Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This (61813 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by zinaunreal(m): 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mamii don contact
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Stanweezy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:
Please guys is there anything like involuntary HIV test in a government hospital? I sent my GF to the hospital to check her status and she came back told me with smile on her face that she is negative, I demanded to see the result but she said they didn't give it to her.

I asked her why? She replied me that the man told her that the receipt of the result can't be given to her because it's involuntary test. Hmmm local man is confused

Maybe ur girl is right bkus when i did mine no result was given na just month dey use tell me I don't know if na bkus it was free

All the test I did na only HIV be free and na only am dey use mouth tell me result

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by fof1: 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:
Please guys is there anything like involuntary HIV test in a government hospital? I sent my GF to the hospital to check her status and she came back told me with smile on her face that she is negative, I demanded to see the result but she said they didn't give it to her.

I asked her why? She replied me that the man told her that the receipt of the result can't be given to her because it's involuntary test. Hmmm local man is confused

PLS SHE IS LIEING....PROBE HER B4 SHE INFLICT FATAL INJURY ON YOU... I DID HIV TEST JUST THIS WEEK UNDER A ROUTINE EXERCISE,SO I DEMANDED FOR IT FROM D DOCTOR BCOZ ITS BEEN LONG AND I DON'T WANT TO PIERCED TWICE FOR BLOOD...MY RESULTS WERE GIVEN TO ME BY HAND...SHE HAS SOMETHING TO HIFE SIR
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by damoobaba: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

Alright thank you, I'll take her to different hospital to ascertain her status.

SMH, You don't sound like a serious fellow. Not sure you're in that relationship for any other thing aside séx
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

there is... especially when one did not pay for the test

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Babisha10(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Can't u do the test for her urself?
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by fof1: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
karkinase:
Nuthing to worry about…She’s clean.. a person who got a news she’s HIV positive can never smile @ that instance. #pure psychology

Story to d gods ... u hear so.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by enzojaylini: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Its true once it's government hospital. They only tell you but won't give you the resiult. Its involuntary testing..

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by doneback04: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Run as fast as you can and go and do your own test ooo, E choke grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Involuntary test
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Ficeo(m): 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

Thanks, I did mine in a private hospital a week ago which I was given my result. Planning of taking her to other government hospital for confirmation of her status.
Take her to the same hospital you did yours Face to face and get results. Don't entertain highway stories.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Habinibi: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

If you truly want to see the result sheet, I am sure you will likely get the outcome in ink and paper from a private owned hospital. Most of the government owned hospital will likely tell her the result through the word of mouth.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by ify2016: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Business3600:

In a general hospital you are not given your test result because it's free. But in a private hospital you will be given your test result
Which receipt again in the General hospital? I check my status every 6 months but result is usually given to people individually. The girl is right

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by DarkPheonix: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
In university of benin teaching hospital they don't give the result.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Epicji: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
I work in a public HIV facility. Yes we don't give receipt but we disclose result. And d reason is simple. Your negative result today might not b so in 3 months time. Give some d result - they will laminate and keep for life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by RaptObserver: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

The question you need to ask is Why is your woman constantly testing herself? It’s either she’s sleeping around or she suspects you are. Either way you need to have a talk with her bro.

She goes to hospital for other health issues that re not sexually related but does some blood screening
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by davosea(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lol Wahala b like npower batch c deployment
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by HiFive: 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

It's true bro. I work with an NGO for people with HIV and AIDS related matters.

There's voluntary and involuntary HIV tests. Though she could have lied to you either ways about the outcome of the result but just know she didn't lie when she said she couldn't get the result because it was done involuntary.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Zoobaby(f): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Not true. People do a lot worse things and still keep a straight face. Trust no one, especially for something like this.
karkinase:
Nuthing to worry about…She’s clean.. a person who got a news she’s HIV positive can never smile @ that instance. #pure psychology

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by moshino(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
karkinase:

You obviously don't know what femalefolk are capable of.
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by JoshB92: 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
Take her to hospital and do the test for the both of you
It will cost only 500 each at the hospital where I work
And you go collect ur result instantly
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Fadafada231(m): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:
What the hell is involuntary test? Like they just snatch you off the street at random and forcibly test you? How is it involuntary if she’s the one who went there to do it?

Hmmm be scared of this your girl o. My advice to you is look for the ‘Ashawo beer parlour’ thread here on Nairaland, sign up with an anonymous moniker, post her picture there with the caption “anybody don run this parole before?” then wait for the replies.

You’re welcome.

Lol perhaps she didn't hear the lab scientist well or probably what the man meant to say is voluntary test
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Moscodee1990(m): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
All these government hospitals They might be out of papers/receipts, you know 9ja na. Plenty things Don cast
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by uptownemmygee(m): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
Baba I sure say fear dey your body now
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Nezero(m): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
It is true. Anytime I visit a government hospital near a police station around Apata Ibadan, they will just note it on my card.

It is involuntary

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Amayabor1: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
Some government hospitals do not issue hiv test result (especially when you are negative). They just tell you you are negative. The reason being that you are expected to come back in 3 months time for another HIV test (and you must not have had any exposure to potential sources of HIV during this waiting period). Giving you a test result may give one a sense of security that one is out of danger whereas that may not the case. But in standard practice, you should be given your hiv test result whether you plan to come back in 3 months time or not.

However, Hiv testing can be done at home. Go to a pharmacy and buy hiv test kit and do it on yourself and on your girlfriend this weekend. It is very easy.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by treatise: 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fadafada231:

Don't be confused, just go for your own test and if you test negative it must be strictly condom. That kind of lad is found in planet Mars. He trusteth a woman trusteth death and destruction. Shine ya eyez
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Moscodee1990(m): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Epicji:
I work in a public HIV facility. Yes we don't give receipt but we disclose result. And d reason is simple. Your negative result today might not b so in 3 months time. Give some d result - they will laminate and keep for life.
That's bullshit
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Stanleyq: 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bluntguy:
Run oh
When he don already collect am Wotowoto?
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by sript: 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Did my SIWES program in one general hospital last year...

They made use of HIV testing kits..

If the the result is nonreactive, the lab attendant would tell you verbally.
But if it otherwise, like the result being reactive..you won't be told be told by the lab attendant,,the result will taking the chancellors table where you will be summoned...

That's Thier policy

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by oluplus(m): 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Popesuccess:
Is true, there was a time my wife was very sick, i took to a general hospital. One of the test they did was HIV, infact they did for both of us. They just told us the result without giving any paper.

I'm sure the result is in your file. If you had asked for it, they would have given you a copy.
Op, no dulling oo
Re: My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This by Fadafada231(m): 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
SAMAYODELE:
In some general hospitals, NGOs are in charge of their HIV unit. Those NGOs do the testing for free and mostly don't give a written result.

As for the term *involuntary*, she most likely forgot what the lab scientist said.

I thought as much maybe she forgot what the lab scientist told her or she meant voluntary, I'm beginning to believe her negative status because she is all cheerful and happy after checking her status and from what people said that some government hospitals don't give a written results corroborated what the doctor told me when I called him. She performed the test in one fmc in my place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man High On Drugs Walks With His Head On The Ground (Photos, Video) / How I Contacted HIV From Sleeping With Different Prostitutes At The Age Of 24 / Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.