Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,512 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation (45995 Views)

New Naira Policy: Gbajabiamila Faults Buhari, Emefiele Over CBN Policy / Toyin Badmus: Iyaloja Of Abuja Calls Out Emefiele Over Naira Scarcity (Video) / 35 State Governors Invite Godwin Emefiele Over Naira Redesign, Withdrawal Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by TheHoly: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
cRobo:
embarassed

Which app or website is this
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by tishbite41(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2022
Brookdcook:
Vote APC 2023 for continuous assessment grin
Asin CA test

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by teebaxy(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
After tinubu and atiku have used all the available dollars as bribe in respective primarries
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Brushstrokes20: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
Emefiele, Buhari and cohorts are MONUMENTAL BLUNDERS! undecided
The lifeless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY has wrecked Nig beyond redemption undecided
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Bizibi(m): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
KushLyon:

It's far better than saving in naira. Imagine you save 100k in naira when the price of dollar is = N500 and a foreign commodity is sold for N100k but someone else is saving that same 100k but in dollars and has $200 saved. When dollar goes up to N700 and the price of that commodity increases to N120k, the person that saved $200 can sell it for N140k and be able to buy that commodity and still have extra cash, but you that saved in naira will need an extra 40k to purchase the same item.

Another scenario is 2 people working and earning the same salary but one is earning in naira while the other is earning in dollar. When dollar was N500, both persons are earning N100k but one is in naira while the other is dollars ($200). Now that dollar is = N700 and both of them are still earning the same amount as before, the person earning in dollar is now getting N140k, his earnings increases along with naira. Meanwhile the person earning 100k in naira is stuck with that same amount and will still have to deal with higher cost of goods and services
goods and services tripples Everytime the naira declines....the only advantage is for those who can purchase products with dollars online.

Look at the prices of goods and services in Nigeria anytime there is a decline in naira.take your time and check it.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by jrusky(m): 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Which senate So na now dem wake up?

You guys are bunch of comedian.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Frairfrancis(m): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
Rahkman:
Na 1k e go reach before october....by then I go cash out my dollars for bet365 wey the value just dey increase like cryptocurrency

How do request payment back here
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by ofuonyebi: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
what is this so called Bushari waiting for before sacking the worst CBN governor/presidential candidate Nigeria ever had
emwfi-OLE!..HAS KILLED THE GERIAN Naira......tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by twosquare(m): 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
Funny you...he doesn't need to delete anything...it is no news...Ghana did it...but ask them today...they are seeking bailouts from IMF/World Bank as their economy has gone under...It won't save anything...It is like a farmer who is lying that he has planted 1000 tubers of yam even though he planted a hundred....when he has eaten the 100, he will also eat the 900 lies too.
DroppingLiquid:

Please delete this comment because they might actually copy this. These guys don't know anything, they usually do trial and error, they can just copy a post on Twitter or Nairaland and implement to see what happens. I've seen this before

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
Well, all I will say is, we've come a long way from when it was N1 to 6.50 in 1989, and N1 to $1 in 1978!

It's what happens when you are a resource dependent nation. Not a manufacturing nation. Check every African nation...they have the same story. Valuable currencies at the beginning, valueless now.

The truth is, since independence, we have not made the hard choice to become an manufactuing exporter. Instead, we used our forex earnings to fund massive welfare projects...including at one time subsidizing bread, milk, etc...and fuel, and subsidizing education, and power, and the life and times of the rich and corrupt. We prefer to set up businesses importing, and thus the forex flows out before more comes in.

We don;t want to make the hard choices...which is why this article is very familliar to me. The same article was published as far back as the 1980's, 1990's and even 20 years, ten years ago. Meanwhile, Nigeria, leadership and followership don't want to face reality.

That we cannot afford subsidizes on power and petrol anymore. That we cannot afford to import and keep on importing. That we cannot live on a tax base that covers 30% of the taxable population. That we cannot pay school fees of N20000 and expect N2million education.That we cannot keep on excusing the corruption of this administration, GEJ's admininstration, and all the past admins, and we cannot keep on paying N175 for something that should cost N600-800 naira.

The same arguments made about how bad our economy was, were made 14, 25, 39 years ago. And the sad thing is, would Peter Obi, the new messiah, do something about it. No. WOuld Tinubu do something about it. No. Would Atiku who last time wanted to sell fuel at N90 do something about it. No. Has Buhari done something about it. No, no and no.

At the end, it annoys me that Nigeria cannot face reality. We want money, money money. We want more and more of the cake. But we don't want to source the ingredients for the cake.

Never mind, let's borrow some more money and keep on chopping. We are....poor.

Sorry Nigerians, but until your self anointed saviors are ready to face reality, until you guys are ready to face reality, I'm not joining your bandwagon. Let it go on without me. It is getting too much to keep on rinsing and repeating.

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Angelfrost(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
Like I said earlier... It will be $1 to #1000 before December!

I just dey look all of una!

Come to think of it... Maybe the idea is to make Nigeria so bad that no one will ever think of voting APC, thereby giving PDP and the North a big chance to return to power! grin
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by olusegunemmanuel(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
Mr President, it is high time you invited Okonjo-Iweala (WTO) and Akinwunmi (AFDB) and other economics experts... and the insufficiency, inability of man without God is proven: "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain they that build it..." (Psalm 127:1)
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Missionaire: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
nighthawk1:
Fire Emiefille

Close down Zenith bank and transfer its assets
Fire the Finance minister

Reduce MDA's by half

Collapse the entire senate

Run only the FHR but on civil service structure
not more than grade level 15.

Collapse ministeries to 6

No more minister for state
Collapse NNPC to 2 with only two sub units each

FAC returns to states with each state paying maximum of 20% to the centre

Merge states that cannot survive on their own
to form a more functional block.

Jail every governor, executive and legislator that cannot account for disbursed funds from both our Excess Crude Account and every Abacha loot or stolen funds repatriated back to Nigeria.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Nonywendy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2022
kk2027:

And APC is saying that Tinubu will continue from where Buhari stopped smh

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by TheOldGods: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dim08:
Hey guys,

It is with mixed feeling that I receive the news of our naira devaluation. I feel bad because this will certainly affect the cost of goods but I am happy at the same time because I also earn in dollars with Amazon KDP.

Many Nigerian youths only use their phone to surf the internet, read gossips and chitchat but the smart and wise youth are cashing out BIG time with Amazon KDP

I keep getting royalties in dollars for the low contents books I publish.

You don't need to be an avid reader or great writer to publish books.

All you need is to know what and what to put together and start making dollars.

Watch here https://youtube.com/shorts/qyneJkeCGcc?feature=share

Interested people can WhatsApp me on zero nine zero 74 one one one one 78.

Note best: the video step by step guide will cost you N20,000. If you are not ready to pay this to learn the skill, DON'T bother chatting me up.

May God bless us all
oga be calming down. Earning in dollars now is as useless as the naira. Because as dollars are going up, prices are also going up to the same price or even higher. Example a bread that was sold for 300 naira is now sold for 800 naira. Let's do the maths, you earn 100$ a month, and then you multiply it and it give you 70k, instead of the old 50k. That 20k increase, then you think you got more, but at 50k, that bread was sold for 350naira. So you are paying more at your 70k to get the bread. Unless you are earning over 5000$ every single month, that's the only way you can breakthrough

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by bayelsaowei(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2022
Where are those fools who joined Emefiele and his gang in their tomfoolery by shutting down aboki fx thinking that was the source of our Nairas weakness..

Where are all of you?

Nonsense..
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by FrauleinBlossom(f): 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2022
There is something going on that the entire Nigerian public have no clue about; it's either there is a deliberate plan to run Nigeria down before the next election, or that the government has lost absolutely control of the economy, and barely know how to steer the sinking ship!

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by maik99(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2022
Rahkman:
Na 1k e go reach before october....by then I go cash out my dollars for bet365 wey the value just dey increase like cryptocurrency

How did you verify?
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by twosquare(m): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
It will be better if you accept his explanation because you don't seem to get it even though I know the angle you are coming from...but it's still what it is...the earners of dollars have the upperhand and are far better. The professor is stuck at his 500k allowance, but a freelancer earning $1000/month is getting 700k now, whereas during the time of Jonathan of N210/$...it is just 210k.

Bizibi:
goods and services tripples Everytime the naira declines....the only advantage is for those who can purchase products with dollars online.

Look at the prices of goods and services in Nigeria anytime there is a decline in naira.take your time and check it.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Badowski: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2022
SACK HIM ...................................................................... good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Splitmind: 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
lexy2014:

theraregem1 okefranci nonpartisan1 buckeyemedia1 presidency Nigerialabalaba shooyie benuejosh blackpanda vedaxcool NGpatriot aufbauh lordviccodaguru shooyie ovamboland freestuffsng cyberterror leodeking splitmind...

It seems buhari/osinbajo/APC have no idea how to fulfil their electoral promises

Stop tagging people you jobless youth undecided

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by omoadeleye(m): 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2022
they should just fire this controversial incompetent old farts.
i dont know why our government dont like firing all these losers.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Ezmans: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
Slayar:

The higher the demand ,the higher the price.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by SeaTrade(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
Cognitivereason:
lol....black market are running of of dollars....they have to charge more in naira to attract dollars and discourage those buying it in high demand...

the same thing is what the CBN is experiencing.. when there is low supply of USD to keep up with the needs of importers..they either devalue the naira or reduce the supply and push the importers to rush to Black market for USD who course will also increase the rate because of demand...

except you are ignorant of how FOREX is earned ..Emiefele is doing what any CBN governor would have done..in order for the country not to run out of forex..naira has to be devalued to bring in more dollars and keep up with the cost of importations..

the solution to this doesnt lie with the CBN to a large extent.. we just need to look at what is consuming our forex the most..that is petroleum products,.. we need refineries now more than ever to stabilize the rate...even Peter Obi can not solve this without refineries..this is not about looking at vietnam or eygpt.. Dangote should be given more support than he is receiving to finish his refinery..

if we start rehabilitating our old refineries..it will take us atleast 3 years to bring it to live and it still might not meet our needs..what we need now is to support those who have started theirs and are almost complete..(Dangote).

we need to end fuel and petrochemical imports now...these commodities swallows 30% of our foreign reserves
It's like you're dangote hiding behind this moniker to cunningly draw forceful grant to your refinery.
Where will the refinery also get crude from to operate?
Is it not from here?
Don't you know this will further reduce our earnings as we will have lesser commodity to exchange in the place of forex?
If you take away 650,000bpd from Nigeria's current 1.4m bpd production,what will now be left?
Or will dangote now be buying from NNPC with dollars?
If he does this then what will it solve?
Simple solutions won't work in this case .

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Nonywendy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2022
ungara17:
We're going down in deep mess everyday.
And some Nigerians still want continuity of the APC government.
Get your PVC.
those people are mad
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Ezmans: 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
They should summon Osinbajo too.
We can still remember these deceptive slogan "Buhari will handle security osibanjo will handle economy." angry

Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by elujah1(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
OKC22:
They should start giving farmers loan to grow crops especially wheat instead of inviting the CBN governor.
And they should farm where? Farms that are insecure?
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Morphinne: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/breaking-senate-to-invite-emefiele-over-naira-devaluation/
I don’t know why and how this man is still being retained to head this office. Come on, the USD used to hover around 150-165 btw 2011-2015 (definitely not saying the other major party is any better) . If as a youth, you still think APC and PDP are different entities then you need an urgent appointment with a brain physician. This incompetence is just unforgivable. Woe be unto Buhari and his entire evil cabinet, his scam pastorpreneur VP, this bald headed vulture, all and every Nigeria’s past and present leaders. At this rate, na 1k this thing dey go.
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by remele2(f): 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
I cant wait for APC campaign.....

Watin dem go say dem do ...? Wen make dem wan come back?

That Campaign go sweet scatter..

Like for OBI oooooooooo
Re: Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation by Zulu2022: 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
Zee09011617135:
9ja.. ask original usa phone number for your website>>app>>>account and authentication.
>>>>>Paid vpn>>paid dating sites>>>GoogleVoice>>>>etc.
vpn how much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Political Cartoon - Nigeria's Biggest Thieves Panic / Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria / Umahi, Others Queue Behind George Obiozor, The New President Of Ohanaeze Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.