Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

I've Been Scammed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've Been Scammed (2024 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
Previously I made a post soliciting for funds to pay my rent, I somehow raised the money and paid for an apartment somewhere else.

I've waited for days for the agent/caretaker in charge of the house to let me move in (the agreement was that I give him few days to fix somethings in the house) all to no avail.

I realised his phone was usually off and most times he wouldn't even pick. When he finally did, he asked me to meet him at Jikwoyi police station and that he's been arrested. He wanted me to come and write my name In the list of those he's owing.

It wasn't my first time hearing him say he's was arrested,but I thought he was giving excuses for delaying the renovation.

I got to the police station at Jikwoyi, the crowd was much (it was my first time in a police station) and so I felt it was a norm, of course people go get issues. When I saw him, the police woman asked if I was Scammed too... I was lost for 15 seconds. "I don't even know what's happening ma" then she said, "everyone you see outside was Scammed by him" we were over 40 people.. as at Thursday the amount of money he has collected from same house summed up to 12 million plus...

A man I met there had a story similar to mine, and he was asking the man in question what he wants him to do currently, as they do not have a roof over their head (himself and his newly married wife) one guy fro Auchi is currently devastated too, he got a job here in Abuja.. paid for a house only to realise the money has gone Into thin air..

My worries:
1. He gave the police his smart phone to sell for him so he could feed himself, and they sold it without thinking.
2. He only has 200k in his account and there's court order in the 200k (meaning he cannot withdraw it)
3. His girlfriend uses an iPhone 13 and she brings him food from time to time... and the police aren't still thinking .. I don't know why they've not even printed his statement of account yet to know where all the money went to. A good number of us paid to him and the rest paid to a lady's account
4. He has asked the police to charge him to court so he can go to prison. (His reason being that he's a walking corpse)
Re: I've Been Scammed by bmdmix15: 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
Damn.

I lost 450k recover 200k back for house matter
Re: I've Been Scammed by FaithELEFAN(f): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
@ OP Where did this happen?
Which area
Re: I've Been Scammed by FaithELEFAN(f): 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
bmdmix15:
Damn.

I lost 450k recover 200k back for house matter
where did this happen so as to verify the lie

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Scammed by DWJOBScom(m): 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
FaithELEFAN:

You know them too well
They write good stories

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
FaithELEFAN:

Abuja. If you're in Abuja I could take you to the police station so you'd see for yourself

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed by intruder15(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
The kind laugh I burst out after reading your number 3 eh, e fit cure depression.

700k live and direct
Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
FaithELEFAN:

Seriously? I mentioned Jikwoyi police station, I stated figures.. I haven't asked you for money so why would I lie?
Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
intruder15:
The kind laugh I burst out after reading your number 3 eh, e fit cure depression.

700k live and direct

Seriously.. it's funny and sad at the same time. When I saw him at the police station, I couldn't look at him.. I literally knelt down to thank this guy after he accepted my rent. The narrative was that the owner of the house is his boss.. and whatever amount he collects from the tenants would be accepted by the landlord. To think the same man who I narrated my story to and the reason I needed to move my family quickly would hurt me in such a manner?
Re: I've Been Scammed by NobleStag007: 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sweetooth:

Seriously? I mentioned Jikwoyi police station, I stated figures.. I haven't asked you for money so why would I lie?

Ignore the kids saying nonsense. They are still being fed. They don't know how far.

Sorry my guy. Chai

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
I fell in love with the kitchen, I'm a food blogger.. I had already imagined making sumptuous meals there and how a new environment would change our lives for a while... cry

When I entered the small room where he sat barefooted, I was like "Good afternoon Sir " and I could literally see one of the guys there strangle me with his eyes.. I felt he was an officer on mufti cause he looked too serious and sat directly opposite the man. It was after the police woman asked if I was Scammed too that he even spoke to me

He thought I was the said girl who brings him food... I probably wouldn't have left the station whole

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed by CHIEFCHICKEN: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sweetooth:
Previously I made a post soliciting for funds to pay my rent, I somehow raised the money and paid for an apartment somewhere else.

I've waited for days for the agent/caretaker in charge of the house to let me move in (the agreement was that I give him few days to fix somethings in the house) all to no avail.

I realised his phone was usually off and most times he wouldn't even pick. When he finally did, he asked me to meet him at Jikwoyi police station and that he's been arrested. He wanted me to come and write my name In the list of those he's owing.

It wasn't my first time hearing him say he's was arrested,but I thought he was giving excuses for delaying the renovation.

I got to the police station at Jikwoyi, the crowd was much (it was my first time in a police station) and so I felt it was a norm, of course people go get issues. When I saw him, the police woman asked if I was Scammed too... I was lost for 15 seconds. "I don't even know what's happening ma" then she said, "everyone you see outside was Scammed by him" we were over 40 people.. as at Thursday the amount of money he has collected from same house summed up to 12 million plus...

A man I met there had a story similar to mine, and he was asking the man in question what he wants him to do currently, as they do not have a roof over their head (himself and his newly married wife) one guy fro Auchi is currently devastated too, he got a job here in Abuja.. paid for a house only to realise the money has gone Into thin air..

My worries:
1. He gave the police his smart phone to sell for him so he could feed himself, and they sold it without thinking.
2. He only has 200k in his account and there's court order in the 200k (meaning he cannot withdraw it)
3. His girlfriend uses an iPhone 13 and she brings him food from time to time... and the police aren't still thinking .. I don't know why they've not even printed his statement of account yet to know where all the money went to. A good number of us paid to him and the rest paid to a lady's account
4. He has asked the police to charge him to court so he can go to prison. (His reason being that he's a walking corpse)
So what do you want Nairalanders to do for you now

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Scammed by intruder15(m): 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sweetooth:

Seriously.. it's funny and sad at the same time. When I saw him at the police station, I couldn't look at him.. I literally knelt down to thank this guy after he accepted my rent. The narrative was that the owner of the house is his boss.. and whatever amount he collects from the tenants would be accepted by the landlord. To think the same man who I narrated my story to and the reason I needed to move my family quickly would hurt me in such a manner?

It's well. The red flag is paying for rent to an individual account. God will see you through. Make they collect that Iphone 13 from that girl first.
Re: I've Been Scammed by bmdmix15: 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
FaithELEFAN:
egbeda u fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
CHIEFCHICKEN:

Two heads are better than one. This has got to be my first (personal) experience. I believe there are people who have gone through worse and their ideas,suggestions would go a long way. Words of encouragements too wouldn't be a bad idea (from those who can) because to be sincere this period has been the worst for me.

I wouldn't mind getting a physical hug too, because I'm not okay as it stands. cry

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
intruder15:

It's well. The red flag is paying for rent to an individual account. God will see you through. Make they collect that Iphone 13 from that girl first.

I don't know why they've not done that. She hasn't showed up again tho.. tomorrow I'll know if there's an update
Re: I've Been Scammed by Bluntguy: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is a prelude for another online fund raising abi?

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
Bluntguy:
This is a prelude for another online fund raising abi?

I didn't get one before.. and it's not Sir
Re: I've Been Scammed by FaithELEFAN(f): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
bmdmix15:
egbeda u fool

Not my hand writing angry

Re: I've Been Scammed by FaithELEFAN(f): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sweetooth:

I didn't get one before.. and it's not Sir

Ok oga mi sir angry

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
FaithELEFAN:

Ok oga mi sir angry

I'm a She... Madam mi Ma
Re: I've Been Scammed by bmdmix15: 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
FaithELEFAN:

Not my hand writing angry

Skyhighweb

Yup that's me the rest, gud luck with d fools u roll with in NL
Re: I've Been Scammed by techWriter3: 3:11am On Jul 25, 2022
You tell them too well They rewriting good stories
Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 4:16am On Jul 25, 2022
techWriter3:
You tell them too well They rewriting good stories

Who's they? Who are they? Why would I want to write good stories tho? When I needed assistance, I came out plain to say I needed one.. I'm in a mess and all I need right is suggestions, ideas, on how I can get my money back...

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed by Acidosis(m): 6:26am On Jul 25, 2022
intruder15:

It's well. The red flag is paying for rent to an individual account

Where else do you want to pay your rent? I have been paying to individual accounts all my life.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 6:37am On Jul 25, 2022
Acidosis:

Where else do you want to pay your rent? I have been paying to individual accounts all my life.

Exactly..
Re: I've Been Scammed by Greatzeus(m): 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
CHIEFCHICKEN:

You're still asking? He wants another donation sharp sharp,no time to check time grin
Where are all the Nairaland philanthropists,your attention are needed again grin

1 Like

Re: I've Been Scammed by Foodqueen(f): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
They work hand in hand with the police.

This scam method has been on for ages.

I av seen one close to where I was staying then in ketu.

Going to court is usually the only way, u people will believe that u will get your money back, but the truth is.. it is the end of that chapter.

U will visit the station tire. After that u all will rest, he will be release and look for another location to strike again.

It's mostly common with developers.

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Scammed by wunmi590(m): 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2022

Some agent are heartless, reason why I like transacting directly with the owner of the property.
Re: I've Been Scammed by Sweetooth(f): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Foodqueen:
They work hand in hand with the police.

This scam method has been on for ages.

I av seen one close to where I was staying then in ketu.

Going to court is usually the only way, u people will believe that u will get your money back, but the truth is.. it is the end of that chapter.

U will visit the station tire. After that u all will rest, he will be release and look for another location to strike again.

It's mostly common with developers.

To think a police man referred me to him...
Re: I've Been Scammed by Ishilove: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sweetooth:

Report him to his superiors
Re: I've Been Scammed by cayorday89(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2022
Sweetooth:

It is just adding up....

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHY ARE MEN LIKE THIS? IS IT RIGHT FOR AN MOG TO BE DOING THIS? / What Advice Do I Give Her? / Marijuna Is Breaking My Home,i Am Very Lonely. Any Advise On What To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.