Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,251 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation (45983 Views)

New Naira Policy: Gbajabiamila Faults Buhari, Emefiele Over CBN Policy / Toyin Badmus: Iyaloja Of Abuja Calls Out Emefiele Over Naira Scarcity (Video) / 35 State Governors Invite Godwin Emefiele Over Naira Redesign, Withdrawal Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Mars16(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2022
Mumu senators, they're part of the cause of the naira devaluation, when trillion of dollars where spent for education abroad by Nigerian only in one year (mostly politicians), why won't there be scarcity of dollars and hence the inflation, fix Nigeria mumu senators and spend more of naira in Nigeria in all sectors, let's start from there first, please if you're not an economist don't come and mention me oh.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by adioolayi(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
The unserious Senate that has adjourn sitting for 7 weeks

By then, Naira no go don enter #1000 to a $ at this rate so

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by olowo1930: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
This is long and being over due.get him sacked and bring it to 1# to 1$ and let's see who will travel out from Nigeria.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Cantonese: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
APC really trouble this country. In seven years the naira dropped from 195 to 700. Never in the history of this country has the naira dropped by such margin in terms of percentage.

Some people are busy trying to ensure that The Godfather who afflicted us with this monumental failure, becomes the president. Shame on all of una with emi lokan life.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by bobbiiee: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
I should have waited till today.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by boladale123: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2022
Exkandayee:
Make e reach 2000, make I finish my mansion for naija

Pray for mercy your soul has been wickedly manipulated.
Your wish is that the common man should die,but God pass you.
Nigeria shall be great.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Dreambeat: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2022
cRobo:
embarassed
Please which website is this?

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by xynerise: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2022
Those APC supporters are not affected. They are getting dollars for N1 grin

APC, never again

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by spencekat(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
Exkandayee:
Make e reach 2000, make I finish my mansion for naija
See selfishness
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Edoziesmart(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
nighthawk1:
Fire Emiefille

Close down Zenith bank and transfer its assets
Fire the Finance minister

Reduce MDA's by half

Collapse the entire senate

Run only the FHR but on civil service structure
not more than grade level 15.

Collapse ministeries to 6

No more minister for state
Collapse NNPC to 2 with only two sub units each

FAC returns to states with each state paying maximum of 20% to the centre

Merge states that cannot survive on their own
to form a more functional block.

Jail every governor, executive and legislator that cannot account for disbursed funds from both our Excess Crude Account and every Abacha loot or stolen funds repatriated back to Nigeria.
Yeah, that's how to solve the problem we are facing at large.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Localordinary: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2022
I'm sure before 2023 elections, 1naira would be worst than zimbabwean dollar. APC!!! From top to bottom

ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/breaking-senate-to-invite-emefiele-over-naira-devaluation/
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by KushLyon(m): 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
Bizibi:
Never knew it will get to 700. Even if you save in dollar it won't save anyone from paying for high costs of goods and services in Nigeria.

It's far better than saving in naira. Imagine you save 100k in naira when the price of dollar is = N500 and a foreign commodity is sold for N100k but someone else is saving that same 100k but in dollars and has $200 saved. When dollar goes up to N700 and the price of that commodity increases to N120k, the person that saved $200 can sell it for N140k and be able to buy that commodity and still have extra cash, but you that saved in naira will need an extra 40k to purchase the same item.

Another scenario is 2 people working and earning the same salary but one is earning in naira while the other is earning in dollar. When dollar was N500, both persons are earning N100k but one is in naira while the other is dollars ($200). Now that dollar is = N700 and both of them are still earning the same amount as before, the person earning in dollar is now getting N140k, his earnings increases as naira decreases. Meanwhile the person earning 100k in naira is stuck with that same amount and will still have to deal with higher cost of goods and services

12 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by 07kjb: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
Some fools here are still campaigning for APC knowing fully well that a tree doesn't bring forth different fruits
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Lightorder: 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
If you are one of those here then saying that as long as dollar reduction will move Nigeria forward, whereas you know that these clowns have nothing to offer, you will suffer

Hope they gave you a share from their corruption and incompetence. You were defending Buhari by all Means
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by lexy2014: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/breaking-senate-to-invite-emefiele-over-naira-devaluation/

theraregem1 okefranci nonpartisan1 buckeyemedia1 presidency Nigerialabalaba shooyie benuejosh blackpanda vedaxcool NGpatriot aufbauh lordviccodaguru shooyie ovamboland freestuffsng cyberterror leodeking splitmind...

It seems buhari/osinbajo/APC have no idea how to fulfil their electoral promises

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by shegsrules(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
Rubber stamp of executive, dead on arrival and his presence won't change anything. This Senate President na God go judge you
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by rimijoshua(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2022
That man is wicked.The tragedy that will befall him won’t leave his family behind.Oloriburuku
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by lexy2014: 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2022
nighthawk1:
Fire Emiefille

Close down Zenith bank and transfer its assets
Fire the Finance minister

Reduce MDA's by half

Collapse the entire senate

Run only the FHR but on civil service structure
not more than grade level 15.

Collapse ministeries to 6

No more minister for state
Collapse NNPC to 2 with only two sub units each

FAC returns to states with each state paying maximum of 20% to the centre

Merge states that cannot survive on their own
to form a more functional block.

Jail every governor, executive and legislator that cannot account for disbursed funds from both our Excess Crude Account and every Abacha loot or stolen funds repatriated back to Nigeria.

ECA is almost empty as we speak

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by easiest(m): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
He banned crypto to make naira valuable, he banned abokifx to make naira appreciate yet nothing work, can't you see the cbn governor is clueless right from onset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Naijaolosho2: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
I weep for this country. It's so sad to be a Nigerian at this time.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Lordbinsmar: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
Omo why can't this useless entity be dissolved, it's quite obvious that their is no hope for this country.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by MITCHELL96: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
millionboi:
how una dey take do m

Study the Game, league, matches, players, teams and stake high, nothing much.

All na risk.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by easiest(m): 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
He banned crypto to make naira valuable, he banned abokifx to make naira appreciate yet nothing work, they stopped selling dollars to BDC yet nothing work. can't you see the cbn governor is clueless right from onset.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by TotoLGA: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Bizibi:
Never knew it will get to 700. Even if you save in dollar it won't save anyone from paying for high costs of goods and services in Nigeria.
yes! You are correct but I think it's still better to a person who save in naira

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by FireUpNow(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
Effect over borrowing from China by the clueless people in charge
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by gaby(m): 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2022
lansile:
Buhari put someone who can't stabilize the value of his APC membership ID card to in charge of CBN and now everything went up in ruin.

Was the mumuish Emefiele appointed under Buhari's administration?

I'm confused...
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Lexusgs430: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
From Top 2 Bottom........... grin
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by gnykelly(m): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
christejames:
Emefiele is a huge disappointment... undecided

A sound mind who was later turned an economic neophyte after hobnobbing with the evil people in APC.

His ability and expertise has been tested. He is empty.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2022
Baba WhatsApp me abeg ‪+44 7765 581561‬

Rahkman:
Na 1k e go reach before october....by then I go cash out my dollars for bet365 wey the value just dey increase like cryptocurrency
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Cognitivereason: 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
lol....black market are running of of dollars....they have to charge more in naira to attract dollars and discourage those buying it in high demand...

the same thing is what the CBN is experiencing.. when there is low supply of USD to keep up with the needs of importers..they either devalue the naira or reduce the supply and push the importers to rush to Black market for USD who course will also increase the rate because of demand...

except you are ignorant of how FOREX is earned ..Emiefele is doing what any CBN governor would have done..in order for the country not to run out of forex..naira has to be devalued to bring in more dollars and keep up with the cost of importations..

the solution to this doesnt lie with the CBN to a large extent.. we just need to look at what is consuming our forex the most..that is petroleum products,.. we need refineries now more than ever to stabilize the rate...even Peter Obi can not solve this without refineries..this is not about looking at vietnam or eygpt.. Dangote should be given more support than he is receiving to finish his refinery..

if we start rehabilitating our old refineries..it will take us atleast 3 years to bring it to live and it still might not meet our needs..what we need now is to support those who have started theirs and are almost complete..(Dangote).

we need to end fuel and petrochemical imports now...these commodities swallows 30% of our foreign reserves

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Cognitivereason: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2022
FireUpNow:
Effect over borrowing from China by the clueless people in charge
borrowing doesnt devalue a currency
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by InvertedHammer: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2022
/
I remember when I posted that $1==N500 in a year, some of you cursed your ancestors (not me).

To the naysayers, how market? grin grin

Let’s shoot for $1==N1000 before the expiration of Buhari’s tenure. If Tinubu ever gets to Aso Rock, I will start shooting for N2000 in his first two years.

/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abdulmumuni Abiola: Yorubas Killed My Father, Shared His Meat – MKO Abiola’s Son / Celebration In Kano This Night As People Chant 'Ganduje Barawo Dollar' / Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.