyegaD(m): 11:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Richy4:

Yea..I believe the woman here is not an angel... She was basically provoking him to anger... No two ways about it...it could be her actions or inactions..

But that's not the reason why decent and classy individuals would do a show of shame infront of the neighbours...No matter how angry any one who values his self worth and dignity is, u can't do such in public...

The most amusing part is...The woman left the most important aspect of the issue at hand which is "I will kill you " and was busy talking about trivial issue of his statement "leave my house"...
She passed out and he stood there without doing anything.. if she dies, he might not mourn her for 2 weeks before..... I no wan complete the sentence because I tayaembarassed

Why I said people should learn to value themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advice For Women On Coping With And Balancing Career With Caring For Their Kids / Please What Can I Use To Reduce My Cheeks. They Are Too Big Pics. / Photo..pretty Young Mum Breast Feeding Her Baby At An Even Goes Viral.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.