Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) (29548 Views)

UBA Pays Courtesy visit To Executive Governor And Governor Elect Of Zamfara / Election Postponememt: It Was Done Because Of Zamfara - Fayose / Governor Yari: I Am Powerless As Chief Security Officer Of Zamfara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Penguin2: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2022
Few days ago, snippets of BBC Africa Eye’s encounter with some notorious bandits in Zamfara was reported. Well, the full video has now been released and after watching, I felt I should let you guys see it.

FEW TAKEAWAYS:

First, there’s now conflict between Hausas and Fulanis in the north. Or let me restrict it to Zamfara because the reporter only covered Zamfara.

Second, both the Hausa and Fulani communities have valid grievances which successive governments have failed to address which gave rise to what we have now.

Again, you will see the brazen failure of government at constituent level. Deplorable educational and health infrastructure everywhere. You will shed tears for this nation.

Then you would see govt's insincerity, brazen lies and deceitful attitude towards the whole conflict. Like denying they paid ransom when they actually did.

WARNING: Graphic and gory contents and some tear-inducing scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-fPEHUqhyA

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Penguin2: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
I must say this… if the anger I saw amongst the Hausas in the video persists, then trust me, Zamfara people will not come even a thousand miles close to any ticket with a Fulani on it in the 2023 elections.

I think the Hausa/Fulani marriage has gone sour and the two people who have co-existed for centuries are finally on each other’s neck thirsting for blood.

When you realize that all these bandits got emboldened when Buhari got to power, you would know why this country must be retrieved both from APC and from some blood thirsty people, Fulani or others.

One of our Presidential candidate even had the audacity to choose a terrorist sympathizer as Running Mate.

Let’s retrieve Nigeria for Nigerians please.

Vote Peter Obi!

179 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Themaths(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
Disheartening!

God Bless the good People of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Cyphar(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Sometimes, I dey always questions God say why me dey Nigeria Why not other place wey good lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by gurunlocker: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Saw this documentary last night.... Scary!!!

The op has summarised everything from the video. Government keep saying the killers are not Fulanis, but it's now obvious they are the one (those living in the bush, illiterates and felt neglected).

I even feel like they think they own Nigeria, don't know where they have that gut from.

These guys are ready to die, no remorse and like they said in the video, it's now a business.

Government also lied, saying they didn't pay ransom and also reducing the number of dead people. It's a different world there and looking like a genocide already. This is only zamfara, not to talk of Kastina, Kaduna and others.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Mystic216: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
I’ve always known that Fulanis and Hausas are no more in peace long ago
Approach a real Hausa man and try telling him about Fulani, you will be shocked by his negative response towards the Fulani

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by haybhi1(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Brief history

The Hausas occupied the up north since as early as your mind can conjure. They always have their culture and customs, which include friendliness to strangers. Then, along the line, Usman Dan Fodio, a Fulani, showed up as a stranger to the hausas, and he was given a sheer hospitality and cordiality, especially for the shared similitude in customs, and credibility of the Hausas. He would later settle, tentaculate, and go on to form dynasty, including by waging wars against his hosts. He succeded. Amina of Zaria tried to help her people against the expanding suppression.

Over time, however, there has been cemented a union between the two formerly distinct tribes, after series intermarriages and inter. The Fulanis admit that they rightly have a home here and must continue their historical activities. The Hausas do not deny this but they want to achieve happiness through basic rights (to live, farm, unintimidated, etc) once more, so their friendliness may start getting corroded.

According to the video.

The fulanis, who are naturally herders, claim they've been misaligned by the nation authorities. They no longer have herding route for their cattle. They formulated deadly bandit groups for offensive attacks.

The Hausas, who are naturally farmers, claim they've been victimized - looted, maimed, kidnapped - by the Fulanis. They are commencing formulation of vigilante groups for their defence.

Who is to blame?

This points to leaders in their land for shunning education. Nowhere on earth, today, can register development without education.

Damn, battery low

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by BobbieZion(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Not Bandit warlords.....
Instead the headline should read
"Islamic State West Africa Province"

The aim is one and one,make Nigeria an Islamic State like Pakistan and Afghanistan where Jihadis will walk freely, shooting down public buildings and infrastructure,killing children and raping women and subjugating the people to extremely harsh Sharia law and rules...where the citizens have no right of their own but their fate is determined by a ruthless self imposed Caliph who rules with terror and impunity.

That is the country they envision.
A typical Islamic State.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Ceeman20: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
We just have this last chance to practice democracy or war will mar or destroy us if this oldies where given another Chance to destroy the already finished country. Vote right, it wont be about economy again unlike buhari era, it would be all about killings and war. We're going down to worst of Somalia in coming years if we can fight this war without arms at the polls. Abuja has been penetrated and major big politicians has collected breakfast already. So your breakfast might now be justified..

“Are you aware that terrorists abducted a Captain & 13 soldiers while responding to a distress call in an Abuja community yesterday?”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/femi-falana-joins-nlc-protests-as-deji-adeyanju-alleges-kidnap-of-13-soldiers-in-abuja/

Pls Patronise us today for your power steering pump of all car models. We're @ladipo lagos and Onitsha. Chat or call from profile. Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Xscape047: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Oyyana
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by etsuidris(m): 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ok. Last last. Make dem just legalize gun for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Melodydoctor: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ok
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by gbaskiboy: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Another massive failure of president Buhari to unite various ethnic groups in Nigeria. Things are getting out of hands instead to address the issue and tackle the cause from the root they will nonchalantly leave it to escalate beyond what they can handle....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Offpoint1: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
This video reveals a lot up North...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by DeZoro(m): 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
If a president who is a fulani man could not do anything to inform his people of the need to imbibe peace and coexistence, it shows how fulani ethnic group is so daft and uneducated. This video has exposed how the President is disconnected from his very people. They should try not to involve innocent people.

16 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by JooEeL(m): 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
MUMU STUPID VIDEO.

HAUSAS AND FULANIS USED TO CALL THEMSELVES ONE NA. OR IS THE STORY NOW CHANGING? THEY COULD RUSTLE AND RAZZLE THEMSELVES FOR ALL I CARE.

FOR TERMING THESE HARDENED FULA TERRORISTS FROM HELL AS BANDITS, BBC HAS LOST ANY CREDIBILITY GOING FORWARD.

NEVER WILL THEY MENTION DISSOLUTION, BREAKAWAY, THE FAKE CONSTITUTION ETC.

OVER 1 YEAR, THEIR BRITISH CITIZEN KANU HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED, THEY KEPT QUIET. NO DOCUMENTARY. THESE FOOLS HAVEN'T TALKED ABOUT YORUBA SELF-DETERMINATION HAVING FORCEFULLY JOINED US WITH TERRORISTS JUST FOR THEIR IMPERIALISTIC GAINS.

NO WORRY. EVERYTHING NA TIME NA. YOU BRITS WILL ONE DAY LOSE YOUR GRIP AS ONE OF D SUPER NATIONS. YOUR PROGENY WILL BEAR THE BRUNT OF THE STUPIDITY, GREED AND COLONIALISTIC TENDENCIES OF THEIR TERRORIST FOREFATHERS.

8 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by vinceyinnovation: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
F
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by bigdammyj: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
Following
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by DrChukki: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
After watching this video last night, I don't even know what to say.

These guys are not happy with what they're doing but they can't help it...

If they were listened to maybe we won't be where we are now...

This was the same reason IPOB became a terror...

From the video I noticed obvious there was a time when they were facing several challenges as regards their cattle rearing business, since there's no appropriate channel to handle their issues, they resorted to fighting...

Let's call them to order... Trust me they will embrace ranching if we can tell them how it will benefit them the most...

The government should do something else this thing will consume all of us

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by obyrich(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Penguin2:
I must say this… if the anger I saw amongst the Hausas in the video persists, then trust me, Zamfara people will not come even a thousand miles close to any ticket with a Fulani on it in the 2023 elections.

I think the Hausa/Fulani marriage has gone sour and the two people who have co-existed for centuries are finally on each other’s neck tasting for blood.

When you realize that all these bandits got emboldened when Buhari got to power, you would realize why this country must be retrieved both from APC and from some blood tasty people, Fulani or others.

One of our Presidential candidate even had the audacity to choose a terrorist sympathizer as Running Mate.

Vote Peter Obi!
What is going on in the north is war between Hausa and Fulani. I wonder why this is being under reported or painted as criminal bandits. Each group is finding a way to eliminate the other in a battle for supremacy or survival. This has distorted the peace and economic prosperity of Nigeria just like the Russsia/Ukraine war. Everyone should be concerned in brokering peace in the north.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Chatflick(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Omo
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by DamnNiggar: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Tifnubu
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by vinceyinnovation: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
APC must continue this wonderful legacy

Vote BAT and Vampire 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Heffalump(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Penguin2:
I think the Hausa/Fulani marriage has gone sour and the two people who have co-existed for centuries are finally on each other’s neck tasting for blood.
When you realize that all these bandits got emboldened when Buhari got to power, you would realize why this country must be retrieved both from APC and from some blood tasty people, Fulani or others.
Vote Peter Obi!

You have spoken well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by RapistOnBail: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mystic216:
I’ve always known that Fulanis and Hausas are no more in peace long ago
Approach a real Hausa man and try telling him about Fulani, you will be shocked by his negative response towards the Fulani
Na lie. Sharap!

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Seniorwriter(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
SMH @how insecurity has increased like every other food stuffs...

@Seniorwriter

2 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Teeeecash(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
I watched the documentary this morning, it's so disheartening, Hausa youths in tsafe zamfara state went on a rampage attacking fulanis in tsafe be it man, woman or child, in retaliation for the attacks by fulanis.
They attacked one small fulani girl and almost killed her.

One of the first Fulani bandit that laid down his arms had to pick up arms again because according to him, even after dropping arms, Hausas attacked his community again.

I love how BBC ended it by saying they showed and asked Nigerian military about the allegations and how government are hiding alot of things from the masses but there was no response from the military.

Buying of Guns is like buying bread for the bandits

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP mocks Ganduje: 'Gandollar, Hit The Ground Running To EFCC' / Jonathan Signs 6 Bills Into Law / Lagos State Government Fills Alli Street, Lagos Island With Granite (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.