Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi (18705 Views)

2023 Presidency: Okowa Laments, Says Peter Obi’s Emergence Will Affect PDP / Petrol Price Reduction Won’t Be Immediate, Says Marketers / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by 8stargeneral: 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
We go follow who know road...his name is peter obi
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Reference(m): 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
OkCornel:

Dear Candidate Obi, how is it possible to jump start the economy with the rising spate of insecurity in all regions across the country?

Is that not placing the cart before the horse? Is there no strategy to deal with insecurity whilst working on reviving the economy at the same time?

Now I’m really worried.

Why.

To jump start the economy is very easy.
Just reverse the direction this government is headed and things will begin to rebound.
We are living far beyond our means.
And by means I mean everything from economic means to the enormous security bills.

The first thing to do is to demilitarise the country which consumes huge amounts of resources, by negotiating with dissenting groups so that what is left are criminals and terrorists. Demilitarise the south and east and sit down with farmers and herders in the middle-belt so that the focus can be on ISWAP, Boko Haram and Ansaru.

Let States handle banditry because they can if they are permitted to establish State police so that the Federal Government handles cross border crime and terrorism.

Secondly cut down massively the cost of governance by making MDA's revenue centres as opposed to cost centres. Such that government handles salaries and wages only, with every other bill offset by internally generated revenue. Within six months folks will be handing in their resignations and opting for early retirement. The threshold of performance in the civil service of Nigeria remains too low.

Finally a phased exit from petroleum subsidy over a maximum period of 24 months to give enough time for modular refineries to come onstream and anti-inflationary programs to take hold.

And most importantly, seek to put an end to 'contracting' at all levels and in all sectors in favour of investment and equity.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
FullBlastLight:

Yap, exactly d way Buhari made contributions during GEJ's administration!

Mumu! cool

I'm too simple to follow up with your level of stupidity. You just made yourself look the more foolish. Read your statement again and asked if former head of states do meet where security issues were discussed and get some sense into that empty skull of yours filled with nothing but insults.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by obailala(m): 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:
How many has he offered Anambra and south east at large with all the security challenges befalling her?
Is he the president and commander in chief of armed forces? Is he the chairman of the DSS or NIA or the commander of the police, civil defence and other forces directly responsible for maintaining peace and security around the nation?
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
ursullalinda:

Yes he met insecurity and dealt with it decisively......go and verify and stop sounding vogue on a public forum

So what happened to those killed and thrown in the river?
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Orobokibo1: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
ThrownBack:
I trust this brave man. He has never made a promise he didn't fulfil.
i see what you did cc Throwback
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
obailala:
Is he the president and commander in chief of armed forces? Is he the chairman of the DSS or NIA or the commander of the police, civil defence and other forces directly responsible for maintaining peace and security around the nation?

I can't start repeating myself. Abeg follow up
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by FullBlastLight: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

Unfortunately I'm not supporting Tinubu, Obi or Atiku because they have nothing to offer me nor the country at large.

So keep your insults to yourself

Given d perilous situation of Nig, anybody sitting on d fence, na mumu! cool

No reasonable person can sit on d fence at such a critical time as dis.

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by PointZerom: 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

We are all feeling the power from this administration and we felt same in the past. The truth is when we are all ready, insecurities will be reduced to a minimal stage.

Just be OBIdient.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by OkCornel(m): 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
Reference:

Why.

To jump start the economy is very easy.
Just reverse the direction this government is headed and things will begin to rebound.
We are living far beyond our means.
And by means I mean everything from economic means to the enormous security bills.

The first thing to do is to demilitarise the country which consumes huge amounts of resources, by negotiating with dissenting groups so that what is left are criminals and terrorists. Demilitarise the south and east and sit down with farmers and herders in the middle-belt so that the focus can be on ISWAP, Boko Haram and Ansaru.

Let States handle banditry because they can if they are permitted to establish State police so that the Federal Government handles cross border crime and terrorism.

Secondly cut down massively the cost of governance by making MDA's revenue centres as opposed to cost centres. Such that government handles salaries and wages only, with every other bill offset by internally generated revenue. Within six months folks will be handing in their resignations and opting for early retirement. The threshold of performance in the civil service of Nigeria remains too low.

Finally a phased exit from petroleum subsidy over a maximum period of 24 months to give enough time for modular refineries to come onstream and anti-inflationary programs to take hold.

And most importantly, seek to put an end to 'contracting' at all levels and in all sectors in favour of investment and equity.

And with the bureaucratic setup of the current system of government empowered y the flawed 1999 constitution, how will Obi resolve these in a year? Bearing in mind the legislature has the potential to frustrate a good intentioned executive arm of government in the name of "checks and balances"?

This is not a President matter, this is a flawed system matter. Nigeria is a skyscraper built on the foundation of a bungalow.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by FullBlastLight: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

I'm too simple to follow up with your level of stupidity. You just made yourself look the more foolish. Read your statement again and asked if former head of states do meet where security issues were discussed and get some sense into that empty skull of yours filled with nothing but insults.

Mumu! cool

Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by emmyloved(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

Leadership is not defined by position held. It is your ability to influence positively situations even without being in position. They don't call you influencial because of your position but rather your influences made outside positions.

As a formal governor, he can make inputs which can help the situations at hand. Rather than keep it until he becomes president.
I love the point you're trying to make but seems like you have forgotten the kind of country you're. I would advice you go back reason what you just said. Do you know how many influencial men who have tried using their influence to cause a change in Nigeria? Did it work?

A good leader should be able to implement that which is good and beneficial to it's citizens regardless of who made the suggestion. If we had good leaders, all these suggestions that obi have being making just have being implemented for the common good of we the citizens.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
emmyloved:
I love the point you're trying to make but seems like you have forgotten the kind of country you're. I would advice you go back reason what you just said. Do you know how many influencial men who have tried using their influence to cause a change in Nigeria? Did it work?

A good leader should be able to implement that which is good and beneficial to it's citizens regardless of who made the suggestion. If we had good leaders, all these suggestions that obi have being making just have being implemented for the common good of we the citizens.

Thanks for your response. Well received unlike so uneducated individuals who can't comprehend simple writing.

More time
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Billsclinton(m): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

Leadership is not defined by position held. It is your ability to influence positively situations even without being in position. They don't call you influencial because of your position but rather your influences made outside positions.

As a formal governor, he can make inputs which can help the situations at hand. Rather than keep it until he becomes president.

True talk. And if thats the case, then the other aspirants should be held more responsible for their higher influence. Has the APC candidate used his influence on the president to change things for the better in this country? Has he influenced the fulfilment of some campaign promises that he personally promised will happen if his party won? This applies even more to the other candidates than to him.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
FullBlastLight:

Mumu! cool

You're just being a fool and it detest me engaging with a mental derialed individual like you.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Obi3icebaba(m): 8:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

So you agree its Tinubu that is influencing all the rubbish happening in Lagos state??
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by emmyloved(m): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

Thanks for your response. Well received unlike so uneducated individuals who can't comprehend simple writing.

More time
respects brother
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
Billsclinton:

True talk. And if thats the case, then the other aspirants should be held more responsible for their higher influence. Has the APC candidate used his influence on the president to change things for the better in this country? Has he influenced the fulfilment of some campaign promises that he personally promised will happen if his party won? This applies even more to the other candidates than to him.

I'm not supporting APC presidential candidate if that's what you think. The challenges of Nigeria is beyond a single person. It requires all hands to be involved.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Obi3icebaba:

So you agree its Tinubu that is influencing all the rubbish happening in Lagos state??

You guys have always accused him of being in charge of Lagos.... So what else do you want me say?
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
emmyloved:
respects brother

You na Obidient child I believe
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by obailala(m): 8:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

I can't start repeating myself. Abeg follow up
Follow up on what exactly? You expect a private citizen to influence the security situation in a country where all actionable powers on security are vested on the hands of one man who's deaf to advice and literally now in coma?.... If that's the metric on which you want to judge the suitability of Obi (or even any other one of the principal candidates), then your logic is just flawed (similar judging a fish on its inability to climb a tree).
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by PeterObi4LP: 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:
How many has he offered Anambra and south east at large with all the security challenges befalling her?

How many has Tilumpu done? What about Owo church killings and the recent police attack today?
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
FullBlastLight:

Given d perilous situation of Nig, anybody sitting on d fence, na mumu! cool

No reasonable person can sit on d fence at such a critical time as dis.

Will your insults convince me to vote for your Peter Obi? Or I should look beyond him being an average Nigerian politician who has nothing to offer this country just to impress you?
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
PeterObi4LP:

How many has Tilumpu done? What about Owo church killings and the recent police attack today?

And what makes you think I'm in support of tinubu?
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by francis5051: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:
you are so stupid to say this... have he ruled as president previously ?
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by stevebond007(m): 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
Reference:

Of course and local government police so that all these ragtag regional outfits and shadowy, amorphous vigilante groups can give way to constitutionally backed law enforcement agencies right down to the grassroots with the powers to keep the law and prosecute felons.

It is impossible to serve and protect 200 million effectively from a desk in Abuja. It is reprehensible and totally unacceptable for us to operate this way in 2022.

Na so bro!
U.SA and U.K get county, State police dem.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
obailala:
Follow up on what exactly? You expect a private citizen to influence the security situation in a country where all actionable powers on security are vested on the hands of one man who's deaf to advice and literally now in coma?.... If that's the metric on which you want to judge the suitability of Obi (or even any other one of the principal candidates), then your logic is just flawed.

Is he a private individual? Someone who was once a governor of a state is same you're calling private. Funny indeed.

What I'm saying is if he has the solutions, let him offer same to Soludo and not wait until he's the president of the country.

I forgot most individuals have turned against Soludo already for the steps taken already.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by emmyloved(m): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

You na Obidient child I believe
2023, I will vote who I want to vote for without insulting or laying curses on anyone. So whether I am batified, atikulated or obedient, it's nobody's business. I have heard from all three candidates and it's left for me to choose.
What I am is strictly against is someone bringing false points to prove learned or something against any of the candidates without solid evidence
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by royalfly(m): 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
OkCornel:

Dear Candidate Obi, how is it possible to jump start the economy with the rising spate of insecurity in all regions across the country?

Is that not placing the cart before the horse? Is there no strategy to deal with insecurity whilst working on reviving the economy at the same time?

Now I’m really worried.

Shut up.. u trying to be smart by half
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by ursullalinda(f): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
tonyuny12:

So what happened to those killed and thrown in the river?

Has your Buhari or Tinubu accounted for all the killings in Lagos and Nigeria......What of Owo......I remember Anambra was in a big mess with kidnapping and Massob madness.....Obi cured it all.....go and ask about upper iweka and how he sanitised it then......i speak for Obi because i saw him work......Same way i can talk about Fashola as a governor and Amaechi as a governor.......I'm not petty and don't criticise when not necessary......Obi is sellable very very sellable
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by onuman: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

Source: Channels TV

Insecurity of Boko Haram,
its Bandits offshoots, armed Fulani herdsmen, came after leaders of the sharia states adopted unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal laws that include stoning blasphemers to death, stoning women to death for adultery, cutting out the hands of thieves.
Let the sharia states renounce the adoption of sharia criminal justice system, and watch Boko Haram and bandits close shops. Boko Haram, bandits and armed Fulani herdsmen are on the same page strugging for an Islamic Republic of Nigeria to be governed with Sharia criminal laws, like the Taliban did in Afghanistan.
Re: Insecurity: My Solution Will Be Decisive And Immediate, Says Peter Obi by OkCornel(m): 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
royalfly:

Shut up.. u trying to be smart by half

Can you give an intelligent response rather than replying with emotions like a mentally deficient zealot?

Is it a crime to ask questions? Where has blind support for Jonathan or Buhari taken Nigeria to? Hmmm?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Should Be Using Someone's Backyard For Campaign / 40 Days Fidau Of Isiaka Adeleke (Photos) / Jibrin: Kwankwaso Can’t Be Peter Obi's Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.