Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) (6245 Views)

My Funny Dating Experience While Growing Up / Pretty Muslim Lesbian Shares Loved Up Pics With Her Lover / TEENAGE LOVE; How Many Of You Did This When Growing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Hehehe. I pity the children of this generation because my generation was the last to see real childhood. Do you know we played serious tournament with those cantas? It was so serious that my mother later became lenient on me because she used to flog me for littering the house with cantas. The day she saw me play the match in our front balcony and the crowd of children that gathered that day at our house, she was shocked at our passion. She said she never saw me sweep the balcony as I swept it on that day. Because we didn't want any sand to obstruct our game, we swept and scrubbed the balcony very well before the game began. If my younger sisters wan chop beating from me then, mek them go near my cantas. True to God, I hated growing up eeeh. grin

Lol ... I talk am grin.
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 25, 2022
Nonexisting:
We used empty st. Louis sugar pack for goalpost in my time. I remember having the complete super eagles team of 1996 with their pictures on my cantas. I used to stuff my cantas with clay sand but later discovered that stuffing them with thick papers gave them more flexibility. The rubbers inside the cantas were taken out and put like ring around the cantas for durability. As for freekick, there was a way I curved my hand and got the same result as Stoichkov back then. I was really a champion in that game and beating me would require a lot of practice and hardwork. Being a champion in my area, I was doing constant practice to remain at the top. Good old days. smiley

Very crazy days. We cut calendar numbers and paste at the back of the crown corks as jersey numbers. When Zahoui Francois of Cote d'Ivoire came with his dreadlocks at Maroc '88, we cut tiny threads and gum the pieces on the crown cork named after him to represent him. Very crazy, interesting days.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2022
Pathokpo:

Some of us even went as far as melting candle wax into the players to make them tougher.

I, my kid brother and our uncle banned such in our league (we used to play a league competition then during the holidays). We considered such as using performance enhancing drugs. If we found out an opponent player was stronger than usual we would test the crown cork involved for "drugs".

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Nonexisting1: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Very crazy days. We cut calendar numbers and paste at the back of the crown corks as jersey numbers. Amaechi said the “ordinary” citizen is the problem of the country. Zahoui Francois of Cote d'Ivoire came with his dreadlocks at Maroc '88, we cut tiny threads and gum the pieces on the crown cork named after him to represent him. Very crazy, interesting days.
You're right. It was crazy but very interesting. It was so interesting that some grown people became interested in the craziness. It got to a point that my grown cousin who was an undergraduate then helped us in organizing our tournaments when he was home on holiday. grin
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
We call it counters
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Nonexisting1: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Pathokpo:

Some of us even went as far as melting candle wax into the players to make them tougher.
We didn't use candle wax. We stuffed papers to a certain level inside the cantas, mostly cabin biscuit thick papers. Candle wax would make the cantas too heavy and fly anyhow too on tiled floors making it unable to maneuver some kicks. Thick papers like cabin biscuit covers made the cantas more stable especially when you also use the rubbers inside the cantas to wrap around them.
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Emmyross: 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bledriel:
Chai. You forgot the football games we played with it. The younger generation got deprived alot. I recall those football.fames we used to play. The inner white section of the cassette tape was the football. In moments of free kicks, all kind of shots with cantas cheesy
...chaiii ur head dey ur neck grin
Bledriel:
Chai. You forgot the football games we played with it. The younger generation got deprived alot. I recall those football.fames we used to play. The inner white section of the cassette tape was the football. In moments of free kicks, all kind of shots with cantas cheesy
...chaiii ur head dey ur neck

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2022
This is the origin of Tattoo.
OsilaGama:
grin
Good morning people.
I could still clearly remember when I was younger, I always play with the cover of bottle drinks (soda drinks)
Where I would find an empty soda bottle and use the caps to press against my skin �
The good old days!!
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Davidganna10: 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
Nonexisting:
We used empty st. Louis sugar pack for goalpost in my time. I remember having the complete super eagles team of 1996 with their pictures on my cantas. I used to stuff my cantas with clay sand but later discovered that stuffing them with thick papers gave them more flexibility. The rubbers inside the cantas were taken out and put like ring around the cantas for durability. As for freekick, there was a way I curved my hand and got the same result as Stoichkov back then. I was really a champion in that game and beating me would require a lot of practice and hardwork. Being a champion in my area, I was doing constant practice to remain at the top. Good old days. smiley
wow this just brought some sweet memories.
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
Nonexisting1:
You're right. It was crazy but very interesting. It was so interesting that some grown people became interested in the craziness. It got to a point that my grown cousin who was an undergraduate then helped us in organizing our tournaments when he was home on holiday. grin

I actually played it till my 200 level (or so) in the university. It was what I enjoyed most as a kid (after playing football and watching football).
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Zonefree(m): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
KingAbdulazeez:

Good old days when we dey use exercise book to make goal post.
For my area, we dey use St Louis sugar pack do goal post. We dey even play tournament with the game. The champion will be presented with a trophy made with JIK container grin

Good old days. Children of these days no dey enjoy. I dey even pity dem sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Zonefree(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Nonexisting:
I'm beginning to think you grew up somewhere around Owerri. Maybe you're my closest rival back then in this game grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Judd007: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
Back then, we even use to cut numbers from calendars to number them, no try my number 9 sha,
Blessedmercy8:

Lol ... I talk am grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
Judd007:
Back then, we even use to cut numbers from calendars to number them, no try my number 9 sha,

Ehen... This one is another level. Chai! grin.
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by tuzle(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bledriel:
I thought of this thing yesterday o, when pepsi use to put them Ronaldinho, zidane, okocha and many more on their crown

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by seanwilliam(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bledriel:
omo at the mention of this , you just triggered some old memories chei chei.. grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Polynek(m): 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
One of my favorite games wen I was a kid grin
My guys no dey understand d Kain goal I dey score at times grin
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Dtruthspeaker: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2022
richmond500:
u sabi am well.
E get how u go even align your fingers with the ball, u go play better R2

We even wear dem jersey with paper and number. Number 1 na goalkeeper and we must get number 10.

And circular Vaseline cover Na goal keeper
Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by Thazard(m): 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Hehehe. I pity the children of this generation because my generation was the last to see real childhood. Do you know we played serious tournament with those cantas? It was so serious that my mother later became lenient on me because she used to flog me for littering the house with cantas. The day she saw me play the match in our front balcony and the crowd of children that gathered that day at our house, she was shocked at our passion. She said she never saw me sweep the balcony as I swept it on that day. Because we didn't want any sand to obstruct our game, we swept and scrubbed the balcony very well before the game began. If my younger sisters wan chop beating from me then, mek them go near my cantas. True to God, I hated growing up eeeh. grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by DESTROTECH(m): 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2022
I did ooo Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of Us Did This While Growing Up (pics) by OsilaGama(m): 8:45am On Jul 30, 2022
[quote author=Thazard post=115205176][/quote]
Hahahah bad commando u got me laughing... Ever since then adulthood never favor me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heard A Man's Deep Voice And My Lady Talking With A Moaning Tone On Phone / But Why Do All Black Women Always Do This? / I Am In Need Of A Long Cucumber, And I Need It Now.- Hot Lady Cried Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.