Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation (45976 Views)

New Naira Policy: Gbajabiamila Faults Buhari, Emefiele Over CBN Policy / Toyin Badmus: Iyaloja Of Abuja Calls Out Emefiele Over Naira Scarcity (Video) / 35 State Governors Invite Godwin Emefiele Over Naira Redesign, Withdrawal Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by WisdomCanada(m): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
Its not his fault, the fact is the nations revenue has plummeted, there is a serious net balance of trade problem ( we are importing more and exporting very less) Also crude oil is being stolen and not exported for cash.

There is the excessive loans govts is borrowing and not using for what it was meant for.

Russia Ukraine no get hand in this, its just the cumulative effect of poor management of the nations resources by our so called leaders.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Gbeng30(m): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
Criminal is inviting criminal.... As if positive things will come out of it... Corrupted people
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Wallade(m): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
christejames:
Emefiele is a huge disappointment... undecided

A sound mind who was later turned an economic neophyte after hobnobbing with the evil people in APC.

What made you think he was sound?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by orikoku: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please what can I invest 500k on.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by eminikansoso(m): 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
Slayar:

The higher the demand ,the higher the price.
No this is Market mechanism.
Force of demand and supply

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Deeprooted: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
He won't even honor the rubber stamp Senate!

His oga kpatakpata bihiri is not even concerned about all the happenings in the country!
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Onewazobia(m): 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dim08:
Hey guys,

It is with mixed feeling that I receive the news of our naira devaluation. I feel bad because this will certainly affect the cost of goods but I am happy at the same time because I also earn in dollars with Amazon KDP.

Many Nigerian youths only use their phone to surf the internet, read gossips and chitchat but the smart and wise youth are cashing out BIG time with Amazon KDP

I keep getting royalties in dollars for the low contents books I publish.

You don't need to be an avid reader or great writer to publish books.

All you need is to know what and what to put together and start making dollars.

Share some insight with me plsss
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Oduspy: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2022
Security down
Economy down
Power station down
Nigeria football down
Education down

Nigeria Oluleeeee

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Timekeeper452: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
Worst thing to happen to this country

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by GeneralPula: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
When $1 was at 150 or so, it wasn’t as if government was going anything spectacular then. What was helping then was the fact yahoo boys are bringin in USA dollars everyday via the western union, making dollars sufficiently available in every bank. The is the main reason why Naira has been depreciating the moment these yahoo boys started leaving Nigeria..

Bank people knows this..

Go and check. The more USA dollars you have in your country, the more your currency appreciates against the dollar and vice versa..

One of the solution to this is we should increase our local production. Export more and import less. Farming that’s suppose to be helping us largely, people prefers to become doctors or lawyers than a farmer..

The question now is what do we export? We can’t export fake things. It won’ sell. And fake things too plenty for naija..

10 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by jogsman01(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2022
Abdulquadrimuha:
We just started sheybi them say Buhari would handle economy and osibanjo would handle security........

Yeye
you're wrong jor. It is buhari that will handle security and osinbajo will handle economy. E be like say the handle don remove for dem security and economy grin
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Spiker777: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

One of the thing i don't understand is this.

Importers have increase the price of their goods. when buying a new consignment, they source dollar from the black market maybe for 700, then use the official exchange rate to buy their goods through Domiciliary accounts

When thos new consignment are imported, they *3 double the price.
I know the Government is bad,but Nigerians are making it more difficult for fellow Nigerians with excess greed with this times 3 example you just made now.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Great0ne1: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Importers have increase the price of their goods. when buying a new consignment, they source dollar from the black market maybe for 700, then use the official exchange rate to buy their goods through Domiciliary accounts

You are making a mistake bro. When you purchase dollar from aboki at 700 per 1$. You will be depositing that $1 in your domiciliary account, which accepts ONLY dollar

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Juanmike(m): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
Rahkman:
Na 1k e go reach before october....by then I go cash out my dollars for bet365 wey the value just dey increase like cryptocurrency
How you doing it pls
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
Today I took a rider to wuse to buy but he ddnt see

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Oloripelebe: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Official exchange rate?...you have to source for the currency at the black market bro.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Awuvnaira: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Owovtu Enterpris offer the most affordable sme data bundle, instant delivery, free wallet funding, 24/7 customer support visit our website https://owovtu.com.ng/about-us.php

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Onaugo: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Emefiele should tell Nigerians what he is going to do differently to salvage this situation else let him resign to give way to competient hands. Our economy is sinking.too bad
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by boom99(m): 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2022
Na just way of escape I dey find.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Dabillion: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
grin grin the better y'all move out from this damn country the better for your sanity

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
cjudy:
grin

No need inviting him. Tilubu said when erected, he won’t pay with dollar to the zone B’s.

APC doesn’t have business with Dollar. Make e reach 1k please

Sorry....do you mean when he is sexually aroused or what?

May be he said so out of pleasure from side chicks.........just may be...
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by OCHKESTINE(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Nigeria under APC and PDP.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
LAUSUG15:

What you wrote is a total scrap. How will you put dollar in dorm account and use official rate to to buy goods through dorm acct?

You are right, it was a silly mistake

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by OKC22: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
They should start giving farmers loan to grow crops especially wheat instead of inviting the CBN governor.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Demzious4life(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Allisgud: 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
Malu and ewu govt,this dollar fit reach 1k oh,God save us
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by integrity16(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dim08:
Hey guys,

It is with mixed feeling that I receive the news of our naira devaluation. I feel bad because this will certainly affect the cost of goods but I am happy at the same time because I also earn in dollars with Amazon KDP.

Many Nigerian youths only use their phone to surf the internet, read gossips and chitchat but the smart and wise youth are cashing out BIG time with Amazon KDP

I keep getting royalties in dollars for the low contents books I publish.

You don't need to be an avid reader or great writer to publish books.

All you need is to know what and what to put together and start making dollars.

Tell me more
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Phaantom22: 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
[quote author=kk2027 post=115137658]

And APC is saying that Tinubu will continue from where Buhari stopped smh
[/quote
One day they'll all run away from this country and the poor. Masses will inherit
Those things they stold
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Bizibi(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
quentin06:
Its not his fault, the fact is the nations revenue has plummeted, there is a serious net balance of trade problem ( we are importing more and exporting very less) Also crude oil is being stolen and not exported for cash.

There is the excessive loans govts is borrowing and not using for what it was meant for.

Russia Ukraine no get hand in this, its just the cumulative effect of poor management of the nations resources by our so called leaders.

it is the excessive borrowing and crude oil that is the main problem....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5-Year-Old Boy Hugs Governor Okorocha (Photos)) / Ndigbo Confers On Fayose "Nwannedinamba" Chieftaincy Title (Photos) / Uchenna Mmadu Visits Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence In Abia. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.