Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This (61810 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Kingcalls: 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
U go and do ur own test and stop having sex with her
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Mina79(f): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
Well I had the same experience in a general hospital too, I wasn't given a written result but was told I am negative.
You can ask her to do another test in a private hospital if you insist on a written result.
Fadafada231:
Please guys is there anything like involuntary HIV test in a government hospital? I sent my GF to the hospital to check her status and she came back told me with smile on her face that she is negative, I demanded to see the result but she said they didn't give it to her.

I asked her why? She replied me that the man told her that the receipt of the result can't be given to her because it's involuntary test. Hmmm local man is confused

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Akerele44(m): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
Op u go take heart ni oo

The girl don get HIV

And u sef don knack her

U supoz understand wetin i dey try talk
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by KOVIC19COVID20: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
I have worked in HIV clinics for over 18 years.
We do not issue Paper certificates or results to show negative test. OP, if you want to be sure, you go to the same place on monday and do an HIV test. If you are Negative (I hope you are), you will see that NO RESULTS will be writen and given to you. You will Only be communicated verbally. That is our Policy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
What the hell is involuntary test? Like they just snatch you off the street at random and forcibly test you? How is it involuntary if she’s the one who went there to do it?

Hmmm be scared of this your girl o. My advice to you is look for the ‘Ashawo beer parlour’ thread here on Nairaland, sign up with an anonymous moniker, post her picture there with the caption “anybody don run this parole before?” then wait for the replies.

You’re welcome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Igboslayer: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
S
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:
Please guys is there anything like involuntary HIV test in a government hospital? I sent my GF to the hospital to check her status and she came back told me with smile on her face that she is negative, I demanded to see the result but she said they didn't give it to her.

I asked her why? She replied me that the man told her that the receipt of the result can't be given to her because it's involuntary test. Hmmm local man is confused

She is Positive.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by padresolomon: 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Government hospitals don't give results, the only tell you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Gbemini(m): 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

I asked her why? She replied me that the man told her that the receipt of the result can't be given to her because it's involuntary test. Hmmm loca man is confused
Congrats bro u don involuntary enter am grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mina79:
Well I had the same experience in a general hospital too, I wasn't given a written result but was told I am negative.
You can ask her to do another test in a private hospital if you insist on a written result.

But “Involuntary Test” makes no sense.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Spiff20(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
You have nothing to worry about. Involuntary tests don't come with results because you didn't do it intentionally. No HIV positive person will be happy. Y'all telling him to run, everything doesn't have to be bad. For once think good.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by kareemkamil(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
She's not liying
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Igboslayer: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Local man is seeking vawulence at all cost.

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Mina79(f): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
RenerdLiam:

But “Involuntary Test” makes no sense.
Sure!
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by AngelicBeing: 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
Abba114:
its true. i did it twice in a gv hosp no result was given to me they just record it in a book
lf you relapse again, you will be flogged 2.023 Trillion lashes of koboko shocked
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by RaptObserver: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

She is negative. I discovered most ladies do HIV test often than their partners. In fact, I did HIV test once but my woman has done it several times and it has been negative.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by francis5051: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

Alright thank you, I'll take her to different hospital to ascertain her status.
I think govt hospital don’t give paper result wen mom took me to general hospital Owerri then I just checked me and told me am negative then we left

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Dataplug1(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bruh is she hiding her status from you?

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by jonahhh: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
E good as she confuse you, you dey fear to run rest u come use person pikin diecover your status ��… You need go run the test yourself to be sure not send someone you’re fucking to do it for you
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by bishopjoe02(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

This is strange to me because I called the Doctor she meet and the man said that they only show the people their result without giving them the receipt. I did my own last week although it was in a private hospital I was given the paper conspicuously showing my negative status, I'm planning of taking her to that same private hospital or other government hospital for confirmation.

Most general hospital don't give if u are refer to do it by a doctor in the hospital, they only keep it in your file

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

This is strange to me because I called the Doctor she meet and the man said that they only show the people their result without giving them the receipt. I did my own last week although it was in a private hospital I was given the paper conspicuously showing my negative status, I'm planning of taking her to that same private hospital or other government hospital for confirmation.
she has colluded with the doctor to tell you that shitty story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Trojan8(m): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
The government hospital that I have been to for free test do not issue a result though. They just let you know your status, and that's it.

Meanwhile look at the way ignorant people have been castigating the poor girl. Nigerians are funny beings.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Thekingsss(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Men take her to a better hospital
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by KristaPretty(f): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

Could there be a reason you suddenly asked her to do a test.

Hope you have not had sex with her, else you would still need to do a test after 6months - that's of she is positive as it may take sometime for yours to show.

Additionally you can get HIV test kits from the pharmacy and do it from the comfort of your home.

I think she may be scared to do it and on the other hand, SOME government hospitals do not give the test result.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
RaptObserver:

She is negative. I discovered most ladies do HIV test often than their partners. In fact, I did HIV test once but my woman has done it several times and it has been negative.

The question you need to ask is Why is your woman constantly testing herself? It’s either she’s sleeping around or she suspects you are. Either way you need to have a talk with her bro.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by SAMAYODELE(m): 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
In some general hospitals, NGOs are in charge of their HIV unit. Those NGOs do the testing for free and mostly don't give a written result.

As for the term *involuntary*, she most likely forgot what the lab scientist said.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Teymanhenry(f): 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
If she's positive, they'd give her the result whether it's a voluntary or involuntary test. This is so they can put her on counselling and an ART program. Now observe her. If she is positive, she'll want to come so close to you and involve in no contraception sex with you...

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by spy24(m): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
karkinase:
Nuthing to worry about…She’s clean.. a person who got a news she’s HIV positive can never smile @ that instance. #pure psychology

Except she knew before then

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by KristaPretty(f): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
RaptObserver:

Are you sure you are the only man she is bleeping?

Use your tongue to count your teeth o

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Ideenigeria: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
It's possible...

There's something called PITC

Provider Initiated Testing and Counselling which makes a provider (Doctor/Facility) based on symptoms and observation can initiate an HIV test on a client.

Most times, you don't get any document to show for this as they just smear little out of the samples collected for other tests on Determine (HIV Kit).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Contacted HIV From Sleeping With Different Prostitutes At The Age Of 24 / Nigerian Man High On Drugs Walks With His Head On The Ground (Photos, Video) / Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.