Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? (28069 Views)

"Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by uchman(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
meobizy:
Next time you mention a post which states “five years is when people start double thinking their statuses,” make sure you’ve stayed hitched for as long as the minimum time mentioned. For all I care you’ve displayed a lack of comprehension associated with Nairalanders.

Na only your head sense dey, minister of family affairs, 5 year is not enough and 10 is...
Abegiii!
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by meobizy(f): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
uchman:

Na only your head sense dey, minister of family affairs, 5 year is not enough and 10 is...
Abegiii!
No point arguing with someone who only wants to entertain himself.
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by uchman(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2022
meobizy:
No point arguing with someone who only wants to entertain himself.

Ok
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by ehinmowo: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
JustforMen:

From Nigerian Burukutu of statistics grin grin grin grin angry

Provide your own stats na!!!

Lolzzzzzzzz. U no well o.
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by IvarDboneless: 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
pansophist:
Many of the renewals will be because exiting the marriage will be difficult due to kids, financial dependence, and loss of attractiveness. Very few marriages are made in heaven.
U right bro just because of the kids nothing else this girls ain't loyal at all
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by omooba969(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Why then did you marry her and not your EX?

JAMB question.
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
omooba969:

JAMB question.

Birds of a feather, I guess?
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by timilehin007(m): 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Why then did you marry her and not your EX?
it's a long story... either of us could have been dead by now..
You need not know much, just know I love her till eternity but we don't always get everything we want...

2 Likes

Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
timilehin007:
it's a long story... either of us could have been dead by now..
You need not know much, just know I love her till eternity but we don't always get everything we want...

Sad. Was your relationship violent? I bet you must be regretting now.

Is she married? You know you could take her in as a second wife, no biggie.
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by timilehin007(m): 3:18am On Jul 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Sad. Was your relationship violent? I bet you must be regretting now.

Is she married? You know you could take her in as a second wife, no biggie.
yes it was so violent...was why I said one of us could have been dead now... apart from her stubbornness... she's everything a man would want in a woman...is is so so so cute, and I blv it's truth we were 100% compatible...with her I was living very very large..was young, very young but in my early 30s then but I was fulfilled....I had landed property I was raising, had a nice car living in a very expensive but affordable rented apartment...the moment she left me... everything crumbled...was as if I was cursed..my gas business of around 1.2 million crumbled, my car engine suddenly knocked.. etc....the challenges was unbearable that suicide became the best option...but I survived...she was madly violent but she's could still be tolerated...I should not have responded and retaliated too...this happened severely... I wasn't man enough..she's married but she is regretting too for disrespecting me

but inside of me, I'm regretting for not being able to man up whenever she came up with her normal womanly behaviors...

1 Like

Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
timilehin007:

yes it was so violent...was why I said one of us could have been dead now... apart from her stubbornness... she's everything a man would want in a woman...is is so so so cute, and I blv it's truth we were 100% compatible...with her I was living very very large..was young, very young but in my early 30s then but I was fulfilled....I had landed property I was raising, had a nice car living in a very expensive but affordable rented apartment...the moment she left me... everything crumbled...was as if I was cursed..my gas business of around 1.2 million crumbled, my car engine suddenly knocked.. etc....the challenges was unbearable that suicide became the best option...but I survived...she was madly violent but she's could still be tolerated...I should not have responded and retaliated too...this happened severely... I wasn't man enough..she's married but she is regretting too for disrespecting me

but inside of me, I'm regretting for not being able to man up whenever she came up with her normal womanly behaviors...

Your story sends shivers down my spine. But, you know, it's best not to keep dwelling on the past and what it brought, it will only steal your joy. It keeps making you feel incomplete and projects your past and hurt such that your peace is robbed.

Presently, your wife should be the source of your happiness. There's something that got you attracted to her from the start, find it. No one has got it all. We only choose to make the present the best and stick with it. I know it's easier said than done, but, make it easy for yourself to heal and move on.

Embrace the lessons.

2 Likes

Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by timilehin007(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Your story sends shivers down my spine. But, you know, it's best not to keep dwelling on the past and what it brought, it will only steal your joy. It keeps making you feel incomplete and projects your past and hurt such that your peace is robbed.

Presently, your wife should be the source of your happiness. There's something that got you attracted to her from the start, find it. No one has got it all. We only choose to make the present the best and stick with it. I know it's easier said than done, but, make it easy for yourself to heal and move on.

Embrace the lessons.
thank you...I'm working on being a better person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by africantycoon: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Embrace the lessons.

one of the lessons is that there is no perfect woman and that no matter which girl you pick she will still hv flaws which is why single lifestyle is kinda better.....

1 Like

Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
africantycoon:

one of the lessons is that there is no perfect woman and that no matter which girl you pick she will still hv flaws which is why single lifestyle is kinda better.....

Lol. Marriage is a blessing. Find a compatible and good woman and get married. Growing old and lonely isn't funny.
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Lol. Marriage is a blessing. Find a compatible and good woman and get married. Growing old and lonely isn't funny.
Marriage is a blessing? I hope you don't believe God is behind this idea of yours? undecided

Marriage is instead an agreement between a man and a woman and the health of it depend on each partner in the agreement holding up his end of the bargain. undecided
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by africantycoon: 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

marriage is a blessing to a woman since its an opportunity for her to dump all her financial responsibilities on a man after numerous previous numerous relationships....

there is no 100% compatibility no perfect man or woman....all marriages are managed....

but you right about old and lonely....
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Marriage is a blessing? I hope you don't believe God is behind this idea of yours? undecided

Marriage is instead an agreement between a man and a woman and the health of it depend on each partner in the agreement holding up his end of the bargain. undecided

Kobo, I beg you, I no get your strength. Yes, you are right, marriage is an agreement and not a blessing, inugo? embarassed
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 01, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Kobo, I beg you, I no get your strength. Yes, you are right, marriage is an agreement and not a blessing, inugo? embarassed

Marriage is both a blessing & agreement too, agreement by law. Blessing in terms of natural of humans for two people to come together, love and build something, then agreement is the legal cause for two people to agree to stay together under by the law.
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
africantycoon:

marriage is a blessing to a woman since its an opportunity for her to dump all her financial responsibilities on a man after numerous previous numerous relationships....

I don't know what you mean here but many women today are now doing and performing more efficiently in the home front which thus defeats your assertion of dumping her financial responsibilities on a man. It's all on you to therefore heighten your senses to the sixth range so that you can spot a user or a wife. Enough with the stereotype.

there is no 100% compatibility no perfect man or woman....all marriages are managed....
You are absolutely right. No marriage is perfect. However, you can choose the flaws you want to settle live with. There's no total compatibility but is it not better and worthy to go with who you share similar values, mission, vision and interests with (minute and important inclusive)?

but you right about old and lonely....

Do well to have children at least. It will be quite lonely and depressing to live life and age grey without children to call your own, except of course you don't like kids. kiss
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by bepositive11: 3:16am On Aug 02, 2022
Even though only 3% get divorced officially in Nigeria, 99% percent of marriage couples are divorced emotionally, psychologically, and physically. They stay legally married for the sake of their children and society

moderatorr:
Not true, that's what divorce is for.
Any marriage can divorce any time according to the Nigerian constitution, but only 0.3% marriages in Nigeria divorce.
That is 3 in 1000 marriages in Nigeria end up in divorce, in america, it is 600 in 1,000.
In Japan, it is 2 in 1000, in China, 3 in 1000, Russia, 2 in 1000, UK 500 in 1,000 .
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by milann: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I don't know what you mean here but many women today are now doing and performing more efficiently in the home front which thus defeats your assertion of dumping her financial responsibilities on a man. It's all on you to therefore heighten your senses to the sixth range so that you can spot a user or a wife. Enough with the stereotype.

You are absolutely right. No marriage is perfect. However, you can choose the flaws you want to settle live with. There's no total compatibility but you is it not better and worthy to go with who you share similar values, mission, vision and interests with (minute and important inclusive)?

Do well to have children at least. It will be quite lonely and depressing to live life and age grey without children to call your own, except of course you don't like kids. kiss
Do you believe in love at first sight?
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2022
milann:
Do you believe in love at first sight?

It is infatuation.
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by milann: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It is infatuation.
one more question dont be annoyed. Is there a destined wife/husband for every person?
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
milann:
one more question dont be annoyed. Is there a destined wife/husband for every person?

NO!

God did not create any woman specifically for any man and vice versa. He knew if he did it that way, one day, someone will marry a spouse meant for another and the person whose spouse someone married will be stranded and will have to settle for another person's spouse and before you know it, there will be confusion which defeats the purpose of the whole arrangement. People will marry each other's spouses and Man will still come back to blame God just as Adam blamed God for giving him Eve.

He set a law that whoever finds "A WIFE", finds a good thing and not whoever finds "HIS WIFE". God did not create any specific wife for any man. You are to pick the one that shares the same interests, faith, values, vision, mission and feelings with you and make her your wife. If you disagree, think about people who lost their spouses and remarried.

In other words, He has made all of them wife/husband materials (whatever that means to you), but it is now left for you to choose the designed partner (person) that best suits you.

Shalom.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 03, 2022
Three things that show you have favour.

Apostle Joshua Selman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sG27Wik8g
Re: Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2022
No! Never again!!!
Just discovered it's not easy to leave like dating. Everyone wants you to ku si be.
I don tire, and it's not even a year yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Weeping At Her Mother's Grave / Josiah Mutihir: Nigeria To Experience Unplanned COVID-19 Babies By November / My Narcissistic Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.