Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,353 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified (68245 Views)

Failed Kidnapping: 2 Security Guards Killed & Military Vehicles Burnt In Zamfara / Man Who Has Been Working As A Female Househelp, Forced To Remove His Clothes / Jessy Gold: Girl Killed By Policemen In Ajegunle Identified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by heendrix(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2022
Esseite:

So graduates don't do security jobs here in Nigeria?... The difference is the dignity in Labour you have over there, You could be anything and still respected while increasing your credit rating to afford the dream you always wanted.

You're still not getting his point, most graduates here do security jobs cuz there's no job available and they got no choice. the question here is why is a Nigerian graduate still doing with a security job after getting a degree? shey Canada no be heaven on earth again?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by hmohammed(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2022
femisplash:

You'd conveniently ignored Godfrey Onyeama, the minister of foreign affairs and heap all the blames on Abike. Was Godfrey appointed as a Mannequin in office?, What has he directed the Nigerian embassy in Canada to do so far?

What is wrong with Nigerians. What has this got to do with Nigerian government
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by thecommunist(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2022
damola1:
There was a kontri

Never in Nigeria is a shooting at a Night club

We must fix our kontri
no nightclub shooting....but some fulani herdsmens killing here and there plus boko haram kidnappings and killings that happens once in a while. And of course, shootings and abductions in trains.. yes, Nigeria is very peaceful and secured.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by 43Ronin: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2022
posty56:
hate crime, the assailant was definitely racially motivated
It wasn't oo, its was a black jamaican that killed them. The stupid jamo wanted to fight inside the club, the bouncers tried to calm every down but the jamo no gree calm so they kicked him outa the club. That's how nigger went to his car, did a drive-by on the security men. Jamos & somalis aren't fucking with anyone in canada. They are mostly strapped & comit crimes easily. RIP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by heendrix(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2022
eallstar:

Security guards earned more income than regular cooperate jobs in Nigeria if you consider exchange rates of naira to dollars

I consider you people that use this dollar to naira exchange to rate folks abroad not intelligent. you simply can't use the cheap living standard in Nigeria to compare that of Canada when it comes to earnings, so next time y'all want to calculate how much they earn do well to also calculate their bills, monthly health insurance, rent, food and upkeep monthly to know if truly they're earning huge

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 27, 2022
heendrix:

You're still not getting his point, most graduates here do security jobs cuz there's no job available and they got no choice. the question here is why is a Nigerian graduate still doing with a security job after getting a degree? shey Canada no be heaven on earth again?

A security Job is still a Job.. people have grown security companies from being security operatives.... your degree does not matter, consistency and discipline in any field is all that matters. Anyone can make it from anything. A better system that cherishes dignity in labour gives you an edge to actualizing that dream.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by gassbee: 11:55am On Jul 27, 2022
eallstar:

Security guards earned more income than regular cooperate jobs in Nigeria if you consider exchange rates of naira to dollars
you are not current
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by heendrix(m): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2022
JoshTim:
You see why ano dey to flashy traveling out again. Those whittiies be killing negros with their guns. Motherfucking Caucasians and white supremacists. The black Americans too are mad dogs and white slaves who only seek superiority to the white race

My brother, there's no place like home but would they want to listen? No

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2022
Apart from our Aya brothers and baggars disgracing themselves in uae.. u can't hear something like this despite its tourist hob with hundreds of different national... since i have been I dubai I never heard of gun shot ... where u see gun to talk of firing it undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by ufotunang: 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
millionboi:
So people die abroad
..abi..it also surprised me... The Canada, Nigerians are rushing to for jobs and a better life

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by heendrix(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
Esseite:

A security Job is still a Job.. people have grown security companies from being security operatives.... your degree does not matter, consistency and discipline in any field is all that matters. Anyone can make it from anything. A better system that cherishes dignity in labour gives you an edge to actualizing that dream.

but y'all would curse at Nigeria and call Her shitty names if a graduate is seen doing a security job here but in Canada you're seeing it as job is a job.

the truth is Nigeria would only start getting better when we the Citizens get better and see the good in Nigeria, not the negative always

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by grandstar(m): 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
Esseite:

So graduates don't do security jobs here in Nigeria?... The difference is the dignity in Labour you have over there, You could be anything and still respected while increasing your credit rating to afford the dream you always wanted.

Private security jobs are looked down on by the locals in these countries. Immigrants target them because locals shun them. My white brother in law was not to pleased my younger brother was "waiting doors" in London. He was a bouncer.

While in London a few years back, a sharp looking Nigerian Uber picked up my sister and I , I initially thought he was Caribbean until my sister who used her app to pick us up told me otherwise after he had dropped us off. . I said he must have been born there and she said Nigerians born there would look down on driving an Uber.

Funny enough, when she used her app again, he showed up. We almost instantly got talking when I had problems using my front seat seatbelt because it's a righthand drive car. My sister teasingly asked "don't they have seat belts in Nigeria?" and he replied he doubted it and started speaking ill of Nigeria.

He said he graduated in 1989 and came to England in 1991 and ended up staying after marrying as his wife had stay permit. He said he has 3 sons that the oldest was an investment banker, the second about finishing uni and the third about to enter uni.

It lends credence to what my sister said. Nigerian born there aren't keen on doing such jobs.

I remember a Ghanian I met in a congregation I attended in London. When he learnt I was Nigeria he was brimming with joy and said he was once in Nigeria and stayed in Ajegunle.

At the mention of Ajegunle, I cringed but to him, his time there was heaven.

Just food for thought.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by ufotunang: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
This mass shooting gradually entering into Canada,.....the other recent 2nd mass shooting this weekend was in Vancouver, Canada where 3 people were shot and killed and 7 people injured

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by akaypary442(m): 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2022
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by TheGift: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
Esseite:

This one no be just graduate ooo. Graduate with masters- doing security work. This is particularly "worse" in Canada, where with all your brilliance, you must still have Canadian experience to get a job worth your skill and experience level and you are most likely to start at a much lower level, sometimes from scratch

Yes there may be more dignity in Labour, but they are still considered as part of the lower rung. And many do not feel dignified enough to tell folks what they do. They only post the best moments on social media.

I am not saying don't Japa ooo. Just that when you are running from, be very clear on where you are running to, lest you jump from frying pan to fire.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by JuanDeDios: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
Pwettylinda:
N
You're cute.
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by 27Pushing30: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2022
mbahdi:
Leprosy to any hand wanting to vote in APC again
when dem born this one dem no know say na waste him go be smh
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Cantonese: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2022
duro4real:

This your head like sangotedo roundabout gba Enu tan oh. Lol. My Ajah people.

Abeg no vex bro. The guy take early morning provoke me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Corto: 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
mbahdi:

Confirma

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by naijainstinct: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
damola1:
There was a kontri

Never in Nigeria is a shooting at a Night club

We must fix our kontri
The recent Burnaby/Cubana lounge incident comes to mind ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by mvem(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
Nawa oo, Americans/Canadians should find a way to solve this gun violence of a thing...

I know they can't be overwhelmed with such incidence
Canada don't have a gun problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Elyonwings: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2022
Don't distract anyone. If you don't have anything to say, I least type RIP and get out
duduade:
Abike s number never goes....

But if it's to share money at burdillion now her number or numbers will be going

Tufiakwa
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Midas01: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
Add Gonorrhea and HIV to that.
mbahdi:
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Realmi: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2022
43Ronin:
It wasn't oo, its was a black jamaican that killed them. The stupid jamo wanted to fight inside the club, the bouncers tried to calm every down but the jamo no gree calm so they kicked him outa the club. That's how nigger went to his car, did a drive-by on the security men. Jamos & somalis aren't fucking with anyone in canada. They are mostly strapped & comit crimes easily. RIP
wow ....to think that I know this Eze guy....his parents is in Nigeria, his father a decon in redeem....I watched him grow up, such a quite boy...I never knew he travelled out .....he is the only son of 3 children if I am not mistaken....this life sef....I will send my family to check up on his parents this weekend while I keep trying to reach them on phone....so unfortunate

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by planetx: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2022
Qwerty004:
They said Nigerian graduate not Canadian graduate. Do you expect you being a graduate in Nigeria would get you a good in Canada
I even thought they recently graduated in Canada not knowing they just came from Nigeria. This is the game Canada is playing with their Express entry, they are bringing in skilled educated professionals to do their menial jobs that white Canadians will not do because they feel that is a better group of immigrants unlike the US who takes all comers. Not saying this applies to every immigrant, but there are lot of videos on social media by immigrants to Canada feeling they were duped with the government giving them impression they were being encouraged to migrate for professional carrers not driving Uber. Good luck to all the Nigerians resigning good well paying jobs to join the Canadian bandwagon, you going to need it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
planetx:
I even thought they recently graduated in Canada not knowing they just came from Nigeria. This is the game Canada is playing with their Express entry, they are bringing in skilled educated professionals to do their menial jobs that white Canadians will not do because they feel that is a better group of immigrants unlike the US who takes all comers. Not saying this applies to every immigrant, but there are lot of videos on social media by immigrants to Canada feeling they were duped with the government giving them impression they were being encouraged to migrate for professional carrers not driving Uber.
Apt. The immigrants running abroad to do menial jobs contribute to our bad economy, instead of starting business here and exporting, they and the nation will get more value in this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by xandy84: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2022
Agreed. Paying bills in Naija na die...

bayobabe:
But still able to pay bills.......one can't even pay bills here
Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Bankowner: 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
Do you know how much Security guards are paid in Canada? You think it is Nigeria where they're paid peanuts? I don't like that two Nigerians were killed but let's stop classifying the job as menial because it is one of the respected jobs here.

Addendum: Below is a visit offer I get every now and then even though I'm a Nigerian. If you know what you're doing, you'll make a way for yourself. I get CAD18/hour and the minimum hours is 3hrs. I combine this with other gigs as well. Op should come to Canada and learn how to work and make money with dignity, no traffic jam, no 'up NEPA', water flowing day and night.

Hi Ola,
Ho*e Con****** has sent you a visit offer:

Sat, 30 Jul 2022
10:00-22:00,
Service code: Companionship
Brampton, L6P 2C7

*Offer expires: 28-07-2022

Open in *****Care:
https://open.*****care.com/ho*econ*****/scheduler/
This a 12hours visit to just sit with a senior and make light meals/tea or coffee. Nothing more. Multiply 12rs by $18.
coputa:
I think they said there are abundant jobs in canada for graduates,why going for security guard jobs.drugs and gangsterism is the order of the day in these over hyped countries.They were killed in their prime,rest in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by wiseoneking: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
coputa:
I think they said there are abundant jobs in canada for graduates,why going for security guard jobs.drugs and gangsterism is the order of the day in these over hyped countries.They were killed in their prime,rest in peace.
Shut that damn mouth! you. Because there are abundance of job, they will always be first to take up all the best. You know what security guard job does in Canada and the US? How sure do you know if they were on F1 visas and just graduated? This youngsters probably may not have permanent resident permit and the only thing available is to get access to such jobs. Lastly guard jobs or menial kind of jobs actually are not only for immigrants but 95% of such jobs are done by the citizens. You guys needs to live in the US or Canada in other to change your biased and ignorance about these two countries. I am not talking about other countries but this two that I know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by planetx: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
xandy84:
There is nothing like foreign doctor. It's just someone who want to go to medical school and need to pass entrance exam. Will you allow someone who claim he is a doctor from Sudan to just come Naija and start to practicing medicine without attending medical school for Naija?
There are Canadians who never made it to medical school cos they never pass entrance exam and they move on to something else. Nigerian doctor who wish to travel or travel abroad must know they have to earn the right to practice medicine or they will end up in group home wiping people's rear end.

Who is talking about someone wanting to go to medical school, I said a doctor who is an immigrant meaning he went to medical school already in his home country with probably years of experience already as a doctor and needs to take the qualifying exams to practice medicine in Canada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by Dfynboi: 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2022
God my prayer to u is may i never meet my end in the process of trying to secure this bag,baba God biko

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Graduates Working As Canadian Guards Killed, Identified by msrcusgarvey6(m): 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
Once settled in Ukraine, I told my wife and daughter the same. I never considered reunion of my dead body to my poor Mum as greatest last gift.

SeriouslySense:
It quite sad, why is it so expensive to bury them, they can just do something easy, if i was killed like that, i would rather they used the money to help those in need. Why should poor people gather such money for burial when they could have used it to improve their society

May their soul rest in peace. I know what i wrote may sound negative but its just my opinion, don't take it seriously grin grin grin, or maybe you can educate me if you think i am wrong. smiley

its better to raise such money for the living, celebrate people while they are still alive, show more care for the living.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Trader Eating Excreta With Bread In Oyo State Caught And Arrested / Nduka Anyanwu Of Lord's Chosen Impregnates 2 Underaged Sisters 13 & 17 Years Old / Lady Inserts Sand In Woman's Vagina For Having Affair With Her Husband. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.