Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,106 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:08 AM

My Secondary School Re-union Experience - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Secondary School Re-union Experience (8079 Views)

How My Secondary School Classmate Insulted Me On Facebook In 2012 / I Have Been Sleeping With My Secondary Teacher For Months Now! What Do I Do / My Secondary Smallie Frm 2016 Is Coming To See Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Juliearth(f): 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
#showoff

I think your mentor did a bad job in mentoring you. I guess he didn't teach you that wealth is a phase and if not well managed, it could fizzle away like gas in an open canister.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Akwaibomdude(m): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Please read patiently

I happen to be one of the luckiest persons on this planet. Not because I was born with a silver spoon, intelligent, or handsome. Heck a lot of people could do better than me in those areas.

I am lucky cos around 2019 I was opportuned to have a billionaire become my mentor. I had always known this man from 2015, but he didn't know me. We never had met until July 2019, but I always read about him and engaged him online until we met in 2019.

When I met him, I was broke and had almost nothing. He on the other hand had just lost 800 million naira. He just took interest in me irrespective of ethnic difference (he is yoruba, I am Akwa ibom)

One of the first things he said to me about himself in July 2019 was that he doesn't go for his secondary school re-union. Without waiting for me to ask for the reason he told me.

According to him, he had gone for his secondary school re-union many years back, and didn't like what he saw. Many of his colleagues were living fake lives. They only came to compete and measure their level of success. (these are people above 50. I thought this was a madness for young adults)

My mentor said even though he was the richest amongst all of them by all material indices (standards), yet he felt uneasy in their midst.
Many had to cook up lies, pull up in rented cars etc just to sell a false image.

I had finished secondary school since 2010, and because life was rough, I never bothered about secondary school re-union. Truth be told I was secretly hoping for when I would blow so I could go and show off. U get?

Working closely with my mentor started shaping my mind. I stopped hustling for the competition. My mentor always asked me, what if by d time u finally made it, u realize that all ur contemporaries had already made it??

I finally started seeing some good money last year. Majorly this year. I could literally give out 300k and not feel it. Of course I make a minimum of 30k to 40k weekly with my fone. Excluding my major source of income. In a month, I make more than 400k from my agro business, and I have not even mentioned my education business.

My cousin who went to the same sec. Sch with me convinced me last week to join him let's attend our sec. Sch re-union. At first I hesitated, but my cousin is not some1 who gives up easily. So I finally obliged.

Guess what! De ja vu.

What my mentor told me is exactly what I saw. Competition at its peak. Twas crazy Mehn! If I were still broke maybe I would be depressed.

Everyone was elegantly dressed except me. Everyone came with bolt except me. I felt out of place Mehn!
My only consolation was that I knew I was doing better than most of those guys there so I just kept my cool and sat behind.

I always came 2nd 3rd or few times 4th. So I knew I would be among those that would be on the spot light. A few friends came around, did a little bit of chit chat and exchanged contacts and that was all.

Some of us were married, the single girls didn't even come close to me cos I didn't look flashy. I didn't even try to force myself on anyone. I just sat one place observing.

After everything, we decided to contribute money to renovate a part of the male hostel that had gone up in flames some weeks ago.

It was at this moment that I became very keen and attentive. The first person to donate was our head girl. Very modest and nice person. She was married now and exhibited maturity more than the rest of the girls. She did 20k, but promised to transfer the cash by first week of next month. The head boy followed. He was well dressed. He did 20k too and promised to transfer next week Friday.

Me I was just shocked that after the whole packaging the guy still wan transfer 20k after 1 week. Wonders shall never end.

Some other guy on dread lock transferred 12k. I was impressed. First guy to actually give cash. Other people followed suit. Some gave 2k, 5k, 1k. Etc. Look I am not looking down on anyone, but after all the packaging no body could even do 50k.

We were only 51 (our set was ss3a and ss3b) everyone had done their donation and I was left. I beckoned to my cousin (who was d anchor) that I would do mine in private. My cousin (foolish boy) rejected d idea and everyone supported him. They wanted me to say my donation openly for everyone to hear and also take account.

There was a dead silence when I said I was doing 500k. It was like they didn't hear well. I asked for the account number immediately and made d transfer. ( I no get time 4 chere ka mbia. Forgive me I am not igbo)

To cut the long story short, I humbled everyone (for just 500k o).

Na once every body just get sense o. While we were about going na so everybody dey drag to carry me for dia car grin grin

Come see as all man rush to collect my contact. As I dey like dis, my WhatsApp don full with messages. Both from naira land and from my mates at the re-union.

I dey plan to even blow their mind join when I invite them all for my birthday this December.

My mentor got this 1 wrong. I don first my mates hammer. Na grace sha.
[b][/b]

Their messages on WhatsApp don show me say country no balance o. I am planning to create a WhatsApp group for some of tgem that would love to venture into my line of business and mentor them.

Do you think that is a good idea?
Please let me know. Thanks

Bro me self I'm your brother man from the same state... Please guide me through this agro business.
I'm humble
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by ublight: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
Abeg. I don gree say I make mistake. Make person tell me wetin I go do now. Abeg.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by phemmyfour: 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Please read patiently

I happen to be one of the luckiest persons on this planet. Not because I was born with a silver spoon, intelligent, or handsome. Heck a lot of people could do better than me in those areas.

I am lucky cos around 2019 I was opportuned to have a billionaire become my mentor. I had always known this man from 2015, but he didn't know me. We never had met until July 2019, but I always read about him and engaged him online until we met in 2019.

When I met him, I was broke and had almost nothing. He on the other hand had just lost 800 million naira. He just took interest in me irrespective of ethnic difference (he is yoruba, I am Akwa ibom)

One of the first things he said to me about himself in July 2019 was that he doesn't go for his secondary school re-union. Without waiting for me to ask for the reason he told me.

According to him, he had gone for his secondary school re-union many years back, and didn't like what he saw. Many of his colleagues were living fake lives. They only came to compete and measure their level of success. (these are people above 50. I thought this was a madness for young adults)

My mentor said even though he was the richest amongst all of them by all material indices (standards), yet he felt uneasy in their midst.
Many had to cook up lies, pull up in rented cars etc just to sell a false image.

I had finished secondary school since 2010, and because life was rough, I never bothered about secondary school re-union. Truth be told I was secretly hoping for when I would blow so I could go and show off. U get?

Working closely with my mentor started shaping my mind. I stopped hustling for the competition. My mentor always asked me, what if by d time u finally made it, u realize that all ur contemporaries had already made it??

I finally started seeing some good money last year. Majorly this year. I could literally give out 300k and not feel it. Of course I make a minimum of 30k to 40k weekly with my fone. Excluding my major source of income. In a month, I make more than 400k from my agro business, and I have not even mentioned my education business.

My cousin who went to the same sec. Sch with me convinced me last week to join him let's attend our sec. Sch re-union. At first I hesitated, but my cousin is not some1 who gives up easily. So I finally obliged.

Guess what! De ja vu.

What my mentor told me is exactly what I saw. Competition at its peak. Twas crazy Mehn! If I were still broke maybe I would be depressed.

Everyone was elegantly dressed except me. Everyone came with bolt except me. I felt out of place Mehn!
My only consolation was that I knew I was doing better than most of those guys there so I just kept my cool and sat behind.

I always came 2nd 3rd or few times 4th. So I knew I would be among those that would be on the spot light. A few friends came around, did a little bit of chit chat and exchanged contacts and that was all.

Some of us were married, the single girls didn't even come close to me cos I didn't look flashy. I didn't even try to force myself on anyone. I just sat one place observing.

After everything, we decided to contribute money to renovate a part of the male hostel that had gone up in flames some weeks ago.

It was at this moment that I became very keen and attentive. The first person to donate was our head girl. Very modest and nice person. She was married now and exhibited maturity more than the rest of the girls. She did 20k, but promised to transfer the cash by first week of next month. The head boy followed. He was well dressed. He did 20k too and promised to transfer next week Friday.

Me I was just shocked that after the whole packaging the guy still wan transfer 20k after 1 week. Wonders shall never end.

Some other guy on dread lock transferred 12k. I was impressed. First guy to actually give cash. Other people followed suit. Some gave 2k, 5k, 1k. Etc. Look I am not looking down on anyone, but after all the packaging no body could even do 50k.

We were only 51 (our set was ss3a and ss3b) everyone had done their donation and I was left. I beckoned to my cousin (who was d anchor) that I would do mine in private. My cousin (foolish boy) rejected d idea and everyone supported him. They wanted me to say my donation openly for everyone to hear and also take account.

There was a dead silence when I said I was doing 500k. It was like they didn't hear well. I asked for the account number immediately and made d transfer. ( I no get time 4 chere ka mbia. Forgive me I am not igbo)

Na once every body just get sense o. While we were about going na so everybody dey drag to carry me for dia car grin grin

Come see as all man rush to collect my contact. As I dey like dis, my WhatsApp don full with messages. Both from naira land and from my mates at the re-union.

I dey plan to even blow their mind join when I invite them all for my birthday this December.

[b][/b]

Their messages on WhatsApp don show me say country no balance o. I am planning to create a WhatsApp group for some of tgem that would love to venture into my line of business and mentor them.

That's a good idea....The motive of school reunion is to help one another on eagles wings.

That's what our politicians do, the likes of mko, obj etc attended same secondary school.

If I m a Carpenter and I have a contract proposal in your office, I should be your priority. You are there to help those struggling come up if not level up
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by blessed2share: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Please read patiently

1. My mentor got this 1 wrong. I don first my mates hammer. Na grace sha.

2. Do you think that is a good idea?

Chairman,

1. Your mentor was not wrong. He said "what if ...?" He just painted a scenario and gave you a reason to be humble unfortunately, you didn't follow his advice.
2. No it was not a good idea like some folks here have mentioned. E get why some people will always donate anonymously. Again, you're not better than the people you ranted about. Na all of you dey try show off.
3. Don't be surprised if someone that gave 10 or 20K in that reunion ends up giving much more than they announced or even more than you. It is called discretion.
4. Finally, be humble. From your narration, 500K still seems like a big amount for your income, which is around 1M (max) going by your narration. When people see you giving 500K, they assume you're making that much in a day or a few days at most and they will come at you with requests. Unless if you're trying entrap/entice/impress people, I think you should relax and enjoy your money quietly.

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by AndroidAI(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
blaquebelle:
And for God's sake, y'all should stop quoting long posts on NL angry

Seun please can you add a feature where quoted posts only show the first few lines with a 'Read more' option to spread the message optionally.

Mods please help us table this with your Oga. Cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44

You'll wait till eternity. That lazy modafuka couldn't even add a simple block button, what makes you think he will do this? Instead he'd rather spend his entire day on Twitter exposing his tribalistic nature.

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by ChohuRigwe: 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
clericuzzio:
if you believe this cook up story, am sorry I can't help you.

even obi cubana no go give N500k for re-union .

Do u even know whether is the obi cubana that wrote this?
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Chiraq77(m): 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
exceptional copy writing skills the op got.

1 Like

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Munamoqel: 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
thesicilian:
I don't go to reunions, be it school or family. And it's mainly for people like the you the OP. Unknown fo to you, you became the oppressor you were avoiding all those years.
You said nobody donated up to 50k, why didn't you just give your 20-50k and leave, if you really didn't care about showing off? And knowing fully well that a 100k would have "humbled them" you gave a whopping 500k! To what end?

It all goes to show that at the end, the oppressed can easily become the oppressor if given the opportunity.
na 419 yarn
.he want your to ask his line of business na to direct you to another Ponzi scheme!
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Johnlegacy57: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
In the end you became the very thing you were afraid of.

2 Likes

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Aklee4994(m): 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
blaquebelle:
And for God's sake, y'all should stop quoting long posts on NL angry

Seun please can you add a feature where quoted posts only show the first few lines with a 'Read more' option to spread the message optionally.

Mods please help us table this with your Oga. Cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44

this your quote Dey give me joy this night...you’re a good observer and a intelligent man like myself
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Aklee4994(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
Werey say read carefully... even if you know read carefully you go still understand this story
If people write this kind your long story for here them Dey beg for any error and pls read but you no beg that one make me know say nah lie... you too cool down cook this reasonable funny lie from a wise man like myself

2 Likes

Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Aklee4994(m): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
ublight:
Abeg. I don gree say I make mistake. Make person tell me wetin I go do now. Abeg.
with this your comment I don’t dilute my words you get money come relax Dey read our quote come Dey smile us all
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Elvinho2244(m): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hey Bro, good day
I tried messaging you but they’re telling me i have too many anonymous messages, I have followed you, how can i reach you, please note that i dont want to beg you money o �
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by ublight: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
Abeg make una no pm again
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by Patriotsleague: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2022
You sabi lie.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by reeleriksen(m): 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
Boss can you be my mentor please
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by phemy36(m): 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2022
talk2hb1:
I guess I smell some lies above.
Number one problem you face when you have money is not showing off, why because people will start treating you differently and nobody like being treated differently.
How old are you please
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by talk2hb1(m): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
phemy36:

How old are you please
35+
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by LikeAking: 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
ublight:
Please read patiently

Guess what! De ja vu.

[b][/b]

Lies and fantasy, but it was entertaining.

U sef go show off.. In ya mind.
Re: My Secondary School Re-union Experience by ifihearam: 12:08am On Sep 28, 2022
hope you never scam those people wey believe your lies like peter obi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Bored. / Woman Begs Husband To Cheat, Because Of The Way He Makes Love To Her. / Lady Buys Boxers For Her Boyfriend, Printed Her Face On It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.