Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem (28337 Views)

Siemens Extends Completion Of Nigeria’s Power Project To 2030 / Atiku Vs Tinubu Vs Obi How They Stand On National Development Benchmarks / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by sniperr007(m): 10:42am On Jul 26, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:
Obi is a good man but unfortunately he lacks the experience. Governance at National level goes beyond telling stories.

I find his story about buying fuel for his convoy as a Governor very repulsive, as a leader you must delegate you must have people you can trust to help you deliver, no man is an island.

Did GEJ have experience? But he was better than buhari 100%.

And obi is better than GEJ 100%

So he is better than buhari.

I won't mind an atiku but I prefer an Obi
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by onuman: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2022
ochejoseph:
Atiku vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend to Fix Nigeria's Power Problem

During his Arise Interview, Nigeria's former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the PDP was asked a simple question on how he intend to fix Nigeria's power problems.

He was practical in his response which centered around decentralizing generation and transmission which he intends to achieve by:

1. Fixing turbines on the Dams that are idling away in the Northern states of Nigeria and embracing solar energy.

2.Using the massive deposits of coal in Enugu to power the deficits in the South East since we are still a developing country.

3. Using the existing gas reserves in the South South to power existing gas powered stations across Nigeria

Peter Obi his former running mate and ex governor of Anambra now presidential candidate of Labour Party was asked thesame simple question on what his plans for fixing our power problems are, he wasted 4 mins saying virtually nothing:

He referred us to go and read what the leader of Singapore and the ruler of Dubai said about what people are doing right.

His knowledge of our current problems and potentials that can be quickly transformed to fix the problem was very poor.

His response to the problem of lingering ASUU strike was equally poor. Instead of answering the question the man went off point talking about out of school children providing statistics that were already out dated.

Dont take my word for it here are the videos, watch it and make your own judgement.

Source 1: https://twitter.com/emmaikumeh/status/1551214135253270531?t=-BmHvUgADhUGkm_mh2Wk_Q&s=19

Source 2: https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1551641001885945861?t=pgUE1Bx3_Ab9A7MO9KxExA&s=19

Source 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsv3vtrfh8

May God Help Us to Help Ourselves in 2023
Atiku Abubakar wants to go back to the old systems that have been on ground since the 1990s, tried but failed, while Obi Peter told you that he will resort to the ultramodern power generation and supply system used by Singapore and other modern countries.
Yet BackwardEver and ForwardNever are your choices.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by PandoraObi: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2022
emmykk:

I think your are been useless,he said he went to Egypt to study their power systems and replicate it here
You should be saying that about your parents you know
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by charlypoker(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2022
You tried to make a point, but there is no sense in what you wrote there. You writeups is one sided and biased. If you don't like Obi don't paint him bad or say things about him. Just focus on your Atiku
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by ShenTeh(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku answered the question better no doubt.

But my vote if for Obi nonetheless.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Arysexy(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2022
Now that we have agreed that these two are the serious contenders willing to talk out their plans, let now do a better comparison of the two, having eliminated the bending Agbado distraction.

Obi did not tell us to go and verify how Singapore did it. Obi said yesterday that he was captivated by how Egypt doubles their Generation in 4yrs, hence the motivation to visit Egypt to see what they did differently, and he was able to see how Govt policy shaped the increase, from Funding, Generating company, the company that built the stations.

The highlights is govt policy which ensures the investors get their money, the companies get the power delivered to the consumers and in turn get value for their money

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by onuman: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2022
backtovillage:
Na like ds Buhari start. He was very desperate just like Atiku.
Tinubu or Obi is a goal for me
Oh yes, but it's like Tinubu and Obi shall divide the votes of the south and middle belt for Atiku to win to resort to the failed power generation and distribution systems he and Obasanjo sunk $16 billion into but no electricity till now.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by haffaze777(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Atiku is wise than Pandora criminal now, but oga patalata of them nah Mazi bola Ahmed Tinubu he's wiser than both Atiku and Pandora criminal

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by plaindealer: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2022
emmykk:

I think your are been useless,he said he went to Egypt to study their power systems and replicate it here

What did he studied in Egypt? Nigeria is not Egypt, our power issues and solutions are not the same.

Siemens that worked in Egypt designed and worked out our own solution and roadmap to get us to 25,000 by 2025, faster than the 4 years in Egypt.

Pandora wasted his useless time going to Egypt and you his followers need education too..

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by JealousCobra(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2022
FILEBE:
Lol. Atiku knows this and couldn't advice Buhari on what to do? Abi Nigeria no concern am ? Oh!! He was VP o. He was VP, couldn't he have done it then?

E reach now, you are telling us how to fix the power sector . All these years , you have no idea, power and influence to fix it abi? You are aspiring for Prisidency and ideas start streaming in. Weldone. Over the years, aspirants have come up with great, meticulous, superb ways of fixing Nigeria but they never do when they get there . We aren't falling for such again and again.

I will rather vote a truthfull person who we can relate to and with . The person who a large number of people are rallying for. That way, when he fails, this same people will be ready to admonish and hold him responsible and even put him on check.

The other candidates seem like they are untouchable, they can go away with whatever . Does Buhari listen to us?

Very well spoken...

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by AK481(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2022
ochejoseph.. that name rings a bell.

this hungry jobbers have resurated to earn their peanut.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by JealousCobra(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2022
FILEBE:
Lol. Atiku knows this and couldn't advice Buhari on what to do? Abi Nigeria no concern am ? Oh!! He was VP o. He was VP, couldn't he have done it then?

E reach now, you are telling us how to fix the power sector . All these years , you have no idea, power and influence to fix it abi? You are aspiring for Prisidency and ideas start streaming in. Weldone. Over the years, aspirants have come up with great, meticulous, superb ways of fixing Nigeria but they never do when they get there . We aren't falling for such again and again.

I will rather vote a truthfull person who we can relate to and with . The person who a large number of people are rallying for. That way, when he fails, this same people will be ready to admonish and hold him responsible and even put him on check.

The other candidates seem like they are untouchable, they can go away with whatever . Does Buhari listen to us?

Very well spoken...[b][/b]

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Af0nja: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2022
ochejoseph:

During his Arise Interview, Nigeria's former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the PDP was asked a simple question on how he intend to fix Nigeria's power problems.

He was practical in his response which centered around decentralizing generation and transmission which he intends to achieve by:

1. Fixing turbines on the Dams that are idling away in the Northern states of Nigeria and embracing solar energy.

2.Using the massive deposits of coal in Enugu to power the deficits in the South East since we are still a developing country.

3. Using the existing gas reserves in the South South to power existing gas powered stations across Nigeria

Peter Obi his former running mate and ex governor of Anambra now presidential candidate of Labour Party was asked thesame simple question on what his plans for fixing our power problems are, he wasted 4 mins saying virtually nothing:

He referred us to go and read what the leader of Singapore and the ruler of Dubai said about what people are doing right.

His knowledge of our current problems and potentials that can be quickly transformed to fix the problem was very poor.

His response to the problem of lingering ASUU strike was equally poor. Instead of answering the question the man went off point talking about out of school children providing statistics that were already out dated.

Dont take my word for it here are the videos, watch it and make your own judgement.

Source 1: https://twitter.com/emmaikumeh/status/1551214135253270531?t=-BmHvUgADhUGkm_mh2Wk_Q&s=19

Source 2: https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1551641001885945861?t=pgUE1Bx3_Ab9A7MO9KxExA&s=19

Source 3:

I watched both interviews. Obi wasn't given the time to table an exhaustive approach.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Oketwin(m): 10:50am On Jul 26, 2022
We nor go still vote for Atiku if you don't geriit than forget about it
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Arysexy(m): 10:51am On Jul 26, 2022
Fixing turbines on the Dams that are idling away in the Northern states of Nigeria and embracing solar energy.

If these are Atiku's solutions, then he doesn't have solution.

1. What business does federal govt have in fixing turbines in companies that have been privatised? Is he away that all GENCOS are in private hands?

2. Coal has been classified as unclean energy source that depletes the ozone layer and is discouraged

3.where does he think the Gas power plants presently in generation get their gas from? Yet, issue of gas constraints persists?
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by plaindealer: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2022
Kennedyli:
The difference is what can be done in practical and theory.

Atiku is telling you the same thing that we all read on paper about how electricity can be produced with coal and dams in those days.

Obi has gone to see people who were able to generate 25000kw of electricity in 4 years. He met all parties involved including the financiers.

So it's about bringing those people down here to replicate what they did in Egypt.

Atiku on the other hand doesn't even know wheter the dams can be actually worked on or if our coal infrastructure are still existent.

But why would Nigeria be using coal when we have enough gas and are supplying gas to other countries to generate electricity?

Siemens that gave Egypt 25,000 in 4 years is currently on the ground in Nigeria to get us to the same 25,000 in 3 years.

Pandora is a fool, he's ignorant and mentally shallow. He should have studied our own Siemens roadmap before going on vacation to Egypt..

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by onuman: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2022
plaindealer:

What did he studied in Egypt? Nigeria is not Egypt, our power issues and solutions are not the same.

Siemens that worked in Egypt designed and worked out our own solution and roadmap to get us to 25,000 by 2025, faster than the 4 years in Egypt.

Pandora wasted his useless time going to Egypt and you his followers need education too..

In bold. What is the difference between Egypt and Nigeria when it comes to common power generation and distribution? You wanted to sound sophistiwretched as usual.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2022
YourhealthNG2:
So this nonsense and biased write up made front page?

Na wa o..

Anyway, Nigeria has never been short of plans. The problem has always been lack of sincerity of purpose and inflated contracts that hinder full implementation and realisation of the plans.

Take for instance the Lagos light rail project. It was conceptualised by Jakande in the early 80s. Till date, 4 decades later, the project is still ongoing

Anyway, Proudly Obidient
biased writeup? It's literally a transcript of their answers in interviews. Click on the links up there and watch the two videos. Obi is lost

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by ChristineC: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2022
kingthreat:

Calm down, bro. Obi's solution requires heavy funding. That means that Nigeria has to borrow. With the loans and issues Nigeria has, is it right for us to borrow at the moment and compound the debt?
Now look at Atiku's solution. It it more about using what you have to achieve what you want. There will be funding but not massive as Obi's solution. Yes nothing bad in Nigeria using coal, solar, wind, etc to generate electricity that could serve some certain areas and ease the load on the urban areas.
For the record, I am neither a fan of either Obi, Tinubu or Atiku. Still seeing what they all have to offer.
kingthreat:
Where in the world are politician's children poor?
Which top politician's adult child does not at least own a property?
Do you havve an idea how rich Peter Obi's children are? Wasn't his present teenage daughter the owner of millions of dollars leaked by the Pandora papers?
If you like, don't hustle hard for your money. Keep blaming government for stealing your money as your excuse not to give your children a better life.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2022
WITH ATIKUMILKANO GENERATORS EVRY CORNER HE WILL NEVA ALLOW ELECTRIC POWER FOR NAIJA angryHE JST BE SAYIN WE WI;LL WE WILL UNTIL 8YEARS GOES
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by showafrica(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2022
ochejoseph:

Source 3:

My brother you are an Atiku supporter. You see in Engineering, it is easier said that done. Atiku giving you facts probably, his son or aides who studied engineering told him. Dams lieing idle, what is the capacity of the dams. Can they generate the equivalent energy required by the region? Honestly, I go with Peter Obi. At this point, we need professionals to come and decide how to generate enough energy for Nigeria. If the gas in PH is enough to generate 50000mw of electricity, let the gas plant sit in PHC for everybody. We don't need experiment right now, we just need to do what is working else where. When we stabilize we can start looking for alternative energy. Atiku was with OBJ for 8 years and achieved nothing. To me, Nigeria is a multi ethnic country and if we want it to work, every region should participate. We have suffered in the hands of Fulani, it is not wise to hand over to another Fulani president. No matter, blood is thicker than water. Atiku will still consider his Fulani brothers before other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by TheGift: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2022
richiemcgold:
I think we are now beginning to identify the serious contenders and mere pretenders. Tinubu is next to tell us how he plans to fix the electricity so we can compare and contrast. When I wrote it here few days ago that it is high time all presidential candidates start rolling out their plans and programs (manifestos) for Nigerians to know what they have for us, some nairalanders kicked against it saying it is not yet time.

As for me, I won't make up my mind yet on who should have my vote until I identify the candidate with the most realistic and clearcut plan to fix 3 things - - electricity, economy and restructuring.

Planning is one thing, the will to implement is another thing. In the words of a great Nigerian author; "all of Nigeria's problems have already been solved on paper"

I will vote a Man who is willing to implement good plans to implement over the one that merely has plans that he might not be willing to implement, going by His antecedents.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by kingthreat(m): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2022
ChristineC:

I am against all 3. Check through all my posts. Las las, I will settle for the least evil/incompetent.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Kennedyli: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2022
plaindealer:

Siemens that gave Egypt 25,000 in 4 years is currently on the ground in Nigeria to get us to the same 25,000 in 3 years.

Pandora is a fool, he's ignorant and mentally shallow. He should have studied our own Siemens roadmap before going on vacation to Egypt..

Are you not foolish. The deal was signed in 2019. This is 2022. Where is the power plant? Or even any structure of it. Or you think Egypt used 3 of those 4 years to review the contract?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by kalvoken(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2022
Chiboy419:
All this your nonsense write up can't stop us the sense able youths of Nigeria from voting obi next year
When he was vp for 8 years he was busy stealing Nigerians money forgetting to advice his boss
Na now solution come dey his head ba....
Our mumu don do

Is obi or nothing

Allow them to keep deceiving themselves. Atiku, the sole owner of mikano will fix Nigeria power problems to booster his Generator business or what?

If this people couldn't learn a lesson from buhari, I wonder if it's same maker that made us all.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2022
cosmatika:
It's good we start comparing issues, and not attacking personalities which Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwanso's supporters have been doing against Obi.

You are very economical with the truth here, you didn't finish everything that Obi said on the interview.
Meanwhile, Atiku is still talking about same old turbines that haven't worked for years, while Obi is telling you about a working system. The problem with you people is that you are stuck with old politicians who don't want to upgrade their knowledge on modern ways of doing things
what is the system? That's how you people write 5 pages in exams and score 14/100. Trust me if this were an exam Obi will be getting around 12/100 for attempt
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Lightorder: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2022
I will fix turbine in every flood water in every street. Sounds good right ? Then vote me.

See Atiku wasting his time , sweet talking.
Only gullible big heads that voted APC in 2015 would fall for this

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by ChristineC: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2022
kingthreat:

I am against all 3. Check through all my posts. Las las, I will settle for the least evil/incompetent.
kingthreat:
Give it to Tinubu.
He makes the right political moves
be proud of your candidate. I don't understand Nigerians at all.
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Mosesvic11(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2022
candidtalk:
@OP.

What you reveal just shows that only dreamers, fantasist, gullible elements and ignorant folks are supporting Obi.

I don't rate Atiku but would accept him as President any day rather than the liar, propagandists and deceitful scammer called Peter Obi.

Study Obi carefully and you will note he is a carefully packaged scam. His record as Governor is totally empty and below average.

People forget he was governor in the Era of the likes of Duke, Fashola, Akpabio and others who stood out for achievement no one could doubt. Whereas everything about Obi is more propaganda than substance.

Visiting Egypt, hanging around Downing Street in London, taking silly pictures with Nigerian taxi driver in the UK ,who gave messiah Obi 'free ride, to even Hollywood A list actors endorsing Obi.

It is all scams and deceit with Obi we have not seen from Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso or even Sowore who is a bit of a showman.

When Obi talks it is all evasive rhetoric with zero substance. Neubulous jargon that can't fool any averagely intelligent analyst.

I laugh at Obidullards who think attacking Tinubu is a wise strategy. Tinubu cannot join issues with the upstart Obi.

Campaign will separate the men from boys. When you talk about security Kwankwaso, Obi and Atiku will all spout rhetoric.

Yet Tinubu has been there, done it and got the t-shirt. He can point to RRS, perhaps the most professional subdivision of the Nigerian police force, he created, equipped and funded innovatively.

No be 'dem say dem say' of Obi, Kwankwaso etal.

If you want to talk economics, Tinubu simply has to point to his achievement of making Lagos the 5th or 6th biggest economy in Africa, richer than nations like Ghana, while Obi's and Kwankwaso's reign as Governors were mediocre and completely unremarkable.

Let's not even talk about the likes of Eko Atlantic City that is a stupendous ode to Tinubu's unreal vision and ability to concieve great ideas.

All in all, the reality is that no other can match Tinubu, not even remotely close, if we talk about record and achievements in political leadership and public administration.
any leader who cannot make decisions that can unifer our nation at this critical time is not a leader. Any leader that looks for away he can win and not a way the people he intend to lead can win is not a leader. Telling us the same old story that has no effect is not what we need. Tinubu of then is different from tinubu of now, a vote for tinubu is a vote against equity, fairness and justice. We will not take that part. Thanks and most importantly leave obi alone, he has not condem any of the candidate contest in this election, they are the one doing so, leave him alone.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2022
All this one na talk, reminds me of Bola Ige who boasted that he will fix power problems in 1 year, and yet couldnt .
Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by TheGift: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2022
Economic plans are critical.

Still,Planning is one thing, the will to implement the plan is another thing. In the words of a great Nigerian author; "all of Nigeria's problems have already been solved on paper"

I will vote a Man who is willing to implement good plans over the one that merely has plans that he might not be willing to implement, going by His antecedents.

Furthermore, as nice sounding as Atiku sounds, how implementable are His so called "plans"? Does he know the cost of restarting those dead power stations, had he factored in flooding and drought? Has he considered the ever rising direct and indirect costs of renewable energies? How will the project impact employment, local production, insecurity , food security?

These are the real issues.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem by 07kjb: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2022
plaindealer:

What did Siemens do in Egypt?

They were prudent and leadership realistic in EGYPT UNLIKE HERE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Inside The Oil Deals That Cost Nigeria Billions; Between Diezani And Others / BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting / I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.