Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? (1265 Views)

What She Got As Christmas Gift From Him - Pictured / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. / Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by fawwyb(m): 7:09am On Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, if your gf gave you a car gift with a demand that you must marry her. Will you accept such a gift? wink
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 15, 2007
If I knew I couldn't / didn't want to marry her, then I'd decline the gift.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2007
Good boy!!!! grin
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2007
Does it matter? Gifts are gifts with no strings attached. If the guy needs help--help him out and do not think it is a bait for marriage. Men do it for gals all the time.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:40am On Aug 15, 2007
@ Topic-- I think the babe spoiled the whole gig by demanding marriage---Is it by force shocked

Anyway----------guys over to you!!!
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by fawwyb(m): 7:43am On Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, she spoilt the whole thing with the bait for marriage . . . . . she might probably taking advantage of the poor background of her BF.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:49am On Aug 15, 2007
cheesy, but not surprising!
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by denex: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2007
If I like the girl and was planning to marry her, of course I will accept as down payment of my "groom price" which will also include N2 million cash to my mother and 3 ecolac boxes of Cerutti suits.

It is just a fulfilment of the prophecy that women will come to marry men.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:03am On Aug 15, 2007
denex:

If I like the girl and was planning to marry her, of course I will accept as down payment of my "groom price" which will also include N2 million cash to my mother and 3 ecolac boxes of Cerutti suits.
I
t is just a fulfilment of the prophecy that women will come to marry men.

denex---abeg stay for political section please!!!! grin Gigolo! grin
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by denex: 8:20am On Aug 15, 2007
@BABEELOVE

I am now a man of God O! I must fulfil the prophecy as contained in the good book. Meanwhile do not judge me. Why? Because I'm a man of God.

And I bind any spirit that comes against the payment of my groom price.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2007
kolooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Aro calling!!! wink Pastor Koboko!!! shocked
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by iice(f): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2007
@Topic. . .thats a trick question right? grin

Duh if you ain't willing to marry her, what's the use of accepting? undecided
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by naijacutee(f): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2007
Let me re-phrase that : If you're so sure you won't marry her, why are you in the relationship in the first place?

@ Topic. A gift with strings attched is just too manipulative. That would tell you something of the girls character in the long run.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by sanrima(f): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2007
gifts are supposed to be free with no strings attached! even if u were thinking of marrying her i don,t think u should accept the gift cos it may breed disrespect from her, and i also wish this will open ur eyes 4 u to see her in her true colours. if u get married to her tommorow and she is doing better than u financially, she may use it to tuant u and u may be reduced to the level of taking orders from her. that is u being the woman and she being the man. grin grin cheesy woman wrapper. tongue tongue
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by chinne1(f): 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2007
It doesn't really matter if you take the gift from her to marry her,

she might just be trying to be nice, one thing you should know is that women go to certain lengths to prove their love for their man.

That she asked you to marry her is not a big deal,

lets forget all these African mentality and face the fact that a woman can as well ask a man to marry her just as a man does

and she might also want to make it special by attaching the car gift to it,

so Bro take the gift and shine on

Good luck.
naijacutee:

Let me re-phrase that : If you're so sure you won't marry her, why are you in the relationship in the first place?

@ Topic. A gift with strings attched is just too manipulative. That would tell you something of the girls character in the long run.

must you marry everything on skirt?

its all about socialization.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by sillyboy(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2007
Capital YES! I can accept the car, most especially if it's a "bam" ride. And the fact that I accept the car does and will never compel me to marry her if I don't want to. In summary, I'll accept the car and NOT marry her. (I consider that a blackmail which I cant tolerate)

@ Fawwyb

I saw one of your post in which you refered to me as not being a gentleman. Well, that your "whacked" judgement. I strongly feel you shouldn't judge people, most especially if you really don't know them.

If my post disqualify me to be a gentleman in your "books", then I must say you are correct! Am NOT a gentleman. I wouldn't do stupid things like open a car door for one chick when she's got a hand !

Continue being a gentleman and more whatever to you elbow. wink
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by fawwyb(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2007
@ sillyboy,
                 you are silly indeed, i knew it! Well, i like your style . . . . . How about your friend pastor sly? Hope you heard from him lately? grin grin
One love bro.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by ssRhino: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2007
That is no more a gift, that is a bribe from her to get what he wants, and only a cheap man will settle for such, or better still a lazy azz negros that will accept such, however, a pure gift with no attachment, why not, love gives and love takes,
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by azpunpin: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2007
hmmmmm, Shebi nah Gift,i go collect am big time.I no send am, Nah she wan use her money do saraaaaaaaaaaa

Love Ya
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by Gmoney5(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2007
As long as you are not using the car as a non-governmental transportation medium for other babes, you should be fine. Otherwise, you may need glasses to cover your black-eye
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by angolag(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2007
@naijacutee
Must every relationship lead to marriage? Me I just dey wonder ohh

Peace!!
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by mellow(m): 7:27am On Aug 16, 2007
angola_g:

@naijacutee

Peace!!

No. If yes then every first relationship would have ended in marriage and we are talking

when you were like 10 t0 12 years old, the age at which you started the thing.

That is no gift. Gift doesn't come with strings. So I will not accept cos it is a bribe.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by BASETSANA(f): 10:38am On Aug 16, 2007
lf you not interested in marrying her then simple!DONT ACCEPT THE GIFT PERIOD!!
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by RuuDie(m): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2007
@Topic,

d'at na str8 luv-up oh. . . . na she go dey beg 4 divorce gan grin grin grin
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by naijacutee(f): 1:30am On Aug 17, 2007
angola_g:

@naijacutee

Peace!!

Well, call me old-fashioned but I believe that marriage should be the one intention that should revolve around serious relationships. Personally, I'm not a big fan of dating just-for-the-sake-of-it, and I start to lose interest in the whole thing once I realise that marriage isn't a possibility. It's rather like a waste of time. . .Tying people down for nothing when you can go around, see the world, change lives. . .
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by PTH(m): 1:38am On Aug 17, 2007
naijacutee:

Well, call me old-fashioned but I believe that marriage should be the one intention that should revolve around serious relationships. Personally, I'm not a big fan of dating just-for-the-sake-of-it, and I start to lose interest in the whole thing once I realise that marriage isn't a possibility. It's rather like a waste of time. . .Tying people down for nothing when you can go around, see the world, change lives. . .

here is a real woman! smiley
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by Skywalker5(m): 1:49am On Aug 17, 2007
naijacutee:

Well you have not answered the question an You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by PTH(m): 2:02am On Aug 17, 2007
Sky-walker:

Well you have not answered the question an You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? cry cry cry cry cry

she cant answer that question unless she's lesbian. naijacutie is a girl herself.
Re: Can You Accept A Car Gift From Your Gf? by naijacutee(f): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2007
Sky-walker:

@ PTH . Thanks!! - You took the words right out of my mouth. . .

@ Skywalker : Umm I don't know how to answer the question. . . I would never give anyone a gift with a condition attached. . That wouldn't be a gift anymore - It would be a bribe.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons People Cheat With their Ex.? / There Is This Girl I Love So Much But Her Parents Is Not Helping Matters / Ladies Why Contacting Guys On Msn & E-mail If You Will Never Give Ur Nairand Id

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.