Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record (45967 Views)

World Athletics Ratifies Tobi Amusan's Hurdles World Record / Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record / Paul Pogba 'Should Not Be Close' To PFA Team Of The Year- BBC Pundits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Kennitrust(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2022
It on social media that we know about Davido,
It on social media that we know about wiz kid
And many other famous celebrities.

If Davido come to your town and people know it... The crowd will that will follow will tell you more.

Don't underestimate the power of social media.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2022
Druss:

Colin is Black Welsh. They have no problems with Africans and Colin is a very cool guy. Michael on the other hand is full of himself and ish.

Never meet your heroes.

LOL....indeed, some heroes can be funny people. cheesy

Still, I did read some online comments on Reddit questioning whether a) the wind meter was working well b) the clocks were working well. Apparently after the semis, the clocks were checked, and they worked fine.

Also, some other comments pointed out that the weather was perfect for sprinting.

Finally, Amusan and the lass that came second were using shoes designed for long distance runners (shoes were legal)

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Benwallt(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2022
She who God has blessed no man can curse.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by aribisala0(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

If she was on drugs, they would have known since.

Not true not logical
People still get caught it active competition.
What happened to Blessing Okagbare last year
Why was it not "known since"
The other logical point is that because a person did not use drugs yesterday does not mean they won't use tomorrow. it starts one day
Finally testing is not perfect, not all drugs can be detected and it is possible to evade detection using biochemistry tricks
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Skyehigher1: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2022
Awon oloriburuku but if na white female them go hype ups and downs

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Druss(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2022
This is Michael's article on BBC.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/62288152

Note that there is no mention of any controversy.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by DOM7: 8:40am On Jul 26, 2022
Is there Amusan? Is because she is Obedient to the law of nature.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 26, 2022
And we say that racism has ended. Look at that stupid Jordan disgracing his fellow African sister, why do the brits think they re better than everybody?

Africa has been unfairly labelled a dark continent by the western media, to the point that even people who try to excel are rubbished, just because they re Africans.

Will thy criticize this girl if she had British citizenship?

4 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Lubumbashi: 8:41am On Jul 26, 2022
They even robbed that hardworking girl, her 12.06 sec record is legal and ought to have stood. They just looked for wind by all means to stop her because they knew that 12.06 sec would stand for another 50 years and an African country holding that would be too hard for them to bear. Amusan should pray hard because those racists including the World Athletics CEO, will do anything to find any foreign substance in her blood just to taint her achievement and demoralize her from breaking her own record because it is clear that she is full of confidence at the moment.

Congratulations to Tobi Amusan. Congratulations to Nigeria.

cool

7 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
aribisala0:
Not true not logical
People still get caught it active competition.
What happened to Blessing Okagbare last year
Why was it not "known since"
The other logical point is that because a person did not use drugs yesterday does not mean they won't use tomorrow. it starts one day
Finally testing is not perfect, not all drugs can be detected and it is possible to evade detection using biochemistry tricks

In Okagbare's case, they did an out of competition test about a month to the Olympics,and the result came in during the first days of the Olympics, leading to her ban.

She was banned before the Olympic track and field events started.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by themanderon: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
Very arrogant ogres. That is why they are never really good at anything when compared with their peers from western nations. They always think they are better than others and everything should be about them.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Pristine664: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
gsegun43:

What do you expect them to write? Is she the fastest woman? Her race is 100m hubdles and not 100m race.
There is a difference between the 2.

grin
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by DenreleDave(m): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2022
ArchiLimited:
If a British or Jamaican had smashed the record they would praise her for being a legend. But a Nigerian has done it and because they can't wrap their heads around the fact that something legendary can come out of Nigeria, they've brought out their empty pundit English to analyze emptiness. Don't just let Nigerians swear for you guys. This is one thing that has given the nation joy recently in the midst of all we're passing through so let us enjoy our girl in peace plix angry

Modified:
All of you people quoting me to say I'm playing the race card, I think you guys have self esteem issues. Has the world athletics organisation who organised the tournament come out to invalidate her record? So because a couple of British blokes spoke we should take it immediately as the truth because anything the British say becomes authority? Wake up and stop sucking up to the westerners! Stand and have some self worth. I won't reply any of your mentions again
.. How many people dey quote you wey u dey do as if many people quote you?
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Bizibi(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2022
There will definitely be drug tests......
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by WatchYourSix: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

Lol
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by jrusky(m): 8:45am On Jul 26, 2022
I'm disappointed in Michael Johnson so this guy is this bitter and useless?

So it's a sin for African Athelete to break world record baa? Imagine a black man challenging fellow black victory.

So if its US, UK or Jamaica that won then the clock is correct? I'm really disappointed in Michael Johnsn and the BBC motherfuckers naturally I hate anything BBC with passion anyway.

So Tobi should have slow down and let the f u c king hemp smokers with their overweight hair wigs run pass her bah? Or the US to beat her because she is representing Nigeria or Africa?

5 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Pristine664: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2022
gsegun43:

What do you expect them to write? Is she the fastest woman? Her race is 100m hubdles and not 100m race.
There is a difference between the 2.

grin
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by KosiGee(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Pristine664:
That record still look like fairytale to me I swear. That girl is a legend.

How do you run 100 meters with hurdles (jumping fence grin) in 12 seconds?!

Expect the whites to subject her to series of drug tests. cheesy

Kendra Harrison personal best and former world record was 12:20….she ran a 12:27 in the semi finals when Amusan won with 12:12…watch the race again, Kenny Harrison ran a good race but Tobi Amusan was on top of her game….she clearly bested Harrison in that semi finals so I think her time was legit and should not be blamed on equipment malfunction.

I think the timing was correct. Amusan was simply too good on that day. I watch her heat race….she told the bbc reporter that she and her coach were primarily concerned with perfecting her execution which entails running well, maintaining good rhythm, executing her jumps without making contact with the hurdles which would’ve disrupted her rhythm and pace or even make her to stumble.

That girl was very focused. I watched Michael Johnson, Denise Lewis, Jeanette Kwakye and Jessica Ennis query the timing. It made me angry as it undermines the efforts and Amusan’s brilliance. She has been good but unlucky to fall short when she competed against Kenny Harrison and Camacho Quin in either the Olympics or other international meets. Tobi Amusan is good.

……it’s good though they have been doubtful of the timing mechanics instead of trying to blame the time on some dodgy physiological manipulations that assisted Tobi…I’m talking about drugs. She trains in the US but she’s Nigerian and we all haven’t gotten over the Okagbare embarrassment.

Tobi is a rocket pocket. She’s a gem. I celebrate her. Phuck BBC

Tobi Amusan worked hard and she beat the best of the best to tie gold and world record…phuck the wind as well….she ran 12:06 and it should stand as the new record. The wind also assisted other girls but they didn’t come close.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by hush15: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2022
ArchiLimited:
If a British or Jamaican had smashed the record they would praise her for being a legend. But a Nigerian has done it and because they can't wrap their heads around the fact that something legendary can come out of Nigeria, they've brought out their empty pundit English to analyze emptiness. Don't just let Nigerians swear for you guys. This is one thing that has given the nation joy recently in the midst of all we're passing through so let us enjoy our girl in peace plix angry

Modified:
All of you people quoting me to say I'm playing the race card, I think you guys have self esteem issues. Has the world athletics organisation who organised the tournament come out to invalidate her record? So because a couple of British blokes spoke we should take it immediately as the truth because anything the British say becomes authority? Wake up and stop sucking up to the westerners! Stand and have some self worth. I won't reply any of your mentions again

You are right jare. Don't mind those talking race stuff. You will see that they will subject her to a drug test. I just hope they don't get thru with that. As for Amusan, we proud of her accomplishment. Thank God for such a talent from this part of our nazareth

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Pristine664: 8:49am On Jul 26, 2022
KosiGee:

Kendra Harrison personal best and former world record was 12:20….she ran a 12:27 in the semi finals when Amusan won with 12:12…watch the race again, Kenny Harrison ran a good race but Tobi Amusan was on top of her game….she clearly bested Harrison in that semi finals so I think her time was legit and should not be blamed on equipment malfunction.

I think the timing was correct. Amusan was simply too good on that day. I watch her heat race….she told the bbc reporter that she and her coach were primarily concerned with perfecting her execution which entails running well, maintaining good rhythm, executing her jumps without making contact with the hurdles which would’ve disrupted her rhythm and pace or even make her to stumble.

That girl was very focused. I watched Michael Johnson, Denise Lewis, Jeanette Kwakye and Jessica Ennis query the timing. It made me angry as it undermines the efforts and Amusan’s brilliance. She has been good but unlucky to fall short when she competed against Kenny Harrison and Camacho Quin in either the Olympics or other international meets. Tobi Amusan is good.

……it’s good though they have been doubtful of the timing mechanics instead of trying to blame the time on some dodgy physiological manipulations that assisted Tobi…I’m talking about drugs. She trains in the US but she’s Nigerian and we all haven’t gotten over the Okagbare embarrassment.

Tobi is a rocket pocket. She’s a gem. I celebrate her. Phuck BBC

Well said.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Agboconsult1(m): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2022
Fear those British journalist...we know how they always hype their own and trying possible means to bring other people down.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Litmus: 8:50am On Jul 26, 2022
Does Nigeria have a greater record of drug cheats than America or Britain?

Did Nigeria invent steroids or other performance enhancing drugs? Yet we are set to be labelled drugs cheat nation. Similarly, Nigeria is nowhere near the top of scamming nations or internet fraud but Nigeria is made to seem the worst.

And no need blaming whites, na black people from all over Africa and diaspora carry Nigeria matter for head pass oyigbo.

Whites sowed the seeds of racial bigotry, blacks cultivate it.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by adedoyin34(m): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2022
This guy don talk am

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by NigerianAngelo(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2022
These guys are demons.

I've just lost respect for them totally.

Let Nigeria be topping everything.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2022
ArchiLimited:

Modified:
Bro, 219 people liked what you wrote and I made it 220. Rather than placating those beguiled toads, just Realize that at present, 200 educated and sensible humans would have been happier if you had used a megaphone to amplifier that intelligent comment of yours.

In fact, in anyone disagrees with what you typed, you have my full backing to spit thick phlegm into his right eye.

5 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by kayperry: 8:53am On Jul 26, 2022
Pristine664:
That record still look like fairytale to me I swear. That girl is a legend.

How do you run 100 meters with hurdles (jumping fence grin) in 12 seconds?!

Expect the whites to subject her to series of drug tests. cheesy

From she wore springy Adidas Avanti TYO spikes, i don know say the whites are up to something
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by Lama70(m): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2022
*RACISM AT IT'S PEAK.

*THE JAMAICANS AND ETHIOPIANS HAVE DOMINATED FOR LONG WITHOUT ISSUES.

*NOW, awa lokan!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by ArchiLimited: 8:54am On Jul 26, 2022
DenreleDave:

Atleast 10 on this topic. Next

1 Like

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by sorepco(m): 8:55am On Jul 26, 2022
My brother was so peeved when i saw their yeye analysis last night. Its because it is not an American or Jamaican or British. Come to think that it's the blacks that 1st carried it on their heads....

ArchiLimited:

Modified:

4 Likes

Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:55am On Jul 26, 2022
Mastakija:
They should update Google already cheesy
Abi wetin i dey miss for here cheesy
undecided Google is a search engine alaye, not a webpage.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:56am On Jul 26, 2022
Lama70:
*RACISM AT IT'S PEAK.

*THE JAMAICANS AND ETHIOPIANS HAVE DOMINATED FOR LONG WITHOUT ISSUES.

*NOW, awa lokan!!!!!!!!!!!!
Una dey think at all. No be black man dey carry the record before.
Re: BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record by zuma4k(m): 8:57am On Jul 26, 2022
Oh my God! Buhari should never have congratulated Tobi. I saw it coming.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Shows Dance Moves In Dressing Room After FA CUP Win (Photos) / This Lionel Messi Meme Will Have You Reeling With Laughter ( Photo) / UEFA Announces 2017-2018 Champions League Awards Shortlist [Full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.