Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) (29593 Views)

UBA Pays Courtesy visit To Executive Governor And Governor Elect Of Zamfara / Election Postponememt: It Was Done Because Of Zamfara - Fayose / Governor Yari: I Am Powerless As Chief Security Officer Of Zamfara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Penguin2:
Few days ago, snippets of BBC Africa Eye’s encounter with some notorious bandits in Zamfara was reported. Well, the full video has now been released and after watching, I felt I should let you guys see it.

FEW TAKEAWAYS:

First, there’s now conflict between Hausas and Fulanis in the north. Or let me restrict it to Zamfara because the reporter only covered Zamfara.

Second, both the Hausa and Fulani communities have valid grievances which successive governments have failed to address which gave rise to what we have now.

Again, you will see the brazen failure of government at constituent level. Deplorable educational and health infrastructure everywhere. You will shed tears for this nation.

Then you would see govt's insincerity, brazen lies and deceitful attitude towards the whole conflict. Like denying they paid ransom when they actually did.

WARNING: Graphic and gory contents and some tear-inducing scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-fPEHUqhyA

this is a good news, a very good one I must say, these set of people I could remember in 2019 after buhari failed woefully, they were on queing 2am to vote thesame useless man again. Now this is the result of a failed government, so they should enjoy what they voted for, trust me they will still made thesame mistake again in 2023, they are so dump they will never learn

3 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by royalfly(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
This made me cry... God will intervene.. we must all try to leave in peace.. think about the other person's feelings..God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by MagnoIia(f): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Teeeecash:
I watched the documentary this morning, it's so disheartening, Hausa youths in tsafe zamfara state went on a rampage attacking fulanis in tsafe be it man, woman or child, in retaliation for the attacks by fulanis.
They attacked one small fulani girl and almost killed her.

One of the first Fulani bandit that laid down his arms had to pick up arms again because according to him, even after dropping arms, Hausas attacked his community again.

I love how BBC ended it by saying they showed and asked Nigerian military about the allegations and how government are hiding alot of things from the masses but there was no response from the military.

Buying of Guns is like buying bread for the bandits
who are the suppliers of these arms and who is responsible for funding the buyers?

2 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Emergingnation3(m): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
Almaigaa:

The North is one. What happened in Zamfara is a misunderstanding, which has since been resolved. Igbo can never rule Nigeria. angry grin grin
Lol ! Keep decieving yourself........ Nnamdi Kanu has helped Hausa to wake up from slumber, after being enslaved by fulani through religion for centuries grin.. They'll soon recover all stolen land by the Fulani through conquest and chase them out of the north.. grin

We're happy watching as the fight is being range grin..

Yes, Igbo will rule themselves in Biafra republic.. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Almaigaa: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Emergingnation3:
Lol ! Keep decieving yourself........ Nnamdi Kanu has helped Hausa to wake up from slumber, after being enslaved by fulani through religion for centuries grin.. They'll soon recover all stolen land by the Fulani through conquest and chase them out of the north.. grin

We're happy watching as the fight is being range grin..

Yes, Igbo will rule themselves in Biafra republic.. grin

In your wildest dreams. The North will never give Biafra their independence. grin
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by MagnoIia(f): 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
vasel15:
Nigeria is dead and buried
as far as I'm concerned it's only the South East and the North west that's dead and buried
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by MagnoIia(f): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2022
007Marvel:
Nairaland is always late in reporting anything except bbnaija watin men don watch, listen to since yesterday. Well na two brothers fight make dem settle am how dem Sabi, make d madness no cross boundary. If dem like self make dem finish themselves na their problem, when them dey teach nothing but terror na the end result be this!.
same hausas that killed Deborah, God is using fulanis to punish them
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Okunga: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2022
Wow… such an educating video.

Conflict between Fulani and Hausa

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by claremont(m): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2022
I just watched it on Iplayer, it was an excellent, investigative documentary. Kudos to the journalist for exposing this.

3 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Trueprophet91: 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
Government should listen to these people, their case is not a serious one.
All they want is peaceful cohabitation.
Hausa should respect Fulani and Fulani should respect hausa,shi kenan!

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
Penguin2:
Few days ago, snippets of BBC Africa Eye’s encounter with some notorious bandits in Zamfara was reported. Well, the full video has now been released and after watching, I felt I should let you guys see it.

FEW TAKEAWAYS:

First, there’s now conflict between Hausas and Fulanis in the north. Or let me restrict it to Zamfara because the reporter only covered Zamfara.

Second, both the Hausa and Fulani communities have valid grievances which successive governments have failed to address which gave rise to what we have now.

Again, you will see the brazen failure of government at constituent level. Deplorable educational and health infrastructure everywhere. You will shed tears for this nation.

Then you would see govt's insincerity, brazen lies and deceitful attitude towards the whole conflict. Like denying they paid ransom when they actually did.

Thanks for this
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by BobbieZion(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
Teeeecash:
oga get out, am not even sure you watched the video. Do you think those guys different Muslims from Christians before attacking people

I have watched the video,I have watched countless videos like this one.

Whether they don't differentiate between Christians and Muslims does not change the fact that they are Islamic Extremists promoting Islamic Fundamentalism and pushing for an Islamic State.

At the early stages of B/H in the NE,the first victims were Christians and they were mostly attacking Churches,but now the monster they bred sees anyone as enemy because they are only after blood which they are used to.

What do you expect when a people are brainwashed into believe anything a clergy or cleric says, without questioning the sanity of the ideology.

If you watch the video carefully,they were busy identifying the terrorists as barayi(Thieves),not calling them terrorists that they are.
The same way the Govt called them "Bandits".
Muslims only defend their religion,I am yet to see any one of them condemn the terrorists openly.

So don't be emotional,be rational in your thinking.
Lastly, don't tell me get out,counter my claims otherwise.

6 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Cyphar(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2022
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by holluwizzy: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2022
We have only heard about the fulanis side of the story, what about the hausa, what do the hausa really want.

Meanwhile, common sense is not common with our leaders. The army don't have latest weapons but yet this Fulani are mor exposed to arms.

There is something fishy that the government is not saying.

Meanwhile, by all means APC must not hold on to power, not bcoz of tinunbu but bcoz of his deputy.

Mark today's date, the whole northern region will be burnt with the two tribe conflict, and the flames and heat will spread across other region.

Peter Obi is not the best option but at least he is more expose and selfless than the pdp and APC candidates.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by kingsceemark(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Penguin2:
I must say this… if the anger I saw amongst the Hausas in the video persists, then trust me, Zamfara people will not come even a thousand miles close to any ticket with a Fulani on it in the 2023 elections.

I think the Hausa/Fulani marriage has gone sour and the two people who have co-existed for centuries are finally on each other’s neck tasting for blood.

When you realize that all these bandits got emboldened when Buhari got to power, you would realize why this country must be retrieved both from APC and from some blood tasty people, Fulani or others.

One of our Presidential candidate even had the audacity to choose a terrorist sympathizer as Running Mate.

Let’s retrieve Nigeria for Nigerians please.

Vote Peter Obi!

1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by holluwizzy: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Walahi,u have said it all, common sense our govt no get and now they have turned it to business, imagine how much fire arms they bought with 60m and our government is pumping millions of dollars and yet there is no evidence on ground to show they actually bought it.

Last pix we see of the equipments are abroad but in Nigeria, even okada no dey.

Trueprophet91:
Government should listen to these people, their case is not a serious one.
All they want is peaceful cohabitation.
Hausa should respect Fulani and Fulani should respect hausa,shi kenan!

2 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by BobbieZion(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
Splitmind:
Though the article has many inaccuracies and lies one truth has been said, the government needs to reopen the cattle grazing routes all over Nigeria for peace to reign.

Those who stand against the initiative have only themselves to blame if they are attacked.

The article is articulate,no inaccuracies...
The cattle grazing routes will not be opened,we are waiting for Buhari to leave office then it will shock Fulanis.
We are ready to defend our Fatherland with every bit of our blood than to hand it over to animalistic infidels.

Go and spread the word.
We won't succumb to cheap blackmail and terror.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by holluwizzy: 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Our problem exactly.

We always wait for God to come and sort every issue, meanwhile ur pastors moves around with security operatives as body guards and he himself is also armed.

Let's not allow Christianity kill us, even Abara Jesus wey Dem cut em ear bleed.

royalfly:
This made me cry... God will intervene.. we must all try to leave in peace.. think about the other person's feelings..God help us all.
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Mercury12(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
This government is evil. Why do they hide all these and keep telling the world that Nigeria is peaceful.
Mr Lie mohamed is someone that should be stone for his big big lies

Thank to BBC for exposing root cause of banditry in Nigeria.
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Yusman316(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
Thank goodness this BBC documentary has opened some people's eyes who always out of ignorance claimed Buhari is the one behind/sponsoring Fulani terrorists. Those of us who knew what was happening, know it was simply failure of leadership at every level (with the traditional institution included), Which by the way didn't start with Buhari, but rather he compounded everything with his kind of leadership

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by holluwizzy: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2022
For ur information, the mumu don reach NW

MagnoIia:
these bandits are they fulanis or hausas or a combination of both?
btw these northerners no get sense, if Buhari contests election again, them go still vote am
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Trueprophet91: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
holluwizzy:
Walahi,u have said it all, common sense our govt no get and now they have turned it to business, imagine how much fire arms they bought with 60m and our government is pumping millions of dollars and yet there is no evidence on ground to show they actually bought it.

Last pix we see of the equipments are abroad but in Nigeria, even okada no dey.

It's corruption that makes something very simple and straightforward to look so complicated and almost impossible!
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Orch1981: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
[quote author=Cyphar post=115104245]Sometimes, I dey always questions God say why me dey Nigeria Why not other place wey good lipsrsealed[/quotpe
My guy na you no want commot ]
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Trueprophet91: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2022
holluwizzy:
We have only heard about the fulanis side of the story, what about the hausa, what do the hausa really want.

Meanwhile, common sense is not common with our leaders. The army don't have latest weapons but yet this Fulani are mor exposed to arms.

There is something fishy that the government is not saying.

Meanwhile, by all means APC must not hold on to power, not bcoz of tinunbu but bcoz of his deputy.

Mark today's date, the whole northern region will be burnt with the two tribe conflict, and the flames and heat will spread across other region.

Peter Obi is not the best option but at least he is more expose and selfless than the pdp and APC candidates.

Good!

The problem with our politicians is selfishness,greed. They're not honest with themselves.
We know what our problems are,we just don't want to face them and phase them out

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Orch1981: 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
Almaigaa:

In your wildest dreams. The North will never give Biafra their independence. grin
One Fulani sootted

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Venom11(m): 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2022
Cyphar:
Sometimes, I dey always questions God say why me dey Nigeria Why not other place wey good lipsrsealed

Like Ukraine or Somalia.. Lmao. We die hia
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Cyphar(m): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
[quote author=Orch1981 post=115107352][/quote]

If means to comot no come dey nko?
Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Orch1981: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
haybhi1:
Brief history

The Hausas occupied the up north since as early as your mind can conjure. They always have their culture and customs, which include friendliness to strangers. Then, along the line, Usman Dan Fodio, a Fulani, showed up as a stranger to the hausas, and he was given a sheer hospitality and cordiality, especially for the shared similitude in customs, and credibility of the Hausas. He would later settle, tentaculate, and go on to firm dynasty, including by waging wars against his hosts. He succeded. Amina of Zaria tried to help her people against the expanding suppression.

Over time, however, they has been cemented a union between the two formerly distinct tribes, after series intermarriages and inter. The Fulanis admit that they rightly have a home here and must continue their historical activities. The Hausas do not deny this but they want to achieve happiness through basic rights (to live, farm, unintimidated, etc) once more, so their friendliness may start getting corroded.

According to the video.

The fulanis, who are naturally herders, claim they've been misaligned by the nation authorities. They no longer have herding root for their cattle. They formulated deadly bandit groups.

The Hausas, who are naturally farmers, claim they've been victimized - looted, maimed, kidnapped - by the Fulanis. They formulated vigilante groups for defence.

Who is to blame?

This points to leaders in their land for shunning education. Nowhere on earth, today, can register development without education.

Damn, battery low
Battery low ooh
You are living in nigeria that is where battery always goes down do to power failure here we don't see that

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Orch1981: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
Almaigaa:

The North will never vote any IGBO Man
Say the Fulani not the north speak for yourself oga

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by mecuries(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
the government has failed her citizens...and to think a former major general is the GCFR,how pitiful

1 Like

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by tamdun: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
One of the bandit leaders said they bought more guns with the 60m ransome they collected, haaaa
This is really bad

2 Likes

Re: Bandit Warlords Of Zamfara - BBC Africa (Video) by Panda7(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
Penguin2:

FEW TAKEAWAYS:

i didn't watch the documentary tho but who are the government if not the local and state government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Saraki Turned Emir Of Ilorin Into ‘houseboy’ / Wike, Isaac Kamalu Relocate To Abuja Over Supreme Court VAT Case / Jumbo Salaries: “some CBN Staff Are Paid More Than Ministers” — RMAFC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.