Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (23479 Views)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by wordtalk(m): 1:19am On Aug 14, 2011
Snowwy:

@garyarnold,
i think i get your point.
However, you remind me of a doctor trying to 'sell' a bitter pill to a child, you call it it's synonym because it makes it more appealing and magical and this actually takes away the child's fear of this pill.
Many people get turned off by having to budget so you just repackaged it in fanciful wrapping and 'sold' it to them.
You sold them the same budget but gave it a 'fly name'.
It's all good.
Afterall, you removed the 'budget' fear and made it fun, so it worked for them (as you claimed).

In summary, i get the jist. Financial planning is 'sugar-coated' budgeting.

Very well put! smiley
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Snowwy: 1:27am On Aug 14, 2011
@ogajim,
you have a point.
Same way one wonders why people will fight over whether tithe is an essential part of giving or not.
Giving is a Christian value.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by njira(f): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Zikkyy, apologies for the late reply but i need to answer your last comment on my comment, i have decided that i dont have to wait till spiritual things are crystal clear to me before i engage in them, i choose to follow what my Pastor says long before i understand it, for i would rather follow it and it turns out to be a lie than not follow it and it turns out to be true
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Zikkyy(m): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2011
njira:

@Zikkyy, apologies for the late reply but i need to answer your last comment on my comment, i have decided that i dont have to wait till spiritual things are crystal clear to me before i engage in them, i choose to follow what my Pastor says long before i understand it, for i would rather follow it and it turns out to be a lie than not follow it and it turns out to be true

My sister, you no get wahala. Just be careful sha smiley if your pastor tells you all jump into the lagoon, and you decide to comply long before you understand the rational behind such directive, there will be problem oh smiley
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by njira(f): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2011
My relationship with my Pastor is strictly on spiritual principles that have Biblical backings, and jumping into the lagoon just for the sake of jumping in may not suffice
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Zikkyy(m): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
njira:

My relationship with my Pastor is strictly on spiritual principles that have Biblical backings,  and jumping into the lagoon just for the sake of jumping in may not suffice

That's okay. I don't see anything wrong with your approach (placing reliance on your pastor). just be careful. that's all.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Hutchie(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2011
The question of "Does God Want The Tithes of Money?" is not even worth asking. Under the Mosaic Law God required some specific things as tithes and although money was available at that time, money was never included in the tithe. The tithe was comprised of food and livestock/farm animals.

What God required in tithes from Israel has NO bearing whatsover on the church today. The commandments relating to the tithes were to Israel only and those commandments have been abolished by the New Covenant in Christ's blood. People seem to forget that the New Covenant church was founded by Jesus Christ who is the chief pastor (True Shepherd) and High Priest of the church which is His own body. Did Jesus command the church to pay tithes? Did He command the disciples/apostles to collect tithes? Did the apostles themselves command the church to tithe? I think an honest look at these questions will result in a resounding NO response.

We have freedom in Christ to give what we purpose in our own hearts. If you purpose in your heart to give a tenth (tithe) of your weekly or monthly salary to your local church then you are free to do so. Do not for one minute think that you can subject yourself to the Law by trying to giving to the Old Testament standard. This is the point that seems to be lost on supporters of the tithe today. Give what you want to freely and forget about the Malachi 3, Lev 27 and Deut 14 - all those scriptures relate to the Law of Moses and are not commandments to the church.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) / Elijah Ayodele: Tinubu Will Form A New Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.