Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority (3757 Views)

What I Saw In Ebonyi State : Other South East Governors Are Sleeping / Miyetti Allah Vigilante Operating In Ondo State - Facebook User (Photos) / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
okeysoninv:
Most of the oil workers are residing in Port Harcourt. that's why uyo is always empty and full of rickety Keke.

Uyo the State Capital is Administrative &Business City. Civil servants, politicians, few business men running the show in Uyo.

Most of AKS Oil&Gas is located Offshores.

Most oil workers are in Oil Services companies(Contract staff) they come deliver their jobs then return back PH, they're different from E&P companies, but some people will not understand, I'm a Petroleum & Gas Engineering graduate, I have worked in a few Services coys before the covid sh!T scattered everything, Oil companies that are in Akwa Ibom State are Exploration & Production (E&P), but when services or maintenance are required they hire or contract experts which most are Port Harcourt based companies, interestingly, Port Harcourt happens to be Africa's Oil&Gas Capital, long time ago with much factors in their favour.

Reasons are: Services company wants to be close to their Clients being E&P companies.

Port Harcourt is centrally located between Eket, Warri&other oil locations in Bayelsa State, proximity to move equipments&workers via road or by sea as the case maybe, as a result, Services companies don't see the need to operate another branch in those locations I mentioned above, simply to avoid paying mutiple Taxes to States &over-head cost of running an extra branch.

They prefer to mobilize from Port Harcourt to all those oil locations & return back to base in Port Harcourt, that's why Trans Amadi Area in Port Harcourt is an Oil&Gas district in the city, where they have offices&yards.

Services companies strikes deal to carry out different services to E&P companies like ExxonMobil, Total, Agip,Chevron, Shell, etc
Deals include but not limited to
• Drilling, designing of drilling fluids
•Well completions
•Well logging
• Pipelines
•Maintenance & Repairs of Facilities, Oil rigs both Onshores&Offshores.

Most of those companies the OP mentioned above recruit secretly, sometimes they recruit from Lagos then send down to AKS to work, they pick very few from the State, some Offshore workers can check out after 2weeks then travel to meet with their families in Port Harcourt, truth be told, there's no jobs for teeming youths in AKS, what they have are Betshops, POS outlets, politicians, Igbo business men helping in contributing to the IGR, Let us call a spade, a spade.

AKS is ranked 2nd in unemployment in the country in the mist of plenty, high Allocation, high IGR, oil&Gas companies.

There are oil capitals across the world e.g
Aberdeen in Europe
Houston, Texas in Americas
Dubai or Singapore in Asia
Perth in Australia
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by Hunchogee: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

Uyo the State Capital is Administrative &Business City. Civil servants, politicians, few business men running the show in Uyo.

Most oil workers are in Oil Services companies(Contract staff) they come deliver their jobs then return back PH, they're different from E&P companies, but some people will not understand, I'm a Petroleum & Gas Engineering graduate, I have worked in a few Services coys before the covid sh!T scattered everything, Oil companies that are in Akwa Ibom State are Exploration & Production (E&P), but when services or maintenance are required they hire or contract experts which most are Port Harcourt based companies, interestingly, Port Harcourt happens to be Africa's Oil&Gas Capital, long time ago with much factors in their favour.

Reasons are: Services company wants to be close to their Clients being E&P companies.

Port Harcourt is centrally located between Eket, Warri&other oil locations in Bayelsa State, proximity to move equipments&workers via road or by sea as the case maybe, as a result, Services companies don't see the need to operate another branch in those locations I mentioned above, simply to avoid paying mutiple Taxes to States &over-head cost of running an extra branch.

They prefer to mobilize from Port Harcourt to all those oil locations & return back to base in Port Harcourt, that's why Trans Amadi Area in Port Harcourt is an Oil&Gas district in the city, where they have offices&yards.

Services companies strikes deal to carry out different services to E&P companies like ExxonMobil, Total, Agip,Chevron, Shell, etc
•Well completions
•Well logging
• Pipelines

Most of those companies the OP mentioned above recruit secretly, sometimes they recruit from Lagos then send down to AKS to work, they pick very few from the State, some Offshore workers can check out after 2weeks then travel to meet with their families in Port Harcourt, truth be told, there's no jobs for teeming youths in AKS, what they have are Betshops, POS outlets, politicians, Igbo business men helping in contributing to the IGR, Let us call a spade, a spade.

AKS is ranked 2nd in unemployment in the country in the mist of plenty, high Allocation, high IGR, oil&Gas companies.

Aberdeen in Europe
Perth in Australia
What is this one even saying ..
Oga am currently working offshores so I know what am saying up there . You may be right in some of your points but not on some .. Third party companies (contractors) are the only one coming from PH and few staffs both CS or Regulars , the rest are in the state .. Akwa Ibom as employment percentage agreement to all companies operating in the state . So your data of employment and fake news of Akwa ibom been a POS or Igbo IGR is from a place of hate ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by Hunchogee: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2022
Lalasticlala front page
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by okeysoninv: 10:59am On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

•Well completions
•Well logging
• Pipelines

Aberdeen in Europe
Perth in Australia
your talking rubbish here, 90% of aks oil comes from offshore. Port Harcourt is there departure center. the choppers that transport them are here in ph..I repeat 80% of oil workers in akwa ibiom are living in Port Harcourt.
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by maxlev1: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

•Well completions
•Well logging
• Pipelines

Aberdeen in Europe
Perth in Australia
Bro some of your analysis is true. I happen to be in a similar shoes with u being that I, a mechanical Engineer by discipline, skilled, certified and experienced in some oil and gas related areas have been working under several oil and gas contractors at different times until the covid shit. Also the takeover issues of certain locations at Mobil btw NNPC & Seplat have brought abt more delay in slowing down things for third party contractor with projects. I did like us to relate more on a personal level on regards to oil and gas. Maybe u suggest to me on what medium I can reach u mail or WhatsApp.
Back to your write up. Apart from some companies which contracts are subleted to through 4th party system and in turn hide from the host communities due to the obvious reasons we know of, Other companies have very high percentage of Akwaibomites in their workforce. The truth is even if all our people constitute as 100% workforce in all the oil and gas companies operating in our state, it won't change much because the total number of oil workers are quite low compared to the total population. The economy is just so bad my brother.

1 Like

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by Hunchogee: 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
maxlev1:

Bro some of your analysis is true. I happen to be in a similar shoes with u being that I, a mechanical Engineer by discipline, skilled, certified and experienced in some oil and gas related areas have been working under several oil and gas contractors at different times until the covid shit. Also the takeover issues of certain locations at Mobil btw NNPC & Seplat have brought abt more delay in slowing down things for third party contractor with projects. I did like us to relate more on a personal level on regards to oil and gas. Maybe u suggest to me on what medium I can reach u mail or WhatsApp.
Back to your write up. Apart from some companies which contracts are subleted to through 4th party system and in turn hide from the host communities due to the obvious reasons we know of, Other companies have very high percentage of Akwaibomites in their workforce. The truth is even if all our people constitute as 100% workforce in all the oil and gas companies operating in our state, it won't change much because the total number of oil workers are quite low compared to the total population. The economy is just so bad my brother.
God bless you , imagine the fool saying that Akwa ibom are not working with those companies, as if we are fools to allow company come to our state and explore without we having a dominant work force presence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hunchogee:

What is this one even saying ..
Oga am currently working offshores so I know what am saying up there . You may be right in some of your points but not on some .. Third party companies (contractors) are the only one coming from PH and few staffs both CS or Regulars , the rest are in the state .. Akwa Ibom as employment percentage agreement to all companies operating in the state . So your data of employment and fake news of Akwa ibom been a POS or Igbo IGR is from a place of hate ..

Before you quote me highlight where I'm wrong in my post &let me thrash it properly, I like to put the records straight as well as Posting the reality on ground.

1. First, I did not state, the companies you listed up there does not exist.

Some of them are not busy as we expect, apart from the American gaint ExxonMobil, Total or maybe Shell, then indigenous Oil coys like Sterling Oil, Oriental &Moni Pulo,

others are mushroom not busy with serious E&P, how many barrels of oil produced in a day?

You should be able to State in your reports or Topic, how many barrels of Oil they produce to suggest how big or busy they are.

Working&Earning from your Offshore job does not portray the generality of majority of Akwa Ibom State youths are gainfully employed.

The reality on ground is, majority of youths in Akwa Ibom State are jobless, this is Real. &it has shown in National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) rating.

Akwa Ibom State, indeed Uyo, the state capital, has the highest number mini buses, tricycles, cos no white collar or blue collar(industrial) jobs available in the State.

Youths picked up Transport business as a means of making ends meet, majority engaged themselves via Hired Purchase arrangements instead of staying idle.

When next you're back from your Offshore work, drive round Uyo &see the number of Betshops &POS kioks on major roads &Streets of Uyo Metropolis.

Most businesses like Supermarkets are owned by Igbos, how many of our indigenes owned shops in popular markets like Electronics &household @NEPA line?, Building Materials @Ifa Ikot Okpon? Mechanic village where auto spare parts are sold? Or even Ladies accessories like weavon, wigs @ Oku street, phones &its accessories even clothings, boutiques, Igbos living in the State contribute reasonable % to our IGR, infact Uyo indigenes are even selling their old family compounds/properties on major Roads to the Igbo which some have so far developed it to highrise structures accommodating shops&office complexes, in all this, they also employ our youths where the need arises.

Part of my side hustle a property agent, most of my clients are Igbos requesting for affordable Lands&physical properties to buy.

Our people are also trying their bit, i have observed, their investment is basically Hotels, Petrol service stations etc, but the chunk of the money in circulation are from civil servants&Politicians

If the Oil services companies were to be located in Uyo, you would have seen how AKS develop rapidly, reduced unemployment a lil bit, H.E Governor Udom is trying his very best by attracting industries via Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), what other previous government did not do, we may not see the dividends now, but definitely, gradually we will reap the benefits later, but before we expect, the State Government should Institute an interest-free loans to the teeming youths, market women, who are ever ready to do business, monitor the usage, let it get to the down-trodden, Unemployed graduates in the State to cushion the effects of monster hunger&unemployment.

Please note, I criticize constructively, I can't see black &then I call it white.

So my brother I do not hate my State, I do not have any state to call my own, Akwa Ibom State is my State I want to see the State make progress steadily, devoid of unemployments, hunger etc.

That is my Take!
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by Hunchogee: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

Before you quote me highlight where I'm wrong in my post &let me thrash it properly, I like to put the records straight as well as Posting the reality on ground.

1. First, I did not state, the companies you listed up there does not exist.

Some of them are not busy as we expect, apart from the American gaint ExxonMobil, Total or maybe Shell, then indigenous Oil coys like Sterling Oil, Oriental &Moni Pulo,

others are mushroom not busy with serious E&P, how many barrels of oil produced in a day?

You should be able to State in your reports or Topic, how many barrels of Oil they produce to suggest how big or busy they are.

Working&Earning from your Offshore job does not portray the generality of majority of Akwa Ibom State youths are gainfully employed.

The reality on ground is, majority of youths in Akwa Ibom State are jobless, this is Real. &it has shown in National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) rating.

Akwa Ibom State, indeed Uyo, the state capital, has the highest number mini buses, tricycles, cos no white collar or blue collar(industrial) jobs available in the State.

Youths picked up Transport business as a means of making ends meet, majority engaged themselves via Hired Purchase arrangements instead of staying idle.

When next you're back from your Offshore work, drive round Uyo &see the number of Betshops &POS kioks on major roads &Streets of Uyo Metropolis.

Most businesses like Supermarkets are owned by Igbos, how many of our indigenes owned shops in popular markets like Electronics &household @NEPA line?, Building Materials @Ifa Ikot Okpon? Mechanic village where auto spare parts are sold? Or even Ladies accessories like weavon, wigs @ Oku street, phones &its accessories even clothings, boutiques, Igbos living in the State contribute reasonable % to our IGR, infact Uyo indigenes are even selling their old family compounds/properties on major Roads to the Igbo which some have so far developed it to highrise structures accommodating shops&office complexes, in all this, they also employ our youths where the need arises.

Part of my side hustle a property agent, most of my clients are Igbos requesting for affordable Lands&physical properties to buy.

Our people are also trying their bit, i have observed, their investment is basically Hotels, Petrol service stations etc, but the chunk of the money in circulation are from civil servants&Politicians

If the Oil services companies were to be located in Uyo, you would have seen how AKS develop rapidly, reduced unemployment a lil bit, H.E Governor Udom is trying his very best by attracting industries via Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), what other previous government did not do, we may not see the dividends now, but definitely, gradually we will reap the benefits later, but before we expect, the State Government should Institute an interest-free loans to the teeming youths, market women, who are ever ready to do business, monitor the usage, let it get to the down-trodden, Unemployed graduates in the State to cushion the effects of monster hunger&unemployment.

Please note, I criticize constructively, I can't see black &then I call it white.

So my brother I do not hate my State, I do not have any state to call my own, Akwa Ibom State is my State I want to see the State make progress steadily, devoid of unemployments, hunger etc.

That is my Take!
you are abusive and I don’t like your person … Look at the way you are badmouthing a state and people you call your own with such insensitivity.. Abeg let die this talk before you get me angry .. Takecare
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2022
okeysoninv:
your talking rubbish here, 90% of aks oil comes from offshore. Port Harcourt is there departure center. the choppers that transport them are here in ph..I repeat 80% of oil workers in akwa ibiom are living in Port Harcourt.

Unfortunately, you have ridicule yourself by rubbishing yourself the more because you don't read, a typical Nigerian Lazy youth syndrome, who is so quick to quote without reading properly, I pointed out in my comment that MOST OF AKS OIL&GAS ARE LOCATED OFFSHORES

Telling the whole wide world that departure centre of Akwa Ibom workers is Port Harcourt makes me shake my head in how ignorant you are.

Telling me that 80% of Oil&Gas Akwa Ibom indigenes lives in Port Harcourt further shows your ignorances.

Now Look:

Departure Location of Oil&Gas workers generally not only Akwa Ibom indigenes working within Akwa Ibom State especially ExxonMobil, is at Qua Iboe Terminal (QIT) choppers takes off &Lands at the Terminal.

Do you consider the cost of shuttling workers between Port Harcourt &deep Offshores Eket daily or 2-weeks intervals? Do you know the cost?
ExxonMobil also have a particular bus stop in Uyo, i think Aka Road, where a company coaster Buses picks all its workers living in Uyo to Eket daily. Those VIP experts lives in Eket Town.

Since you are too ignorant, the choppers that takes off from Airforce Base along Aba Road, Port Harcourt City, are those working in Rigs Offshores Port Harcourt, in rare cases they go further to Offshore in AKS, it is a general thing it's not only Akwa Ibom Oil&Gas workers occupies the choppers, they move specifically, it is either Total Staffs or Shell Staffs, or catering services & Oil&Gas services companies who has work to deliver mostly Offshores Port Harcourt.

ExxonMobil happens to be the biggest E&P operating in Akwa Ibom here, they shuttle via Chopper or Vessel from Qua Iboe Terminal(QIT) AKS &BRT(Bonny River Terminal) Rivers State, note the two Terminal are owned&operated by ExxonMobil. They had Logistics & Transport contract with Bristow Helicopters, some companies patronize Caverton Helicopters, Chartered Vessels etc.

So telling me 80% of Oil & Gas workers working in AKS are based in Port Harcourt is Laughable, they live in Uyo, Eket, few in Port Harcourt, those in Port Harcourt are mostly Total, Chevron, Shell, Agip, &ExxonMobil BRT, NLNG cos NLNG make use of the chopper too fro&to PH to Bonny Island.

Others based in PH, are those working with Oil-Gas services whose offices are mostly in Port Harcourt, like TransOcean, Schlumberger, Weatherford, Saipem etc reasons is most IOCs are based in Port Harcourt, they want to be close to their clients.

If ExxonMobil needs their services like maintenance or repairs, etc, they will take off from Port Harcourt, some times they navigate using Vessels to cut cost, once they're done with the contract job, they return to PH, their services are different & they don't based in AKS.

I have ExxonMobil friends based in Calabar, Cross River State. After 2-weeks Offshores Eket, they reunite with their families.

Next time read properly before rushing to comment "rubbish"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by Hunchogee: 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

Unfortunately, you have ridicule yourself by rubbishing yourself the more because you don't read, a typical Nigerian youth syndrome, who is so quick to quote without reading properly, I pointed out in my comment that MOST OF AKS OIL&GAS ARE LOCATED OFFSHORES

Telling the whole wide world that departure centre of Akwa Ibom workers is Port Harcourt makes me shake my head in how ignorant you are.

Telling me that 80% of Oil&Gas Akwa Ibom indigenes lives in Port Harcourt further shows your ignorances.

Now Look:

Departure Location of Oil&Gas workers generally not only Akwa Ibom indigenes working within Akwa Ibom State especially ExxonMobil, is at Qua Iboe Terminal (QIT) choppers takes off &Lands at the Terminal.

Do you consider the cost of shuttling workers between Port Harcourt &deep Offshores Eket daily or 2-weeks intervals? Do you know the cost?
ExxonMobil also have a particular bus stop in Uyo, i think Aka Road, where a company coaster Buses picks all its workers living in Uyo to Eket daily. Those VIP experts lives in Eket Town.

Since you are too ignorant, the choppers that takes off from Airforce Base along Aba Road, Port Harcourt City, are those working in Rigs Offshores Port Harcourt, in rare cases they go further to Offshore in AKS, it is a general thing it's not only Akwa Ibom Oil&Gas workers occupies the choppers, they move specifically, it is either Total Staffs or Shell Staffs, or catering services & Oil&Gas services companies who has work to deliver mostly Offshores Port Harcourt.

ExxonMobil happens to be the biggest E&P operating in Akwa Ibom here, they shuttle via Chopper or Vessel from Qua Iboe Terminal(QIT) AKS &BRT(Bonny River Terminal) Rivers State, note the two Terminal are owned&operated by ExxonMobil. They had Logistics & Transport contract with Bristow Helicopters, some companies patronize Caverton Helicopters, Chartered Vessels etc.

So telling me 80% of Oil & Gas workers working in AKS are based in Port Harcourt is Laughable, they live in Uyo, Eket, few in Port Harcourt, those in Port Harcourt are mostly Total, Chevron, Shell, Agip, &ExxonMobil BRT, NLNG cos NLNG make use of the chopper too fro&to PH to Bonny Island.

Others based in PH, are those working with Oil-Gas services whose offices are mostly in Port Harcourt, like TransOcean, Schlumberger, Weatherford, Saipem etc reasons is most IOCs are based in Port Harcourt, they want to be close to their clients.

If ExxonMobil needs their services like maintenance or repairs, etc, they will take off from Port Harcourt, some times they navigate using Vessels to cut cost, once they're done with the contract job, they return to PH, their services are different & they don't based in AKS.

I have ExxonMobil friends based in Calabar, Cross River State. After 2-weeks Offshores Eket, they reunite with their families.

This is when you are talking, away from your abusive attitude towards your people , I think you have a wide knowledge of what’s really going on. Nice piece , that wimp you quoted feel everything that from PH and END there .. My younger bros work in shell and he flies from Attah international airport in uyo .. Some Mobil guys that live in Akwa ibom but work in ESSO offshores facilities fly from Uyo airport while we offshore JVO and Usan fly from QIT Ibeno . Only a handful third party fly from PH ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by okeysoninv: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

Unfortunately, you have ridicule yourself by rubbishing yourself the more because you don't read, a typical Nigerian youth syndrome, who is so quick to quote without reading properly, I pointed out in my comment that MOST OF AKS OIL&GAS ARE LOCATED OFFSHORES

Now Look:

cont. Writing rubbish. How many chopper services is there in akwa ibiom to cather for tens of thousands oil workers and other staffs for offshore facilities at aks. Chevron workers at warri even makes use Port Harcourt Chopper's service talk more of aks that's relatively new in oil industry. Your spilling what you don't know. How many helicopter companies are there in eket . Mind you apart from air Force agip also have heliport at agip base pH. I repeat most of aks oil workers are base in ph.
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hunchogee:
you are abusive and I don’t like your person … Look at the way you are badmouthing a state and people you call your own with such insensitivity.. Abeg let die this talk before you get me angry .. Takecare

Yes, I don't need you to like me at all &I don't fvckin'care!, you don't like raw truth, you were arguing on some issues you know it exist, but pretends, to be honest, in my life, i hate pretenders, I tell you things just as the way it is on ground. Sometimes you forget that we have AKS indigenes here in this Nairaland Forum. I don't badmouth my state,

i call a spade a spade.

You work Offshores, you feel AKS don't have unemployment issues, who is more insensitive?
Thank God, We now have the basic Infrastructures.
It's time AKS Government build the people, I sincerely thank H.E Gov. Udom for approving scholarships for 500 poor but brilliant indigent undergraduates, though I had expected that to happen ever since, but it's rather late than never, I encourage him to do more in Human Capital Development.
So, It's not all about me, I'm done with school long time ago, &i'm Ok, but those poor helpless people is my concern.

Make sure you create a Topic/Thread for the
500 Scholarships indigent Students here on Nairaland Forum for all to see

Au revoir Mon ami

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
okeysoninv:
cont. Writing rubbish. How many chopper services is there in akwa ibiom to cather for tens of thousands oil workers and other staffs for offshore facilities at aks. Chevron workers at warri even makes use Port Harcourt Chopper's service talk more of aks that's relatively new in oil industry. Your spilling what you don't know. How many helicopter companies are there in eket . Mind you apart from air Force agip also have heliport at agip base pH. I repeat most of aks oil workers are base in ph.

You did not even answered my questions i put to you, 80% AKS workers indeed in dreams, So Chevron Warri workers also live in Port Harcourt?
Akwa Ibom relatively new in Oi&Gas??, your ignorance has no bound, chopper shuttles between ExxonMobil Helipad Offshores Facilities to Qua Iboe Terminal, Ibeno.

2 Likes

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by okeysoninv: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

You did not even answered my questions i put to you, 80% AKS workers indeed in dreams, So Chevron Warri workers also live in Port Harcourt?
Akwa Ibom relatively new in Oi&Gas??, your ignorance has no bound, chopper shuttles between ExxonMobil Helipad Offshores Facilities to Qua Iboe Terminal, Ibeno.
you're exposing your ignorant..how possible can only one facility Cather for more than 20k offshore workers , the move of maritime boundaries by obj regime, gave akwa ibiom relevance in the oil sectors..if you don't know Chevron workers also depart from Port Harcourt then I'm sorry to have engaged u in the ist place.
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by Hunchogee: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2022
okeysoninv:
Shut up Eket have Mobil airstrip and even at that most personnel’s fly from Uyo airport now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hunchogee:
This is when you are talking, away from your abusive attitude towards your people , I think you have a wide knowledge of what’s really going on. Nice piece , that wimp you quoted feel everything that from PH and END there .. My younger bros work in shell and he flies from Attah international airport in uyo .. Some Mobil guys that live in Akwa ibom but work in ESSO offshores facilities fly from Uyo airport while we offshore JVO and Usan fly from QIT Ibeno . Only a handful third party fly from PH ..

Thank you very much for vindicating me, I thought I don't have anybody who have the experience of how the Oil&Gas workers shuttles. Thank you. I don't badmouth AKS
I need change for the better grin forgive me, my apologies. cool

2 Likes

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
okeysoninv:
you're exposing your ignorant..how possible can only one facility Cather for more than 20k offshore workers , the move of maritime boundaries by obj regime, gave akwa ibiom relevance in the oil sectors..if you don't know Chevron workers also depart from Port Harcourt then I'm sorry to have engaged u in the ist place.

Did i mention one facility, you can't read to comprehend, thats your problem, There are more Offshore Facilities that Carters for more than 20K ExxonMobil workers &other coys, I have stated clearly, that AKS indigenes working with Total, Shell, other Oil&Gas Services coys takes off from PH, &they're few in number, they only return once they're done with the job.

I have asked the you the cost of flying from Airforce Base to Offshores AKS on a daily, you haven't answered me.

Your ignorance has further been exposed on AKS relevance in Oil&Gas industry.

Look for your info, ExxonMobil started operations in Offshores then South-Eastern State (AKS&CRS) in the 70's.

It was the Indigenous Military Governor Brigadier U.J Esuene, of then S-Eastern state an Eket man gave ExxonMobil the much assistance to settle where they're now, the Terminal, as Exploration & Production (E&P) had already begun, AKS indigenes were gainfully employed in different areas of the company, some secured contracts with the company long time ago, while the headquarter of the company still remains in Lagos.
I don't really have Time I would have list all the Offshores Facilities (Rigs) named in our local dialect, including the Deepwater facility christen ERHA Deepwater Development operated by ExxonMobil, deploying Subsea Technology in an FPSO facility, which has the capacity of storing 2.2million barrels with processing capacity of 210,000 barrels of crude oil per day.

Now back to Obj you mentioned that gave AKS relevance in Oil&Gas sector, you make me laugh grin at your ignorant again, now let me school you, that issue was all about revenue from Oil&Gas produced Offshores, FG said States can only get revenue derivation from Oil&Gas produced within the boundaries of the States, Offshores within the Gulf of Guinea belongs to FG, States like AKS were receiving peanuts from FG despite very rich in Oil&Gas, Our former Erudite former Governor, Arc Victor Attah took the case to court, other Governors within South-South geopolitical zone joined in the case &lost at the Federal High Court, infact at a point, AKS were not receiving Federal Allocation, the State was surviving with only IGR couple with loans,
To cut the story short, it was the highest Court, THE SUPREME COURT, ABUJA sometime in 2004 or there abouts, gave the judgement that abolished the obnoxious Onshore/Offshore dichotomy, so that States who produces Oil&Gas can share in the revenue from its resources, atleast 13%.
A bill was sent to that effect, then President OBJ Assent to it, so it can become an Act!

That (13%) of what you produce monthly is sent the States in the South-south &the entire Niger-Delta region, thats what they are using to develop their States.
So it is not on the basis of AKS being relevant in Oil&Gas recently, but revenue from Natural Resources Almighty God gave the State, which FG saw other wise.

Before the historic supreme Court judgement, AKS have been seriously balling in Oil&Gas business, Exploration &Production since 70's till date.
We have AKS indigenes who are still in active service, both Technical & Managerial roles in ExxonMobil.
Vice Chairman, ExxonMobil Worldwide, Udom Inoyo, an AKS indigene, retired recently from active service after over 30years in the company.

If you were to be manager, Logistics & Transport @ExxonMobil you would have cost the company more money in your unwise decisions by flying workers from Airforce Base, Port Harcourt to Edop, Ekpe or Asabo Offshore Platforms measuring over 100KM Offshores, when there is Qua Iboe Terminal right there at Ibeno, where choppers takes off &Lands @the Terminal.

I like to engage discussions with informed &intelligent personalities, so sorry you ain't fall into this group, so sorry!
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2022
maxlev1:

OK, I will communicate with you later, thanks

1 Like

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by Hunchogee: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

Did i mention one facility, you can't read to comprehend, thats your problem, There are more Offshore Facilities that Carters for more than 20K ExxonMobil workers &other coys, I have stated clearly, that AKS indigenes working with Total, Shell, other Oil&Gas Services coys takes off from PH, &they're few in number, they only return once they're done with the job.

I have asked the you the cost of flying from Airforce Base to Offshores AKS on a daily, you haven't answered me.

Your ignorance has further been exposed on AKS relevance in Oil&Gas industry.

Look for your info, ExxonMobil started operations in Offshores then South-Eastern State (AKS&CRS) in the 70's.

It was the Indigenous Military Governor Brigadier U.J Esuene, of then S-Eastern state an Eket man gave ExxonMobil the much assistance to settle where they're now, the Terminal, as Exploration & Production (E&P) had already begun, AKS indigenes were gainfully employed in different areas of the company, some secured contracts with the company long time ago, while the headquarter of the company still remains in Lagos.
I don't really have Time I would have list all the Offshores Facilities (Rigs) named in our local dialect, including the Deepwater facility christen ERHA Deepwater Development operated by ExxonMobil, deploying Subsea Technology in an FPSO facility, which has the capacity of storing 2.2million barrels with processing capacity of 210,000 barrels of crude oil per day.

Now back to Obj you mentioned that gave AKS relevance in Oil&Gas sector, you make me laugh grin at your ignorant again, now let me school you, that issue was all about revenue from Oil&Gas produced Offshores, FG said States can only get revenue derivation from Oil&Gas produced within the boundaries of the States, Offshores within the Gulf of Guinea belongs to FG, States like AKS were receiving peanuts from FG despite very rich in Oil&Gas, Our former Erudite former Governor, Arc Victor Attah took the case to court, other Governors within South-South geopolitical zone joined in the case &lost at the Federal High Court, infact at a point, AKS were not receiving Federal Allocation, the State was surviving with only IGR couple with loans,
To cut the story short, it was the highest Court, THE SUPREME COURT, ABUJA sometime in 2004 or there abouts, gave the judgement that abolished the obnoxious Onshore/Offshore dichotomy, so that States who produces Oil&Gas can share in the revenue from its resources, atleast 13%.
A bill was sent to that effect, then President OBJ Assent to it, so it can become an Act!

That (13%) of what you produce monthly is sent the States in the South-south &the entire Niger-Delta region, thats what they are using to develop their States.
So it is not on the basis of AKS being relevant in Oil&Gas recently, but revenue from Natural Resources Almighty God gave the State, which FG saw other wise.

Before the historic supreme Court judgement, AKS have been seriously balling in Oil&Gas business, Exploration &Production since 70's till date.
We have AKS indigenes who are still in active service, both Technical & Managerial roles in ExxonMobil.
Vice Chairman, ExxonMobil Worldwide, Udom Inoyo, an AKS indigene, retired recently from active service after over 30years in the company.

If you were to be manager, Logistics & Transport @ExxonMobil you would have cost the company more money in your unwise decisions by flying workers from Airforce Base, Port Harcourt to Edop, Ekpe or Asabo Offshore Platforms measuring over 100KM Offshores, when there is Qua Iboe Terminal right there at Ibeno, where choppers takes off &Lands @the Terminal.

I like to engage discussions with informed &intelligent personalities, so sorry you ain't fall into this group, so sorry!
you’ve succeeded to sending that guy to Oblivion lol grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by maxlev1: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hunchogee:
Hahaha calm down bro. I know u are angry based on his assertion that most of our youths depend on betting and Pos business for survival. Even me do not agree with him on that particular point. Betting & POS biz is rampant even in PH as well afterall they are legitimate business which is better than crime and rituals. Well his subsequent posts was abit better. It is good to note that poverty is deeply rooted in every state in the country because our economy is very bad. This is as a result of wrong policies from the federal government. Our state government have done well trying to industrialize the state to the best of its ability. From this we will benefit from immensely in the next couple of years hopefully when we have a good federal executive that will improve the economic standard of the country through good policies and general decision making.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by Hunchogee: 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
maxlev1:

Hahaha calm down bro. I know u are angry based on his assertion that most of our youths depend on betting and Pos business for survival. Even me do not agree with him on that particular point. Betting & POS biz is rampant even in PH as well afterall they are legitimate business which is better than crime and rituals. Well his subsequent posts was abit better. It is good to note that poverty is deeply rooted in every state in the country because our economy is very bad. This is as a result of wrong policies from the federal government. Our state government have done well trying to industrialize the state to the best of its ability. From this we will benefit from immensely in the next couple of years hopefully when we have a good federal executive that will improve the economic standard of the country through good policies and general decision making.
well served and detailed

1 Like

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by saintkeppy(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
Hunchogee:
you’ve succeeded to sending that guy to Oblivion lol grin

Oblivion? grin he should come out, i like engaging in discussions where people can learn but he doesn't like to admit the truth, I spent my University years in Port Harcourt, Uniport to be precise even after school I lived in PH, so I know about Nigeria's Petroleum both downstream&upstream, though my focus was on Gas in the university, because Nigeria is richer in Gas with over 1Trillion cubic feet of Gas, but there's no deliberate clear cut vision in developing Gas as an alternative source of Energy.

He doesn't read before quoting, he is always feeling excited seeing mentions on his profile, then comment on something he knows nothing about, very daft!
How can you fly AKS based workers from Airforce Based PH to ExxonMobil Offshores Facilities in AKS, every day or on a weekly basis? no consideration for proximity, that's not wise, it's not Logical!

Those flying from Airforce Base are mostly Shell, TOTAL, Chevron E.g accessing Agbami Offshore, etc, ExxonMobil staffs based in PH also fly to BRT, Bonny Island to work, ExxonMobil work is not much in BRT, compare to QIT, Ibeno.

ExxonMobil staffs flying from PH to Eket have few things to do mostly expats, instead to travel by Road, then join chopper @QIT.

Seriously, I enjoy this thread/Topic.
I forgive his ignorant.

I learn so much in this Forum, sometimes I observe a Topic, contribute, pick few lessons, move on. . .

We are here in this forum to learn, share experience, ideas etc, nobody is a monopoly of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by maxlev1: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

Oblivion? grin he should come out, i like engaging in discussions where people can learn but he doesn't like to admit the truth, I spent my University years in Port Harcourt, Uniport to be precise even after school I lived in PH, so I know about Nigeria's Petroleum both downstream&upstream, though my focus was on Gas in the university, because Nigeria is richer in Gas with over 1Trillion cubic feet of Gas, but there's no deliberate clear cut vision in developing Gas as an alternative source of Energy.

He doesn't read before quoting, he is always feeling excited seeing mentions on his profile, then comment on something he knows nothing about, very daft!
How can you fly AKS based workers from Airforce Based PH to ExxonMobil Offshores Facilities in AKS, every day or on a weekly basis? no consideration for proximity, that's not wise, it's not Logical!

Those flying from Airforce Base are mostly Shell, TOTAL, Chevron E.g accessing Agbami Offshore, etc, ExxonMobil staffs based in PH also fly to BRT, Bonny Island to work, ExxonMobil work is not much in BRT, compare to QIT, Ibeno.

ExxonMobil staffs flying from PH to Eket have few things to do mostly expats, instead to travel by Road, then join chopper @QIT.

Seriously, I enjoy this thread/Topic.
I forgive his ignorant.

I learn so much in this Forum, sometimes I observe a Topic, contribute, pick few lessons, move on. . .

We are here in this forum to learn, share experience, ideas etc, nobody is a monopoly of knowledge.
I hope he learns from the knowledge you have poured out instead of just arguing without credible fact to back up his points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by maxlev1: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2022
saintkeppy:

OK, I will communicate with you later, thanks
Alright looking forward to that. Thanks too
Re: Lists Of Other IOC Operating In Akwa Ibom State Other Than Mobil… Priority by nesphil(m): 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2022
I don't agree with you on the following points:
1. Eket is not the most developed city in Akwa Ibom State, Eket is not more developed than Uyo.
2. Ibeno doesn't have more GDP than Uyo.
3. Ikot Ekpene is not more serene than Uyo.
4. Onna does not have more good roads than Uyo.
5. Eket does not have more hotels than Uyo.
I know you're from Ibeno, and I don't think you really know Uyo very well grin grin grin.
Hunchogee:
There is this misconception of calling Akwa Ibom people Calabar people, unfortunately, that same misconception is the reason some gullible feel Akwa Ibom has only Mobil as its blue-collar job provider and I wonder can only Mobil produce 600k barrels of oil a day?
The question is who are those other oil companies operating in the state that jointly produced 300k of oil a day to make Akwa Ibom state the highest producer of oil and gas in Nigeria?
Guys, indeed there are things a lot of Nigerians don’t know about Akwa Ibom state and it’s a pity because most of them don’t do research, they only talk out of emotions. I’m here to correct all those misconceptions about Akwa Ibom state ..

General Facts to know about Akwa Ibom State::
- Akwa Ibomite are not Calabar people because Calabar is a name of a city, not an ethnic group rather Akwa Ibom is a state that comprises Ibibio, Annang, Oro, Ekid , Ibonos, and Obolo people …

- Akwa Ibom state population for 2022 as projected is 7.4milllion people and it’s evenly distributed across the state ..
- Ibeno is the richest of all LGA in Akwa Ibom because it has a higher GDP.
- Eket is the most developed city in Akwa Ibom state
- Eket has no oil company and doesn’t share boundaries with the ocean (meaning it has no beach)
- Akwa Ibom white sand bar beach is in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo towns.
- Eket houses more than 200 services companies even more than Uyo..
- Onna LGA currently has the best road network in Akwa Ibom state
- Ikot Ekpene is the most beautiful city in Akwa Ibom state with its serene environment and beauty.
- Eket has more hotels than Uyo.
Ibeno has more oil companies than any other oil-bearing town in Akwa Ibom state.
- Ikot Abasi houses more historical tourist sites than any other city in Nigeria.
Those are a few facts about Akwa Ibom people don’t know.

: List of oil companies operating in Akwa Ibom state and its location or town:
1. Exxonmobil: location- Ibeno, workforce- 6k ( 3k employees, 1k contracts staffs, 5h contractors, 5h projects staff, 3h third parties, and 1.7k services Staffs) Akwa Ibomites are 60% of this workforce.

2. Total E&F: Location- (offshores Ibeno ) workforce 800 workers. Akwa Ibomites account for 60% of the workforce ..

3. Oando oil and gas : Location-[i][/i]Ibeno[b][/b], Workforce : 1.5k (80% of it workforce are Akwa Ibomite)

4. Network production and exploration limited: location-[/b]Ibeno[b], Workforce: 600h , Akwa Ibomite account for 80% of its work force
5. Septa gas energy : Location - Ibeno and Esit Eket , workforce : 500h , Akwa Ibomite account to 85% of its workforce

6. Universal Energy: Location- Ibeno and Mbo LGAs, Workforce : 700h , Akwa Ibom account to 90% of workforce

7. Addax pectroleum : location - offshores Ibeno, Mbo, oron LGAs, workforce 2k Personnels , 60% Akwa ibomite

8. Savannah Energy : location- Esit Eket and Ibeno, workforce : 500h , Akwaibomite account for 80% of workforce.

9. Sterling oil exploration and petrochemical : location- Eastern obolo, Onna, Mkpat Enin and Ibeno
Workforce : 3k, 90% Akwa Ibomite ..

10. Black Rhino exploration: location- Ibeno , 1k staffs , 65% Akwa ibomite

11. Mono polu production limited: Uruan LGA, workforce 300h , 80% Akwa Ibomite

12. Chevron Field (operated offshore by Agbami limited) location: Ibeno, Akwa Ibom account for 70% of it’s workforce

13. Agip production and exploration: Location- offshores Oron , Akwa Ibomite account for 60% of it workforce..

Note: they are more than 13 oil companies operating in Akwa Ibom and over 500 services companies too.
So guys have listed them out and their location let stop insulting Akwa ibom about only having Mobil in reality after Lagos, Rivers and Ogun no state is as industrialize as Akwa ibom , the only difference is that we don’t concentrate our industries around the capital Uyo. This industries are evenly spread across the state , leaving uyo quiet and serene ..
2. The listed above companies are only the ones in oil and gas business, we have other companies other than oil and gas operating in the state ..

Lalasticlala, Mynd44 front page

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northerners In Fear As IPOB Kills 8 Nigeriens In Imo, Carts Away Head / Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) / Why MASSOB And IPOB Should Be Treated Like Boko Haram & Herdsmen Militia- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.