Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother (41542 Views)

Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Davido Reaches Out To Cynthia Morgan, Offers To Help / Olajumoke Orisaguna Officially Divorces Her Husband, Changes Last Name To Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by chase4(m): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFagkMQqlWM

In an emotional video, Will smith finally apologizes to Chris Rock over the slap incident at oscars. Watch.

will smith is going on the record about the infamous Chris Rock Oscars slap.

Four months after the headline-making incident, the actor returned to social media to answer “a lot of fair questions” and issue another apology to Rock for slapping him on stage at the 2022 Academy Awards after he made a joke about his wife Jada Pinkett smith.

In an emotional YouTube video, smith revealed why he didn’t apologize to Rock while accepting the Oscar for Best Actor for King Richard, saying he was “fogged out at that point.”

“It’s all fuzzy,” smith said. “I’ve reached out to Chris and the message that came back is he’s not ready to talk, and when he is, he will reach out.”

smith also addressed Rock directly. “Chris, I apologize to you. My behavior was unacceptable and I’m here whenever you’re ready to talk.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXrxDKwlA_s

Additionally, he apologized to Chris’ family including his mother and his brother, Tony Rock. “I didn’t realize how many people got hurt,” he said. “Tony Rock was my man and this is probably irreparable.”

smith said he’s been doing a lot of reflecting over the past few months and acknowledges that there is “no part of me that thinks that was the right way to behave in that moment.”

Pinkett was seen on camera rolling her eyes after Rock made his joke comparing her hair to Demi Moore’s character from G.I. Jane. But smith says his wife did nothing to provoke the attack.

“I made a choice on my own, from my own experiences, from my history with Chris,” he said. “Jada had nothing to do with it. I’m sorry, babe. I want to say sorry to my kids and my family for the heat that I brought on all of us.”

He also apologized to his fellow Oscar nominees including Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson, who won the award for Best Documentary just moments after the slap.

“To all my fellow nominees, you know, this is a community, It’s like I won because you voted for me,” smith said. “And it really breaks my heart to have stolen and tarnished your moment. I can still see Questlove’s eyes. You know, it happened on Questlove’s award. And, you know, it’s like, I’m sorry really isn’t sufficient.”

smith admitted that he was disappointed in himself for letting others down. “Disappointing people is my central trauma. I hate when I let people down,” he said. “So it hurts me psychologically and emotionally to know that I didn’t live up to people’s image and impression of me.”

He continued, “I am deeply remorseful and I’m trying to be remorseful without being ashamed of myself. I’m human and I made a mistake and I’m trying not to think of myself as a piece of shit.”

smith ended the video by promising to learn from his mistakes. “I know it was confusing, I know it was shocking,” he said. “But I promise you, I am deeply devoted and committed to putting light and love and joy into the world. And, you know, if you hang on, I promise we’ll be able to be friends again.”

In the wake of the controversy, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences banned smith from returning to the Oscars or attending any other Academy events for the next 10 years. Some of his film projects have also been put on hold, including Bad Boys 4.

https://www.9jahomeland.com/will-smith-addresses-chris-rock-oscars-slap-says-hes-deeply-remorseful/

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by PerfectStranger(m): 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2022
This simpPLE man again cheesy

Men were not created to be soft. That’s a feminine thingy. Wills should take his L, keep his apology and man tf up.

165 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2022
One of my guys said the slap was actually a stunt

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by inoki247: 6:16am On Jul 30, 2022
ok

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Cj4charles(m): 6:16am On Jul 30, 2022
Kelvin Halt really brought up a Will Smith on stage for this grin grin cheesy

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by driand(m): 6:17am On Jul 30, 2022
Real men don't make hasty decisions

And when they make decisions

THEY NEVER REGRET

Edit........

On the issue of jada

Someone once said

For the path of a simp shall be fraught with pain, humiliation, mockery, tears, and misfortune at the unforgiving claws of female nature.

231 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Realtalk20: 6:17am On Jul 30, 2022
He sounded unstable and depressed throughout the video .

Will Smith is like one of those people that keeps giving and giving no matter what you ask of them. Now that's not a bad thing except you are married to someone like Jada who is a taker. such people will take and take until your well is dried up and you have nothing else to give.
Will Smith throughout this video looked like someone whose well is dried up totally..

He seems detached , emotionally exhausted and unstable. Some people said what he did was good by slapping chris rock , he was standing up for his wife , really ? Was she standing up for him when she dragged him out on live national TV and told him about cheating on him repeatedly with kids ?

Will Smith's life is a lesson to all wise men, becareful who you marry.. becareful whom you go on one knee and propose to. Be very careful.

Will Smith looks like one of those men whom we will wake up one day and hear that he shot his wife and kids to death one morning.

It's sad how marrying the wrong wife can change your trajectory. The saddest thing is, he was happily married to a decent woman and had a son with her who is normal until he met Jada and cheated on his wife

232 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by BUSHHUNTER: 6:18am On Jul 30, 2022
How many times will he apologize?

All these hungry starved bloggers.

Anyways

Death to all simps.

15 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by 5iine: 6:18am On Jul 30, 2022
Wait wait....so na now e dey apologize
Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by djslimprick(m): 6:19am On Jul 30, 2022
Oya na...
Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Melodydoctor: 6:19am On Jul 30, 2022
Apology accepted

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by TopeQs: 6:19am On Jul 30, 2022
Realtalk20:
He sounded unstable and depressed throughout the video .

Will Smith is like one of those people that keeps giving and giving no matter hwta you ask of them. Now that's not a bad thing escceot you are married to someone like Jada who is a taker. such people will take and take until your well is dried up. Will Smith throughout this video looked like someone whose well is dried up totally.

He's an actor biko, a world class one. Don't be deceived by what he showed, it's clear his wife probably wanted him to clear her name again that's why he apologized and still said it wasn't her fault. That woman is so controlling, his actions were clear that day, he laughed at the joke and his wife didn't. Immediately after he noticed his wife disapproval, he went on stage to slap Chris. Very stupid thing to do, even Donald Trump was and still the subject of jokes today and he didn't hit/arrest no one when he was president...

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Melodydoctor: 6:19am On Jul 30, 2022
Apology accepted. Go and sin no more.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by idogbo(m): 6:19am On Jul 30, 2022
Way 2 go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Kobicove(m): 6:20am On Jul 30, 2022
Will Smith is a stupid woman wrapper that kowtows to his wife's wishes without thinking angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by xpressionx(m): 6:20am On Jul 30, 2022
Go and sin no more
Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Elidrisy20: 6:20am On Jul 30, 2022
No need to apologise,all of una na supporters of LGBT+Q

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Sucre6: 6:20am On Jul 30, 2022
Will Smith use to be my all time favourite, dude turned out a simp angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Bridget95(f): 6:22am On Jul 30, 2022
He couldn't have tried that with a white man

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by fatahtalks(m): 6:22am On Jul 30, 2022
Thank God is his bold enough to admit his mistake. This was what was expected from him long ago. He his only human and I believe Chris rock will forgive him

7 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Tunasco4u(m): 6:22am On Jul 30, 2022
Chop slap and clean mouth

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by SIMONEKPA7: 6:22am On Jul 30, 2022
Simple man, I feel for Smith. Jada really reduced him. See fine man simpimg to that woman

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Kobicove(m): 6:22am On Jul 30, 2022
Sucre6:
Will Smith use to be my all time favourite, dude turned out a simp angry

The kayanmata that Jada used on him is very strong grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Realtalk20: 6:23am On Jul 30, 2022
TopeQs:

.he's an actor biko

You really don't think too deeply about things do you ?

5 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by KosiGee(m): 6:23am On Jul 30, 2022

“I made a choice on my own, from my own experiences, from my history with Chris,” he said. “Jada had nothing to do with it. I’m sorry, babe. I want to say sorry to my kids and my family for the heat that I brought on all of us.”

Jada has nothing to do with it??

Will Smith was misled by his wife. His action was triggered by Jada’s reaction to Chris Rock’s joke.

Will Smith is a liar. If I was Chris, I wouldn’t be reaching out to him. Somethings are forgivable. A brother trying to hurt and embarrass another brother because of Pvssy isn’t pardonable.

27 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by KIDfurniture(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2022
Wife that sleeps around should be left to defend herself .

17 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by fnep2smooth(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2022
baba calm down... u need to control your anger issue
Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by SQLmastar(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2022
Simp of the century.
If only you had simped for a decent female like Reese or Serena, it would be a little bit better. But instead you chose a farm tool... tsk tsk tsk

12 Likes

Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by veeberry(m): 6:25am On Jul 30, 2022
A gentleman. Jada is proud of you.
Re: Will Smith Finally Apologizes To Chris Rock, Reaches Out To His Brother & Mother by Tribal: 6:25am On Jul 30, 2022
Ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peks Ikeji: "I Am Bored Being A Millionaire, I Want To Be A Billionaire" / D'banj Poses With His Newborn Son, Daniel (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh Cooks Pots Of Rice With Kokun Foundation For Charity (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.