Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? (12447 Views)

Controversial Pastor Kingsley Quotes Men Using Bible Verse to Credit Their Women / Bible Of Breast Chapter 23 Verse 1-4: Gigantomastia Girls Are Hot / What's Your Favorite Pubic Hair Style? Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by dapbims: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
Phillips 4 : 8

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
Deuteronomy vs 22vs5

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by cumoverna: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
Segzy22:
And you call yourself a Christian?

You typed this rubbish just because you are supporting a politician!!!

Nigerians play a lot with everything.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by seunpas: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Galatians 6 v 9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Colossians 2:15.

“And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”
— Colossians 2:15 (KJV)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Gifted4all(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
Luke 10 :19
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by frankmoney(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
Romans 8:11
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
esosuo:
John 3:16. I no know pass like that lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. I no get power to take Dey cram bible verse
Then be ready for hell.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Sheggy13(m): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hebrews 4:15-16
"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities;  but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy,  and  find grace to help in time of need."
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by IbileIfe: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Totiemide: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
Psalm 103. The whole chapter
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by 2special(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Christ in me the hope of Glory....1colosian
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
ROMANS 5-8, GOD EXPRESSED HIS LOVE TOWARDS US IN THAT WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR US. ETERNAL LIFE IS GOD'S GREATEST GIFT TO HUMANITY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by BootyliciousBoy(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
Isaiah 49:24-26
King James Version

24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?

25 But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.

26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Etimemy: 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
Matthew 7:7-11
What ever I ask in the name of Jesus I received it

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Chienex24(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
Phillipians 2: 1-11- talks about what humility and obedience to God can do in one's life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Etimemy: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
APOSTLECHUMA:
ROMANS 5-8, GOD EXPRESSED HIS LOVE TOWARDS US IN THAT WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR US. ETERNAL LIFE IS GOD'S GREATEST GIFT TO HUMANITY.
Hallelujah
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by mema900: 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
Danielle09:
One of my favorite Bible verses comes from Matthew 6:26 KJV which says

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

The reason is these words spoken by Jesus himself we are reveal a comforting truth about our heavenly Father’s care for us.This verse communicates the message that God looks after every life and everything here in His creation

We see that even though creatures like birds do not, sow, or reap, or gather food, that they are still provided for by God.Then we are presented with the rhetorical question that asks “Are ye not much better than they” which lets us know that we are worth more to God than these creatures, and assures us that if God looks after and cares for every bird that flies through the air, we can expect and look forward to even more!

So what's yours?

You just giving yourself good reasons not to work hard.

My fav is faith without work is dead
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Sleekfingers: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Danielle09:
One of my favorite Bible verses comes from Matthew 6:26 KJV which says

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

The reason is these words spoken by Jesus himself we are reveal a comforting truth about our heavenly Father’s care for us.This verse communicates the message that God looks after every life and everything here in His creation

We see that even though creatures like birds do not, sow, or reap, or gather food, that they are still provided for by God.Then we are presented with the rhetorical question that asks “Are ye not much better than they” which lets us know that we are worth more to God than these creatures, and assures us that if God looks after and cares for every bird that flies through the air, we can expect and look forward to even more!

So what's yours?

Not a Christian though. But i follow these

1. An eye for an eye
2. Thou shalt not judge
3. Give what belongs to to Caesar to caesar
4. Cast the first stone
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by gulfer: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, “I find no pleasure in them. ' (Eccl 12:1).

My all time best, always my reality check..... cool cool cool cool cool
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by EnuguUkwu1stSon: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
Psalm 2vs1, why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ecclesiastes 9:11,16,17, and 18

11. I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

16. Then said I, wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless, the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.

17. The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools.

18. Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by BigCowH0rn: 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jesus wept
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Godtemi: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ecclesiastes 12:13
King James Version

After all the king Solomon advice, his conclusion made me realize that in everything.

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Moscodee1990(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
Psalms 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.

Taught by my mum.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Not a Christian though. But i follow these

1. An eye for an eye
2. Thou shalt not judge
3. Give what belongs to to Caesar to caesar
4. Cast the first stone

Points 2,3 and 4 are valid but 1, is the old testament. We don't not do "an eye for an eye" anymore. Only makes sense if not, everyone will go blind.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Austin4Jesus(m): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
I have favourite verse every year, for this year, its;

Psalm 23 Verse 1.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

I trusted God for protection and provision and He did not fail me.

Then for Next year, I have chosen one already. Its

Nahum Chapter 1 Verse 9
What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

Amen and Amen. Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by guru90: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
Thought of good not of Evil......
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Hiarmn(m): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
Isaiah 43:18-19
King James Version
18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? by Krisdan(m): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
scrolling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brazilian Female Pastor Called Out For Wearing A Sexy Dress While Preaching(18+) / Sex In The Strangest Of Places... (pics) / Usefulness Of Ugly Girls in Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.