Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi (18670 Views)

2023 Presidency: Okowa Laments, Says Peter Obi’s Emergence Will Affect PDP / Petrol Price Reduction Won’t Be Immediate, Says Marketers / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Monday said that when he becomes president in 2023, he will face the nation’s security crisis head-on.

In an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today, the former Anambra State governor said his solution to the problem will be “decisive and immediate”.

While stressing that the nation’s security situation has been very worrisome, Mr Obi said he feels the Federal Government should do more.

Obi’s comments come a few hours after the terrorists who attacked an Abuja/Kaduna train on March 28, 2022, released three victims out of the 62 hostages who they abducted.

A disturbing video on Sunday had shown some of the victims being flogged, even as the terrorists threatened to sell some into slavery and kill others.

Reacting to the development and others across the country, the Labour Party’s Presidential Flagbearer, said there are so many things that he would put in place to stem the tide of insecurity, most of which he cannot mention on air at the moment.

Speaking further, Mr Obi was of the opinion that there needs to be an economic transformation for the security situation in Nigeria to change.

“To improve the security situation in Nigeria, as President, I will ensure the economy works and more people are pulled out of poverty.”

He also stated that with him at the helms of affairs, every state will be responsible for their own security.

Source: Channels TV

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by ThrownBack: 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
I trust this brave man. He has never made a promise he didn't fulfil.

266 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
How many has he offered Anambra and south east at large with all the security challenges befalling her?

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Totilopussylick(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:
How many has he offered Anambra and south east at large with all the security challenges befalling her?

Everything going on in the whole of south east

Is a result of Buhari bad governance.

APC lack what it takes to secure and guard human lives in the whole of federal republic of Nigeria.

Look at what is going on in the whole of northern states

Which region requires more attentions

323 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by jlinkd78(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
Gbamsolutely

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:
He is not yet the commander in chief

174 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by ThrownBack: 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

Is he the current governor of Anambra, is he in charge of south east now? You want him to clash with the serving governor so you can accuse him of trying to bully an elected governor?

220 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Hahahah
Which kind dot in the circle ⭕ be this again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by saintopus(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2022
Security is a Big problem it's more than mere fanciful word's on TV. I wish him well

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
ThrownBack:

Is he the current governor of Anambra, is he in charge of south east now?

Leadership is not defined by position held. It is your ability to influence positively situations even without being in position. They don't call you influencial because of your position but rather your influences made outside positions.

As a formal governor, he can make inputs which can help the situations at hand. Rather than keep it until he becomes president.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
ThrownBack:

Is he the current governor of Anambra, is he in charge of south east now? You want him to clash with the serving governor so you can accuse him of trying to bully an elected governor?

Profering solutions if genuine and helpful won't lead to any clash. Even Jonathan still advises the president on certain matters and it has not resulted to any clash whatsoever

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

He is not yet the commander in chief

He doesn't need to be commander in chief before making contributions. As the security officer during his time as governor, were there no killings or kidnapping as the case maybe?

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by OndoRaph(m): 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
We believe you sir, true!

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by InsideLove(f): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
undecided
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Mrukk: 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
His interview tonight is very watery and uninspiring. Obi is overrated

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by puremaker7(m): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
Liveandlove:
We here you sir
we heard you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
That's how it should be done

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by ArmaniUhuru: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
Obi wonder!! His readiness is topnotch

12 Likes

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by adedead: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
Just become OBI-dient and YUS-ful to your life by getting your PVC, vote on election day & also protect your vote from BATS or else A ti Ku o!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by inoki247: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
That's how Buhari was making mouth....

Even Jonathan no get am right Government no b one person dere ar sabotage in every Govt some will want to use the insecurity to make money no mata how competent you're....

Nigeria problem pass one person....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Goddey18(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
That is the way to go unlike Buhari who is notoriously pampering terrorists.

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by lonecatt(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
buhari cannot deal with his colleagues behind insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by mustbewell: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
This people should be fast with this election.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Wintertime: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
Some chronic idiot do ask on the current crises in Anambra State and attributes to a past former governor..

There is nothing like Godfather in these state .. as a civil duty once you are done with your tenure and deliver.. the people vote in a new person to lead.. you peacefully hand over to the person without no prejudice. This helps democratic event and as such

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Visits Ambode (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Arrives Burkina Faso For A Seminar On Cancer(photos) / Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.