Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,861 members, 7,855,536 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (23528 Views)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2011
Azibalua:

Actually shows how small you are grin

Ok, I will get you a visa and a ticket to come and see me in the US, and I can assure you that you will come back here to say "Actually that shows how BIG you are" grin grin grin
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2011
29.Hebrews 7:5
And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham

We are told that the sons of Levi have a commandment to collect tithes in the new Testament.

Where in the Bible does it say that pastors have a principle to collect tithes from Christians
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by ogajim(m): 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2011
Febup:

Ok, I will get you a visa and a ticket to come and see me in the US, and I can assure you that you will come back here to say "Actually that shows how BIG you are" grin grin grin

You need to add 10% processing fee (I mean tithe) of the ticket value or "azibalua" ain't coming to see you in the good 'ol USA.

Babylon is falling to rise no more!
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2011
ogajim:

You need to add 10% processing fee (I mean tithe) of the ticket value or "azibalua" ain't coming to see you in the good 'ol USA.
Babylon is falling to rise no more!

Thanks for your advice, I will also start paying 20% tithe to azibalua direct so that I can receive all the blessings of tithing. God is Great! I'm now a 20% tither, the blessings are just too much.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by garyarnold(m): 12:06am On Aug 12, 2011
Consider the following:

When the children of Israel reached the promised land, with their animals, etc., every "family" had a farm.  But every "family member" was not a farmer.  They had all kinds of occupations.  But the "family" had a farm, and the tithe was on the crops and animals in herds and flocks, NOT on the wages or other types of income from the "family members."  The command to tithe wasn't on each individual, but rather on the "children of Israel" as a nation, or as a whole.  Church leaders put the tithe down to the individual level which is wrong. Putting the tithe down to the individual level creates all kinds of problems; i.e. some tithed, some did not.  It creates the problem of understanding that ALL attended the yearly feast, but not all tithed.  When you see the big picture that the tithe was on the nation as a whole, and not the individual, everything starts to fall into place.

If one farmer tithed but the one next to him didn't, did God withhold the rain on the land of the one who didn't tithe but pour out rain on the land of the one who did?      --OR--
was it the NATION that was blessed or cursed?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by wordtalk(m): 12:42am On Aug 12, 2011
garyarnold:

Consider the following:

When the children of Israel reached the promised land, with their animals, etc., every "family" had a farm.  But every "family member" was not a farmer.  They had all kinds of occupations.  But the "family" had a farm, and the tithe was on the crops and animals in herds and flocks, NOT on the wages or other types of income from the "family members."  The command to tithe wasn't on each individual, but rather on the "children of Israel" as a nation, or as a whole.  Church leaders put the tithe down to the individual level which is wrong. Putting the tithe down to the individual level creates all kinds of problems; i.e. some tithed, some did not.  It creates the problem of understanding that ALL attended the yearly feast, but not all tithed.  When you see the big picture that the tithe was on the nation as a whole, and not the individual, everything starts to fall into place.

Consider this: when Genesis first treated the subject of tithes, it was down to the individual. An individual (Abraham) gave tithes to Melchizedek, the priest of the Most High God. It was not down to the 'nation', but rather an individual was in view. And in that same individual is found God's promise to bless 'nations'. Whoever was to curse that individual was to also bring a curse upon himself or herself.

Those who choose to tithe with understanding have no problems doing so. Even where the NT speaks about proportional giving, it has everyone in view - "let every one of you lay by him in store," (1 Cor. 16:2), but anti-tithers will always have problems seeing very simple things for what they are!
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 12, 2011
Are pastors Melchizedek Malachi 3:10 that pastors are using to collect tithes relates to the levites and not the tithe Abram gave to Melchizedek as we are not told that Abram's tithe to Melchizedek will open the windows of heaven and pour out any blessing for Abram.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by garyarnold(m): 6:09am On Aug 12, 2011
Abram gave a tenth of the spoils to Melchizekek LONG BEFORE God changed his name to Abraham, and LONG BEFORE God made his covenant with Abraham which, by the way, said nothing about tithing.

Some tithers say they don't want to be legalistic, yet they keep the MOST LEGALISTIC part of the tithing commands - THE TENTH.  Then some claim they are following Abram's example when in fact they are not.  They are in fact following NO PART of Abram's example.  They are not giving a tenth of spoils.  They are not giving to a King-Priest.  They are not limiting their giving to a one-time event on something out-of-the-ordinary.  They are not giving away the rest of it.  They are fooling no one but themselves and the gullible.

That makes as much sense as taking the word sabbath out of the Bible and applying it to any time, any day that they don't feel like doing anything.  Just take a rest and call it a sabbath.  Gee, I guess I can keep a sabbath every afternoon for an hour or two.

What this is called is MANIPULATION of God's Word.  Take any word out of context and apply it the way YOU want to apply it.

If anyone can claim they tithe because they give a tenth of their income to the church, I can claim I tithe if I give a tenth of anything I have to the church.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Snowwy: 8:07am On Aug 12, 2011
Interesting read so far.

garyarnold:

If anyone can claim they tithe because they give a tenth of their income to the church, I can claim I tithe if I give a tenth of anything I have to the church.

I just had to comment on this statement and another you made. It seems like you are trying your best to show you tithe, I really do not get you. You claim you are against tithe on one hand then on another you say you can 'claim I tithe'.
What really are you trying to claim? In another post you said you can go tell people or your pastor that you tithe.
It seems you think you want to tithe cos you want to prove a point. lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, as I once said, it's you guys who do not tithe that are making a big deal about tithing and straining so much to justify your actions. God gave us all freewill, it is not by force.
Cheers.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by wordtalk(m): 8:47am On Aug 12, 2011
Snowwy:

I just had to comment on this statement and another you made. It seems like you are trying your best to show you tithe, I really do not get you. You claim you are against tithe on one hand then on another you say you can 'claim I tithe'.
What really are you trying to claim? In another post you said you can go tell people or your pastor that you tithe.
It seems you think you want to tithe cos you want to prove a point. lipsrsealed

He does not tithe. You should probably try and see how they argue - when they've exhausted themselves in their unfounded arguments, they then turn round and make a mockery of their position and end up displaying gapping inconsistencies.

Meanwhile, as I once said, it's you guys who do not tithe that are making a big deal about tithing and straining so much to justify your actions. God gave us all freewill, it is not by force.

Exactly. wink
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by wordtalk(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2011
@garyarnold,

^^ Mere excuses. wink

garyarnold:

Abram gave a tenth of the spoils to Melchizekek LONG BEFORE God changed his name to Abraham,

Nothing changes the fact that Abram is the very same person as Abraham ("Abram; the same is Abraham", 1 Chron. 1:27). When Hebrews speaks of his tithes to Melchizedek, the name used was Abraham, not Abram - showing that whether 'Abram' or 'Abraham' is used, it does not make any difference at all from the fact that the same person is being referred to.

and LONG BEFORE God made his covenant with Abraham which, by the way, said nothing about tithing.

You talk as if his tithes was a great sin the life of a man called to covenant blessings. Well, wake up! God had ALREADY called Abraham with a view to blessing him with the same covenant before and after he met Melchizedek. The terms of the covenant that he would be a father of nations are found in Gen. 12 before he met the priest of God, and also in Gen. 17 after he met the priest -

Gen. 12:2 - And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing;

Gen. 17:4 - As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Even so, Scripture does not ignore the fact that Melchizedek who received tithes also blessed the same Abraham in recognition of the promises of God (Heb. 7:6).

Some tithers say they don't want to be legalistic, yet they keep the MOST LEGALISTIC part of the tithing commands - THE TENTH.

You simply don't have a clue of what legalism is. The simple meaning or definition of the word 'tithe' is 'tenth' - even you cannot deny this, no matter how hard you tried. However, to insist that tithe is ALWAYS and ONLY 'food' or 'farm produce' is legalism, since that is not what Scripture teaches - unless you try even harder to ignore Abraham's tithes to Melchizedek. Only anti-tithing legalists argue that people today who want to tithe must adhere to food and farm produce - they cannot see beyond their legalism, and that's why they make every effort to contradict themselves.

Then some claim they are following Abram's example when in fact they are not. They are in fact following NO PART of Abram's example.  They are not giving a tenth of spoils. They are not giving to a King-Priest.  They are not limiting their giving to a one-time event on something out-of-the-ordinary.  They are not giving away the rest of it.  They are fooling no one but themselves and the gullible.

Do you know the meaning of 'example' as used in Scripture? grin An 'example' is not the repetition or replication of every detail in a contemporary situation. For instance, when Peter said in 1 Pet. 2:21 that, 'Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps', was he using the word 'example' in a literal sense? Was he asking us to go and be whipped by Romans soldiers and then get nailed on the cross between two thieves in Jerusalem just because we should follow in Christ's steps?

So, according to your argument, if we are not whipped 40 lashes by Roman soldiers, and if we are not condemned by the Jewish council and then be crucified or nailed between two thieves, and if also our getting nailed does not happen in Jerusalem, then we cannot follow the 'example' of Christ in our present Christian living, not so?

The problem with many anti-tithers is that their arguments are bereft of sound theology. They are not able to distinguish between their legalism and the use of 'example' in Scripture. They must insist on a replication of every detail in the OT or the Mosaic law, otherwise you cannot find any basis to draw from them for 'examples' of present applications. Such legalism would strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.

That makes as much sense as taking the word sabbath out of the Bible and applying it to any time, any day that they don't feel like doing anything.  Just take a rest and call it a sabbath.  Gee, I guess I can keep a sabbath every afternoon for an hour or two.

Exactly my point about your legalism. I don't know of anybody who has taken the sabbath to apply to any time or any day. Even in the Law, the word 'sabbath' is not restricted to a certain day or month in the Jewish calendar - it applies to different days, seasons and occasions. That is why you find it in the plural as 'sabbaths' (Lev. 19:30). Yet, when it is being spoken of in the NT for Christians, it affirms that "sabbatism" remains for the people of God and yet applies it to 'another day' (see Heb. 4). The basic meaning of 'sabbath' is 'rest' as pertaining to the things of God.

What this is called is MANIPULATION of God's Word.  Take any word out of context and apply it the way YOU want to apply it.

What you're doing is making your own legalistic manipulation to be the harbinger of Biblical interpretation. wink

Like your 'trash' from your trash can? grin
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Joagbaje(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2011
Febup:

Are pastors Melchizedek Malachi 3:10 that pastors are using to collect tithes relates to the levites and not the tithe Abram gave to Melchizedek as we are not told that Abram's tithe to Melchizedek will open the windows of heaven and pour out any blessing for Abram.

It is christ that is the high priest who recieves the tithes not the pastors.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

No it is men that die that receive the tithes and not Christ:
Hebrews 7: 8
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

If you pastors believe that Christ is alive you won't be collecting tithes for Christians today.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by wordtalk(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2011
Febup:

No it is men that die that receive the tithes and not Christ:

In EVERY type of offering, it is men that die who receive them. God did not personally come down to receive your own offering in any way - unless you are bent on proving that YOU do not give at all! Please show me WHEN and WHERE you have ever given anything directly into the hand of God - did He ever come down to your address to receive it physically by Himself?

Men receive things from other men - there is no argument against that. Show me when God came down to receive yours in a different way! grin

Hebrews 7: 8
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

- "but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth". Please tell me: of whom is it witnessed that HE LIVETH?

If you pastors believe that Christ is alive you won't be collecting tithes for Christians today.

Again I ask: of whom is it witnessed that "HE LIVETH"? It's easy to see your doubts about the witness of Christ who LIVES.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Snowwy: 10:48am On Aug 12, 2011
@Wordtalk,
I have actually had a discourse on other threads with them and I try to respect others opinions.
If you have strong reasons from the bible to prove you should not tithe, then way to go. If you have strong reasons from the bible to tithe then go ahead.
What I find strange is saying tithe is unbiblical/unscriptural then coming back and saying you have nothing against tithe per se or start claiming you tithe. Most of the reasons I see against tithe are actually excuses.

If you believe the bible says you should tithe, a pastor's way of preaching it should not stop you from fulfilling what you believe biblically.
Will you say you sinned because you were tempted to sin?
Where is your gift of choice?

Anyway, there is more to Christian living that all these debates.

'Edited'
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Joagbaje(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2011
wordtalk:

In EVERY type of offering, it is men that die who receive them. God did not personally come down to receive your own offering in any way - unless you are bent on proving that YOU do not give at all! Please show me WHEN and WHERE you have ever given anything directly into the hand of God - did He ever come down to your address to receive it physically by Himself?

Men receive things from other men - there is no argument against that. Show me when God came down to receive yours in a different way! grin

- "but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth". Please tell me: of whom is it witnessed that HE LIVETH?

Again I ask: of whom is it witnessed that "HE LIVETH"? It's easy to see your doubts about the witness of Christ who LIVES.

Thats the point .
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 12, 2011
And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham

We are told that the sons of Levi have a commandment to collect tithes in the new Testament.

Where in the Bible does it say that pastors have a commandment to collect tithes from Christians If any tithe proponent can show it to me, not by manipulation of the scriptures, then I will start paying my tithes to any pastors you nominate so that me too can start reaping the reward of tithing you guys have been telling us about grin grin grin
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Joagbaje(m): 11:15am On Aug 12, 2011
Febup:

Where in the Bible does it say that pastors have a commandment to collect tithes from Christians If any tithe proponent can show it to me, not by manipulation of the scriptures, then I will start paying my tithes to any pastors you nominate so that me too can start reaping the reward of tithing you guys have been telling us about grin grin grin

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by wordtalk(m): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2011
Snowwy:

@Wordtalk,
I have actually had a discourse on other threads with them and I try to respect others opinions.
If you have strong reasons from the bible to prove you should not tithe, then way to go. If you have strong reasons from the bible to tithe then go ahead.

I didn't realise you already are familiar with these folks. wink

What I find strange is saying tithe is unbiblical/unscriptural then coming back and saying you have nothing against tithe per se or start claiming you tithe.

Right on target! My dear friend, you have just highlighted the biggest fallacy ever in the anti-tithing argument/movement! Not only are they forever inconsistent, it makes me wonder why they would even bother to argue against something while yet pretending to not have any problem with what they condemn. It's like condemning adultery and then turning back to claim that they do not have any problem with the same adultery "per se".  grin

Most of the reasons I see against tithe are actually excuses.

I've said it before in other blogs - and I said it again here: anti-tithing arguments are mere excuses! Thank you for voicing out the same thing.

Anyway, there is more to Christian living that all these debates.

Very true. I sometimes wonder that most anti-tithers often have very little or nothing to discuss in other matters of the Christian faith.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by wordtalk(m): 11:33am On Aug 12, 2011
@Febup,

You have not told us how and where God came down personally to receive your own offering by His own Hand. Have you ever given God anything, or do you have anything to offer at all? Are your own offerings not received by MEN WHO DIE as well? grin

Febup:

Where in the Bible does it say that pastors have a commandment to collect tithes from Christians

Where in the Bible does it say that pastors are condemned for receiving tithes? grin grin

You see, all your doctored 'questions of convenience' are mere excuses to justify your position and fallacies. There are many doctored 'questions of convenience' that people can use to deny something in order to justify their preconceived arguments. For example, if a believer is not comfortable with and does not believe in the Deity of Christ, he or she may formulate a doctored question like, 'where in the Bible did Jesus say that He is God?' No matter how much you try to help such people, they will always come up with a doctored question.

Meanwhile, perhaps you have never read in Hebrews 7 that the Levitical tithes do not supercede the tithes of Abraham. That is why that chapter presents two types of tithes - one from Abraham, the other from Levi. Guess what? Even Levi also paid tithes in Abraham (Heb. 7:9 - "And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham."wink.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by wordtalk(m): 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^ "though they come out of the loins of Abraham"

- and what does Scripture say that they did in Abraham?

- "And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham" (Heb. 7:9)
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Joagbaje(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2011
Febup:

I don't really get the point you're trying to make here
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

I don't really get the point you're trying to make here
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by staggerman(m): 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by staggerman(m): 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2011
paul continues in verse 15,
15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by ogajim(m): 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2011
Pastor JoAgbaje don come again coming off the bench for viaro/pilgrim.1/(later day) Wordtalk .

Joagbaje:

Pastor JoAgbaje: Kindly point to the Scriptures and show us where Jesus Christ who DID NOT COLLECT TITHES on his Earthly journey somehow gave that responsibility to pastors of the Modern Churches of Nigeria LTD.

Joagbaje:

13 [color=#990000]Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
[/color]

Pastor JoAgbaje: I don't think you understand the CONTEXT of this quote because if Jesus Christ paid the ULTIMATE debt to free us from the BONDAGE of SIN and DEATH, aren't we the TEMPLE of God? Do you have another type of Temple in today's Christianity? Aren't we Royal Priests of God?

You wake up one morning, follow some jerry curled dude about and proclaim you have been called and now we are supposed to pay for you? Why can't you "eat" from the free will offerings since you want to be fed? Why must you impose a non-existent requirement on your flock?

Judgment day go though no be small.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by garyarnold(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2011
1 Corinthians 9:13-14 has nothing to do with tithing.

The tithe didn't go to the Temple to begin with. It went to the Levites who lived in the Levitical cities. Then the Levites took a tenth of the tithe to the Temple. Therefore, only 1%, not a tithe, went to the Temple. But there were many different types of offerings that went to the Temple.

Isn't it odd that even though Abram gave a tenth directly to Melchizedek, the king/priest, that some Christians think they can give directly to God by giving it to their pastor?

I find it quite offensive that pastors have appointed themselves to be the receiver of what belongs to God. After all, the pastor says the tithe belongs to God. Then he appoints himself to receive the tithe!!!

God never gave any pastor or church permission to receive his tithe. God commanded His tithe be taken to the Levites, FOREVER, in Numbers 18.

Since the tithe belongs to God, if a pastor accepts it isn't he stealing it from God? Can someone just appointment themselves to received God's tithe?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Snowwy: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2011
@garyarnold,
2 Chronicles 31:1-12 clearly shows there was a storehouse built in the temple where the offerings and tithes were stored up.

What about offering? So when you give offering in church, you give it to your pastor and not God?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Joagbaje(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2011
ogajim:

Pastor JoAgbaje don come again coming off the bench for viaro/pilgrim.1/(later day) Wordtalk .
Pastor JoAgbaje: Kindly point to the Scriptures and show us where Jesus Christ who DID NOT COLLECT TITHES on his Earthly journey somehow gave that responsibility to pastors of the Modern Churches of Nigeria LTD.

Pastor JoAgbaje: I don't think you understand the CONTEXT of this quote because if Jesus Christ paid the ULTIMATE debt to free us from the BONDAGE of SIN and DEATH, aren't we the TEMPLE of God? Do you have another type of Temple in today's Christianity? Aren't we Royal Priests of God?

You wake up one morning, follow some jerry curled dude about and proclaim you have been called and now we are supposed to pay for you? Why can't you "eat" from the free will offerings since you want to be fed? Why must you impose a non-existent requirement on your flock?

Judgment day go though no be small.

Clowns like you don't require intelligent response. cool

2 Timothy 2:23
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by garyarnold(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Snowwy,

In Nehemiah 10:37 we learn that the firstfruits were taken to the temple for the priests, and the tithes were taken to the Levites who lived in the Levitical cities. Therefore, we see that firstfruits have nothing to do with the tithe.

In Nehemiah 10:38 we learn that the Levites would take a tithe of the tithe to the Temple. It is this tithe, the tithe from the Levites, that went to the storehouse, not the tithe from the people. This is important to remember when we study Malachi 3:10.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Joagbaje(m): 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2011
garyarnold:

1 Corinthians 9:13-14 has nothing to do with tithing.

It sure has everything to do with it. The old testament reference he gave had to do with tithes and offerings.

Since the tithe belongs to God, if a pastor accepts it isn't he stealing it from God?  Can someone just appointment themselves to received God's tithe?

The pastor is not actually consuming tithes. It belongs to God. And the same way , tithes and offerings were used to run the affair of the temple . And welfare of ministers is only a part. Money given in church belongs to God. It's not pastors money.  Most pastors actually have their jobs and business and some few that are not allowed of God to do secular work are put on salary,Which still has to be approved for them by elders or G.O . According to the structure of their churches. It doesn't mean that the pastor collects tithes and spend on himself . The church money does not belong to a pastor. He is a steward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? / Is Coronavirus A Result Of God's Wrath? / Sam Adeyemi Accepted Into The Forbes Coaching Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.