Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,509 members, 7,836,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! (6375 Views)

When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB / Okupe Calls Opposition Parties Noisemakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Richtalk: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2011
Wow! welcome back Sir beaf. Miss u much

At least we will begin to see some meaningful postings again.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by hercules07: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Beaf

You hold GEJ in high esteem, that is a warped idea, we have been unfortunate to have crazy people as leaders (except for Buhari and the regional leaders of yore). The Buhari regime had a good plan and was headed in the right direction until it was terminated, the problems we have had since IBB is that successive governments have been worse than the predecessor one (yes OBJ was a bad leader), your attack on Buhari and the glorification of GEJ are what I am against, I am aware you have your head well screwed on in other areas.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by maclatunji: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2011
Beaf:

You are misfiring like a rundown battery. I simply challengerd you clowns to point out a "strong" leader and you're all running around like headless chickens, I did not only lay the challenge, but went further to state that your definitions of "strong" leadership are driven by nak'ed religious and ethnic bigotries. Simply put, no rational mind would attribute any sort of leadership to any past Nigerian leader.

The only comfort we can draw from the shocking primitivity of the Nigerian politician and political pundit, is that such idiocy is not limited to Nigeria, other countries seem to have their share of dimwits that pop up out of hatred for their fellow man. This past few days, we all witnessed the blind rabid rush to destroy the US, all for the thinly veiled racist hatred of the fact that Obama is black; the extremist fools had some vain hopes that they would be shaming Obama out of office.
The very same thing is going on in Nigeria today, from the highly insulting stoning of President Jonathans motorcade, to the killing of youth corpers and the virulent attacks from the Nigerian version of the Tea Parties. To this sorry lot, the President is an ethnically inferior infidel to be fearsomely attacked by low self esteemed men with pathetically low IQ's and low morals. If not, why scream and why lie? Why boko haram?

Where is your past "strong" leader? Is he the one that rap'ed your neighbours wife, stole her land and killed her husband and sons?

Jonathan might not be to everyones taste, but why tell lies and act like brainless wild animals? "Strong" leadership from the past? The effects we see are boko haram, poverty, disease and a populace so beaten that some would lie, ra'pe their own daughters and sell their mums for bigoted religious or ethnic extremes.

In all the countries I have visited, I have never met people who are as foolishly aggressive, dishonest and wicked as the Nigerian elite, even right next door in Benin Republic and Ghana. It is an absolute disgrace.

So you typed all of that to prove that GEJ is the best thing to have happened to Nigeria/Nigerians. All that attempt at using big words is utter rubbish. Answer these three questions and we will know whether you are a pathetic useless sycophant or not.

Questions for Beaf

1. Who is the Current President of Nigeria?

2. Is he performing as he promised during his Presidential Campaign? Yes/No (We will not take "Ifs" or "Buts"wink.

3. Would you allow your business to be managed (even for 1 month) in the way GEJ is running Nigeria? Yes/No (We will not take "Ifs" or "Buts"wink.

Answer these questions sincerely and then we can take-you up from there. Don't drag Obama or Americans into the GEJ's "muddy waters."

aletheia:

^
Such comments are laughable and seem to be couched in "willful" ignorance. Good sir, pray tell me what powers accrue to the Vice President and Deputy Governors under the Nigerian constitution?

Don't play smart with me here, the office of Vice President is "useless" according to you. Yet GEJ presented it as "the most important proof of his experience" apart from being sworn-in as President after the "doctrine of necessity" drama.

If you want to be honest, Namadi Sambo is more involved and engaged as Vice President than GEJ ever was. If you want to say that "he was not allowed." Then as a man of honour and valour, he should simply have resigned and moved on to other things rather than collecting salary for nothing as you argument implies at the expense of Nigerians.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by blacksta(m): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2011
You people have time for long essay sha - Beaf states GEj is the best from a basket of rotten and smelly tomatoes - Please pray that Year 2015 comes fast maybe then A qualified strong president will emerge ( one that is not captured by Beaf's definition )
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Richtalk: 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2011
Some people amaze me here! GEJ is barely 3 months in office and some people are already judging him and comparing him with past leaders.

To be honest, no one can confidently say GEJ is a successful leader or failure now. But we can confidently say that of our past leaders.

Thats what this thread is all about. Choose your strong leader and say what he has done.

Nigerians should be patient,  in four years time ( as Promised)  GEJ name will be added to list. You can make good  comparison then.

Remember all these leaders where celebrated when they first  came into power, it was their end that actually proved whether they were really strong leaders or failures.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by aletheia(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
maclatunji:

Don't play smart with me here, the office of Vice President is "useless" according to you. Yet GEJ presented it as "the most important proof of his experience" apart from being sworn-in as President after the "doctrine of necessity" drama.
^
This is noting but emotional balderdash. Again I repeat:
aletheia:

^
Such comments are laughable and seem to be couched in "willful" ignorance. Good sir, pray tell me what powers accrue to the Vice President and Deputy Governors under the Nigerian constitution?
In other to prove your case in an unbiased and objective way. . .show us the powers of the VP that led you to conclude that the office has any real power to effect change.

I can see you are tactically beating a retreat from the earlier nonsense statement that you supported:
we can even see something good in Yar Adua when compared to GEJ.

I begin to see your example of the typical NL political punditry: high on emotions but bereft of ideas and substance and zero knowledge of the actual cut and thrust of politics and the basic grundnorm that is the Nigerian Constitution. How do I know this? BY your petulant and childish statements as follows:
maclatunji:

If you want to be honest, Namadi Sambo is more involved and engaged as Vice President than GEJ ever was.
And that's because the President has allowed him free rein just as OBJ and Atiku in 1999-2003. Before you presume to pontificate on the "powers" of the Nigerian Vice President, why don't you take the very basic step of educating yourself on what those powers are.
maclatunji:

If you want to say that "he was not allowed." Then as a man of honour and valour, he should simply have resigned
^
"He should simply have resigned". Why? Allowed to do what? Was he prevented from acting as Vice President? That the President refused to delegate more duties to him? How silly and dishonest you are for saying "he was not allowed". No doubt you were one of those cheering Atiku on when he refused to resign after OBJ shut him out of government and even after decamping from the party platform on which he was elected (an act of political harlotry if ever there was one!).

I will continue to maintain that Nigerians are easy to hoodwink and deceive because they are always confusing spectacle and noise for substance and progress. Nonsense!
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by blacksta(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2011
Richtalk:

Some people amaze me here! GEJ is barely 3 months in office and some people are already judging him and comparing him with past leaders.

To be honest, no one can confidently say GEJ is a successful leader or failure now. But we can confidently say that of our past leaders.

Thats what this thread is all about. Choose your strong leader and say what he has done.

Nigerians should be patient,  in four years time ( as Promised)  GEJ name will be added to list. You can make good  comparison then.

Remember all these leaders where celebrated when they first  came into power, it was their end that actually proved whether they were really strong leaders or failures.

Delusions  3months ko 2 minutes ni  - Nigerians do suffer from selective amnesia .  GEJ has been president since early 2010 and vice president since 2007 -
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2011
aletheia:

^
This is noting but emotional balderdash. Again I repeat:In other to prove your case in an unbiased and objective way. . .show us the powers of the VP that led you to conclude that the office has any real power to effect change.

I can see you are tactically beating a retreat from the earlier nonsense statement that you supported:
I begin to see your example of the typical NL political punditry: high on emotions but bereft of ideas and substance and zero knowledge of the actual cut and thrust of politics and the basic grundnorm that is the Nigerian Constitution. How do I know this? BY your petulant and childish statements as follows:And that's because the President has allowed him free rein just as OBJ and Atiku in 1999-2003. Before you presume to pontificate on the "powers" of the Nigerian Vice President, why don't you take the very basic step of educating yourself on what those powers are.^
"He should simply have resigned". Why? Allowed to do what? Was he prevented from acting as Vice President? That the President refused to delegate more duties to him? How silly and dishonest you are for saying "he was not allowed". No doubt you were one of those cheering Atiku on when he refused to resign after OBJ shut him out of government and even after decamping from the party platform on which he was elected (an act of political harlotry if ever there was one!).

I will continue to maintain that Nigerians are easy to hoodwink and deceive because they are always confusing spectacle and noise for substance and progress. Nonsense!

I suppose you are waiting to read what the constitution says about the powers you have in your private office going by your logic. The powers of the office of the Vice President are implied not express. So, you may not find much in terms of a list of powers and duties of a Vice President, but that does not mean the powers do not exist. At least in our history we have had two No.2 citizens who have showed guts viz. Idiagbon as Buhari's deputy (that does not count in your opinion because he was a military officer, abi?) and then there was Atiku as Vice President. Both exercised considerable power and influence. You may not agree with their styles or philosophy but you have to admit they had guts.

I do not have to present the Constitution to you for any reason whatsoever. You are the one who has hinged your arguments on its provisions and might need to quote it to buttress your point(s). I might as well Pray thee Kind sir to show me the part of the constitution that stateth that the office of Vice President is "moribund."
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by aletheia(m): 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2011
maclatunji:

I suppose you are waiting to read what the constitution says about the powers you have in your private office going by your logic.
^Please. Stop. Grasping. The Constitution says nothing about my private office. It does however say something about the powers of the Nigerian Vice President. Why don't you educate yourself instead of blowing all this hot air.
aletheia:

This is noting but emotional balderdash. Again I repeat:In other to prove your case in an unbiased and objective way. . .show us the powers of the VP that led you to conclude that the office has any real power to effect change.

I begin to see your example of the typical NL political punditry: high on emotions but bereft of ideas and substance and zero knowledge of the actual cut and thrust of politics and the basic grundnorm that is the Nigerian Constitution.

Before you presume to pontificate on the "powers" of the Nigerian Vice President, why don't you take the very basic step of educating yourself on what those powers are.

maclatunji:

The powers of the office of the Vice President are implied not express. So, you may not find much in terms of a list of powers and duties of a Vice President, but that does not mean the powers do not exist.
^
And so we come to this. All your hot air is beginning to deflate. Pray tell us what these implied powers are. Not only do you betray stark ignorance of the explicit duties of the Vice President as spelled out in the constitution, you also are grasping at straws in a vain attempt to buttress your case. What tomfoolery and buffoonery is this? This is the typical beer-parlor sophistry that Nigerians are good at: Building a case on crass and utter ignorance and misguided opinion while shying away from any attempt to educate yourself about the matter at hand as you yourself so indolently confess:
maclatunji:

I do not have to present the Constitution to you for any reason whatsoever.

maclatunji:

At least in our history we have had two No.2 citizens who have showed guts viz. Idiagbon as Buhari's deputy (that does not count in your opinion because he was a military officer, abi?) and then there was Atiku as Vice President. Both exercised considerable power and influence. You may not agree with their styles or philosophy but you have to admit they had guts.
^
An emotional argument and to be dismissed out of hand as worthless piffle! A military dictatorship and an ambitious corrupt backstabbing scheming deputy. Laughable and pathetic rebuttal.

maclatunji:

I do not have to present the Constitution to you for any reason whatsoever. You are the one who has hinged your arguments on its provisions and might need to quote it to buttress your point(s). I might as well Pray thee Kind sir to show me the part of the constitution that stateth that the office of Vice President is "moribund."
^
I do not need to quote the relevant portions of the Constitution. I have pointed you in the right direction but typical of the indolent Nigerian, opening the pages of a book to acquire knowledge leaves you petrified with terror. No where have I stated that the office of the Vice President is moribund, you silly and dishonest child; placing the word in quotation marks in an attempt to pass it off as coming from me. In any case stop bandying about words you probably don't know the meaning of. Moribund indeed!
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 12:23am On Aug 03, 2011
Richtalk:

Wow! welcome back Sir beaf. Miss u much

At least we will begin to see some meaningful postings again.

Thanks bruv.

@aletheia

I hail your patience, intelligence and ability to reach out, even to the rocks and stones among us. It is highly illuminating that maclatunji has actually asked that we look to the democratic constitution to find out how Idiagbon thrived as "Vice-President" under a military dictatorship. A stunning display of ignorance and illiteracy.

Of course, it doesn't worry maclatunji's type that Idiagbons job title was, "Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters." How that can ever be equated to a VP under a constitutional democracy is totally beyond me.

There is a lot of work to be done, it takes heaps of patience to corner the stones and rocks, divest them of their hysterical instincts, humanise them and teach, teach, teach.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by maclatunji: 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2011
Beaf:

Thanks bruv.

@aletheia

I hail your patience, intelligence and ability to reach out, even to the rocks and stones among us. It is highly illuminating that maclatunji has actually asked that we look to the democratic constitution to find out how Idiagbon thrived as "Vice-President" under a military dictatorship. A stunning display of ignorance and illiteracy.

Of course, it doesn't worry maclatunji's type that Idiagbons job title was, "Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters." How that can ever be equated to a VP under a constitutional democracy is totally beyond me. This is because you are rather blind, nobody sane will question the fact that Idiagbon was a Military equivalent to Vice President as "Chief of Staff". I wonder why Buhari is allowed to sit at the National Council of State going by your arguments, after all he was a "Military Head of State" not President . Perhaps, it is because we all are not as learned as Beaf. tongue

There is a lot of work to be done, it takes heaps of patience to corner the stones and rocks, divest them of their hysterical instincts, humanise them and teach, teach, teach.
Yet, you are hiding behind aletheia to avoid answering my questions. Too hot to answer, abi?

I suppose the word "de facto" means nothing to you. I now know you cannot read because I had already countered your argument with the Atiku angle. If by sabotaging Obasanjo's 3rd term agenda (even for selfish reasons), he is a "backstabber" in your friend's opinion. He still had the guts to use his "powers" and influence to achieve his objectives as VP. I wonder what GEJ's objectives are, if he has any at all.

aletheia:

^

I have used you to answer your own question.

aletheia:

^Please. Stop. Grasping. The Constitution says nothing about my private office. It does however say something about the powers of the Nigerian Vice President. Why don't you educate yourself instead of blowing all this hot air.^
And so we come to this. All your hot air is beginning to deflate. Pray tell us what these implied powers are. Not only do you betray stark ignorance of [b][b]the explicit duties of the Vice President as spelled out in the constitution[/b], you also are grasping at straws in a vain attempt to buttress your case. What tomfoolery and buffoonery is this? This is the typical beer-parlor sophistry that Nigerians are good at: Building a case on crass and utter ignorance and misguided opinion while shying away from any attempt to educate yourself about the matter at hand as you yourself so indolently confess:^
An emotional argument and to be dismissed out of hand as worthless piffle! A military dictatorship and an ambitious corrupt backstabbing scheming deputy. Laughable and pathetic rebuttal.[/b]
^
I do not need to quote the relevant portions of the Constitution. I have pointed you in the right direction but typical of the indolent Nigerian, opening the pages of a book to acquire knowledge leaves you petrified with terror. No where have I stated that the office of the Vice President is moribund, you silly and dishonest child; placing the word in quotation marks in an attempt to pass it off as coming from me. In any case stop bandying about words you probably don't know the meaning of. Moribund indeed!

Did I ever say you will not find any duties of the Vice President in the Constitution, I said you will not find MUCH in terms of powers and duties ("real powers to effect change"wink as you put it. You are lucky that I am too busy to argue back and forth with you. However, your time will come. grin grin grin

You are not half-as-smart as you think you are my friend. If you are so sure that GEJ was an active VP. Quote the constitution and we will measure him to that standard since you do not like the concept of "implied powers." If you cannot do that, stop dancing around like a butterfly.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2011
maclatunji:

Yet, you are hiding behind aletheia to avoid answering my questions. Too hot to answer, abi?

I suppose the word "de facto" means nothing to you. I now know you cannot read because I had already countered your argument with the Atiku angle. If by sabotaging Obasanjo's 3rd term agenda (even for selfish reasons), he is a "backstabber" in your friend's opinion. He still had the guts to use his "powers" and influence to achieve his objectives as VP. I wonder what GEJ's objectives are, if he has any at all.

I have used you to answer your own question.

Strop treading on your own tongue sir. You simply do not have a grasp of the subject you are rambling on about. How is it possible to compare a democratic civilian constitution to despotic military decrees issuing out of a Supreme Military Council? LOL!

Keep rambling, you are only proving my point that every last one of you clattering senselessly about "strong" leadership either haven't got the slightest clue about the issues you are farting so loudly about, or you are driven by ethnic or religious bigotry.

As for the rest of us? We have a task to teach, teach, teach the innocent among you; and to mentally dissect, mentally cramp, discombobulate and intellectually wreck the bats and vultures in your crowd.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by mellie: 1:44am On Aug 04, 2011
why do people engage in pointless arguements with this boy called beaf? His support for GEJ is so laden with sentiment with hardly any cogent logic and his hatred for buhari is rooted in bigotry. His knowlege on Nigeria's history is poor as well, dat's why he cannot fathom why people respect buhari. He sounds like a spoilt adolescent. Are u sure he is not GEJ's son? Cos he's too damnd emotional about the man. @beaf, Boy, does ur daddy know the amt of time u spend in nairaland tryin to launder his image?
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 2:31am On Aug 04, 2011
mellie:

why do people engage in pointless arguements with this boy called beaf? His support for GEJ is so laden with sentiment with hardly any cogent logic and his hatred for buhari is rooted in bigotry. His knowlege on Nigeria's history is poor as well, dat's why he cannot fathom why people respect buhari. He sounds like a spoilt adolescent. Are u sure he is not GEJ's son? Cos he's too damnd emotional about the man. @beaf, Boy, does your daddy know the amt of time u spend in nairaland tryin to launder his image?

Your contribution would have made a little sense if only you had been able to take up the challenge to give us examples of Nigeria's past "strong" leadership and how that benefitted the country. You can't, so scoot.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by maclatunji: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2011
mellie:

why do people engage in pointless arguements with this boy called beaf? His support for GEJ is so laden with sentiment with hardly any cogent logic and his hatred for buhari is rooted in bigotry. His knowlege on Nigeria's history is poor as well, dat's why he cannot fathom why people respect buhari. He sounds like a spoilt adolescent. Are u sure he is not GEJ's son? Cos he's too damnd emotional about the man. @beaf, Boy, does your daddy know the amt of time u spend in nairaland tryin to launder his image?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eh Beaf! You still have not answered my questions? tongue

Let us know your position; such a noble and respected leader like you needs to show his [b]adoring public [/b]what stance he holds on serious national issues.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by mellie: 8:59am On Aug 04, 2011
My dear gala abi na beef, a valid contribution from me will do absolutely nothing to make u realise dat ur daddy is abt to go down as Nigeria's dullest & weakest president ever. If I were u i'd go advice him to forget all the tricks he learnt 4rm his ugandan friends and concentrate on giving us light. 4yrs is enough to achieve at least one impt. thing. But no ur dad wants to play smart. I see him warming up to rule 4 10yrs or more. Warn him that NIG is too hot to manhandle.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by mellie: 9:14am On Aug 04, 2011
@beaf, even JONA'S godfather OBJ failed in his third term bid. And remember (if u were born then) that when ABACHA tried to enlongate his rule, he suddenly died of cardiac arrest a la chemical 1. Nig is not uganda or zimbabwe or any of these african countries, we have 2 many powers dat be and dey wnt tolerate a presidnt overstayin his welcome. GEJ is playing with fire. He might just get burnt.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 9:40am On Aug 04, 2011
mellie:

@beaf, even JONA'S godfather OBJ failed in his third term bid. And remember (if u were born then) that when ABACHA tried to enlongate his rule, he suddenly died of cardiac arrest a la chemical 1. Nig is not uganda or zimbabwe or any of these african countries, we have 2 many powers dat be and dey wnt tolerate a presidnt overstayin his welcome. GEJ is playing with fire. He might just get burnt.

Your type shouldn't pretend to be civilised. Join boko haram. Lol!
Dude, show us your "strong" leader or zap, nobody is interested in your crap talk.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by mellie: 10:03am On Aug 04, 2011
O.K mousieur beef, Buhari is the strong leader in dat list & albeit i'm from the SE I hav no regrets voting for him. True he wasn't a perfect. NIG does not need a perfect leader. All we need is a president who does more good than harm to the polity. FASHOLA is adjudged to be one of NIG's best govnors. He has made mistakes in the toll gate saga and not giving property reclamation a human face but d improvements he has made in lagos in terms of infrastrure, sanitation, tourism etc outweigh his errors
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by mellie: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2011
I grew up hearing my parents reminisce consisently on the glories of the buhari/idiagbon era. BUHARI'S tenure lasted only abt 18 months b4 he was ousted by IBB yet he left an unforgettable mark. In his time bribery & corruption plummeted and discipline was instilled by a strict rule of law. People dared not litter the streets and there was security even the terrorist group that tried to heat up the polity at that time were crushed b4 dey cld issue out statements.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2011
mellie:

O.K mousieur beef, Buhari is the strong leader in dat list & albeit i'm from the SE I hav no regrets voting for him. True he wasn't a perfect. NIG does not need a perfect leader. All we need is a president who does more good than harm to the polity. FASHOLA is adjudged to be one of NIG's best govnors. He has made mistakes in the toll gate saga and not giving property reclamation a human face but d improvements he has made in lagos in terms of infrastrure, sanitation, tourism etc outweigh his errors

So how come you were so ashamed of his record that you started yarning on a childish tangent? What did your "strong" leader do in all his coup plots from 1967 until he was overthrown? Buhari spent his entire military career in one coup plot or the other, even overthrowing a democracy. He is no better than a sharia inspired armed robber.
In his backyard, there are 10 million plus almajiri's, yet a clown like you thinks there is something admire about that devil. If Buhari was a "strong" leader, there wouldn't be 10 million plus almajiri's today, more than anything though, their existence proves his backwardness; sadly, his followers tend to be similar, they are either crude or in the extreme, ethnically and religiously bigoted youth corper killers.

Buhari is best known for a represive regime that jailed journalists for telling the truth, because it embarrassed govt. In a Buhari govt, there would be no Nairaland.
You come here mouthing off loudly, yet like the rest, you are just ignorant and too lazy to use your mind.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2011
mellie:

I grew up hearing my parents reminisce consisently on the glories of the buhari/idiagbon era. BUHARI'S tenure lasted only abt 18 months b4 he was ousted by IBB yet he left an unforgettable mark. In his time bribery & corruption plummeted and discipline was instilled by a strict rule of law. People dared not litter the streets and there was security even the terrorist group that tried to heat up the polity at that time were crushed b4 dey cld issue out statements.

Where did you hear this tosh? In a beer palour?
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by mellie: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2011
During Buhari's regime, our hospitals were well equipd, the naira was so strong,the dollar didn't stand a chance near it, we had few universities but our degrees had value around the world. Yes, buhari made errors in the arrest and imprisonment of certain people (who were released, not murdered extra-judicialy) but his positive input to our nation outnumber his mistakes. Buhari changed Nigeria in 18mnths , GEJ says he needs 6yrs. I am glad i never allowd the Ebele in Jona's name rob me of my reasoning.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by mellie: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2011
my dear beaf, that's why I Said u have little knowlege of history. Go and dust ur encyclopeadia and find out the diff. btw a military regime and a democracy. The systems are disparate. Buhari was not coming back in a military junta but in a democrtic setting. You've been too sodomized by odechukwu's propaganda so u reason from the anus blowing fart everywhere, see u in 2015. Diokpara JONA.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by aletheia(m): 11:23am On Aug 04, 2011
maclatunji:

Did I ever say you will not find any duties of the Vice President in the Constitution, I said you will not find MUCH in terms of powers and duties ("real powers to effect change"wink as you put it. You are lucky that I am too busy to argue back and forth with you. However, your time will come. grin grin grin
^
And so you tuck your tail between your legs and run. . .having conceded that the VP has no real powers. Nonsense. I am sure you finally went and peeked at the constitution. . .hence this volte-face. "Implied" powers ko, "implied" powers ni.

The Nigerian psyche has been so traumatized and dehumanized by years of purposeless and directionless Military rule that we do not understand the basic tenets and norms of civilized democratic behaviour. So typically people like you confuse rabble-rousing antics and aggressive grandiloquent and populist gestures that ultimately are meaningless and lacking in substance for governance. The typical Nigerian mistakes quietness for weakness.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by houvest: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
Beaf abeg no kill me with laff. Who be this guy OBJ they feed abeg?
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by abacus(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
Buhari is my strong leader any day.

He's even more Igbo/hausa/yoruba/warri etc than you, Beaf (Meat in the hand of GEJ)

Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by maclatunji: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
aletheia:

^
And so you tuck your tail between your legs and run. . .having conceded that the VP has no real powers. Nonsense. I am sure you finally went and peeked at the constitution. . .hence this volte-face. "Implied" powers ko, "implied" powers ni.

The Nigerian psyche has been so traumatized and dehumanized by years of purposeless and directionless Military rule that we do not understand the basic tenets and norms of civilized democratic behaviour. So typically people like you confuse rabble-rousing antics and aggressive grandiloquent and populist gestures that ultimately are meaningless and lacking in substance for governance. The typical Nigerian mistakes quietness for weakness.

Actually, I have not looked at the constitution as I have told you I don't need to. Read this and think about it "the VP has no real powers" shocked . Maybe if you were Vice President you would not have real powers. If I were Vice President, the powers would be too much. Sheeesh we are talking about the Number 2 citizen of Africa's most populous country here! Wake up!
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by cutecut: 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2011
men as for me o i will be more than ready to take that position i go flog the noise maker e they no go make noise again
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 11:44pm On Aug 04, 2011
houvest:

Beaf abeg no kill me with laff. Who be this guy OBJ they feed abeg?

Na Gbenga Daniel be dat. grin
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2011
maclatunji:

Actually, I have not looked at the constitution as I have told you I don't need to. Read this and think about it "the VP has no real powers" shocked . Maybe if you were Vice President you would not have real powers. If I were Vice President, the powers would be too much. Sheeesh we are talking about the Number 2 citizen of Africa's most populous country here! Wake up!

Yeah, ignorance is power to the simple minded folk who talk about past "strong" leaders in a country on its knees from past horrendous govts.
The vast majority of people would actually get acquainted with a subject, instead of making increasingly louder and more foolish statements.

You never had a clue of what was going on. Dude, daft hysterics and directionless sentimental flapping will never replace engaging your mind. Now that you have failed so publicly, stand back, re-strategise and actually digest the topic at hand. The time for blind followership and harrah singing is over in Nigeria, your type will be relegated to the trash can; it is the new era of the thinking man.
Re: A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! by Beaf: 12:26am On Aug 05, 2011
abacus:

Buhari is my strong leader any day.

He's even more Igbo/hausa/yoruba/warri etc than you, Beaf (Meat in the hand of GEJ)

I have continued to point out the gaps in your camps grasp of basic issues of governance and civil rectitude. So lets do it with one more scenario.

Buhari spent his earlier years as our ever present petroleum minister, PTF boss and tyranical head of state, he has easily had the most influence on the petroleum sector.
80% of Nigeria's disposable income comes from oil. However, in the past, there was zero effort to determine the exact number of barrels drilled per day. The likes of Shell simply told Nigeria any number they deemed fit, there was no method to check and nobody bothered. "Strong" Nigerian govts like Buhari's simply signed the dotted line, recieved the brown envelope and things were sweet for them, while the populace drowned in poverty and kids with glowing aspirations became almajiri's.

In what country do foreigners tell the govt how much oil it is producing? Running such a system is a gaping hole for corruption and we have seen its fruits.
In what other country on Earth is there no system to account for extracted mineral resources, especially a resource as valuable as oil?

So, how come "strong" Buhari was a main player in the setting up of such an absolutely shambolic system? Or does he just lack the necessary intellectual and moral strength? What do you understand strength to be? Primitive brutishness? Damning levels of stupi'dity or and corruption?

It has taken GEJ's govt to close all loop holes and put in place verifiable procedures to account for every last barrel of oil lifted from Nigerian soil. That sir, is strength.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!! CbN UnVeILs ThE NeW NaIrA NoTe. / Yoruba leaders In Imo State Visit Emeka Ihedioha, demand appointment(photo) / Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.