Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" (12245 Views)

FFK Calls APC 'Association Of Pedophiles And Coprophiliacs' / Okorocha Calls APC ‘a Very Weak’ Party - Read More / Dino Melaye Calls APC Convention A Joke In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by femicyrus(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2022
omonla10:
my dear, why are u ashamed of displaying your love and support for Tinubu.. Na bad market u dey sell and u know it

Who tinubu epp?

Atiku and obi, which one is not a bad market?

CAN should focus on how his members will have the fear of God.
Many of the present leaders in this country are Christians yet, corruption, insecurity and hunger are the order of the day.
How has their religion influence them?

The Muslims also who visit the mosque almost 5 times a day, how has that translate to the fear of God to do what is right?
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by donbenie(m): 6:55am On Jul 28, 2022
inoki247:
This CAN wahala too much make dem create a Political party jarey and allow us rest...

Wetin suppose favor dem dey are making noise abt it....
How exactly does a Muslim /Muslim ticket favor CAN?
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Successlane: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2022
P1PrinceKT:
When will you let this matter die and move on ?

He said he can win without your votes !

I tire for CAN o o.
CAN has always been an appendage of PDP.
It is their right, but they should be campaigning for their PDP and let others do for their preferred party.

1 Like

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by allicare: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2022
The ways and manners Northern CAN is releasing statements upon statements is appalling to say the least. For God sake we have other parties they can direct their congregations to choose from, it's that simple. Why all these bitter noise every days like a jilted lady? I only hope their strategy will not create more bitterness that may lead to serious conflagration with their neighbours
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by inoki247: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2022
donbenie:
How exactly does a Muslim /Muslim ticket favor CAN?

At least they can canvass dere member to Vote for wu av a balance ticket and av vision.....

Cause the 2 party we av are clueless we need something new so if dey make mistakes he suppose favor the masses ni buh diz dere cry approach will goan land us one candidate from the 2 clueless major party....
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Gbeng30(m): 7:08am On Jul 28, 2022
Indirectly Tinubu his creating his own doom, the level of his desperation is getting worse, Coz the days you begin to see yourself as God it's the day your doom begins... We are watching
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Moscodee1990(m): 7:15am On Jul 28, 2022
Desperado

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by BetterNija: 7:20am On Jul 28, 2022
Coolsperm:
We Yoruba Christian's will never vote Tinubu , he have insulted us and let us down, Tinubu supported muric when the teror group told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's

You and who will not vite Tinubu?
Why don't you speak for yourself and immediate family ?

If CAN Candidate or present in the top house of power should solve Nigeria problem, what has Buhari / Pastor OSINBAJO combination not do ?
Nigeria problem is beyond religion affiliations or tribal affiliations, Nigeria needs a change of heart
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by donleo92(m): 7:22am On Jul 28, 2022
maasoap:

Lol. What do you about Tinubu? The last time he contested for any elected post was 2003, that was 20 years ago. Talk things wey make sense
things way I know.
1. him na drug Baron
2. him na tax collector
3. him na tribalistic fellow.
4. him na religious impersonator (only am know were him go carry does bishop)
5. him na ancestor way dey claim younger
6. him na sick man.

oyah go with this one fess. when you mention me again, I go give you more.

wait fess, I forget say him na bat.

bird way no dey see for morning. so how him won take lead other animals nau?
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by gaskiyamagana: 7:22am On Jul 28, 2022
inoki247:
This CAN wahala too much make dem create a Political party jarey and allow us rest...

Wetin suppose favor dem dey are making noise abt it....

Dey should use all this dere energy to campaign for Party with balance Ticket...
Don't you know that that is how the Christians are preaching gospel of Jesus sent to the lost sheep of the twelve tribes of Israel? What's concerned Nigerian tribes with the twelve tribes of Israel? What's concerned CAN with candidates of a political party?
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Bobloco: 7:23am On Jul 28, 2022
, “Progressive Christian Clerics, North-West Zone”

They are members of APC parading themselves as clerics

But, If the votes from Christians are not important why all these desperation
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Drsmartphilips: 7:28am On Jul 28, 2022
OKOATA:
grin
CAN make you people go and rest, you should do the needful when election comes, mobilize all christians to vote against APC. Shikena.
and muric mobilize Muslims to vote against christians by your warped logic
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Yves4real(f): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2022
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Ojuntana: 7:35am On Jul 28, 2022
MomohMrMoore:
I think CAN is a PDP party in disguise. It is just an opposition party, not a religious organization.
And what do you think MURIC is?
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Regladoj: 7:41am On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:
CAN had a VP in this failed government but never called him out when Christians are been killed/marginalised.
What is the guarantee that fielding another mix religion leaders in government will change anything?

If religion of a candidate is so important in solving our problems, why can't CAN form a political party that will make their member leaders in the country. If we have a Christian vp and things are like this imagine if it was M-M things will be irredeemably worst . Besides it is the people from nigerias president that is causing Nigerias trouble not the vp people
We have christian candidates in other parties too, why won't CAN queue behind such candidate in peace.
If I being a Christian can see beyond religion, how much more CAN.

I've not read in the Bible where Christ was so vocal about who should be fielded as political leaders
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by allicare: 7:49am On Jul 28, 2022
lexy2014:

You haven't answered the questions I asked

Can you negate anything CAN said?

What is it that will favour them?

Do you think CAN is like you that can sell your conscience for crumbs falling from tinubus table?

CAN lost it, not today but long a go and it is a pity. I am always pained for the current REALITY of Christian in the country despite early education, exposure and fairly
large christian population. But for the selfishness, unawareness, lack of knowledge, etc of CAN (past leaders inclusive), we have been brought this far which is very unfortunate. CAN shouted Just like this in 2015 and 2019 with no tangible results. Even, if APC fails to return to power next year, it will not because of hostility of CAN to Muslim Muslim ticket but for the appalling achievement of the Bhuhari government. It's that simple to understand
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by lexy2014: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2022
allicare:

CAN lost it, not today but long a go and it is a pity. I am always pained for the current REALITY of Christian in the country despite early education, exposure and fairly
large christian population. But for the selfishness, unawareness, lack of knowledge, etc of CAN (past leaders inclusive), we have been brought this far which is very unfortunate. CAN shouted Just like this in 2015 and 2019 with no tangible results. Even, if APC fails to return to power next year, it will not because of hostility of CAN to Muslim Muslim ticket but for the appalling achievement of the Bhuhari government. It's that simple to understand

You haven't answered the questions I asked

Can you negate anything CAN said?

What is it that will favour them?

Do you think CAN is like you that can sell your conscience for crumbs falling from tinubus table?
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by damosky12(m): 8:05am On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:
CAN had a VP in this failed government but never called him out when Christians are been killed/marginalised.
What is the guarantee that fielding another mix religion leaders in government will change anything?

CAN spoke and protested against the killings. But it's not CAN's job to call out an individual in government. Calling out Osinbajo alone just because he is a Christian would have been a silly one for a body such as CAN.

If religion of a candidate is so important in solving our problems, why can't CAN form a political party that will make their member leaders in the country.
We have christian candidates in other parties too, why won't CAN queue behind such candidate in peace.

CAN is a noncommittal body which is over several christians including politicians in different parties. It's not their job to campaign for any party at all.

What they are protesting against is the insensitivity of a moslem-moslem ticket. In a country where Christians are being killed, Christian leaders kidnapped, persecuted, and killed. In a country where there's been fear of a jihad and threat of enforcing the Sharia on all. Their protest is that a moslem-moslem ticket is insensitive and wouldn't augur well for Christians and nonmoslems. It's quite reasonable
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by iSense247: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:

If religion of a candidate is so important in solving our problems, why can't CAN form a political party that will make their member leaders in the country.

I've not read in the Bible where Christ was so vocal about who should be fielded as political leaders
Beware of radical Islamic terrorists on Nairaland. These enemies of Nigeria listed below were muslims from mosques hired to defend APC's Druggie-Terrorist ticket:

NyamiriSlayer trutharena Righthussle Realists heliues DevilAdvocate I8Xtians DispatcherLagos VEHINTOLAR Antichrist Mannabbqgrill saintrow1 muykem Muhammed CommonSense1967 Babalola0920 okeyumez ElSudani satan666 Moh247 Abdul05 Bar1941 igbotormentor JAMO84 Kestolove Commentor tinsel FreeStuffsNG Lovenorth femicyrus

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by yungcheda(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2022
Apc is desperately trying to come back to finally destroy nigeria
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by iSense247: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2022
yemex04:

Lol..

I am Christian Islam'ic terrorist & I & am sure millions of others will vote him.

It is because you only read the Bible but you did not understand it. The Pharisees and scribe whom Jesus preached against in his sermon on the mount were the political leaders of the Jews at that time.
It bears saying that if Nigeria has been turned into a Christian killing field while there's a Christian VP, how much more when there's none at all?
Lastly, don't bury your head in the sand. If the religion of a candidate was not important, the APC northern governors wouldn't have asked Tinubu to pick a nothern Muslim. The whole idea of emilokan is representation and inclusion. Such a candidate shouldn't play divisive or exclusivity politics
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by femicyrus(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2022
iSense247:
Beware of radical Islamic terrorists on Nairaland. These enemies of Nigeria listed below were muslims from mosques hired to defend APC's Druggie-Terrorist ticket:

NyamiriSlayer trutharena Righthussle Realists heliues DevilAdvocate I8Xtians DispatcherLagos VEHINTOLAR Antichrist Mannabbqgrill saintrow1 muykem Muhammed CommonSense1967 Babalola0920 okeyumez ElSudani satan666 Moh247 Abdul05 Bar1941 igbotormentor JAMO84 Kestolove Commentor tinsel FreeStuffsNG Lovenorth femicyrus

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by femicyrus(m): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2022
damosky12:

CAN spoke and protested against the killings. But it's not CAN's job to call out an individual in government. Calling out Osinbajo alone just because he is a Christian would have been a silly one for a body such as CAN.

CAN is a noncommittal body which is over several christians including politicians in different parties. It's not their job to campaign for any party at all.

What they are protesting against is the insensitivity of a moslem-moslem ticket. In a country where Christians are being killed, Christian leaders kidnapped, persecuted, and killed. In a country where there's been fear of a jihad and threat of enforcing the Sharia on all. Their protest is that a moslem-moslem ticket is insensitive and wouldn't augur well for Christians and nonmoslems. It's quite reasonable

Of course they can call out tinubu an aspirant over his choice of VP but not a pastor already VP who can't speak against the wonton killing of Christians.

It was sensible for tinubu to marry a Christian pastor but insensitive to have a Muslim VP.
Just put yourself in the shoes of osinbajo or pastor remi in government, would you keep quiet if the president is doing nothing about killing of Christians?
Osinbajo is the principal representative of CAN in this government and he has failed as a pastor.
I wish to see a Muslim Muslim ticket that will disgrace the 8 years of osinbajo by defending non Muslims against terrorism
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by plaindealer: 8:43am On Jul 28, 2022
CAN and their foolish political and bigoted adventure is backfiring spectacularly, they've successfully divided Christians, now they've created another Cristian faction and an anti CAN entity.

CAN just scored it's own goal. A common association acting like a regulatory body, trying to determine who is or not a Christian.

Now, CAN is unraveling before our eyes.

Sad.
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Yves4real(f): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:

Of course they can call out tinubu an aspirant over his choice of VP but not a pastor already VP who can't speak against the wonton killing of Christians.

It was sensible for tinubu to marry a Christian pastor but insensitive to have a Muslim VP.
Just put yourself in the shoes of osinbajo or pastor remi in government, would you keep quiet if the president is doing nothing about killing of Christians?
Osinbajo is the principal representative of CAN in this government and he has failed as a pastor.
I wish to see a Muslim Muslim ticket that will disgrace the 8 years of osinbajo by defending non Muslims against terrorism

Have I not provided proof up there?

Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by damosky12(m): 8:49am On Jul 28, 2022
femicyrus:

You didn't get it. You can't single out Osinbajo and leave out Buhari in government. By the way, there were calls for Osinbajo to resign.

But, generally, it's not CAN's job to pick someone out to take the responsibility for a failed government. That's the point.

In Tinubu's case, CAN as a body spoke officially against the decision of the APC as a party. Yet we know that the decision is majorly Tinubu's.

CAN is just concerned about the mistrusts, insecurity, biases that such a seclusion would result in.

Government is not an household affair. Whether Tinubu chooses to marry a Christian pastor or marry a Christian pope is inconsequential. It's totally outside the point. The crux of the concern is that the two principal figures at the head of a Nigerian administration cannot both be Moslems. There's very little a first lady can do to influence the decision of the presidency (take Aisha Buhari for instance).

First, Osinbajo was not a member of CAN but just a follower. Second, if you would single him out to have failed just for being a Christian, that means you think he should have done more to prevent the fate Christians suffered.

What this means is that you are admitting that Christians suffered in this administration. THIS IS CAN's MAJOR CONCERN.

If Buhari's govt with a Christian VP was brutal to Christians, how much more would one with Moslems as both president and vp? This is easy to see...

I beseech you to bracket your party biases for a minute and get the point...
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by Indispensable85(m): 8:54am On Jul 28, 2022
Newton2024:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/27/apc-desperation-continues-can-berates-alleged-christian-group/?amp=1

Must every christian be a CAN party member? You must not know them. Face your PDP and leave others alone to exercise their freedom of association.
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by plaindealer: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2022
Moscodee1990:
Desperado

Good they blocked the ipob coward and fake news peddler parading around like a white man.
Re: CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" by plaindealer: 9:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Indispensable85:

Must every christian be a CAN party member? You must not know them. Face your PDP and leave others alone to exercise their freedom of association.

CAN is an association , not a political party or a political regulatory body tasked to dictate to political parties the choices and strategies to use or deploy to win election.

CAN doesn't speak for all Nigerians and can not infringe on our constitutional rights to freedom of choice and association, it can not judge or determine who is a Christian or not, who is a real Christian or not.

CAN is a self serving water bottle Carrier and errand boys for PDP politicians, they pick and choose the issues they speak up against, they only speak when the issues are about Muslim states and Muslim governors, they are yet to say a word about the killings, slaughterings, beheadings and blood bath in the so called Christian SE , not a word about Owo killings, not a word about the insurgency, banditry, terrorism and general insecurity under PDP because oritsejefor their president was GEJ's personal aid, he even provided his private jet to ferry weapons and money for money laundering.

CAN is only fooling CAN and their bigoted PDP and now labor party followers, Nigerians are now seeing them for what they are, they are now calling them out and forming their own Christian associations.

CAN just exposed and destroyed CAN as an association.

CAN will soon fade away.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! / Boko Haran Behead Umar Abubakar Of Nigerian Air Force (video) / Ohanaeze Criticise Bulkachuwa Over Inflammatory Comments On Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.