Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,260 members, 7,957,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

My Secondary School Re-union Experience - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Secondary School Re-union Experience (8080 Views)

How My Secondary School Classmate Insulted Me On Facebook In 2012 / I Have Been Sleeping With My Secondary Teacher For Months Now! What Do I Do / My Secondary Smallie Frm 2016 Is Coming To See Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Antihypocrite: 7:37am On Jul 24, 2022
Na so my school reunion one mumu boy just vex carry every body go lounge go blow more than 800k. Wetin concern me. Life na turn by turn. I follow flex d money because tomorrow go fit be my turn.

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Kurtis02(m): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2022
grin

Agba format.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Shagbatshagba(m): 7:40am On Jul 24, 2022
Good one sir...but u should knw that humans are very wicked and i pray anyone who wants to repay ur genorisity with evil will not see d end of the year...
it would be very good and ur mind would b at peace if ur mate find success through you it is very good but just be smart and careful because all funds required for the business they would want you to support them

MAY GOD BLESS U AND U CAN ALSO BLESS US TOO SIR
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by ublight: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2022
Well, for those saying I was showing off, I admit I did. I just couldn't resist the temptation. But right now, I swear I regret my actions. I really had no point to prove.

Damn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by ublight: 7:50am On Jul 24, 2022
Revolution2022:
The op is looking for who to scam.
ublight
Thanks for your concern comrade. Its a world of free speech. I don pass level to dey follow 'never do wells' yan opata
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by mrfizy(m): 8:00am On Jul 24, 2022
It looks like the Op's goal is to arouse people's interest in enquiring about his "line of business".Well,I never attend reunions.

3 Likes

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by SamOchuko: 8:16am On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Please read patiently

I happen to be one of the luckiest persons on this planet. Not because I was born with a silver spoon, intelligent, or handsome. Heck a lot of people could do better than me in those areas.

I am lucky cos around 2019 I was opportuned to have a billionaire become my mentor. I had always known this man from 2015, but he didn't know me. We never had met until July 2019, but I always read about him and engaged him online until we met in 2019.

When I met him, I was broke and had almost nothing. He on the other hand had just lost 800 million naira. He just took interest in me irrespective of ethnic difference (he is yoruba, I am Akwa ibom)

One of the first things he said to me about himself in July 2019 was that he doesn't go for his secondary school re-union. Without waiting for me to ask for the reason he told me.

According to him, he had gone for his secondary school re-union many years back, and didn't like what he saw. Many of his colleagues were living fake lives. They only came to compete and measure their level of success. (these are people above 50. I thought this was a madness for young adults)

My mentor said even though he was the richest amongst all of them by all material indices (standards), yet he felt uneasy in their midst.
Many had to cook up lies, pull up in rented cars etc just to sell a false image.

I had finished secondary school since 2010, and because life was rough, I never bothered about secondary school re-union. Truth be told I was secretly hoping for when I would blow so I could go and show off. U get?

Working closely with my mentor started shaping my mind. I stopped hustling for the competition. My mentor always asked me, what if by d time u finally made it, u realize that all ur contemporaries had already made it??

I finally started seeing some good money last year. Majorly this year. I could literally give out 300k and not feel it. Of course I make a minimum of 30k to 40k weekly with my fone. Excluding my major source of income. In a month, I make more than 400k from my agro business, and I have not even mentioned my education business.

My cousin who went to the same sec. Sch with me convinced me last week to join him let's attend our sec. Sch re-union. At first I hesitated, but my cousin is not some1 who gives up easily. So I finally obliged.

Guess what! De ja vu.

What my mentor told me is exactly what I saw. Competition at its peak. Twas crazy Mehn! If I were still broke maybe I would be depressed.

Everyone was elegantly dressed except me. Everyone came with bolt except me. I felt out of place Mehn!
My only consolation was that I knew I was doing better than most of those guys there so I just kept my cool and sat behind.

I always came 2nd 3rd or few times 4th. So I knew I would be among those that would be on the spot light. A few friends came around, did a little bit of chit chat and exchanged contacts and that was all.

Some of us were married, the single girls didn't even come close to me cos I didn't look flashy. I didn't even try to force myself on anyone. I just sat one place observing.

After everything, we decided to contribute money to renovate a part of the male hostel that had gone up in flames some weeks ago.

It was at this moment that I became very keen and attentive. The first person to donate was our head girl. Very modest and nice person. She was married now and exhibited maturity more than the rest of the girls. She did 20k, but promised to transfer the cash by first week of next month. The head boy followed. He was well dressed. He did 20k too and promised to transfer next week Friday.

Me I was just shocked that after the whole packaging the guy still wan transfer 20k after 1 week. Wonders shall never end.

Some other guy on dread lock transferred 12k. I was impressed. First guy to actually give cash. Other people followed suit. Some gave 2k, 5k, 1k. Etc. Look I am not looking down on anyone, but after all the packaging no body could even do 50k.

We were only 51 (our set was ss3a and ss3b) everyone had done their donation and I was left. I beckoned to my cousin (who was d anchor) that I would do mine in private. My cousin (foolish boy) rejected d idea and everyone supported him. They wanted me to say my donation openly for everyone to hear and also take account.

There was a dead silence when I said I was doing 500k. It was like they didn't hear well. I asked for the account number immediately and made d transfer. ( I no get time 4 chere ka mbia. Forgive me I am not igbo)

To cut the long story short, I humbled everyone (for just 500k o).

Na once every body just get sense o. While we were about going na so everybody dey drag to carry me for dia car grin grin

Come see as all man rush to collect my contact. As I dey like dis, my WhatsApp don full with messages. Both from naira land and from my mates at the re-union.

I dey plan to even blow their mind join when I invite them all for my birthday this December.

My mentor got this 1 wrong. I don first my mates hammer. Na grace sha.
[b][/b]

Their messages on WhatsApp don show me say country no balance o. I am planning to create a WhatsApp group for some of tgem that would love to venture into my line of business and mentor them.

Do you think that is a good idea?
Please let me know. Thanks

@OP na u come b oppressor las las, I beg mention me when u create the WhatsApp forum for the agro biz make I give u my digits as I like join too, more success man.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Martinez39s(m): 8:23am On Jul 24, 2022
SavageBoy:
I dey tell you, no cap

The guy's advertising strategy na world class mehngrin

When I read the part where he said he makes about 30k from his phone, I just know say guy man wan use this school reunion epistle advertise him business

But op you try, you got nice writing skills, you sabi garnish fable them am to an award winning literary piece
If his story was concocted by him alone and wasn't borrowed from anywhere, then we must applaud his ingenuity and writing skills even though we know what he is trying to do. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by qwertyboss(m): 8:25am On Jul 24, 2022
U donated 100k is reasonable... credible...
But 500k even politicians they think am

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Fahdiga(m): 8:30am On Jul 24, 2022
posty56:
he gave his old classmates up to one million bruh
Obi Cubana donated 40 million to his old classmates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by SEGLIZ: 8:44am On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Well, for those saying I was showing off, I admit I did. I just couldn't resist the temptation. But right now, I swear I regret my actions. I really had no point to prove.

Damn.
first, what line of agro are you in? I'm interested.

secondly, none will be willing to learn from you but keep collecting from you.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by cayorday89(m): 8:47am On Jul 24, 2022
OP, In the end na you come be oppressor, I will tell you this for free, those you felt were oppressing you or others are only doing their best to be up there with their peers, not to look so odd and not necessarily to oppress others, if not, many would have pledge to donate huge sum of money and still end up not paying a kobo or pay the actual small amount they can afford and give the group stories later, will you now force them to pay?
Besides, bolt ride is no longer a luxury, I have never even used that stuff for once and when I see people using it, I don't feel awkward or inferior.
As for my own class re-union, I doubt the oppression thing will happen, virtually all of us grew up together in a very large community and we all know one another's homes and families, so forming has never been a thing, even after secondary school when we grew apart, our head girl saw me in a jamb centre when she was in her finals and she ran to hug me from back and was excited to see me, same happened when I gained admission, another classmate saw me from the bus she was in, she had to come down and ran to meet me,she was in 400lvl in same Uni, several other instances like that. At times it is we hailing ourselves on Facebook, distance no just permit us for re-union.

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Theweb: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2022
schooling is the best stage of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Josephfabo: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Please read patiently

I happen to be one of the luckiest persons on this planet. Not because I was born with a silver spoon, intelligent, or handsome. Heck a lot of people could do better than me in those areas.

I am lucky cos around 2019 I was opportuned to have a billionaire become my mentor. I had always known this man from 2015, but he didn't know me. We never had met until July 2019, but I always read about him and engaged him online until we met in 2019.

When I met him, I was broke and had almost nothing. He on the other hand had just lost 800 million naira. He just took interest in me irrespective of ethnic difference (he is yoruba, I am Akwa ibom)

One of the first things he said to me about himself in July 2019 was that he doesn't go for his secondary school re-union. Without waiting for me to ask for the reason he told me.

According to him, he had gone for his secondary school re-union many years back, and didn't like what he saw. Many of his colleagues were living fake lives. They only came to compete and measure their level of success. (these are people above 50. I thought this was a madness for young adults)

My mentor said even though he was the richest amongst all of them by all material indices (standards), yet he felt uneasy in their midst.
Many had to cook up lies, pull up in rented cars etc just to sell a false image.

I had finished secondary school since 2010, and because life was rough, I never bothered about secondary school re-union. Truth be told I was secretly hoping for when I would blow so I could go and show off. U get?

Working closely with my mentor started shaping my mind. I stopped hustling for the competition. My mentor always asked me, what if by d time u finally made it, u realize that all ur contemporaries had already made it??

I finally started seeing some good money last year. Majorly this year. I could literally give out 300k and not feel it. Of course I make a minimum of 30k to 40k weekly with my fone. Excluding my major source of income. In a month, I make more than 400k from my agro business, and I have not even mentioned my education business.

My cousin who went to the same sec. Sch with me convinced me last week to join him let's attend our sec. Sch re-union. At first I hesitated, but my cousin is not some1 who gives up easily. So I finally obliged.

Guess what! De ja vu.

What my mentor told me is exactly what I saw. Competition at its peak. Twas crazy Mehn! If I were still broke maybe I would be depressed.

Everyone was elegantly dressed except me. Everyone came with bolt except me. I felt out of place Mehn!
My only consolation was that I knew I was doing better than most of those guys there so I just kept my cool and sat behind.

I always came 2nd 3rd or few times 4th. So I knew I would be among those that would be on the spot light. A few friends came around, did a little bit of chit chat and exchanged contacts and that was all.

Some of us were married, the single girls didn't even come close to me cos I didn't look flashy. I didn't even try to force myself on anyone. I just sat one place observing.

After everything, we decided to contribute money to renovate a part of the male hostel that had gone up in flames some weeks ago.

It was at this moment that I became very keen and attentive. The first person to donate was our head girl. Very modest and nice person. She was married now and exhibited maturity more than the rest of the girls. She did 20k, but promised to transfer the cash by first week of next month. The head boy followed. He was well dressed. He did 20k too and promised to transfer next week Friday.

Me I was just shocked that after the whole packaging the guy still wan transfer 20k after 1 week. Wonders shall never end.

Some other guy on dread lock transferred 12k. I was impressed. First guy to actually give cash. Other people followed suit. Some gave 2k, 5k, 1k. Etc. Look I am not looking down on anyone, but after all the packaging no body could even do 50k.

We were only 51 (our set was ss3a and ss3b) everyone had done their donation and I was left. I beckoned to my cousin (who was d anchor) that I would do mine in private. My cousin (foolish boy) rejected d idea and everyone supported him. They wanted me to say my donation openly for everyone to hear and also take account.

There was a dead silence when I said I was doing 500k. It was like they didn't hear well. I asked for the account number immediately and made d transfer. ( I no get time 4 chere ka mbia. Forgive me I am not igbo)

Na once every body just get sense o. While we were about going na so everybody dey drag to carry me for dia car grin grin

Come see as all man rush to collect my contact. As I dey like dis, my WhatsApp don full with messages. Both from naira land and from my mates at the re-union.

I dey plan to even blow their mind join when I invite them all for my birthday this December.

[b][/b]

Their messages on WhatsApp don show me say country no balance o. I am planning to create a WhatsApp group for some of tgem that would love to venture into my line of business and mentor them.

Welcome to Nairaland. Wey everybody na billionaire and get like 3 houses for lekki

OP nice fiction. You’d do well in the nollywood industry

2 Likes

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by ublight: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2022
Mehn! The backlash I dey get from here don make me reason to commit suicide o
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by diogo23: 9:51am On Jul 24, 2022
Antihypocrite:

Oil dey ur head. Help me slap dis op. Money miss road. For ur mind now u dey wise
Jealousy is a disease, you're a kind of person that will poison a friend because he is doing better than you
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by flames007(m): 10:06am On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Please read patiently

Guess what! De ja vu.

[b][/b]

There's love in sharing. They are all expecting to get fish - trust me, if you give anyone of them just once, just prepare to continue to give the fish everyday cos they'll keep coming back.

So the best thing to do is teach them how to fish. This is also an avenue to weed out the lazy gold-diggers among them who just want to receive, receive, and receive just because you were colleagues once.

Finally, i also want to be on your level boss. Help my life. Don't give me the fish; teach me your line of business too. Here's my contact so you can add me to the group if you ever create it 08120653907.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by fashionale(m): 10:34am On Jul 24, 2022
Secondary school reunion for me is pure love ... I benefitted from mine when I lost my wife and child two years ago. They were with me in all angle... Even some that were not in Nigeria were calling and showing sympathy. Till today I'm still grateful to them... In fact, I owe them. They were part of reasons that made me to pull through grieve and depression and I didn't commit suicide.. God bless my secondary school reunion group..

NB: they did this during the period the group was in comatose because of embezzlement of our money from financial secretary. Still they came together and came for my comfort...
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Ejuna80: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Please read patiently

Guess what! De ja vu.

[b][/b]

Secondary school experience is always the best because that is where true friendship is birthed. You guys grew up together and were naughty together. Meanwhile giving back to your Alma mater is a good thing. Also I'm interested in learning the business.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by blaquebelle: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
grin grin grin grin grin
OP are you telling me you weren't expecting that? Or you expected people to hail you for donating more than necessary in the name of blowing their mind. You even plan invite them to your mind-blowing party. Well done oo.

Just realise that if people online can react like this to the story then your actual classmates that were there with you might even think more evil about your actions. And you've just opened up your life to them. Please, be very careful.

Make we no hear say den poison you for NL front page.

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by blaquebelle: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2022
And for God's sake, y'all should stop quoting long posts on NL angry

Seun please can you add a feature where quoted posts only show the first few lines with a 'Read more' option to spread the message optionally.

Mods please help us table this with your Oga. Cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by satandeterrible: 11:32am On Jul 24, 2022
ublight abi na wetin
Whatever you do, keep your classmates far away from your line of business.
Its always better to help from afar than to take them in.
Those people never cared about you when they thought you were nothing, and even now they do not really care. They're only after what you can offer and some will envious folks amongst them will try to bring about your downfall, one way or another.

If you go from hero to zero, they'll mock you, they'll treat you with disdain and you'll be the biggest loser.

You certainly didn't learn much from your mentor. If you did, you would know that it is always necessary to keep friends away your direct source of living, except partners and really trusted friends.

That is, if your story is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by MrBroke(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
This nigga be lying. MR OP you are looking for people to join you in agro Business or what is the moral of your cooked story that ain't done.

2 Likes

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by MandGEnterprise: 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
MrBroke:
This nigga be lying. MR OP you are looking for people to join you in agro Business or what is the moral of your cooked story that ain't done.

It'd end in Buy my Ebook

Baba wan sell him Ebook grin grin
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by TheSHELBEE: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
thesicilian:

It all goes to show that at the end, the oppressed can easily become the oppressor if given the opportunity.
This...

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by luminouz(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
posty56:
first of all ,I will never attend a secondary School reunion , because after school finish non gave a flying fuq about me so why should I , second of my all will ratther be lonely than buy friendship with money ,which you just did ,to make it worse you you gave everybody your contact unto wetin how do you feel comfortable that people only want to be with you because of your money. everything you did was just totally dumb plain and simple

You nailed it!!!

But I think OP was touched by the poverty in the land and wanted to help mentor some of his mates. But he won't find love or even friendship doing it, except for those genuinely good like the head girl.

Being successful is a lonely road. You may never know who truly gives a fuq about you.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by MrBroke(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
MandGEnterprise:

It'd end in Buy my Ebook

Baba wan sell him Ebook grin grin

No b small grin
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by luminouz(m): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
thesicilian:
I don't go to reunions, be it school or family. And it's mainly for people like the you the OP. Unknown fo to you, you became the oppressor you were avoiding all those years.
You said nobody donated up to 50k, why didn't you just give your 20-50k and leave, if you really didn't care about showing off? And knowing fully well that a 100k would have "humbled them" you gave a whopping 500k! To what end?

It all goes to show that at the end, the oppressed can easily become the oppressor if given the opportunity.

Nice analysis!!!

In fact, I would have donated 1k...to complete my so-called shame. grin

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by luminouz(m): 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:

Some are jealous and hurtful with their comments but others say it as it is.

Your admitted you were carried away and you didn't need to prove any point. That's good enough for me. You showed you can identify and correct mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by luminouz(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
blaquebelle:
And for God's sake, y'all should stop quoting long posts on NL angry

Seun please can you add a feature where quoted posts only show the first few lines with a 'Read more' option to spread the message optionally.

Mods please help us table this with your Oga. Cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Pained this much?

What are we having for lunch? grin

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Lilsameey: 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
muystoy:
Iro po,iro po,iro po, Oti po repete,Oti po repete,oti po po po.kwantinu! sho gbo?

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by VenumX: 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yahoo boy thread.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Bored. / 15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For. / I Wanna Join The 'awon Werey' Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.