Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified (68291 Views)

Failed Kidnapping: 2 Security Guards Killed & Military Vehicles Burnt In Zamfara / Man Who Has Been Working As A Female Househelp, Forced To Remove His Clothes / Jessy Gold: Girl Killed By Policemen In Ajegunle Identified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Okobola146: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2022
RepairZoneNaira:
Rest in peace brother

pls add S to plularise it
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by wonder233: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2022
Don't mind them. Nigerians and their irritating japa mentality
Munamoqel:
whoa they might resign their good ,secure and safe jobs to follow the japa crew .this chap wouldn't consider a security work back home even for a equivalent of same pay !
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by aujile(m): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2022
chatinent:
Many folks overseas are workaholics. Mehn. Hustle no bi beans.

God bless legit hustlers!

The reason why people who travel out do any jobs they see to make money is mainly due to the stigmatization of coming back home empty-handed. Everyone back home believes everyone abroad is doing well. So they work their asses up and do whatever they see to survive until their papers are complete.

Imagine you never make am, you come return with bread and some clothes for your siblins. Small argument and they tell you upfront you are nothing to write home about...not even like you know the price of blocks talkless of having a home wey dem go come write sth?

Where you no fit win simple arguments again nor speak in family meeting for the fear of them introducing you as “are you not the one who stayed in Germany” when you still dey under papa's incompletely roofed house?

Or the shame of responding to villagers’ “when are you going back” question?

Or you come dey stroll with leg with accent?

Now imagine say dem deport you.

No be to just enter lagoon?

Overseas is not for the fainthearted.

Do you know the innermost pain it carries when you are having a disagreement with sb when you return and they call you ewu Germany?

It's not totally true, cos is not everyone that wants to show off. Some people in nigeria are willing to do the menial jobs but the pay is nothing to even feed only you.
Imagine a driving work at lekki for 75k and the person lives around Ajah, where he will be going to lekki phase 1 to resume for 25 days in a month and he pays a minimum of 2k on transport (to and fro).
Then compare the same job with the one in UK and he is paid in pounds on weekly basis.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by xandy84: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2022
There is nothing like foreign doctor. It's just someone who want to go to medical school and need to pass entrance exam. Will you allow someone who claim he is a doctor from Sudan to just come Naija and start to practicing medicine without attending medical school for Naija?
There are Canadians who never made it to medical school cos they never pass entrance exam and they move on to something else. Nigerian doctor who wish to travel or travel abroad must know they have to earn the right to practice medicine or they will end up in group home wiping people's rear end.

planetx:
The same Canada where a foreign doctor will be driving a taxi under the guise of passing their exams, until a decade later he as forgotten everything about being a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Minjim: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2022
coputa:
I think they said there are abundant jobs in canada for graduates,why going for security guard jobs.drugs and gangsterism is the order of the day in these over hyped countries.They were killed in their prime,rest in peace.
To get a job, you have to have some qualifications or skill first
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Richy4(m): 11:08am On Jul 27, 2022
coputa:
I think they said there are abundant jobs in canada for graduates,why going for security guard jobs.drugs and gangsterism is the order of the day in these over hyped countries.They were killed in their prime,rest in peace.

You don't know how this work buddy...
<< As you are studying, u will be allowed to work 20hrs a week as a student (except on holidays that u can work normal hours).
<< How many organization will be willing to offer a job to a student that puts in just 20hrs if not for hospitality industry?..
<< They are graduates just about to get all papers right before getting into proper organization.. That's how it works angry..
<< There are jobs but they are looking for people that can work more than 20hrs without restrictions..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by MichaelJayJay: 11:10am On Jul 27, 2022
I don't just understand anymore.. There's no chance of safety when you travel to this countries and in your own country you are still not safe.. Can the world just come to an end already?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by jaxxy(m): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2022
Ishilove:
It will be ironic if you leave the shithole in search of greener pastures in developed countries, only to end up killed like a stray animal in same developed country

I thought there were no guns in Canada or what am I hearing??

I thought Canada was safe?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by kelvindj98: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2022
planetx:
The same Canada where a foreign doctor will be driving a taxi under the guise of passing their exams, until a decade later he as forgotten everything about being a doctor.
Is this common?
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Qdigo: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2022
ZaddyJ:

Which drug is this ?

Used to treat and prevent blood clots...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by tibatobi: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2022
coputa:
na so traveling abroad matter dey be atimes.... White man country self get him own shortcomings
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by OlawaleBammie: 11:17am On Jul 27, 2022
planetx:
U mean he wil have to be driving taxi before bn accredited for the position of doctor??

As in, he wil have to drive taxi first as a means of survival before being employed as a doctor??

Lobatan... A no tink say a go travel self again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by delpee(f): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2022
Most unfortunate. Probably working while studying for their Masters.

Very sad indeed.

By the way, the Nigerian Embassy should be in charge not Abike Dabiri.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by pafra(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2022
Lightorder:
Be consoling your Nigerian based hopeless self

Even prisoners over there are better than you guys and have brighter future .

Rip to the dead

Prisoners are better than you and your family members don't mean they are better than others. Please speak for yourself your family and future .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by delpee(f): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2022
Richy4:

You don't know how this work buddy...
<< As you are studying, u will be allowed to work 20hrs a week as a student (except on holidays that u can work normal hours).
<< How many organization will be willing to offer a job to a student that puts in just 20hrs if not for hospitality industry?..
<< They are graduates just about to get all papers right before getting into proper organization.. That's how it works angry..
<< There are jobs but they are looking for people that can work more than 20hrs without restrictions..

In summary, you're better off with a Permanent Residency status to attract good job offers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 27, 2022
This is so pathetic. God will give their families the fortitude to bear the loss.

It's never a sin to hustle for greener pasture but one needs a divine direction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Lightorder: 11:22am On Jul 27, 2022
pafra:

Prisoners are better than you and your family members don't mean they are better than others. Please speak for yourself your family and future .
if you like kill yourself . You have no social and economic value. I have told you and the world knows
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by richardokubo(m): 11:27am On Jul 27, 2022
mbahdi:
Leprosy to any hand wanting to vote in APC again
Amen and Amen and Amen �������
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by eazye4u133(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
CANADA DRY! STOP HYPING CANADA AND PRAY FOR YOUR NIGERIA TO GET GOOD CONSCIENCE LEADERS INTO GOVT,AND SEE BETA DAYS. shocked
NO PLACE LIKE HOME.undecided

Indeed we have prayed for a very long time and still praying brother, its high time we act rightly come 2023. Nigeria will surely work again if the right set of leaders are elected to rule
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by na2016: 11:29am On Jul 27, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Masters of Security Studies
I'll rather die on my feet in Naija than live as a slave in Canada.

Those guys were not slaves. I will say a case of being at a wrong place at a wrong time. In countries as such, no one looks down on what job you do. And these guys would probably have a better job 6 months or 1 year down the line before the unfortunate incident.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by bayobabe(f): 11:29am On Jul 27, 2022
But still able to pay bills.......one can't even pay bills here
xandy84:
Jobs everywhere but decent jobs with living wages still hard to come by. Yankee, UK, Canada is little better than Naija and highly over hyped cos all you make goes straight to bills and you're left with very few $$.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by usagee36: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2022
Haha our certificate is useless abroad. Nobody will employ you with it. But those jobs pay far better than in Nigeria Bruh!
coputa:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2022
duduade:
Abike s number never goes....

But if it's to share money at burdillion now her number or numbers will be going

Tufiakwa

Is it Abike that killed them? Is Abike responsible for the crime in Canada?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Confirm4real(m): 11:34am On Jul 27, 2022
RIP cos Nigeria failed them.

If their home country is good why would they travel out to seek for greener pastures

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by emmaodet: 11:38am On Jul 27, 2022
chatinent:
Many folks overseas are workaholics. Mehn. Hustle no bi beans.

God bless legit hustlers!

The reason why people who travel out do any jobs they see to make money is mainly due to the stigmatization of coming back home empty-handed. Everyone back home believes everyone abroad is doing well. So they work their asses up and do whatever they see to survive until their papers are complete.

Imagine you never make am, you come return with bread and some clothes for your siblings. Small argument and they tell you upfront "you are nothing to write home about...not even like you know the price of blocks talkless of having a home wey dem go come write sth?"

Where you no fit win simple arguments again nor speak in family meeting for the fear of them introducing you as “are you not the one who stayed in Germany” when you still dey under papa's incompletely roofed house?

Or the shame of responding to villagers’ “when are you going back” question?

Or you come dey stroll with leg with accent?

Now imagine say dem deport you.

No be to just enter lagoon?

Overseas is not for the fainthearted.

Do you know the innermost pain it carries when you are having a disagreement with sb when you return and they call you ewu Germany?

grin grin

One of the reasons why i no wan commot for nija.
I am not ready to work my life out again.
I no be small pikin again, the small life wey remain, na to enjoy am abeg.
I don too suffer and the little time make i use am rest, kilode
Sogun laye ni

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Richy4(m): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2022
delpee:

In summary, you're better off with a Permanent Residency status to attract good job offers.

Yep
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by emmaodet: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Masters of Security Studies
I'll rather die on my feet in Naija than live as a slave in Canada.

cheesy cheesy
You are truely a ''verywickedman''
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Rilwayne001: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2022
eallstar:

Security guards earned more income than regular cooperate jobs in Nigeria if you consider exchange rates of naira to dollars

Olodo.

Have you ever lived in abroad to also compare the cost of living over there and Nigeria with this same “naira to dollar”?

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by ednut1(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2022
Qwerty004:
They said Nigerian graduate not Canadian graduate. Do you expect you being a graduate in Nigeria would get you a good in Canada
i have only Nigerian qualifications along with many of my friends. And we have good paying jobs. There is shortage of labour in the west. Even if you have kogi poly but can do the job they will take you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by ednut1(m): 11:43am On Jul 27, 2022
usagee36:
Haha our certificate is useless abroad. Nobody will employ you with it. But those jobs pay far better than in Nigeria Bruh!
false. In the last 5 years. Oyinbo no care where you studied. Go on LinkedIn and see for your self

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2022
milkySperm:
Yet some people still want to vote APC and PDP that put us in this mess, I wish them at least 50% of havoc APC has wrecked on Nigeria.
You must be a kid.
FYI, Nigeria has never been better under any administration, if any politrickian is telling you he will change things overnight, he is just deceiving you, the mindset of majority has been fixed on negativity.
Nigeria go better was a song in 1985 to discourage youth from japa, so japa is not a new thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Jungle, Agbole, Where Men, Women Offer Oral, Anal Sex For Fees / Notorious Cultist Who Rapes Women To Stupor Paraded By Police In Imo. Photos / Somalian Woman Shot In Clitoris By Stray Bullet While Sitting In Her Living Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.